Stage Select

Fashion Thread

Bottega Veneta's Pre-Fall 2024 collection makes me want to invest in more poplin white tops and black ties that actually fit me. anOnlyChild's Fall 2024 Ready-to-Wear lookbook also had great looks among womenswear that I really want to invest in. Ties and collared shirt are the new wave for me. I'm enjoying my focus on denim and denim construction, and I think straight and baggier fits look good on me provided that my top game looks excellent. I can't wait until I get to go out and buy formal wear without my father. He's very loving and tends to take over my formal wear purchases, so I can't wait to invest in formal apparel for casual purposes. Oldheads hate me but their wives love me. Bless.

Can't wait for fall. That's the one good things about Minnesota. Summer may be my favorite season to experience but it's the worst for fashion. It doesn't last, though, and since I'm spending my summer indoors, I don't have to contend with my own terrible fashion for the season. Soon I'll be rockin' sweet outfits again.

Christian Dior's Resort collection this year sucks. It had 2 looks I enjoyed. In contrast, Balenciaga did a better job in China. I even liked LaPointe's Resort collection, and I usually dislike showy, sexual collections. It was great overall, and it's unfortunate about Dior. I want to see better from them.

i really like this cole haan overcoat. the fact it has 2 buttons visible while the others are hidden under the flap.

it loks charming n cute imo.

8706118_fpx.tif?op_sharpen=1&wid=1200&fi

looks slick looks butta

tho, if i was the designer i woulda used amber brown buttons instead of black to make it pop more. without being garish or loud.

71wrTSA-vAL._AC_SY675_.jpg61yJB38fg2L._AC_SY675_.jpg61fCwVAmctL._AC_SY675_.jpg618CEyukguL._AC_SY675_.jpg

calvin klein jeans triple black model.

only released in europe. 

moschino logo sneaks also only released in europe.

incredible pairs. 

sadly. impossible for me to buy. better said unwillng.

had these 2 bad boys ready to checkout in my cart.

but shipping from europe to tates plus import tax. both pair came to 500and i said nope.

number of items deleted from your cart...2.

sighhh. me sad now. 

cuz  aintz spending no 1/2k on 2 sneaks. even if they are slick n sexy as fuck. damn damn damn. 

gotta hold that L. it hurts it hurts.

Animated GIF

23 minutes ago, VirginDefiler said:

its fnny how many name brands were unable unsuccessful in creating a icon image that reps their brand.

likee for ex how ralph lauren succeeded in creating a great brand iconic image of the polo image...but prada never managed to invent a image to rep prada.

What do you mean by an image? A reputation?

no what i meant is like how the nike swoosh, or the polo horse icon, rep the company and what the name brand is about. polo horse reps polo game which is the name of the company. nike swoosh symbol reps the wind which nike in greek mythology were like quick speedy messengers. if i remember right. 

dkny or prada. never came up with some icon symbol that reps the brand. where the iconic image reflects the name brand or the definition of the brand's name. 

sometimes the brand does produce an icon but the icon stinks. bad idea. for example karl lagerfeld insising on using either his cat with sunglasses n scarf. or a cartoon version of karl himself with high collar n sunglasses. 

prob with all that is. most average young folk have no idea how karl looks like. my gen knows how he looks like. but no one around 20 knows how he looks like. let alone his cat.

so its dumb to use his own or cat' image as the brand icon.

it just doesnt work 

Edited by VirginDefiler

i think im pretty done with shopping for clothes. i think ive got mostly everything i wanted. which was new stylish unique clothes.

its been years since i shopped for wardrobe stuff. but im done. except im prob gonna be buying a few swatch watches as accessories. 

anywho. my last final purchases 

6eb7bf3e-3cf1-4754-bd4e-0a626a0e0e91.jpg

guess sneakers. theyre def my weirdest sneaker pairs.

and a fila navy track jacket.

also has a monogram print. like the shoes.

LM33E575_400_02_e.jpg?sw=1334&sh=2000&sm

28 minutes ago, VirginDefiler said:

no what i meant is like how the nike swoosh, or the polo horse icon, rep the company and what the name brand is about. polo horse reps polo game which is the name of the company. nike swoosh symbol reps the wind which nike in greek mythology were like quick speedy messengers. if i remember right. 

dkny or prada. never came up with some icon symbol that reps the brand. where the iconic image reflects the name brand or the definition of the brand's name. 

DKNY uses just the letters in the house font and Prada has had the iconic upturned triangle for years!

i know dkny uses just the letters. but im sayin a icon image. not some hand written sig, or initials or monogram. i mean an image. and just cuz they have an image/icon doesnt mean its very good. 

for example the adidas original icon image of the 3 peacock feathers.

bd4a4948a3211dc407495f4f492d2596.jpg

i see the 3 horizontal strips that reps the company's sig well. but 3 peacock feathers?? that, as far as i know, has nothing to do with adidas as a name.

no relatio to the word.

adidas is named adter adi, the founder. unless his 1st name translates somehow to peacocks. i see no correlation.  

this newer icon.

adidas-logo-adidas-icon-free-free-vector

works better.

its much clearer to the buyer what it, the icon symbol reps.

it enters your brain better that youre dealing with the brand that always uses 3 stripes in the clothes the 3  lines gets the message across

its simpler, less confusing, more relatable to the brand.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

i know dkny uses just the letters. but im sayin a icon image. not some hand written sig, or initials or monogram. i mean an image. and just cuz they have an image/icon doesnt mean its very good. 

for example the adidas original icon image of the 3 peacock feathers.

bd4a4948a3211dc407495f4f492d2596.jpg

i see the 3 horizontal strips that reps the company's sig well. but 3 peacock feathers?? that, as far as i know, has nothing to do with adidas as a name.

no relatio to the word.

adidas is named adter adi, the founder. unless his 1st name translates somehow to peacocks. i see no correlation.  

this newer icon.

adidas-logo-adidas-icon-free-free-vector

works better.

its much clearer to the buyer what it, the icon symbol reps.

it enters your brain better that youre dealing with the brand that always uses 3 stripes in the clothes the 3  lines gets the message across

its simpler, less confusing, more relatable to the brand.

They actually aren't peacock feathers! It's inspired by florals, and is called the Trefoil. It has 3 foils in keeping with the Adidas brand image of having three stripes, and was made to go on apparel since the company branched out from making shoes at this point. Today, it sticks with the Originals line from Adidas.

The 3-bar logo is newer and was adapted a bit more ubiquitously in 1991. The removal of the "Equipment" under the Adidas wordmark turned it into the "Performance" logo and is now the official logo of the brand for most things, though they still use the Trefoil.

Personally I just think that this retroactive storytelling to justify having a worse logo in the '70s.

Source: https://www.adidas.com/us/blog/932571-adidas-logos-history-and-meaning

Edited by Dayaan