Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Capcom flashing people their MESSATSU in front of Ed

1 minute ago, -PVL93- said:

There's a tutorial in the game 

Yea but since I read on eventhubs that you can do a shortcut drive rush by pressing f+fparry I thought you had to do that after normals but I guess that's a shortcut for raw drive rushes, to cancel from normals into drive rush just dash after the normal. 

What do y'all usually do when a new fighting game  comes out? I've only played 3 but for those 3 I usually go into training for like 3 weeks before anything else, I try out characters, combos,etc. after I get comfy with the characters I choose I then go online in casuals. 

2 hours ago, delete_me said:

My day -21 prediction online tierlist:

Low rank nightmares: Marisa, Blanka, Honda

Mid rank nightmare: Gief

High rank nightmares: JP, Dhalsim

Ultimate omnipotent one-winged angel nightmare: Guile

Biggest army: Ryu, Ken

Most degen playerbase: Juri, Lily, Kim

Most refined playerbase: Manon, Cammy

Most wholesome playerbase: DeeJay

Edited by Vhozite
2 hours ago, Maravilla said:

What do y'all usually do when a new fighting game  comes out? I've only played 3 but for those 3 I usually go into training for like 3 weeks before anything else, I try out characters, combos,etc. after I get comfy with the characters I choose I then go online in casuals. 

1. Look at normal and special moves. Specifically what is and isn't punishable on block.

2. Come up with a (usually unoptimized) bnb.

3. Learn a light confirm.

4. Learn a low confirm.

5. Learn an overhead confirm (if even possible.)

I try to do this during a beta or day 1 of a game coming out.

Everything else I learn from playing people in person or online. I see what I lose to and go to training mode and try ideas to beat it.

Edited by elliephil
3 hours ago, Maravilla said:

1. Lab for a couple days/a week,

2. Fight a few matches with friends,

3. lab the things I need to patch up,

4. fight anyone

5. Repeat as necessary for every new character 

Edited by Vhozite
3 hours ago, Maravilla said:

First thing I do is go into the story/arcade mode and clear it with all the characters. I like to get a general feel of each character before I get serious with training. I like to watch YouTube for strategy and do a few bnbs in the trials before I go into casuals and eventually ranked once I'm comfortable with the characters and my opponent's strategies. The time I usually take to get to ranked may take a little longer because I wanna invest time into World Tour.

5 hours ago, Maravilla said:

I'll go straight to combo trials with the characters I'm interested in playing. After I'm done with that I'll head to training mode for a brief time to get acquainted with their normals, the ranges and hitboxes then hit online. 

6 hours ago, Maravilla said:

Usually pick a character I like go to training then arcade mode. Rinse and repeat until I vs.

in the case of SF6, will go to Arcade and finish the mode with every character then try to mine World Tour for more lore stuff.

Then we wait for AKI and hope for the best in S2. 😕

5 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

Manon has everything that is going to cause salt: command grabs, vacuum move into guessing games, unreactable midscreen slide.

The lightning fast low will be hated for sure but I'm not convinced she'll bee as annoying as she seems on paper. Those vacuum target combos are super close-range and need to be hit-confirmed because they're punishable on block, and the command grabs are relatively slow (you can even jump out of her super after the screen freeze).

Time will tell obviously, but between @EvilCanadian's video an Idom's analysis I think she might not be the menace people thought she'd be. Marisa and Gief look way more salt-inducing right now. 

Seems true, I compared her model from the first trailer with the current build. I don't know how to do gifs or I'd upload it, because this is a very important issue.

But yes, they're a tad thinner, though not as much as you'd expect from the two lower screenshots, where positioning and lighting make it appear more drastic than it is.

I wonder if they changed it because of some of the criticism around her idle pose during fights. 

6 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I'll go straight to combo trials with the characters I'm interested in playing. After I'm done with that I'll head to training mode for a brief time to get acquainted with their normals, the ranges and hitboxes then hit online. 

Damn you’re right his is definitely what I do first. Combo trials are my favorite “mode” too

5 hours ago, delete_me said:

Seems true, I compared her model from the first trailer with the current build. I don't know how to do gifs or I'd upload it, because this is a very important issue.

But yes, they're a tad thinner, though not as much as you'd expect from the two lower screenshots, where positioning and lighting make it appear more drastic than it is.

I wonder if they changed it because of some of the criticism around her idle pose during fights. 

The default costume idle stance looked bad tbh. I don't know how the new one looks like but I did like the cartoony element behind her thigh size, it's very SF. Hopefully they aren't too realistic now.

I played the  demo again.

I'm even more hyped for World Tour Mode now. 

There's just something about walking around and using your fists to communicate with everyone.

I can't think of a game where you can beat the shyt out of a dude and then ask him to make you a pepperoni pizza.

The music is also a vibe.

It's gonna be litty.

10 hours ago, Daemos said:

T5YSeWu.jpg

This real?

@CESTUS IIIThere's hope for Ryu's Classic pants!?

They're ever more willing to go fix waifus aesthetic, have no much hope they will fix Ryu shit pants... remember when in SFV they was more willing to pretend to roll with SFV Ken banana hair jokes (wich is free) rather than actually fixing that crap they did (wich cost money)

Plus feels like unlike Ken situation, wich was'nt fixed anyway, seems almost nobody noticed SF6 classic Ryu thing

@EvilCanadian

"No Bison, No Shadaloo"

Can't fucking believe you spreading this misinformation! Shadaloo is done sure but Shadaloo is not Bison. Bison is *confirmed* to still be present in the universe as a force of will and specter (think Sauron). Even in this form he is extremely powerful and this is coming directly from Capcom. Maybe do some homework before you talk about the canon.

Remember this day. when Bison returns in SF6, and your stupid gorilla will stay relegated to a permanent NPC.

edit-

And I hope the Thunderfoot tribe's water gets contaminated from evil industrial interests! Take that!

Edited by Daemos
20 minutes ago, Daemos said:

And I hope the Thunderfoot tribe's water gets contaminated from evil industrial interests! Take that!

Do you really want that smoke Daemos? Ken beat up T.Hawk in the Street Fighter 2 Animated Movie. A fight that T.Hawk wanted and EC has been after Ken's blood ever since. The whole tribe gets sick and you'll end up on the wrong end of this...

monkeys-dawn-of-the-planet-of-the-apes.g