Stage Select

The Return of.. Terribly Unpopular Opinions.

Speaking of guimmick posters, Who was the srk poster that ended all his posts with a third person quote about what he posted, comparing it to nonsensical stuff. 

Was Dr. B? 

Edit, i think the poster "spoke"  in dr.b quotes. 

Iirc, it was a dare from the premium days and he decided to roll with it all the time, 😂

Edited by Hecatom
21 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Don't just leave us hanging with that, you gotta say more than just "insanity isn't always insanity."

I am referring to geniuses who are considered "insane". The smarter you are, the "crazier" you appear, but in reality,  you are more sane due to being smarter. Smart people are often misunderstood or simply not understood at all. A smart person's "crazy" ideas are often beyond the comprehension of the average person. The average person will usually think that the smart person's ideas are stupid, that is only because the average person is not intelligent enough to understand the smarter person ideas. It is nonsense to them because they cannot make sense of it. 

11 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Speaking of guimmick posters, Who was the srk poster that ended all his posts with a third person quote about what he posted, comparing it to nonsensical stuff. 

Was Dr. B? 

Iirc, it was a dare from the premium days and he decided to roll with it all the time, 😂

It was Specs. He had to do it for an entire year due to him losing a FT10 against someone else on the forum. 

Edited by iStu X
16 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Was Dr. B? 

I see his posts on Reddit from time to time; dude is a walking hot take machine. 

7 hours ago, Camacho said:

Dawn of Dreams is the best Onimusha game. I played the first 3 a bunch  (especially 2), but the extra gaminess and rpg elements really added a ton of meat to the series.  I still can't believe the game landed with such a thud- if anything, I'd say it was a bit ahead of the times.

You are the only person I've ever seen say this. I like Dawn of Dreams a good deal to, I think it's "hate" is rather unwarranted. 

With that said the needs to have everyone leveled up for the final gauntlet/boss sprint is kind of annoying and legit killed my first run at the game which was kiionda frustrating. There is arguably too many characters. 

haha, Brie Larson gets quite a bit of flack and it gets to the point where people rag on her looks too....but honestly, I don't think she's half bad, actually.  Sure, she's nowhere near a 10 or even a 9 but she's in the "alright" category and yeah, I'd hit.  She could go up a couple of points if she had booty 😆

Far Cry <--I've never really seen the appeal of this franchise.  The only interesting thing about the new one is the casting of that dude that was "Julian" from School Daze, and also that character on Breaking Bad (I never watched all of that so I primarily know of him as Julian aka "Dwayne, Big Brother Almighty!".)  A lot of that series just seems generic to me.  Blood Dragon was the only one that I liked.

43 minutes ago, Camacho said:

Yeah, the first one you play is probably going to be the one you enjoy the most. FC4 was my first.

Yea and 3 was my first and the "best" of them imo because the whole experience was crazy fresh. Then 4 was just 4 but in the mointains and it was cool but it didnt hit me like 3 did

9 hours ago, Camacho said:

As someone who likes souls games, it's about time that everyone give the "retrieve your bloodstain" mechanic a rest. While it does add some stakes death, it also usually means you'll end up grinding to the next level to bank your xp, which is annoying and boring.

I can see both sides of this. When I get my bloodstain I think it's ok, when I don't, it's a shitty mechanic 😂 

Still, I think it's good they at least give you a chance to retrieve your souls/echoes rather than them just end up gone because you got a little too careless. 

The Star Wars expanded Universe is garbage as a whole as it full of contradictions and logical fallacies.
Take individual stories or the occasional book trilogy as standalone, there some gems but the vast majority of it is over-priced paid for fanfiction. 

And they weren't really "canon" anyways, as per George Lucas' own canon rules (books can and will be overwritten at any time by higher level "canon"). 

8 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I can see both sides of this. When I get my bloodstain I think it's ok, when I don't, it's a shitty mechanic 😂 

Still, I think it's good they at least give you a chance to retrieve your souls/echoes rather than them just end up gone because you got a little too careless. 

Yeah, but there's also the long lost thought of a save point, where what you lose on death is only what you've gained since then. I'd probably use more consumable items if there wasn't the thought of "wasting them" on a run where you die anyways. I guess the upside is that games with this mechanic generally let you keep any items picked up between the bonfire/whatever and your prior death.

sheeeittt, I miss the pre-Souls era where a character's "stamina" wasn't an issue.  The remake of Kingdoms of Amalur reminded me of how fun the combat in a good action-RPG could be in those days....never having to worry about a recharge on stamina.  The only other one outside of games from Demons Souls onward I recall is of course Elder Scrolls/Skyrim, where you have to worry about it there too...but in everything else, our characters never got "tired", and it was a great thing...you could spam attacks for days and be as flashy as you want in combat with reckless abandon. (*it's been so long since I played Skyrim... I kinda forgot what happens... I think you could still do light attacks but no heavy, major stuff...and you couldn't run if stamina was depleted.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2021 at 6:14 AM, MillionX said:

haha, Brie Larson gets quite a bit of flack and it gets to the point where people rag on her looks too....but honestly, I don't think she's half bad, actually.  Sure, she's nowhere near a 10 or even a 9 but she's in the "alright" category and yeah, I'd hit.  She could go up a couple of points if she had booty 😆

Brie's not a bad looking woman. I remember people having a different opinion on her looks after 21 Jump Street. Personality aside, you have to dock some serious points for Hank Hill ass. We know how Marvel leans and they still got her a butt double. That said, not sure why people can't separate aesthetics from personality 🤔

21 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Video game stories are almost universally bad. 

Writing in Video games aren't the same as Books, TV Shows, Movies, Stage, ect. 
The actual performance is done by the consumer of the media, not the creators, the creators only create the composition of the game.
And this isn't just the story, this is art, graphics, sounds, music, Engine, game play, ect. 

The rules apply differently to Video games

Problems with the Music 

Writing with in Video games

Edited by DarkSakul
42 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

The actual performance is done by the consumer of the media, not the creators, the creators only create the composition of the game

So it's my fault that most video games can't tell a story well? 

Damn, DarkSakul just handed me a mirror and told me I'm worthless...😔

Real talk, the second video highlights how the writing and narrative structure in video games typically underutilize the interactive nature and are using the methods you would for film and TV.

BUT the third video shows that you can largely use those methods, and if used well an engaging story can still be told. TLoU tells a ton of it's story in cutscenes and walk and talks. There are great moments of interactive character building and narrative that happens in TLoU, but in general, and real ability to impact your environment is taken away from the character when the game wants to tell you something. 

Most games don't utilize the medium and the game's mechanics, and then fall flat on their face when it comes to executing a story with film and movie techniques for writing.  

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Brie's not a bad looking woman. I remember people having a different opinion on her looks after 21 Jump Street. Personality aside, you have to dock some serious points for Hank Hill ass. We know how Marvel leans and they still got her a butt double. That said, not sure why people can't separate aesthetics from personality 🤔

Yeah this is an odd thing to me... when people are so entrenched in whatever their political or ideological view is...they let that cloud their judgement on a person's looks as well for some reason....which leads to some silly shit, like some dudes claiming a woman like Tomi Lahren has hit the wall or looks bad already, etc. (she's 29, btw...in the pics and vids I've seen, that girl is HOT.)... I'm sure they'd say the same kind of shit about the rest of the long list of super-hot ass girls that have appeared as on-air talent on FoxNews. (quick note---I noticed recently they still have the legend Julie Banderas on there!)    haha I'll bet there's a lot of dudes out there that would claim Stacy Dash "ain't all that" simply because in their mind she's a "coon" 🤣  That shit is silly, imo....ok yeah those guys can pass on that smokin hot ass if they want... I'll pounce without question.

...and that reminds me of such a terribly annoying thing about my "tribe", so to speak... such annoyingly close-minded muthafuckas... the first second you say anything that's even slightly out of step with the Great Hivemind then you they're going to call you a "coon" at some point....since an individual thought process and opposing points of view...those things are apparently frowned upon and heavily discouraged. 

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, MillionX said:

Yeah this is an odd thing to me... when people are so entrenched in whatever their political or ideological view is...they let that cloud their judgement on a person's looks as well for some reason....which leads to some silly shit, like some dudes claiming a woman like Tomi Lahren has hit the wall or looks bad already, etc. (she's 29, btw...in the pics and vids I've seen, that girl is HOT.)... I'm sure they'd say the same kind of shit about the rest of the long list of super-hot ass girls that have appeared as on-air talent on FoxNews. (quick note---I noticed recently they still have the legend Julie Banderas on there!)    haha I'll bet there's a lot of dudes out there that would claim Stacy Dash "ain't all that" simply because in their mind she's a "coon" 🤣  That shit is silly, imo....ok yeah those guys can pass on that smokin hot ass if they want... I'll pounce without question.

So I just googled those 3 names because I had no idea who they were or what they looked like. 

Stacy Dash is good looking but the other two ain’t nothing special. Like not ugly or anything but just not a blip on my radar.

Brie Larson is aight. Good looking but I wouldn’t drink her bath water or anything.

2 hours ago, KingTubb said:

So it's my fault that most video games can't tell a story well? 

No, its a limitation of the media the creators have to take into consideration. 
It's also why I toss in that video about game music. The music composer can't depend on that normal timing for a piece, they can't force the player to press start with in the time of the music. Hence we get looping tracks that cut in/out at odd points. And very few games takes the players input for how each song track is player. 
Like how when you hop on a Yoshi in Super Mario world, the song track gains a extra instrument. 

In Story telling its always better to Show not Tell, don't give us huge exposition dumps via on screen dialog text or cut scenes, give us something in game play that tells the story. Cut scenes should be there to enhance what is there instead of giving us the story. Make the game play what tells the story, and not something that you have to complete to get to the next exposition dump. So in that case the story is part of the players performance, and not just blocks of text, or Cut scenes or  the like. 

6 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

In Story telling its always better to Show not Tell

This is a fallacy, there are many times telling is better then showing, or even exposition dumping can be better. The first 8 minutes of Fellowship of the Ring is an exposition dump of nothing but telling with little actual showing but its absolutely the right move to get that story going and moving forward. Even then the movie, and especially the books spend a great deal of time telling you about things instead of showing them.

Thats my unpopular Opinion for today.

23 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Spicy food at normals levels is great. 

Food that is nothing but spice so hot that you only eat it for bragging rights is stupid. 

My friend is absolute fiend for spicy foods. One year for his birthday he asked his mom to make the spiciest thing she could think of. So she made him a curry so spicy it gave him nose bleeds for almost an entire  day. 

when he told my friends and I this I was like “bro, wtf, that’s not good. What if you had died?” 

he just looks at me and says “at least I would die knowing my mother loved me” 

Edited by iStu X
3 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

People willing to forego friendships and family relationships over political opinions are broken. It's possible to have relationships with people you disagree with, and you don't have to talk about everything with everybody. 

And I am one of those people. I told people I do not want them in my life before over their political opinions. 
Certain shit I don't bide by, and if they going to be a rotten individual that they can leave. 

Definitely. I have some ppl I know that loved Trump even tho I thought he was racist, but I'd hate to lose a good friend over it so I learned to deal.

I feel the same way when it comes to vaccinations or lack of vaccinations, not gonna stop being your friend if you make a different choice than I, as long as we keep that 6ft distance and continue washing yo fuckin hands, you good with me 😂

It does get difficult when you have friends and family that are on a downright dangerous path. 

I get it if you're against vaccine mandates (sorta... shit like that has been around in lots of ways for the better part of a century) but if that sends you into a rabbit hole and you end up a Q follower, I'm gonna say your potentially dangerous and a threat to democracy. 

But I haven't cut anyone off yet. I'd be scared that my mother in law would do something crazy, but she's a fat 65 year old that walks with a cane. She doesn't have the mobility to energy to do any real damage