Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Back in my day we had to tick before throw!

23 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Alright here's a tough one for ya'll... You know how there's always classic stages that we want remade for the new game...

Which stages that are unique to SF5 would you like to be remade again?

Reveal hidden contents

New Zealand please! Especially at night

Bonus question - which costumes unique to SF5 would you like to see return on characters currently in the game?

Reveal hidden contents

Ken's SF5 outfit with his hair and face fixed!

Stage: Temple of Ascension (reminds me of Sekiro which is cool)

Costume: My mains aren't in SF6, but a possible sub could be Zangief, so I would probably choose his Gladiator outfit, so he can be a fitting teammate for my Marisa. 😊

Most of V's original stages are kinda crap. New Zealand at night is probably the safest choice. I think Brazil would be my pick, tho. That was a beautiful looking stage. 

As for costumes, Ken's SFV one for completion's sake. Guile's SFV main too, tho maybe with the sleves only rolled up to his elbows.

Blanka-chan is an obvious one 😂 and THE GIEF!

4 had some pretty nice stages, but it might not come trough because of the general engine they were using. Having no set stages for the characters didn't help either. V didn't either but you could tell they were coded to most of the cast. Put the 4 stages into sprite form and they'd be pretty great. 

Snowy Railway deserves a comeback. The Construction site too. If you count the X Tekken stages too, the Eclipse in Africa and Mad Gear Hideout are *chef's kiss*. 

From 5 I remembered the London stage. That was great too. 

But we all know, if classic stages are an option, they need the 2nd Impact ones. They would fit 6's aestethics perfectly! 

3 hours ago, Daemos said:

Is there any character you are looking forward to come back?

Makoto and Cody are the big ones (the fact that this game is taking place in Metro City and after SF3 and neither of them are in kills me), but G, Menat, Rose, and Gill are others I wouldn’t mind seeing.

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

I had a hard time even remembering some of 5’s stages and after looking, I only really liked the ‘Ring of’ and remade stages. I think Hillside Plaza could have a beautiful remake though. Also Temple of Ascension for Akuma. 

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

which costumes unique to SF5 would you like to see return on characters currently in the game?

I’m 90% sure that Blanka-Chan is already in the game. I would also like to see Honda’s story costume, Juri’s battle costume, Luke’s story costume, The Gief, and B-Boy Ryu.

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

Alright here's a tough one for ya'll... You know how there's always classic stages that we want remade for the new game...

I liked Metro City Bay Area and Hillside plaza...it would be cool if they remade Skies of Honor in a way that didn't make people upset/actually ill too lol

38 minutes ago, Shahenzan said:

I liked Metro City Bay Area and Hillside plaza...it would be cool if they remade Skies of Honor in a way that didn't make people upset/actually ill too lol

Instead of fighting on the wings make it inside the plane with windows in the background so you can see the scenery change? 🤷🏽‍♂️

SF4 Stages I liked Overpass, Morning Mist Bay and Snowy Rail Yard.  The SFV stages I like are mostly just from older games: the Honda bathhouse, Field of Fate and Castle stage all look really good.  Third Strike Yang and Ibuki's stages are S tier.  

Now that I think about it, I just like stages with not a lot going on in the background.  Something simple and scenic without distractions is the best imo.  

43 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Now that I think about it, I just like stages with not a lot going on in the background.  Something simple and scenic without distractions is the best imo.

I’m the same way and part of the reason I mostly stuck to The Grid early on in SFV was hating most of the stages. They really stepped it up with the non “Ring of”  DLC stages tho so credit where it’s due.

I don't mind "distractions" in the background. The Capcom Cup stages are all pretty good. But I really think what hurts modern day SF stages are the low quality background NPC's.

Like, you have this highly detailed models fighting and behind them these human-shaped ballons. Sure, in the sprite based games the NPC's were also lower quality than the actual characters, but they felt more at home, like people on a painting.

I think this is certainly a point that could be improved in the future. Just having some high quaility cardboard cut-outs might actually be preferable. 

Or at least have them be far in the background, not front and center where you can notice how bad they really look.

1 hour ago, HeavensCloud said:

I think I agree. In SFV I found a lot of the busier stages aggressively distracting. The Lair of the Four Kings was probably my least favorite because you had these robots and ninjas chasing each other across the stage like Scooby Doo, made Shadaloo feel more like an amusement park rather than an international crime syndicate.

I think my overall favorite stage was Temple of Ascension. Cool atmosphere, kinda ominous and had some cool stage music.

As soon as we got the option to choose char themes over stage themes (in Super?) I chose those, but some of the stage themes were pretty good, listening to a few now through nostalgia goggles: 

But now and again, we need to be reminded of:

Edited by JustBooming
On 5/5/2023 at 7:24 PM, misterBee said:

The game is a month out, so I've made a new thread for it.

This thread is for GAME DISCUSSION ONLY!

If you want to talk about non-SF6 stuff you are now required to use the Fighting Game Lounge thread:

Or you can go over to General Discussion.  There's a lounge thread in there too.

Don't hate me.  I don't make the rules...no...wait.  Yes I do.

The Grinch GIF

Makes sense and it's fair enough. No complaints from me.

With that said... Next Beta was announced. Let's see how y'all and this netcode hold up against a real Brazilian Ken

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, EvilCanadian said:

I have seen the light of Honda, Manon, Lily, and Marisa

how can I go back to these 8 losers

lol on god I had the REDACTED on my rig for a minute and I never bothered with it bc the characters don’t interest me at all. Literally every character I’m interested in isn’t in it lol

Im still gonna play it I guess I’ll try Ken or Chun

12 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

lol on god I had the REDACTED on my rig for a minute and I never bothered with it bc the characters don’t interest me at all. Literally every character I’m interested in isn’t in it lol

Im still gonna play it I guess I’ll try Ken or Chun

No word of a lie

every single non-beta character is infinitely more interesting than the beta characters.

10 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Open beta niiicce.  And I'm finally available to play this one.  Didn't get into the first one and the second one I got in but then had to travel and missed it (and I was pissed lol).  

Dude I’m in the middle of moving right now idek if I’ll have an internet connection at release lol. I booked my days off like 4-5 months ago.

Im hype but this could not be happening at a more inconvenient time 🤦🏽‍♂️ 

8 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

r/StreetFighter - Street Fighter 6 - All Character Types, Effective Ranges, & Usage Ease

Zangief Ease of Use: Hard 🤔

This seem weird to anyone else?  This character has never been hard to use and has always been about making good reads.   I'm wondering what we're missing.  

Zangief and Lily are both mislabeled.

Zangief should 100% be listed as easy, and Lily, who is a resource build and burn character with weird movement options should be listed as normal at least, not easy.

15 hours ago, Neclord said:

Digital or disc version? 🤔

Digital since I'm playing on PC

12 hours ago, Daemos said:

Is there any character you are looking forward to come back?

Alex, Remy, Necro, Q and Elena. I doubt I will get any of them.

9 hours ago, Daemos said:

Reveal hidden contents

New Zealand please! Especially at night

Bonus question - which costumes unique to SF5 would you like to see return on characters currently in the game?

Reveal hidden contents

Ken's SF5 outfit with his hair and face fixed!

I want to see the stages of New Generation/Second Impact come back. I know Ken's boat from that game appears in the pier in Metro City in World Tour. Here's hoping the back alley (Alex stage), the chinese restaurant (Yun and Yang) and Remy stage show up.  

10 hours ago, Daemos said:

Maybe Rashid plane one, but i'll be fine with anything new too for him, as long sell me arabian vibes (and Azam watching the fight if Rashid is in)

But as general thing i miss from SF2 days the idea each char get personal stage, so for now i will like see stages for these characters that are already in but seem to have no stage that fit them

KEN - give me the Eagle Company where's working in SF6, with Eagle cameo of course
Atmosphere may be bit like this SF4 stage, was cool

Spoiler

Since Street Fighter 5 is bringing classic stages back at a regular pace,  here are 8 stages I'm hoping to see come back

JURI - would be cool see a night street stage for her, maybe rave party with bunch of people wearing neon and shit.

Her motorcycle parked there if she's being selected, and  if she's not one of the two selected fighters have her sitting on it watching the fight laughing when somebody get fucked up lol (think SFV when she was having fun watching Cammy punching Decapre)
Atmosphere wise would love something that remind me Remy's stage but asian

Spoiler

Pixel Art Gallery — the2dstagesfg: “Remy's Stage” from Street Fighter...

HONDA- give him sumo ring, would be ok with a variation of this CPT one, but without the CPT bullshit

Spoiler

Mauro Cerati - Street Fighter V - Arcade Edition - Ring of Pride

ED- i know he's not out yet, but i definitely want NeoShadaloo place in Germany with heavy Fall-of-Berlin-Wall vibes, and all NS rejects and wierdos watching the fight