Stage Select

The Return of.. Terribly Unpopular Opinions.

17 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Word. I won't waste my time with it then. I saw that Jamie Lee Curtis was in it and so I wasn't sure if it was good or not. I don't really know anything about it.

It's a sequel to the 2018 Halloween reboot. It begins immediately after the ending the first movie. The plot is that the town has had enough of Michael's murder spree and decide to form a mob to take him out. 

The idea is great but the movie executes it poorly. A lot of the run time is spend on characters talking about what happened in the original film and the last movie. People hunting for Michael do the dumbest shit and end up getting themselves killed because of it. I don't even want to get started on all the shit Michael survives 

29 minutes ago, Lantis said:

A case could be made for his first movie but the sequel? Nah bro, you wack

I enjoyed how trippy the sequel was. I imagine it would be a fun movie to watch when high.

23 minutes ago, Abbachio said:

The first Zob Rombie Halloween is a fine remake but adding to Michael only hurts his character, and just like the sequels it misses the point. I still like H4 and 5 though.

I didn't think that humanizing Michael hurt him. I liked that approach better other than Michael can tank dumb amounts of damage because he's evil. That's hokey not scary.  

• 4 months later...

Oh yeah, the unpopular board over at reddit had inspired me recently...

• A few stretchmarks are sexy, imo....same deal for a *little* bit of cellulite.
  • The character designs in One Piece are still trash.  Every other popular anime/manga is far above it in terms of having reasonably good character designs, imo.
  • Gasoline smells great! I've loved it since I was a little kid.
  • I also like the smell of tobacco, though I have no interest in being a smoker (*or consuming tobacco in any other way; seems like a disgusting habit, imo)
  • Sagging pants looks stupid.  It's a real shame that this fashion seemed to originate from my generation; Gen-X.  Later generations just took it even further and now have their entire ass/underwear hanging out for everyone to see.
  • It doesn't make much sense in having so much pride in ethnic background, imo...since that is not something you have control over.  You just happened to be born as a black/white/asian/hispanic/etc. person because of who your parents are....so it's not an actual achievement, like getting an advanced degree or earning promotions at work, or doing well in school, etc.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I tried it a few weeks ago, actually... uncooked cookie dough... just because I've heard several people going on about how oddly enough they like that almost as good as the actual fully baked form... and I enjoyed it.  I prefer the real deal though; a freshly baked batch of cookies... white macadamia last time... that had the kitchen smelling great, of course.

Immortality---this continues to be the major thing that I disagree with most people in the world on, from what I see.... I'll take the deal without question.  I was just daydreaming once again about how cool it would be to still be here for whatever happens a few thousands of years from now.... like imagine what kind of celebration there is for when we hit the year 10,000. (or when it hits 9,000 AD since then you can say we're in the "100th century!" now)...assuming the human race hasn't gone extinct by that point, of course.  It would fascinate me to no end to see whatever happens from here until the true end times, whether that's 300 years from now or 30,000 years from now, or millions of years later and beyond.  Of course, it would be preferable to have other supernatural powers backing this up....being invincible and having the ability to fly super-fast and teleport would be nice for the distant future when Earth no longer exists.

Edited by MillionX
19 hours ago, MillionX said:

I prefer the real deal though; a freshly baked batch of cookies... white macadamia last time... that had the kitchen smelling great, of course.

White macadamia nut cookies are god like. I love making them but hate buying the ingredients for them since macadamia nuts are so expensive. $10 a 8oz is brutal. ;-;

Edited by iStu X

Predictions:

Console gaming has maybe 1 or 2 more generations left. 

Before going Sony and MS next Console will be a joint venture.

Nintendo will make a Switch upgrade "maybe 4k support" if they are smart, perhaps maybe 1 more console after that if they are lucky. Before going the way of Sega and be a purely software developer. 

Oh another one that a lot of folks from my generation might disagree with--- despite the flaws of this modern era of gaming, I still prefer the way things are currently as opposed to the 8-bit or even the 16-bit era.  For one thing, there's way more variety out there; way more games.  In the 8-bit era it was really just NES and Master System....and there was no mainstream games giving us the kind of content we'd see today... like the insane, over the top gore-fest from things like Mortal Kombat and Gears of War, or games where you are definitely the bad guy, like Postal and Hatred.... to crazy shit like the Saint's Row franchise.  Towards the end of the 2010s era we'd get one of the greatest portables of all time with the Switch in 2017, followed up by the Steam Deck now in 2022... of course it wouldn't even be fair to compare the Gameboy of 1990 to these systems.  (**man, imagine if you had a time machine... and went back to show your 1980s self the Switch, the Vita or the Steam Deck.)

Race-swapping characters is still incredibly dumb, imo.  It's strange to me that this has ever been even up for debate either way...especially now in modern times.  I'm already prepared to laugh about how they will more than likely have a black woman play Jean Grey in the new-era of the X-men movies soon.  The only question is what other character will they swap, because I bet it's going to be more than just Jean.

*ah, a podcast I'm listening to just reminded me that there is a Twisted Metal series in the works... if the show involves Calypso, then we know what will happen there, since he's known as a redheaded white guy from what I remember 🤣  (**Casting call = "...actual redheaded white people need not apply.")

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, MillionX said:

Race-swapping characters is still incredibly dumb, imo.  It's strange to me that this has ever been even up for debate either way...especially now in modern times.  I'm already prepared to laugh about how they will more than likely have a black woman play Jean Grey in the new-era of the X-men movies soon.  The only question is what other character will they swap, because I bet it's going to be more than just Jean.

Beast and Iceman would be easy swaps. Rogue is mostly a redhead so she's a candidate too. 

Beast could be easily be a black dude. Kelsey Grammar was choice casting though. 

I could see Rogue being black because of southern heritage and stuff. 

Bobby Drake being black would honestly be fine. 

I get why race swapping can be bothersome but depending on how the adaptation goes about it I don’t particularly care

Edited by iStu X

For some reason, I have this  gut feeling either Xavier or Magnus will be blackened.   

Jean is the most well known white girl of X-Men. Despite the Darc Requiem hypothesis, I think she will remain Anglo Saxon.

I doubt Iceman will be blackened bc a lot of people want to see a white gay guy more than a minority gay guy.  (Sounds stupid but there seem to be more racist gays than one would think)

If Beast was blackened, some Twitter ho will cry racism because of his animal form.

Marvel Studios may pull some other diverse characters who aren't as traditionally seen as long term  team members like Sunfire, Thunderbird etc.

haha "blackened" is a funny way of putting it; I'll have to steal that...

I forgot about Iceman---that's a strong candidate too because of the gay thing, actually... since Hollywood (for obvious reasons, imo) also would rather prominently feature gay black men on screen as opposed to straight black men, so that's more "progressive points" they could score there.  Just like the White redheads... *Straight*, traditionally masculine Black men need not apply. (so---perhaps Billy Porter as Bishop then? haha)

Really, if I was a struggling actor trying to make it today... I'd lie and come out as "pansexual" or non-binary just to get more work... it would be hilarious to see that gameplan actually work too. (*the beauty of this strategy is that it still allows me to be seen publicly with whoever is the latest girlfriend.  I often wonder sometimes what famous people out there are outright lying about this shit just to stay relevant? 😆)  If I were a white guy with reddish hair, trying to make it as an actor----I'd definitely dye my hair since redheads aren't allowed on anything other than random tv commercials. (*Jessica Chastain being the only notable exception at the moment; and I guess Amy Adams but I haven't seen her in a while...and she's not getting any younger so it might be over for her; off to Lifetime/Oxygen holiday romcom movies, I guess.)... but yeah I have no shame.  I'd just lie lie lie like it's going out of style to get more roles and to keep my name out there....start off straight and then "come out" as non-binary later for maximum effect.  

We can go ahead and say goodbye to the regular Magneto because he's another strong candidate; they've already been trying to talk that up in the past year or so.  The fact that they are mutants basically preloads the easy solution to the problem of him being tied to a real historical event---just say some or all mutants age slower than normal humans, and there ya go.  They'd likely reference that tie to WW2 as an excuse for changing him-- "well, a guy from WW2 era would be too old by now soooo..." etc.  (*I'd prefer limiting that to "some".)

Edited by MillionX
45 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Marvel Studios may pull some other diverse characters who aren't as traditionally seen as long term  team

I’d rather see this. Have a modern day “Claremont” style roster where it’s very diverse in ethnicity, nationality and culture. 

Fox had the perfect opportunity to do it with New Mutants but we all saw how that went. 

hard to have a diverse roster of characters when the production team was racist af

Edited by iStu X

Not sure how these 'reaction' buttons work?  Should I thumbs down the mofos whose whack opinions I just cant get with?           spacer.png

Its probably been said but...Blue Cheese dressing is superior to ranch dressing as a food condiment.

Chicken wings are lame and overpriced...give me a thigh or a breast.

Sushi is nasty shit and I think people who didn't grow up eating it (most western folk) just eat that shit to seem...cultured.  Shit is so disgusting. 

P.S.  I ate sushi for years and pretended to like it cause my ex wife liked it.  f7fgXJD.png

edit - Thai food sucks

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
21 hours ago, RSG3 said:

You've been making that dead consoles prediction for like 10 years now dude. 

Writing is already on the wall (it been on the wall for a while), the line between PCs and Consoles are so blurred that the only thing making them separate is semantics (and some DRM). There already no point getting a Xbox S/X if you have a high end PC, Soon it be the same way with PS5. 

The Switch is getting in danger of getting trounced by a Hand Held PC the Steam Deck, and more impersonators are coming. 

I think actually the inverse. 

2 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

Writing is already on the wall (it been on the wall for a while), the line between PCs and Consoles are so blurred that the only thing making them separate is semantics (and some DRM). There already no point getting a Xbox S/X if you have a high end PC, Soon it be the same way with PS5. 

The Switch is getting in danger of getting trounced by a Hand Held PC the Steam Deck, and more impersonators are coming. 

Actually, I think the inverse. The fact that consoles are running so close to a PC just make it seem like the PC market will become more of a niche. 

2 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Then why is Sony making PC ports of PS4/PS5 games?

Because there is enough money today. Remember it was almost four years between GoW4 and the PC port. 

A console is a computer, just one with a single focus. I'm with you that the line is blurred, I just don't think that for the mass market, people really want to do the legwork to "build" the perfect system. They can get 80% of the desired result at 1/3 to 1/2 the cost going into Walmart on a Sunday.

But you can buy a pre-built PC that runs games just fine for nearly the same cost as a PS5.  How different do you think the prices of the next gen of consoles will be vs the price of a pre-built PC?  Then the whole thing with game streaming services which dont even require you to have a pc or game console.  Video game consoles are going to go the way of the dodo.  imo

29 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

Buying a pre-built always seemed like a lazy halfway move. Having said that, most pre-built give you a graphics card without being unreasonably priced. 

I have a prebuilt with an hella old graphics card by today's standards. Its has more than enough power to do anything I wanna. What it doesn't do is keep up with Game companies pushing graphics hard for shits and giggles and releasing a lot of unoptimized games.

That'll always be the convinience of a console. Not having to worry about any of that nonsense. Buy the game, put it in, downloaded 3 patches for 6 hours and they it works.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

releasing a lot of unoptimized games.

That just the devs being sloppy.

1 hour ago, Lantis said:

LOL you master racers always crack me up with your "consoles R D3d" ever since the turn of the century

Microsoft is already getting to abandon consoles for their "Ecosystem" of games as a service. 
No word what exactly Sony is up too, Nintendo is only going to hold out as long as the gimmick still draws people in.
As Nintendo can no longer keep up with the "lets make console from budget hardware just for games", it worked for the Game Boy, but it stopped working for their consoles for a while. Switch has a fun gimmick people are willing to buy into plus some killer apps at launch, BOTW is what sold the Switch at launch. 

3 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

No word what exactly Sony is up too, Nintendo is only going to hold out as long as the gimmick still draws people in.

As long as people keep having children, and those children like to play Mario and Pokemon and Zelda and Mario Kart on handheld hybrids, the gimmick will be around. I don't see Nintendo going the way of just developing software anytime soon.

Edited by Chadouken