Stage Select

The Return of.. Terribly Unpopular Opinions.

17 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Word. I won't waste my time with it then. I saw that Jamie Lee Curtis was in it and so I wasn't sure if it was good or not. I don't really know anything about it.

It's a sequel to the 2018 Halloween reboot. It begins immediately after the ending the first movie. The plot is that the town has had enough of Michael's murder spree and decide to form a mob to take him out. 

The idea is great but the movie executes it poorly. A lot of the run time is spend on characters talking about what happened in the original film and the last movie. People hunting for Michael do the dumbest shit and end up getting themselves killed because of it. I don't even want to get started on all the shit Michael survives 

29 minutes ago, Lantis said:

A case could be made for his first movie but the sequel? Nah bro, you wack

I enjoyed how trippy the sequel was. I imagine it would be a fun movie to watch when high.

23 minutes ago, Abbachio said:

The first Zob Rombie Halloween is a fine remake but adding to Michael only hurts his character, and just like the sequels it misses the point. I still like H4 and 5 though.

I didn't think that humanizing Michael hurt him. I liked that approach better other than Michael can tank dumb amounts of damage because he's evil. That's hokey not scary.