Stage Select

The Return of.. Terribly Unpopular Opinions.

59 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Nah, it's that cheeseball song on the Robin Hood soundtrack. Everything I Do I Do it For You.

That song was number 1 back when that mattered for an absurd amount of time. It was easily one of the biggest hits that year and got pretty overexposed I guess. Production and popularity aside, it's a pretty great pop song. If you heard some guy at a local club play that song just him and an acoustic and didn't know it was what it was, it would probably blow you away. 

Edited by DoctaMario
52 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Bruh, that song is like the biggest mom rock anthem. 

Yeah because it's popular and overproduced. But like I said, if that same song was being played by an unknown artist, they'd probably get signed with the quickness, especially if they could sing it as well as he could. Before he became the king of power ballads, Bryan Adams could rock.

12 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I like Summer of '69. He's not a bad musician- man can sing and play and write a good song. But my mom couldn't stop playing that Robin Hood song when I was growing up and I fucking hated it 😂

Ahhhh there it is 😂 I definitely like his rock stuff more than his ballads, but those ballads are what made him even bigger I guess.

Re Prince: Ive always been a fan of his music but I never really go out of my way to listen to it really. 

the main thing I love about Prince is how hard he fought for other musicians when it came to rights of ownership for their songs/albums. He was fiercely against studios owning what musicians worked so hard on to create. Tom Petty was very much the same. They totally changed the game 

Edited by iStu X
12 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Dracula Chronicles X is a better game than Rondo of Blood. I also like the design of the characters better compared to Rondo.

I'd definitely give it the W on the complete Dracula fight, if nothing else.  Your character design observation is pretty on point as well, though I still think Richter looks a bit weird vs his default anime look in the original.  

15 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Dracula Chronicles X is a better game than Rondo of Blood. I also like the design of the characters better compared to Rondo.

I love both but DXC just barely edges Rondo out as my favorite. They're both pretty different from each other so there's that; it's definitely worth playing both of them because of that. 

All told, I'm a sucker for 2.5d games like it and Ultimate Ghosts & Goblins. 

31 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I love both but DXC just barely edges Rondo out as my favorite. They're both pretty different from each other so there's that; it's definitely worth playing both of them because of that. 

All told, I'm a sucker for 2.5d games like it and Ultimate Ghosts & Goblins. 

I think Rondo edges out DXC in terms of smoothness. The movement in DXC is stiffer than Rondo. Shame that game never got a port. It should have been added to Castlevania collection with all the other classic Vanias.

46 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I think Rondo edges out DXC in terms of smoothness. The movement in DXC is stiffer than Rondo. Shame that game never got a port. It should have been added to Castlevania collection with all the other classic Vanias.

Yeah I'll agree Rondo is smoother, but DXC probably would be better in that department if it were 60fps. It looks superb when you upscale it in PPSSPP, I'd  love to see it at 60fps too.

On 5/20/2021 at 6:10 PM, Chadouken said:

I like Summer of '69. He's not a bad musician- man can sing and play and write a good song. But my mom couldn't stop playing that Robin Hood song when I was growing up and I fucking hated it 😂

A similar case can be made for Aerosmith and that fuckin Armageddon song that was played to death

2 minutes ago, Lantis said:

A similar case can be made for Aerosmith and that fuckin Armageddon song that was played to death

The one that goes "I'm crying, 'cause I'm crazy, it's amazing"

Or the don't want to close my eyes?

I used to love Aerosmith growing up. Get a Grip was the last album I got from them though, because that's when it started to turn to shit.

I still rock their older stuff.

I like Rondo better then DCX. Its a far smoother and well paced experience imo. I also like 2.5D but i really hate how DCX sapped all of Rondos color out of it when making it. Castlevania games are colorful as fuck generally, and Rondo is a fantastic example of that, while DCX just Sepia tones 90% of the game. Its awful imo. I also hate the final Drac fight. It sucks imo. Not fun. Other then the stiffer movement and sapped color tho I like basically everything else. Its a great game and i agree with Mario, everyone should play both.

9 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I like Rondo better then DCX. Its a far smoother and well paced experience imo. I also like 2.5D but i really hate how DCX sapped all of Rondos color out of it when making it. Castlevania games are colorful as fuck generally, and Rondo is a fantastic example of that, while DCX just Sepia tones 90% of the game. Its awful imo. I also hate the final Drac fight. It sucks imo. Not fun. Other then the stiffer movement and sapped color tho I like basically everything else. Its a great game and i agree with Mario, everyone should play both.

That muted color pallet is almost reminiscent of CV4, now that you mention it. 

16 minutes ago, Camacho said:

That muted color pallet is almost reminiscent of CV4, now that you mention it. 

It is now that you mention it...and i find CV4 pretty over rated for a CV game lmao. Has more to do with design and balance then color pallet there tho heh. Id also still argue CV4 is more colorful then CVX...That could arguably be because CVX looks pretty muddy on a PSP. Running it through PPSSPP could change my opinion on that.

13 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Camacho beat me to it, but  some of the CV games have more muted, darker palettes. CV4 is the main one, but also Simon's Quest, even SotN compared to some of the subsequent games. DXC is a more "serious" counterpart to Rondo's anime-ness and somewhat jokey atmosphere so the saturated and colorful pallette makes sense, whereas the grittier muted colors of DXC do too. 

What didn't you like about the Dracula fight? 

I won't buy another console until they finally start producing ones with controllers that don't drift faster than grape gum loses its flavor.

It isn't like DS2s and GameCube controllers are ancient alien artifacts.

It's merely shitty, cheap, highly flawed design, predicated upon rapine greed.

On 5/25/2021 at 6:36 AM, DoctaMario said:

What didn't you like about the Dracula fight? 

Its a dumb difficulty spike at the last moment of an otherwise reletively well tuned game. He hits too hard and isn't very fun fight because of it. Also drags the last boss fight out too long. I also want to say I remember that if toy die to.him you have to do the previous fights again which is tedious, but I may be remembering wrong. Been a while. Anyway just feels like obnoxious padding to me, doesn't really fit with the rest of the game and just doesn't need to be there imo. 

And yea I know why they muted the colors. It was still a bad decision imo. The game lost a ton of its visual character and flair by going a more serious and realistic visual route. Looks kind of dull and generic now. Imo anyway. 

2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Its a dumb difficulty spike at the last moment of an otherwise reletively well tuned game. He hits too hard and isn't very fun fight because of it. Also drags the last boss fight out too long. I also want to say I remember that if toy die to.him you have to do the previous fights again which is tedious, but I may be remembering wrong. Been a while. Anyway just feels like obnoxious padding to me, doesn't really fit with the rest of the game and just doesn't need to be there imo. 

And yea I know why they muted the colors. It was still a bad decision imo. The game lost a ton of its visual character and flair by going a more serious and realistic visual route. Looks kind of dull and generic now. Imo anyway. 

I liked the addition of his last form, although I feel like it could have been more monstrous. It's one of those fight where if you know where to be and when it's actually pretty easy and his patterns are pretty predictable for the most part. I played the hell out of DXC and did a lot of Boss Rush stuff so I learned a lot of the boss patterns pretty well so that might just be me. 

Just now, DoctaMario said:

I liked the addition of his last form, although I feel like it could have been more monstrous. It's one of those fight where if you know where to be and when it's actually pretty easy and his patterns are pretty predictable for the most part. I played the hell out of DXC and did a lot of Boss Rush stuff so I learned a lot of the boss patterns pretty well so that might just be me. 

Yea he can certainly be beat without taking any damage, im not saying he cant. Im just saying he isnt a fun phase for me, and i dont enjoy it enough to learn it that well. 

8 hours ago, KingTubb said:

I feel this way about anyone who's really evangelical about whatever they care about. 

Like my mom is on that keto shit. Cool, mom, i get it, sugar is literally Satan, now please shut the fuck up so I can enjoy my unholy communion in peace. 

I think Jim Gaffigan said it best:

"I haven't had a banana in a month...but you don't see me bragging about it"

37 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

The N64 is a terrible console 

yeah... there was almost nothing appealing about it for me.  I probably mentioned this earlier in the thread, but if it weren't for the Virtual Boy, I'd consider N64 to be Nintendo's worst, most unappealing system of all time.  In the entire lifespan of the console, there was only about 2 or 3 games that interested me (Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, and Smash Bros.).....out of a whole console life cycle that's a pitiful number.

Call of Duty--- this franchise has turned me off now more than ever, due to the ridiculous file size on the latest one I've heard about....unless something is my absolute #1 dream game of all time... there is no way I'll buy something that takes up most or ALL of my hdd space....one game taking up that much space....nah man, fuck that.  ..and imagine how much time it takes to install that bullshyte.  (*a friend's son has that as of recently; I may ask him out of curiosity how long it took to install the game) The very idea disgusts me.

50 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

For the most part, I don't like instructional videos. I'd prefer to read a write up of how to do something and get right to the information rather than have to sit through a verbose intro to the information I want. Reading allows you to go at your own pace. 

I just fast forward through the intro. It's like skipping that intro paragraph on the written directions thanking you for buying their crap. 

Edited by RSG3

Other food stuff people love that I hate....there's a lot since I'm a picky eater...

Sushi, 

Sardines

Tunafish - people in my family love sardines and tunafish a lot.. and it's downright repulsive to me.  Mom or auntee, or grandpa would make a tunafish sandwich for themselves... that's my cue to leave the room immediately every time.  

...well, it's a bit obvious by now that most seafood just isn't my kinda thing.

haha it would've been fun to get into some religious "terrible opinions" but I realize that's a bit frowned on here and most internet forums, for understandable reasons....it's always a juicy can-o-worms, that topic. 😆

*ah, another one, probably--- I think it's a shame that the very mention of the "Ancient Aliens" show probably prompts most people to do an instant eye-roll like "oh no...you're one of THOSE people...?".... I think it's an interesting theory at the very least.  I'm always fascinated by the idea of what we might see if someone were to invent a time machine, and go back thousands of years to see what was really going on in the ancient times of early mankind.  It's also interesting to me that there's a possibility of some lost period of time where humans were considerably more advanced than what we previously thought....and some great disaster happened that "reset" everything.

7 hours ago, MillionX said:

*ah, another one, probably--- I think it's a shame that the very mention of the "Ancient Aliens" show probably prompts most people to do an instant eye-roll like "oh no...you're one of THOSE people...?".... I think it's an interesting theory at the very least.  I'm always fascinated by the idea of what we might see if someone were to invent a time machine, and go back thousands of years to see what was really going on in the ancient times of early mankind.  It's also interesting to me that there's a possibility of some lost period of time where humans were considerably more advanced than what we previously thought....and some great disaster happened that "reset" everything.

It's because alot of people can't fathom that ancient non-white people had build the Wonders of the Ancient World, many which survived millennia with only the means they have available at the time.  

5 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

Aren't the pyramids built on the backs of mostly slaves?

Current thinking is probably not.

> In 1990, tombs belonging to the pyramid workers were discovered alongside the pyramids,

> with an additional burial site found nearby in 2009. Although not mummified, they had been

> buried in mudbrick tombs with beer and bread to support them in the afterlife. The tombs'

> proximity to the pyramids and the manner of burial supports the theory that they were paid

> laborers who took great pride in their work and were not slaves, as was previously thought.

27 minutes ago, IcyBlackDeep said:

Current thinking is probably not.

> In 1990, tombs belonging to the pyramid workers were discovered alongside the pyramids,

> with an additional burial site found nearby in 2009. Although not mummified, they had been

> buried in mudbrick tombs with beer and bread to support them in the afterlife. The tombs'

> proximity to the pyramids and the manner of burial supports the theory that they were paid

> laborers who took great pride in their work and were not slaves, as was previously thought.

Myths of oppression, belittle actual slaves.

Religion is psychological warfare after all.

Edited by JHDK

Also:

Memorial Day.

The day we commemorate those misguided unfortunate souls whol died for sales.

Capitalism profited off of their deaths... and still profits off of their deaths.

Nationalistic symbolism is as insidiously false, as any religious dogma.

People looking for public affirmation and back patting by repeating whatever the "good/woke opinion" of Twitter is for the day make me want to puke. They are generally losers of (nearly) the worst sort desperately craving attention through admission into an amorphous blob reeking of body odor, cat pee, and patchouli that idiotic marketing departments and pollsters mistake for the public at large.