Stage Select

The Return of.. Terribly Unpopular Opinions.

2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I don't shit on Samus Returns itself, o have gripes like the ending, but in general thought they did a good job. As good as one could ask for with a first attempt dry run. 

Now playing it on my 3DSXL on the other hand...Ive got some fucking words for that one. The 3DS itself kinda fails Samus Returns. Games fine but the hardware is hand cramp inducing trying to hold those shoulder buttons and do all the other shit the game asks on something less then half an inch wide while holding it. Fucking annoying. I wish the 3DSXL had a grip that wasn't some ugly rubber piece of shit. 

The grip I bought (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013JDH8J0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) is pretty good, but yeah, I was irritated that I had to buy something just to be able to play the game comfortably for more than a few minutes. 

My biggest gripe with Samus Returns as I talked about in the Metroid thread is the how needlessly complex the controls are. They forced the use of the touch screen in that game when it didn't need it. We didn't need to touch screen to switch missiles, power bombs, and the goddamn ice beam (the fact it doesn't stack with the other beams will forever piss me off). Super missiles are always better off as neither an upgrade to regular missiles or a charge combo. It being it's own thing makes no functional sense. Power bombs should be it's own button.

Edited by Hawkingbird
7 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

My biggest gripe with Samus Returns as I talked about in the Metroid thread is the how needlessly complex the controls are. They forced the use of the touch screen in that game when it didn't need it. We didn't need to touch screen to switch missiles, power bombs, and the goddamn ice beam (the fact it doesn't stack with the other beams will forever piss me off). Super missiles are always better off as neither an upgrade to regular missiles or a charge combo. It being it's own thing makes no functional sense. Power bombs should be it's own button.

Those are valid criticisms. You also recently played the game yourself (a pretty good while after the AM2R C&D stink) and formed your own opinion. 

Edited by Camacho
On 10/10/2021 at 7:35 AM, DangerousJ said:

White people should not wear dreadlocks.

Especially with white people lacking the hair texture to achieve dreadlocks it, to get their hair to go into dreadlocks they just stop washing their hair period. 
It's disgusting, and if you chop a white person's dredlock off 9 times out of ten you find mold growing inside the locks. 

There a hygienic way to do it, but it's needlessly complex and ridiculous regiment you have to follow to the letter. Key part is have to rinse your hair in hot rose water, and dry completely. It also means never touching shampoo. 

55 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Especially with white people lacking the hair texture to achieve dreadlocks it, to get their hair to go into dreadlocks they just stop washing their hair period. 
It's disgusting, and if you chop a white person's dredlock off 9 times out of ten you find mold growing inside the locks. 

Or just buy locking wax. This is mostly bullshit these days. You're over complicating how to take care of them to. 

Edited by RSG3

When you have dreads you're encouraged to wash them, especially with stuff like tea tree shampoos you just make sure not to use conditioners or stuff with extra oils, just make sure to thoroughly dry them. Also you don't just stop washing your hair and obtain dreads, I mean it is something you can do but back combing sections of hair creates them too and is pretty much instant. Also the Greeks and Vikings had them. If you don't like em on white people meh it's whatever but saying they can't have a hairstyle is twitter levels of fucking stupid.

Yeah most are likely fake.  It's more believable when you're seeing a person's reaction on a live-stream as whatever event is happening in real time.  It also surprises me that anyone believed those prank videos on youtube when that was a trend.  Funny thing is that there was a dude that ended up in the news for being shot and killed here... for doing some "prank" videos where he was pretending to rob people in a parking lot, something like that....haha he didn't get the memo that you have to fake that sort of thing...learned the hard way that in real life that's a good way to get yourself beat up or shot.

14 hours ago, Camacho said:

Reaction videos are even more braindead than reality shows. Reaction to reaction videos are the equivalent of eating vomit. Unboxing videos, or at least ones where unboxing is the whole purpose, aren't far behind.

I feel this way about most content creators things like reactions, let’s plays, unboxing, etc. 

I just don’t fucking care and I can’t understand why people do. They get uncomfortably attached to these personalities 

Edited by iStu X

Let's plays for me are just like talking to you guys but they are playing at the same time. I generally find people who talk about the game they are playing or the genre or games in general and the like. Lots of people are annoying but some of them are cool. 

It's no different to me then reading you guys random ramblings about random shit. Why should I care? I dunno, but I do. Does it really matter?

Edited by RSG3
On 10/12/2021 at 7:26 PM, Vhozite said:

I love that scene as a huge Vader fan, but it was also nice to see a villain as scary and competent. Coming back around to the topic, I really wish more movies would do stuff like that. 

Perfect good guys win endings every time takes away from a lot of stories for me.

That's why Game of Thrones got so popular. You never knew who was going to win. Good guys got bodied horribly on the regular.

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah they finally stopped putting those stupid Gameranx "Before You Buy" videos in my recommended. I hated the stupid ass thumbnail and refused to watch their videos because of it.

I haven't even seen those ones, but plenty of other things YT recommends me has people making those dumbass faces, all the way down to pocket knives.

18 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Don't think anyone finds it offense. Just lazy and tired and of looking at it. 

Very cringeworthy is how I'd describe it. 

Next opinion: Clockwork >> Bloody Tears. Hell, most of CV3's tracks > Bloody Tears. BT gets spammed to death in CV2 to the point where I don't even want to hear the original version any more. The Rondo/DX version of BT kicks ass though, albeit still inferior to Clockwork. 

5 hours ago, iStu X said:

I feel this way about most content creators things like reactions, let’s plays, unboxing, etc. 

I just don’t fucking care and I can’t understand why people do. They get uncomfortably attached to these personalities 

I watch unboxing video of products that I'm interested in. If the product page of what I'm buying doesn't tell me what it comes with then I watch the unboxing video. 

I can't hate on "unboxing" videos because as a guy who makes quick shorts about opening MTG booster packs, it would be contradictory of me to say anything against it. They do indeed bring in views and have gotten me subscribers on YouTube so it works. I don't mind let's play videos because sometimes i reference something in the video and it helps to have a visual. 

7 hours ago, Camacho said:

Very cringeworthy is how I'd describe it. 

Next opinion: Clockwork >> Bloody Tears. Hell, most of CV3's tracks > Bloody Tears. BT gets spammed to death in CV2 to the point where I don't even want to hear the original version any more. The Rondo/DX version of BT kicks ass though, albeit still inferior to Clockwork. 

I'd be inclined to agree RE CV3 > CV2 OST but only because I've played 2 so much that I've heard those songs a kabillion times apiece. CV3 has a pretty tasty OST though, with that Tower Of Terror theme being one of my favorites, and tracks like Demon Seed and Clockwork being not too far behind. 

On 10/20/2021 at 6:11 PM, Camacho said:

Reaction videos are even more braindead than reality shows. Reaction to reaction videos are the equivalent of eating vomit. Unboxing videos, or at least ones where unboxing is the whole purpose, aren't far behind.

I want to cosign on hating reaction videos, but I at least understand unboxing videos because so often companies charge premium prices for collector items and usually send a subpar product.

Edited by J-ride
6 hours ago, J-ride said:

I want to cosign on hating reaction videos, but I at least understand unboxing videos because so often companies charge premium prices for collector items and usually send a subpar product.

A couple of unboxing videos did save me a lot of money. I was actually gonna buy the collectors edition of Marvel vs Capcom Infinite for the Infinity stones but knowing they looked like eggs and couldn't be removed I backed out.

I have watched an unboxing or two for that reason... to see how the product in question actually looks...also to get a glimpse of what the box for the Switch OLED looks like to generally know if I see it at a glance in a store in the near future.

-As a kid growing up in that grand era of horror slasher films being the new hot thing... at least for me, Jason was a lot cooler than Michael.  I'll admit this *might* be because I saw the Friday the 13th films first.  Jason is an odd case though, because his look differs from one film to the next.  My favorite Jason "style" I'd say is the one from part 4, 6, and 7.

-Batman--- I prefer Batman being a lone wolf hero.  The "dynamic duo" of him and Robin, and the later extended "Bat family" never appealed that much to me.  The occasional team-up/crossover kinda story is ok, but he should be the type that works ideally alone...or at least no one outside of Alfred, of course.

...and I mentioned it before, most likely, but Batman is also one of the only heroes I'll give a pass for not having powers.  Normally, I prefer my superheroes to actually be clearly superhuman in at least 1 way.  Batman is the exception to the rule there for me.  Most other "regular people" heroes I just look at as kinda lame.... obviously gimped in comparison to real deal shit like Superman, Spawn, any of the mutants from Marvel, etc.

I've always preferred Jason because he seems to come across as more sympathetic/charismatic in his interactions, not as one-track as Michael Myers (although they did try to give him that "human side" with his niece interactions in the original sequels). Also loved how they went along with Jason's undead persona as every sequel displayed him as being more decomposed.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

19-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-special-col

The left is what was advertised. The right is what you get.

I had 2 of these preordered when it was 1st announced, one to sell and one to keep. Soon as I seen that unboxing, I cancelled both of them cuz NOBODY was gonna want this shit at ANY point in time lmao. What an absolute shitshow this whole game was.

1 hour ago, KimuraLOX said:

I had 2 of these preordered when it was 1st announced, one to sell and one to keep. Soon as I seen that unboxing, I cancelled both of them cuz NOBODY was gonna want this shit at ANY point in time lmao. What an absolute shitshow this whole game was.

Still want them Infinity Stones? I got you fam 

More infinity stones than the TVA