Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Avatar Thread

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952e6lly1ekvhm1c0jxz2

I reply here at this point, was going to do it on PM 😁

Thanks a lot!

For Laura i don't find her bad, maybe think may help smaller mouth and more joyful expression

Also taking SFV material as reference she have very "soft" facial features... she was a very tricky one btw, her look change lot based on angle and expression

Biggest trap is that you go in to do an hot as fuck brazilian hooker brawler grappler, so first istinct is to go for aggressive strong traits, but once you go look at actual SFV model her facial features are exxtremely delicate

if can help this was mine during beta (it's a while i dont update her, i'm waiting good items to call her done) wich i remember was done taking SFV shots as reference

Laura.gif

For what's worth was easily the female i struggled the most* to replicate for a bunch of reasons

Curious also to see if my theory that at some point the barber shop in Beat Square will be avaible for more haircuts styles will end up true, a closer look to her iconic SFV haircut would help a lot sell it

*maybe only Cannon Spike's Simone  and Rival School Tiffany made me curse as much, but total different puzzle, straight costume stuff there and i had to accep atm we simply lack the stuff i need to recreate them properly beyond physical model... meanwhile Laura was difficult to recreate even as simple physical appearance

PS: thanks for Decapre height stats 👍

Edited by CESTUS III
16 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@CESTUS IIIProof of concept. It worked out well enough that I think she's worthy of further refinement.

26PmhPz.jpg

That's nice, Elizabeth was good addition to KoF

If you have it i think the blue ribbon item would work well to enrich her costume

Another item (a free one) you can use is head maiden item, bought by Cammy's merchant

Ever like concepts that allow to use JP moveset (and on general all these master styles i rarely pick)

Currently i use it only with Poison and on a clown/jester OC i did, would like create a Rolento too, but i'm waiting Ed update wich hopefully should give us some military stuff

Later i'll show you the Decapre model i made with your stats 👍

PS: about Seth i have one, but is SF4 male version, made to be used with the dressed version of original concept

seth-dressed.png

Edited by CESTUS III
13 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@CESTUS IIIYeah looking at that costume art, I can already see the clothing options you'd use for Seth. The vest wouldn't be identical. I think you can get the pants, gloves, and shoes dead on.

On reality vest is'nt much a problem, what pissed me off is that i had the perfect boots (style and colour), but to make them match with only brown avaible for leather gloves i had to pick otherwise

sethsf6.jpg

here Decapre's model, will keep it just like that till i chose what to do with it

decapre-sf6.jpg

10 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@CESTUS IIILooks better than Tekken 8 Paul 👀

Thanks lol, was tricky find reference because indeed at times Paul change face lot chapter from chapter, so i had to pick

I've end up using the most Tekken 5 Paul as main reference

Another montage i made yesterday was one of the trickiest challenges i ever had with SF6 editor, had to use all possible tricks to get it done but final result ingame is awesome lol

BABY HEAD

de84bad606da24ad3a9eb5b500fd9d69.jpgDxhkje9XgAA68hs.jpg

(click for full size)

babycommando.jpg

Wish i had 1 more item to simulate better that unlike the CC original rest of the body is stuck inside the robot suit, but overall you almost never see the attachment point so it's ok, ingame it really feels head and suit are different separated things lol

4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@CESTUS IIIThat is godlike. I didn't think anything that creative was possible.

Thanks, chance of tranform  3d items that can be enlarged so much make easy do very extreme stuff, what i found most difficult is find placement that does'nt conflict with ingame animations/movements

Many times you have to work thinking in advance at the fight style stance the char is going to have, because work on standard standing pose does'nt prepare you to final ingame situation, some stances really deform your CC

@CESTUS IIIThis wasn't even my intention. It's a prototype. I'm going to drop the improvised bow tie and work on her face. I was actually making a look for one of my original characters and thought "That looks like something King would wear."

0zSd24r.jpg

W39m5E1.jpg

Side note: You've probably have figured this out already but just in case. It's best to create your characters outfit before the character model. Some times gear, the business wear,  is layered on thick. In King's case, I had to make her thinner than I'd like so her suit would look correctly. It's the same issue I had with Viper.

if is of help, for the bowtie i used a thick necklace + cat ears combination

It was very early creation, today i'll probably do it different... for what's worth we will get the bowtie item at some point, we know it exist already in SF6 thanks to Connor(?), the weird kid tournament organizer of Nayshall who wear one

Dudley.jpg

14 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Side note: You've probably have figured this out already but just in case. It's best to create your characters outfit before the character model. Some times gear, the business wear,  is layered on thick. In King's case, I had to make her thinner than I'd like so her suit would look correctly. It's the same issue I had with Viper.

Yeah about any fighter who wear lot of clothes need to be shaped while dressed, specially those speedy ones who are supposed to look lean and dynamic (but on general i apply this to every creation)

You end up with characters that look straight deformed while on "naked" standard editor mode, but you should not care as it's not how they will look once dressed and you're just compensating the fact Capcom while creating main cast have the advantage to chose how clothes should look in terms of volumes... we can't, so we compensate working on the body model

• 2 weeks later...

Messed around with the Avatar creator the other day, I just noticed that they increased the gear appearance slots. You've probably mentioned it before but I had to go back and recreate some of the looks I'd saved over when their was only 10 spaces. Goofing with easy mode stuff and was fiddling with a Juli avatar. Gave her a denim version of the leather look i went with for Decapre. I don't like the white leather gloves so I'm going to ditch them. Wanted a natural leather look but I couldn't get gloves and boots to match that I liked. Since I'm ditching the gloves, I may change the boots to brown.

KWN93x2.jpg

WP7jXTU.jpg

FVVvvGL.jpg

rgIQ58J.jpg

Made her slightly taller, increased her bust, reduced her posterior, made her a slight darker, and reduced her muscle tone in comparison to Decapre. I think I may do a Juni to complete the set.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@CESTUS IIII love it man. Violent Night come to life 🤣

Yeah, idea was mix it with 5 Legends big dude Santa Claus 😁

Too bad i could not give him the giant beard as conflict hard with xmas jacket

While at it, completely unrelated, yesterday also made the montage of my Demitri recreation

(click for full size)

demitri.jpg

demitri2.jpg

I kinda like it, had to imagine how redesign him a bit without betray too much original source... gone throug bunch of different versions before finally find one i prefer

Got a nice Morrigan model too, but i still have to go through whole redesign/items picks to give her justice

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@CESTUS IIIAt least Morrigan is known for swapping outfits. I think that gives you some additional leeway.

Yeah, guess i could pick one of these two to get job done, both are canon and relatively easy

Spoiler

morrigan-gem-change.gif

76bf5676b4321df440fed871b38fcd30.jpg?v=2

But for a stylistical reason i would like more to find a way to do something that link harder with her standard succubus look, kinda like i reworked Demitritrying to not end up too far from his classic design

Guess i will give a shot to try make up one, but if i see current pieces don't allow to do anything catchy will simply push her into future to do list

@Darc_Requiem

End up update my Demitri, previously i did  the full-red eyes version that can be seen in some artworks but in many others he got just pupil/iris red, so i gave a chance to that version and i saved it as i find it much more  expressive

Made his face much sharper too (and different skin color), like in some artworks

(click for full size)

Demitri-2-0.jpg

Than i also worked on give my Morrigan model a costume too... i've end up dodge try to impossibly replicate her typical costume and also dodged the super simple casual clothes human transformations, just went with a design that have some links with her traditional palette

Keept her eyes color as in very first incarnations, love it feels more unique than the green of more recent interpretations.

Overall i love her look, will probably update her costume with better clothes through time, but love the model give me the right vibes

(click for full size)

morrigan.jpg

morrigan-2.jpg

I also completed my Batsu as much i could do with current avaible options... will have to give him typical blue japanese school uniform as soon we get one

But overall  i think i nailed the physical look, has been interesting try to translate it to more realistic look without lose the anime RS feels

Make the armor under the jacket has been tricky af lol

(click for full size)

Batsu.jpg

Edited by CESTUS III
21 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@CESTUS IIIYou need an Eventhubs article fam. More people should see your work.

Thanks dude, let's see if when i will do the YT thing (IF i will do it lol😅) people will appreciate

Now i'm mostly fixing my previous character-recreations, now that im getting sharper technique and learning gimmicks very early works feel clunky

You did something new too?

4 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Thanks dude, let's see if when i will do the YT thing (IF i will do it lol😅) people will appreciate

Now i'm mostly fixing my previous character-recreations, now that im getting sharper technique and learning gimmicks very early works feel clunky

You did something new too?

I haven't done anything recently. I need to go into rehab for Baldur's Gate 3... 🙃

On 12/24/2023 at 7:08 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

I haven't done anything recently. I need to go into rehab for Baldur's Gate 3... 🙃

Ahah i got sucked into Fall Guys level editor

I'm at 80% done of an EPIC Santa themed one, but of course i took too long and will be ready just when will be no more needed 🤣

And of course this because i was busy completing a Dracula one that was too late to sneak into Halloween window, but wanted to complete it anyway

🤣🤣🤣

If was still student or in an uneployed period would have killed that shit like back in LBP days, but with full job, couple life, upcoming new home shit to follow and SF6 editor have huge priority FG never had a real chance, but still managed to suck some hours of sleep lol

Btw last update of 2023 (i'll be 3 days on alps for NYE) is kinda on boring technical side, but guess better than nothing lol

Bit of face rework on already existing ones using new tricks and gimmicks

(click for full size)

faces.jpg

11 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Ahah i got sucked into Fall Guys level editor

I'm at 80% done of an EPIC Santa themed one, but of course i took too long and will be ready just when will be no more needed 🤣

And of course this because i was busy completing a Dracula one that was too late to sneak into Halloween window, but wanted to complete it anyway

🤣🤣🤣

If was still student or in an uneployed period would have killed that shit like back in LBP days, but with full job, couple life, upcoming new home shit to follow and SF6 editor have huge priority FG never had a real chance, but still managed to suck some hours of sleep lol

Btw last update of 2023 (i'll be 3 days on alps for NYE) is kinda on boring technical side, but guess better than nothing lol

Bit of face rework on already existing ones using new tricks and gimmicks

(click for full size)

faces.jpg

We really need to get you more shine for these.

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@CESTUS IIInothing on your level but I can't let you have all the fun.

That's  pretty cool job, love the hair covering eyes almost sells it alone, also looks nice with necklace 👍

You should still have 2 items slots, if you want add detail to head area, you can give her silver earrings, i'm sure would work nice (if you don't have them, can be bought in Metro City square shop)

3 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

That's  pretty cool job, love the hair covering eyes almost sells it alone, also looks nice with necklace 👍

You should still have 2 items slots, if you want add detail to head area, you can give her silver earrings, i'm sure would work nice (if you don't have them, can be bought in Metro City square shop)

I have them, i didn't notice earrings on her KOFXV design. I can certainly go back and add them. I couldn't find a longer hairstyle with lengthier bangs.

5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I have them, i didn't notice earrings on her KOFXV design. I can certainly go back and add them. I couldn't find a longer hairstyle with lengthier bangs.

Yeah are pretty easy to not see because are so much hidden by hairs, even online had hard time find pic beside this thumbnail 😁

For the hair i think you picked best you could with current selection we have👍

Maybe beards have something to help you create the illusion of expand the hairstyle near the ear, or maybe even scars

• 2 weeks later...

Good job!

Also loved Blanka as pick for Vice, it's a style that can give total original results on very different (from Blanka's) bodies

6 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@CESTUS IIISince I had nothing better to do....

Side note: The blue color for Mature was because the Summer Jacket has a tighter fit, so it just looks better. She doesn't look as bulky. Plus...

Yeah, working with double layer does'nt help at all us that unlike Capcom can't choice how much clothes are supposed to adhere to the body

Specially if you already chosen the costume pieces don't be shy at literally deform your character as much is needed to make it look how you want, clothes extra bulk will fill the gap nicely

Much smaller belly/waist would also allow you to keep the big boobs silhuette even with a smaller chest size (wich affect also back and to some extent shoulders bulk)  too wich would make the overall figure leaner while leaving thicker proportions where you want the girl to have some meat

ps: fun thing if you wanted give Mature this look

mature-and-vice-dressed.jpg

the Yor (last collab black dress) costume would have done most of the job for you, leaving you just the 3 slots to add earrings (Eternity or dangling), golden iron bangles on wrists and thin thigh highsocks 😁

@Darc_Requiem

Guess i'll wait tomorrow morning update to see if there's any cool new item that can improve current creations, then later on the day will look for something to post here

One of these days guess will try to make up mini-teaser (just pics collage lol) of the two little projects i care the most next to straight main cast recreations:

-A group of recreated, redesigned characters took from Capcom's rejected concepts of past SFs (i even had to make up the names as many don't have any)

This one is basically complete, iirc complete list is

Spoiler

SF4 King Cobra

SFV Malaysian Silat girl

SFV Gen's disciple (male)

SF4 Smalt Raven

SFV Asuka

SF4 prototype Abel (small girly guy)

SFV Yeti

SFV Hawaian fat woman

SF2 Zubazz

-A group completely original ones made by me, this one is kinda tricky because the temptation is ever do 99 of them, but i'm trying to apply quality and need over quantity, so i'm trying to squeeze the number down to only the few ones i want most and see how i can try to maximize the poor tools we have to make them try as "official shit" as possible lol... this is easily most challenging one, specially to try keep some variety (must stop myself from add too many euros lol) and try to find stuff i don't feel has been already made redundant by existing SF6 cast (or by SF characters still not in, example Dudley is absolute ideal SF boxing to me, i'm not creating a new pure boxer. On other side DeeJay is shit kickboxing rep to me, so got no problem go for dutch kickboxing repping the golden age of the style)

Not even sure how handle full original group, if add some sort of mini "story" for them wich support the chara design logic and interaction with existing cast (example imagined the dutch kickboxer with idea he got fucked up badly by Sagat in the past, playing on dutch kickboxing vs Muay Thai rivalry), may even try free hire you for it 😆

For both groups took inspiration from your past way of present characters, made SF style profiles a while ago (must find where i saved them lol)

Edited by CESTUS III
2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

It add lot personality 👍

Honestly I always hated that look for her, but since I had a suit with right color combination, I thought why not. Too bad we can change the color of earrings. There is set that would work fine but I'd need to change the color to white.

Mature.jpg

18 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@CESTUS IIII decided to mess around with one of my OCs. I really couldn't get the look I wanted so I just made up something on the fly as far as her outfit goes.

Reveal hidden contents

QDQeC9D.jpg

O9x3gxS.jpg

8Ehs6ek.jpg

Iwjnsw6.jpg

What's that you feel can't get right? Just asking to see if i can help 👍

Btw with current outfit she remind me lot SoR Blaze Fielding 😄

BlazeIdle.gif

Btw glad you opened the dances with OCs too, are the ones currently taking most of my editor time but beside many still not being complete (guess will take at least first big WTM expansion with S2 begin) are to me even more complex than straight recreations to be showed of... guess because unlike for existing chars it's important to explain bunch of stuff to give context to the chara design 🤯

@CESTUS IIII've done too many existing characters that wear some sort of suit. Nakato, the OC, is like Urien. Her suit is skin tight. That's not possible in WTM. So, I just gave her a "Night on the town" look. Won't repost the whole concept but it's Nakato.

Side Note: Now I have to make Blaze Fielding. I blame you 😁

Nickname: The Raging Spire of Lightning

Sex: Female

Ethnicity: Dinka (Sudanese)

Height: 6ft 4in (1.93 m)

Weight: 177lbs (80kg)

B/W/H: 37-27-37(94cm-68cm-94cm)

Hometown: South Sudan (city unknown)

Appearance: Nakato is a towering figure with dark brown skin, golden eyes, and very short curly dark red hair. She has an toned muscular build reminiscent of a track athlete, albeit a big one. She wears ebony, well tailored pants suit, with gold embroidery, and black dress shoes. She had dark crimson dress shirt under her suit jacket that is only buttoned up to her abdomen. Like Urien, her suit seems almost painted on.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

@Darc_Requiem

First of all sorry for the super late reply, works for new home are sucking all free moments and bunch of times wanted to reply but gave up as wanted have bit time to offer well thought reply (this post itself has been written through bunch of different moments lol)

On 2/4/2024 at 11:48 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

@CESTUS IIII've done too many existing characters that wear some sort of suit. Nakato, the OC, is like Urien. Her suit is skin tight. That's not possible in WTM. So, I just gave her a "Night on the town" look. Won't repost the whole concept but it's Nakato.

Side Note: Now I have to make Blaze Fielding. I blame you 😁

Nickname: The Raging Spire of Lightning

Sex: Female

Ethnicity: Dinka (Sudanese)

Height: 6ft 4in (1.93 m)

Weight: 177lbs (80kg)

B/W/H: 37-27-37(94cm-68cm-94cm)

Hometown: South Sudan (city unknown)

Appearance: Nakato is a towering figure with dark brown skin, golden eyes, and very short curly dark red hair. She has an toned muscular build reminiscent of a track athlete, albeit a big one. She wears ebony, well tailored pants suit, with gold embroidery, and black dress shoes. She had dark crimson dress shirt under her suit jacket that is only buttoned up to her abdomen. Like Urien, her suit seems almost painted on.

Yeah, i understand well

As i said bunch of times my 2cents is even if seem awkward don’t be afraid to deform extremely your model

Actually rather than removing mass i suggest opposite, set all settings straight to zero till the model seem basically a skeleton with skin lol, then put a suit on it and start to fill the various body parts till they reach the lean look you was looking for

Some other body parts may even stay to zero(or close) though, example i noticed traps muscles are total enemies of a char with suit (business shirt+jacket), even at very low value they will instant make neck look very short and deform shoulders line making the char silhuette chunky

Sadly the clothes volume in SF6 work very similar to how early Soul Calibur ones were (later chapters still had same problem but less), it’s hard get the look you was looking for (specially with multiple layers) unless you heavy carving on the body model

Another solution if you really want go for the suit having the “painted on” look… you may actually do it and literally make her vest be essentially the skin, like i did here for Seth, making the body black and using paint to create his gray face

I think here in the picture version i did a mediocre rushed job (black skin should shine more to blend much better with dark blue tiger body paint, sarf was kinda shit done too) but it's useful to show the facepaint trick

Spoiler

sethsf6.jpg

Problems you will face using this path are two:

1    1- Use face-paint to create the normal skin tone will cover her eyebrows.

Was not a problem for Seth (who does’nt have eyebrows) but to do an average human is bit weird, unless the char is compatible with that look.

Is possible use some tricks to recreate eyebrows with 3D gadgets (black angel wings are easiest pick), but overall even doing very good job they will still look kinda fake compared to regular ones.

Picking this road i would rather suggest (if compatible with the character’s design) to add big ass sunglasses or an haircut that cover as much as possible the eyebrows area

Fun thing for my S.Raven i used similar trick (skin and body-paint making S.Raven electic battlesuit), based it not on the official SF4 rejected artwork but on my edit of it wich added the glasses (even if tbh even the SF4 concept had an head/face bw sketch study adding glasses too, wich gave more “official” ground for mine lol)

4999aea58e11abb6371645de664069bb.jpg

Concept here was give S.Raven the electric full suit under the clothes, but less hidden (that’s why Capcom’s original version had baggy clothes) and removing the gloves to “unleash” the powered-up hands... don't have screenshot of him (as for all others of same "SF rejects" group beside Zubaz), but if you're interested will add him to next bunch, i consider him mostly complete

2- This is a much smaller issue, but keep in mind recreate a decent/realistic “face texture” over the face-paint will take basically all your face slots.

Method is doable, but require lot of extra work just to get a “real face look”

You put face paint on bottom last layer slot, and above use lot of make-up slots to give natural and different colors on lips, eye area, cheeks etc.

Also the matter of face-paint itself is important, keep in mind for example base value of "sheen" will be zero while except for particular cases usually one would make skin to have it somewhere in the 45-55 range (to hit the “SF6 look”), for sure i suggest give the paint same value you would give to normal skin.

In case of char that can have wrinkles (not your girl, but saying for another case) or scars these help make everything feel less fake

Overall if i was you i would go with first option, and just do regular char with items you prefer (wich will allow to stay closer to description) and carve her model really hard

If you dont mind i can give a try on her, i like work with a theme

I will probably fail at meet what you was looking for, but maybe can help 😁

On 2/5/2024 at 4:50 AM, Darc_Requiem said:

@CESTUS IIICan't change the color of the boots to black, so I went with something else. I really REALLY REALLY am annoyed by the shoe options or lack there of.

That’s what i love of the editor recreations involving some thought/reinterpretation, i would for sure make some things differently, and yet i find your Blaze to work too and i think have a good look

It’s ever cool to me see same things done by different people... to be brutally honest between two takes at something i would most of times dismiss one take as “lesser” (even if is mine), but when you get two different solutions being both high quality/worthy is cool see more paths to same goal

😁

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I gave it a try, works surprising well ingame, had easier time find the right moveset than when i'm working on more "SF style" characters 😁

Added shit to the vanilla helmet to make it bit closer to MMX wich had proportions bit more SF like

(click for full size)

MegaMan.jpg

@Darc_Requiem

Idk if you're on PC, i'm on PS5 and wish i could do this shit lol

For my Sagat and Hugo (and some other stuff) wish we got at least 20/30 more points for max height... specially since yesterday fought Azam in the tournaments and got fresh reminder Capcom allow itself to cheat with the editor height lmao

And tbh also minimal height is'nt that short

I understand why they did, at current max height you still see bizzarre animations (like throws with victim floating 50cm from the ground) or even basic mechanics break (example vs small chars normals whiffing above opponent's head)... but tbh can't give less fucks, avatar battles balancement/legitimacy is zero anyway, let us have creative fun lol 😆