Stage Select

Koihime Enbu: 2D Soul Calibur

customImageLogo.png?t=1471491570

I took some time to try this game out.  It looks like an anime game BUT IT IS ALL IN FACT A LIE.

Some stuff I have found out:

- There is no air dashing

- There are no chain normals

-  I don't think there is any jump canceling

- Everything seems unsafe on block

- It is extremely grounded and footsie based

- Everyone seems to have universal launch, universal crumple, and universal wall bounce

- There are assists

The way you play this game is like Soul Calibur.  Attack, block, then counter-attack.  Anyone who thinks this is an anime game is SORELY MISTAKEN!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I remember when KE was supposed to be the greatest fighting game ever (the week it came out 😂)  It's one of those games people always told me to try out though since I'm a SamSho player and I forgot about it. If it's out on Switch, maybe I'll grab it at some point. 

RE SamSho vs Last Blade, I always wanted to like the last blade games more but they aren't that deep. Theyre more fun when you don't really know how to play them, once you really learn more about them they're kind of meh. The parry system is cool I guess, and the grooves are nice but there isn't a single samsho game that isn't a better game than either LB imo. 

3 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I remember when KE was supposed to be the greatest fighting game ever (the week it came out 😂)  It's one of those games people always told me to try out though since I'm a SamSho player and I forgot about it. If it's out on Switch, maybe I'll grab it at some point. 

I didn't really enjoy it -- gameplay style is not for me.  I can see why some like it though.

Sadly the graphics are whack.

13 hours ago, misterBee said:

I didn't really enjoy it -- gameplay style is not for me.  I can see why some like it though.

Sadly the graphics are whack.

It seemed like every new fighter that came out was like "the best game ever" at least to the people in my local and on Twitter. But then they'd play it for a month then go back to playing SFV or Tekken. It happened with FEXL, Kohime Enbu, and a list of others I can't remember. 

9 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

It seemed like every new fighter that came out was like "the best game ever" at least to the people in my local and on Twitter. But then they'd play it for a month then go back to playing SFV or Tekken. It happened with FEXL, Kohime Enbu, and a list of others I can't remember. 

I have a gigantic menu of FGs on PS4 for exactly this reason.

Nothing was better for the sales of the FotM FG than SFV's ongoing mediocrity.

And the graphics for this game are indeed whack. 

6 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

I have a gigantic menu of FGs on PS4 for exactly this reason.

Nothing was better for the sales of the FotM FG than SFV's ongoing mediocrity.

And the graphics for this game are indeed whack. 

I tend to only buy FGs I know I'm going to play and really dig into so I don't play many outside of SamSho and MK these days. With that said, if I were playing my PS4 much I'd probably pick up Tekken 7 because while I've tried to get into Tekken several times over the past 10 or so years, every time I see a T7 tourney it looks hype as fuck. 

I checked out a video of KE and I don't think the graphics are wack. They look kind of like UNIST to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by DoctaMario
1 minute ago, DoctaMario said:

I tend to only buy FGs I know I'm going to play and really dig into so I don't play many outside of SamSho and MK these days. 

I checked out a video of KE and I don't think the graphics are wack. They look kind of like UNIST to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I initially sort of felt that way but having the game in front of me and actually playing it made me like it a lot less pretty quickly. 

And yeah I learned really quickly to stop buying so much random shit I thought looked neat. Though at the same time I mostly enjoy the community aspect so I'm happy enough to grab games knowing that I'll play them periodically with folks. 

1 hour ago, GetTheTables said:

I initially sort of felt that way but having the game in front of me and actually playing it made me like it a lot less pretty quickly. 

And yeah I learned really quickly to stop buying so much random shit I thought looked neat. Though at the same time I mostly enjoy the community aspect so I'm happy enough to grab games knowing that I'll play them periodically with folks. 

I would say I spend more time playing on Fightcade than anywhere else these days if I'm playing FGs at all. It's easier to find random games on there which is usually what I go for. 

11 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I would say I spend more time playing on Fightcade than anywhere else these days if I'm playing FGs at all. It's easier to find random games on there which is usually what I go for. 

Yeah I should get FC set up at some point. @Dayaan put together a "FC set up for dummies" package on SRK that I grabbed before everything went to shit. Thanks, hoarding instincts.

9 minutes ago, misterBee said:

What is this package?

I can make one.

Not sure. TBH I just saved what he provided along with the instructions.

Supposedly following all that will get FC2 set up with 3rd Strike but for all I know @Dayaancould have filled it with malware that floods my desktop with pictures of dicks (jokes on him though, can't fit any more dicks on there).

Just now, GetTheTables said:

Supposedly following all that will get FC2 set up with 3rd Strike but for all I know @Dayaancould have filled it with malware that floods my desktop with pictures of dicks (jokes on him though, can't fit any more dicks on there).

Latest release of FC2 comes with a proper installer and everything.

There shouldn't be anything you need to set up aside from getting the actual ROM files.  PM me for help with that.

1 hour ago, GetTheTables said:

You're correct. My guide has 3S and all optimal settings associated built in. Enjoy!