Stage Select

The Samurai Shodown Thread

1 minute ago, DoctaMario said:

Shiki has me fucking tilted. At one point you did your j.C and you were facing the opposite direction and the shit still hit me. I didn't know it crossed up.

It wasn’t always one either. They made it a cross up on the first big patch. The move was pretty good before, now it’s just stupid.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

It wasn’t always one either. They made it a cross up on the first big patch. The move was pretty good before, now it’s just stupid.

I've been told you're supposed to walk her down and try to keep in the corner but trying to keep her there is really difficult and she's got these fucked up move cadences that have never made sense to me. She's just a character that's got my number regardless.

Edited by DoctaMario
On 6/10/2024 at 12:48 AM, Hecatom said:

On another subject.
I really want an official release of Samsho 6 with rollback for consoles and pc.
But at this point, I am sure it will never happen.

You can play it with fly cast on fightcade. There's a group of people who play it pretty regularly headed up by this guy Toast Rider.

5 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

You can play it with fly cast on fightcade. There's a group of people who play it pretty regularly headed up by this guy Toast Rider.

I know.
But I just want it in consoles 😅

The same as how I want Accent Core and Xrd with rollback on consoles.

17 hours ago, Hecatom said:

I know.
But I just want it in consoles 😅

The same as how I want Accent Core and Xrd with rollback on consoles.

Was there a reason they never patched in rollback for AC+R and Xrd in consoles?

6 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Was there a reason they never patched in rollback for AC+R and Xrd in consoles?

The ps3 only has 512 mb of ram.

And rollback is resources heavy, specially when the rollback and the game are not optimized for each other.

Edited by Hecatom
13 hours ago, Hecatom said:

No plans to play today?

3 hours ago, Reticently said:

Sorry, only seeing this too late.

I'd be down to play this coming Saturday though!

Next weekend is my kid's birthday party and my family will be in town so I won't be able to make it, but y'all should play. After that, I'll be back and ready to go though!

You know, I am a little surprised that the rollback patch didn't came with any kind of balance changes, even if minor.
You would think that it could have been an opportunity to make one last chance to do some stuff on the game before leaving it as it is, since I doubt we will see ny kind of stuff done to the game, outside minor glitches patches after the rollback update.

8 hours ago, Hecatom said:

You know, I am a little surprised that the rollback patch didn't came with any kind of balance changes, even if minor.
You would think that it could have been an opportunity to make one last chance to do some stuff on the game before leaving it as it is, since I doubt we will see ny kind of stuff done to the game, outside minor glitches patches after the rollback update.

Another rollback patch incoming

Tbh I wouldn't mind Baiken being toned down some of Wu being buffed like crazy, but I don't think there's much that would need to be done balance wise. What would you change?

4 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Another rollback patch incoming

Tbh I wouldn't mind Baiken being toned down some of Wu being buffed like crazy, but I don't think there's much that would need to be done balance wise. What would you change?

Mostly minor buffs to some low tier chars and tone down some of the top tiers.
For example, there are matches that are kind of hopeless like Iroha vs the bunny girl.

The changes to make it less so are not that big due the nature of the game, so is mostly about the recovery on the teleport and time before being able to take action after teleporting.

57 minutes ago, Reticently said:

I could realistically see toning Baiken down, but that's probably the only thing that really should have been done balance-wise.

Even the low tiers have enough match-ups they're pretty good into to feel healthy.  Like, there's some quality of life stuff they could do for Cham Cham, but I don't think any of us would say she really NEEDS anything.

Yeah, imo the matches that are problems, specially with the top tiers, is mostly about tonning them down, rather than buffing the low tiers.

20 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Mostly minor buffs to some low tier chars and tone down some of the top tiers.
For example, there are matches that are kind of hopeless like Iroha vs the bunny girl.

The changes to make it less so are not that big due the nature of the game, so is mostly about the recovery on the teleport and time before being able to take action after teleporting.

I would like to see them buff lower tier characters. I feel like the balancing strategy for this game has been to make good characters worse and bad characters only marginally better but still not quite as good as the good characters.

20 hours ago, Reticently said:

I could realistically see toning Baiken down, but that's probably the only thing that really should have been done balance-wise.

Even the low tiers have enough match-ups they're pretty good into to feel healthy.  Like, there's some quality of life stuff they could do for Cham Cham, but I don't think any of us would say she really NEEDS anything.

Baiken could probably use some more recovery on things like her claw attack and her catch counters. I can't tell if she's good because she's massively overpowered or because Scrub Saibot is so good.  Either way, id like to see him play Tam again. Would make things interesting.

2 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Baiken could probably use some more recovery on things like her claw attack and her catch counters. I can't tell if she's good because she's massively overpowered or because Scrub Saibot is so good.  Either way, id like to see him play Tam again. Would make things interesting.

Have you taken her for a test drive?  I don't think she's game breaking, but trying her out for a while did leave me with the impression that she's just got a little bit more than everybody else in the game, and no one thing that stands out as a leverageable weakness.  I agree though that if she ever got touched recovery is probably the way to handle it.

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

I can't tell if she's good because she's massively overpowered or because Scrub Saibot is so good.  Either way, id like to see him play Tam again. Would make things interesting.

TBH, I think that adding recovery to those moves wouldn't be enough lol.
She is a character designed for another game, barely changed, retaining basically all her tools minus the glatlings, it was impossible for her to not be the best character.
They would need to nerf her on basically everything to make her "fair" to the rest of the cast, lol

11 hours ago, Reticently said:

Have you taken her for a test drive?  I don't think she's game breaking, but trying her out for a while did leave me with the impression that she's just got a little bit more than everybody else in the game, and no one thing that stands out as a leverageable weakness.  I agree though that if she ever got touched recovery is probably the way to handle it.

I have but only in arcade mode and if she's played like Scrub plays her she's good already and that's without mixing in her catch counters. She has a lot of really good mixup potential unless I'm missing something.

9 hours ago, Hecatom said:

TBH, I think that adding recovery to those moves wouldn't be enough lol.
She is a character designed for another game, barely changed, retaining basically all her tools minus the glatlings, it was impossible for her to not be the best character.
They would need to nerf her on basically everything to make her "fair" to the rest of the cast, lol

Yeah her not being bound to the rules of the SamSho work is definitely a problem (for GSL too I think although she doesn't seem as egregious but then nobody seems to play her much)  but I think limiting the juggle potential of her tatami mats and adding recovery to some of her stuff would help.