Stage Select

The Return of.. Terribly Unpopular Opinions.

15 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

Popeyes Chicken sandwich is not worth the hype. 
Its kinda mediocre actually.  

It’s good for a fast food sandwich. But yeah no food I’ve ever had would live up to the hype that sandwich had. 

I think what happened is that it was better than expected and Popeyes themself just didn’t have enough, so the shortage made people think it was out of this world. 

2 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

Does Chick fil A still serve milkshakes?

They aren't available on delivery apps at least in my area.

Their lemonade milkshake is the only thing I’ve had from there I’ve genuinely enjoyed 

Edited by iStu X

I dont think that is unpopular.  I'm basically the same and I know lots of other folks that are like that.

What seems popular and is showing up in just about every game is crafting.  I do not like crafting in games.  That shit is boring as all fuck. 

P.S.  I may have already posted about my dislike of crafting...

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
4 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

I dont think that is unpopular.  I'm basically the same and I know lots of other folks that are like that.

What seems popular and is showing up in just about every game is crafting.  I do not like crafting in games.  That shit is boring as all fuck. 

P.S.  I may have already posted about my dislike of crafting...

Yeah, I suppose that's more common on a site like this, given a large % of us were kids/teens in the 90's and are here due to a niche genre that's more gameplay focused. But among other friends I grew up with that still game, I'm the only one who's regularly playing that kind of stuff. The other guys either don't have the patience anymore and mostly play easy mainstream games, bro games, or mmo type games.

15 minutes ago, JHDK said:

No chip death from specials, is for smelly, hairy pussies and spoiled 5 year olds.

Unpopular?

Probably unpopular yeah, since devs seems to be moving away from it and people are ok with that. It’s not something you see people yelling for because it’s a scrubby thing to request I think but they aren’t really pushing against either, which is telling imo.

It’s the same people who hate zoning. 

7 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Probably unpopular yeah, since devs seems to be moving away from it and people are ok with that. It’s not something you see people yelling for because it’s a scrubby thing to request I think but they aren’t really pushing against either, which is telling imo.

Anyone who hates zoning, hates Street Fighter.

Their opinion is invalid, and needs to be chucked into a dumpster fire.

Dumpster fires within dumpster fires.

38 minutes ago, JHDK said:

Anyone who hates zoning, hates Street Fighter.

Their opinion is invalid, and needs to be chucked into a dumpster fire.

Dumpster fires within dumpster fires.

As much as I disagree with their stance there opinion is valid to the devs since that group is a large portion of the base buying your game.

Lots of gamers hate anything in PvP that slows down the pace of a game or restricts them by punishing their mistakes. You see it in everything from FGs to shooters. 

8 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Also:

The people not pushing against the elimination of chip death, whom are accepting of it, are the new fags, and don't count.

If hardly anyone is pushing against it, that is far more telling of the death of the genre, imo.

Because if that is the case, then everyone who actually liked playing 2D Fighters has moved on.

17 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

As much as I disagree with their stance there opinion is valid to the devs since that group is a large portion of the base buying your game.

Lots of gamers hate anything in PvP that slows down the pace of a game or restricts them by punishing their mistakes. You see it in everything from FGs to shooters. 

I addressed this, almost immediately, in that last reply, lol.

Same wavelength.

👍

The devs are invalid to the genre.

Basically, if the devs are going to cater to the new fags' whining, in order to chase the dollars clutched in their babyhands alongside their fish-scale pearls, which, being corporations, of course they will, then the genre is already Latin.

Edited by JHDK
16 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

It was even more broken, busted and goofy as fuck then Marvel 2 or 3. that opinion confuses the fuck outta me hahaha. 

LOL, I can accept that confusion. I tend to ignore broken mechanics/tier lists in more recent times and see where the chips fall in random select. In the earlier days though, I've always had a hilarious view of "the better the unbalance, the greater the depth" for me. Times have changed. XD

Edited by Emptyeyes
17 minutes ago, Emptyeyes said:

LOL, I can accept that confusion. I tend to ignore broken mechanics/tier lists in more recent times and see where the chips fall in random select. In the earlier days though, I've always had a hilarious view of "the better the unbalance, the greater the depth" for me. Times have changed. XD

You liking it more wasnt what confused me. It was you saying its "More refined and complete." 

Like enjoy busted broken shit all you want but that description of Marvel 1 barely makes sense lol. 

Marvel 1 was “Play Strider. That’s it. That’s the tech” . His worst match up was against Wolverine but it was a matter of “who can rush down who first”. And usually players had Wolverine as their second. So it didn’t particularly matter. 

War-Machine and Chun-Li were aight but nothing compared to Strider and Wolverine 

Edited by iStu X
4 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

You liking it more wasnt what confused me. It was you saying its "More refined and complete." 

Like enjoy busted broken shit all you want but that description of Marvel 1 barely makes sense lol. 

Maybe I'm goofy like that. It just felt better to me. More refreshing in atmosphere and the overall feel in gameplay. I can't understand it myself LOL. 

8 minutes ago, JHDK said:

Barring an exceptional Remaster posing as a Remake, there is literally nothing compelling on offer, 6 months in.

Returnal has my interest.

But yeah, with the exception of DeSo and Outriders, I'm not really playing any next gen games yet. And I wouldn't qualify Outriders as "next gen" with the buggy launch.

I do, however, REALLY enjoy Destiny at 60 fps and an expanded fov. It's a completely new experience coming from PS4 Pro.  Playing Miles with 60 fps is pretty sweet, too. 

46 minutes ago, JHDK said:

Barring an exceptional Remaster posing as a Remake

That is literally a remake...like the deffinition of one. I wasnt terribly interested either cuz ive played Demons to death, dont need it right away again, but man...thats deffinitly a remake. I really need people to stop conflating remasters and remakes, its so.,...awful lmao.  

11 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

That is literally a remake...like the deffinition of one. I wasnt terribly interested either cuz ive played Demons to death, dont need it right away again, but man...thats deffinitly a remake. I really need people to stop conflating remasters and remakes, its so.,...awful lmao.  

A remake is a completely reworked game.

A remaster is a fresh coat of paint with minimal changes.

1 minute ago, JHDK said:

A remaster is a fresh coat of paint with minimal changes.

Yea and Demons on PS4 has a number of changes from the orignial including 8 way rolling (this is fucking huge from a gameplay standpoint) as well as new gear and a blue coin fetch quest for said gear. It matches up with your definition of a remake more or less. 

7 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Yea and Demons on PS4 has a number of changes from the orignial including 8 way rolling (this is fucking huge from a gameplay standpoint) as well as new gear and a blue coin fetch quest for said gear. It matches up with your definition of a remake more or less. 

I'd posit FF4 on the 3DS as more of a Remake than that, and probably as my bare minimum for said standard.

Diablo 2 Resurrected is a Remaster, to me.

So is Diablo 3 on PS4, despite the control changes.

DeSo always had rather forgiving rolls anyway.

It makes it a lot less awkward, to be sure.

But so does not having to use the Wii U as a remote to effectively run certain SM3DW stages.

Edited by JHDK
Korean Autie-Collect is a cunt.

I mean FF4 on 3DS is also deffinitly a remake lol. But i hear you. While DeS is a remake (imo i guess) I also dont think it had enough new content to justify a console purchase. 

For clarities sake, my deffinition of a remake is new code. Its brand new code from ground up so remake. 

Edited by RSG3
14 hours ago, JHDK said:

A remaster is a fresh coat of paint with minimal changes

A remake is new code, someone went in and redo the game. Like Super Mario All Stars is a remake of the NES Super Mario library. 

A Remaster isn't just a fresh coat of paint, it's a overhaul of a existing work. 

10 hours ago, Chadouken said:

See, I like to play Smash with modifiers and all kinds of chaos going on 😂

Not arguing that it's not fun playing with those fighting game settings, but I like the LOLs with a bunch of friends playing better.

I do too, but it's not really like a fighting game then. I'm just saying, if you play it with fighting game style settings, it's actually pretty fun and holds up. It's just that the smash community doesn't play it that way, although I think it would be interesting to see people hosting tournaments where it was played fighting game style. 

Edited by DoctaMario

haha, yeah other games in the fighting genre aren't giving us things like Mewtwo, and Sephiroth beating up Pikachu...or Luigi beating up Princess Peach... or Link fighting Kirby! 😆  This has always been the main appeal of the game for me...the craziness of that roster....and in Ultimate, the # of characters involved is insane.

More from being a picky eater--- horseradish.  olives.... sprinkles on ice cream....also---souerkraut = nah, that's trash, imo.

Also-- there's some foods I like, but I don't want them "infecting" other foods... like spinach.  I prefer to keep that separate from almost everything else.  It goes well with pasta stuff so that's ok...but that's it, imo.

Edited by MillionX
4 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

It's just that the smash community doesn't play it that way, although I think it would be interesting to see people hosting tournaments where it was played fighting game style. 

What does EVO do for Smash? They got any rules and shit?

43 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

What does EVO do for Smash? They got any rules and shit?

Not sure 100% if Evo follows this, but this is the typical Smash Bros rule for tourneys.

Ruleset: 3 Stock
Time Limit: 6-8 minutes
All items are turned off.
Stage Hazard Toggle: Off
Final Smash Meter: Off
Mii Fighters and their respective custom moves are allowed. If they do use custom moves, it will be shown in their name with what number move it is.
Similar to previous Smash titles, if time runs out, the winner is first determined by how many stocks remain, and then by the percentage after time is up.
If both stock and percentage are the same, or a game ends in both players losing their last stock at the same time, then a tiebreaker is played, which consists of a 1 stock and 3 minute match with the same characters and the same stage.

Pretty lame if you ask me, but it looks like they only want players to knock out players.
The whole "it's not fair, it's a stage hazard that knocked me out not the other player" BS.

Most "pro" Smash players have that Scrub mindset.

Edited by DarkSakul

I'm intrigued....I'd be inclined to try it at least...to see if the apple taste is enough to redeem it.  My grandfather ate sauerkraut quite often...I vaguely remember even the smell was disgusting to me.  Now that I'm thinking of it... there was quite a lot he liked that I found repulsive... like sardines.  Grandfather ate those on a regular basis too...it was yet another food that would cause me to leave the room whenever he was eating that.