Stage Select

The Return of.. Terribly Unpopular Opinions.

On 5/2/2021 at 1:52 PM, iStu X said:

I never understand everyone’s love with chik fil-a. I’ve had their food a hand full of times and thought it was disgusting. 

Add that to their recent price increase and they aren't bout a damn thing. I can make a fried chicken sandwich in less time than it takes to get one from there.

On 5/7/2021 at 6:22 PM, JHDK said:

The PS5 gen release was the biggest nothing burger of all gens.

Barring an exceptional Remaster posing as a Remake, there is literally nothing compelling on offer, 6 months in.

It makes the system scarcity outcry all the more farcical.

Gonna have to agree here. Playing Miles has been fun, but there has been nothing compelling about the console thus far to warrant the scarcity. 

On 5/8/2021 at 11:04 PM, DoctaMario said:

Smash Ultimate is a pretty damn fun fighting game if you play it like one. 

Stamina Battle 

2 stocks

10 min timer

Flat stage

No Items

Ultimate Smash meter

My bro and I were having a blast with it earlier today. 

My brothers and I play a similar way, but we do 3 stocks and a few select items on. This just makes things more fun. 

14 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Because it's fun. Also I can't think of another game where I could play as Simon Belmont and fight people 1v1 other than Castlevania Judgement but that's a different type of game too. 

Exactly.  I am all for some of the matchups in the game. 

My hot take for the day - Low or no fat foods (especially milk or yogurt) should not exist. 

6 hours ago, MillionX said:

I'm intrigued....I'd be inclined to try it at least...to see if the apple taste is enough to redeem it.  My grandfather ate sauerkraut quite often...I vaguely remember even the smell was disgusting to me.  Now that I'm thinking of it... there was quite a lot he liked that I found repulsive... like sardines.  Grandfather ate those on a regular basis too...it was yet another food that would cause me to leave the room whenever he was eating that.

Even as someone who likes it, kraut does smell awful.  Have you had a reuben? My wife isn't a kraut fan, but even she likes the flavor combination of a good reuben. Hell, I don't like thousand island dressing (or russian dressing) either, but on a reuben, it's great. 

nah, the combo of sauerkraut and Russian dressing is immediately off-putting to me.

Gaming on a phone--- even with how advanced phones have become... this is still a turn-off for me....a game could look like something potentially great, but when I find out it's only on phones and tablets, right away it gets the "....oh." reaction for me. 👎  Diablo Immortal is the latest example  of this.... if they put that shit on a "real system" then I'd definitely get into it.

*Tablets are a bit closer to being acceptable to me though...since they naturally can have a much bigger screen, at least.... but gaming on a phone?  Nah get out of here with that. *Maybe* I could picture myself playing something super-simple on it, like an older Pacman game but that's about it. (*but even that example is already pointless, as I'd just keep thinking---"Pacman games can be played on 'real systems' already....so why play this on a phone?")

Edited by MillionX

I agree, mobile/phone games aren't appealing to me. 

I seen very few mobile games get it right

And it's still has to be a careful curated and tailored experience to work with phones and tablets. 

Like Pokémon Go and the Steven Universe RPGs are the examples how you do a mobile game. And even those do not grab me for long. 

5 hours ago, Chadouken said:

That mobile Mario Run game was fun for a couple minutes.

Yeah for all the levels that WEREN'T hidden behind a paywall. My brother said you could unlock more levels through some more extensive playthroughs but by then I had already lost interest.

Same goes with that....Final Fantasy mobile game (I think it was Brave Exvius)

I said my piece, and I am leaving it at that.

Ignoring the 3D stuff, worst 2D Metroid game was Fusion.

Also I fucking hate Metroid: Samus Returns for the 3DS. 
They ruined a perfectly good Metroid II Remake with a whole bunch of bull shit. 

Edited by DarkSakul
1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Worst thing about Samus Returns is that it's on the 3DS. 

I'm slowly coming to the conclusion I don't like that hand held. It's too bulky and unwieldy to be a good portable, but no other display options means your stuck with it. 

I bought a big ass grip for my 3ds xl (which was purchased primarily for Samus Returns) to be able to enjoy the game. The thing is terribly uncomfortable otherwise. 

25 minutes ago, Camacho said:

I bought a big ass grip for my 3ds xl (which was purchased primarily for Samus Returns) to be able to enjoy the game. The thing is terribly uncomfortable otherwise. 

I did the same. My hands kept getting cramped as fucking playing that thing without it.

Wish they'd port Samus Returns to Switch. I'd love to play it on my TV. Great game.

Yea I want to get a grip, but all the 3Ds grips are huge ugly ads things. I should just bite the bullet tho. I have a ton of 3DS games I've never finished. I bought them hoping this wouod be the one to make ke love my 3DS but no dice. 

Kinda been this way for me ever since the DS line started honestly. 

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

I bought them hoping this wouod be the one to make ke love my 3DS but no dice. 

My favorite games for 3DS were SM3DL, Between Worlds, and Samus Returns. Go figure, all three Nintendo games 😂

I liked Shinobi, Bravely Default, and MK7, too.

Edited by Chadouken
5 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

I said my piece, and I am leaving it at that.

Ignoring the 3D stuff, worst 2D Metroid game was Fusion.

Also I fucking hate Metroid: Samus Returns for the 3DS. 
They ruined a perfectly good Metroid II Remake with a whole bunch of bull shit. 

Glad I downloaded that fan remake before the cease and desist, gonna get to it eventually 

And Fusion once of my favorites, but I get it. A bit too linear for some. Personally, I enjoyed it, especially the segments where SA-X was hunting you. They somehow nailed horror in a 2D game

2 hours ago, Chadouken said:

My favorite games for 3DS were SM3DL, Between Worlds, and Samus Returns. Go figure, all three Nintendo games 😂

I liked Shinobi, Bravely Default, and MK7, too.

My favorite 3DS games were:

Fire Emblem Awakenings (So.Much.Grind.)

Fire Emblem Echoes

Dragon Quest 8 Remastermake

Ocarina Remake (never played the O.G.)

Between Worlds (ALttP is still >>>>>>>>)

Xenoblade (N3DS only)

SM3DL (the precursor to the GOAT)

Everything Etrian Odyssey (art aside)

Persona Q1 (picked best team, 1st try)

Kid Icarus Uprising (N3DS only - 2nd nub)

Fantasy Life (sue me)

UNPOPULAR OPINION INCOMING:

Not being able to control Samus with the d-pad, made the 3DS remake of Samus utter shite.

I bought an O.G. Gameboy exclusively for the original Samus Returns (beat it too), for perspective.

EDIT:

No Metroidvania for the 3DS was a Goddamned motherfucking travesty.

Edited by JHDK

I liked Samus Returns quite a bit. I too, would have rather controlled movement with the d-pad, but that would have wrecked the precision aiming. Other than that, the only 3ds games I played were Between Worlds, Shinobi, Starfox 64 remake, Majora's Mask Remake, Mario 3d world, NBSMB 2, some VC titles, and a couple indies (CotM and Shovel Knight, both of which were double dips).  There were a couple of 3ds games I was interested in that were ported before I bought one too (RE Revelations and Mirror of Fate, the latter of which isn't particularly good).  It's good for playing DS games too, as my DS doesn't like to read some carts anymore, and the screen is much smaller. 

The grip was worth it, I have no intention of taking the thing out in public anyways. 

8 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Maybe it’s not, idk. It just always smelled like vinegar to me

Ooooh gotcha. Yeah, it's really acidic, so it has a vinegary smell. 

Sauerkraut is a naturally fermented food, so all the bacteria you need to make it is already on the cabbage. Lightly wash some cabbage, toss in some salt to keep any nasty stuff from growing, cover and wait a week or two. 

Kimchi and pickles are  made in a really similar way.

Vinegar is also fermented, but it makes its acid by germs eating booze and pooping it out. That's why there are different types of vinegar: it's tied to the type of booze it was made from. 

I know you probably don't give a single shit bout all this, which is totally fair, so here's a gif of a chonky boy as a consolation 🙏

big cat absolute unit GIF

Edited by KingTubb
1 hour ago, KingTubb said:

Who puts vinegar in sauerkraut? 

Sauerkraut, vinegar, kimchi, pickles, kombucha and such are all made the same way, though fermentation. 

Like what KingTubb said.

Yogurt and Cheese is also made by fermentation. 

Fermentation is one of the ways how people used to make food last for a while before refrigeration. 

1 hour ago, iStu X said:

It just always smelled like vinegar to me

You supposed to drain Sauerkraut before you cook/prepare it some people also rinse it slightly.
I usually squeeze the kraut by hand till I get almost no fluid left, then pan fry it with some oil, maybe some smoked meat along with it (turkey or pork). 

1 hour ago, KingTubb said:

Ooooh gotcha. Yeah, it's really acidic, so it has a vinegary smell. 

Sauerkraut is a naturally fermented food, so all the bacteria you need to make it is already on the cabbage. Lightly wash some cabbage, toss in some salt to keep any nasty stuff from growing, cover and wait a week or two. 

Kimchi and pickles are  made in a really similar way.

Vinegar is also fermented, but it makes its acid by germs eating booze and pooping it out. That's why there are different types of vinegar: it's tied to the type of booze it was made from. 

I know you probably don't give a single shit bout all this, which is totally fair, so here's a gif of a chonky boy as a consolation 🙏

big cat absolute unit GIF

Naw. It’s a cool thing I didn’t know. 

they’re all still disgusting though. Lol

The real hero of Silent Hill 2 is actually Pyramid Head. He's the judge, jury, and executioner of the game and is there to remind James that killing people doesn't come free. Now, whether PH is real or just a figment of James' imagination (i.e. his guilty conscience come to life) is a question, but, for every body James piles up, there's another PH chasing him down to remind him of it. 

God that game has the most incredible story. 

Edited by DoctaMario
1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

All of them starting with Origins.

I didn't think 0rigins was too bad. It wasn't as good as the previous ones and I've never played any of the ones after that except Book Of Shadows so I don't really have much to compare it to, but it felt enough like the older ones that it fit in even if it wasn't quite as good. I think 4 gets an unnecessarily bad rap too.

Edited by DoctaMario

Despite the general "wisdom" (🤮)  that Bryan Adams is cheesy, he's a brilliant songwriter and the dude has an incredible voice. I know a lot of people listen to his early to mid 90s stuff when he got trapped into doing more power ballad stuff but even those are really excellent songs. 

I feel the same way about Prince. If you don't like him, you can just leave. Through the window. 

9 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Nah, it's that cheeseball song on the Robin Hood soundtrack. Everything I Do I Do it For You.

Oh, I am very well aware.

I was merely rejoinder-ing with the titular lyrics from an earlier...  "work" of his.

What a waste of Rebecca De Mornay and Curry.

Edited by JHDK