Stage Select

The Samurai Shodown Thread

GGs guys! Feels good to jump on and play again. Now that I have my fiber hooked up I can play whenever so let me know when y'all are feeling froggy.

4 minutes ago, Reticently said:

GGs, guys!

I didn't know that Warden command deflect was going to push your boomerangs back like that, but maaaaan after getting hit by those shits all night it was a pretty sweet discovery lol 😂 Still got me hella confused with your Cham though. That jumping grab I thought I had a handle on, I guess not lol

3 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

GG @Reticently@DoctaMario

Gonna upload the matches later this weekend.

Lets try to play again soon, lol

Absolutely!

2 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I didn't know that Warden command deflect was going to push your boomerangs back like that, but maaaaan after getting hit by those shits all night it was a pretty sweet discovery lol 😂 Still got me hella confused with your Cham though. That jumping grab I thought I had a handle on, I guess not lol

Yeah, I didn't realize that would reflect either.  I probably should have changed up my boomerang throws instead of repeatedly hitting myself with them, but once I saw you could do that I kinda wanted to throw a bunch just to see how well it works.

8 hours ago, Reticently said:

Yeah, I didn't realize that would reflect either.  I probably should have changed up my boomerang throws instead of repeatedly hitting myself with them, but once I saw you could do that I kinda wanted to throw a bunch just to see how well it works.

You did pretty well trying to rely more on slashes and that jump grab

4 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Question.

Do you think it will be better to upload 1 single video with all the matches, or every match as its own video?

Probably as one video

2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

That's good to know. I actually have the game on Steam but I've never played it on PC. I bought it on sale because I knew it was getting rollback.

I have it on Steam too.  My gaming PC is usually on wi-fi, but I can temporarily hook up an ethernet cable when my kids aren't an issue (late nights mostly), if people ever want to get a PC session going.

47 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Man, saying he'd rather play a game he hates with a few hundred people than a game he enjoys with a few dozen people is like the most Chris G thing ever, @DoctaMario

He's had a lot of wack takes so I'm not surprised. The thing is, there are apparently a lot of people who agree with him which absolutely boggles my mind because getting good at a fighting game takes dedication enough but if you don't like the game...?

And at the same time, if playerbase number is that important why are we even playing fighting games, which are niche as hell, as opposed to Smash, LoL, or chess?

On 12/20/2023 at 6:02 PM, Reticently said:

Man, saying he'd rather play a game he hates with a few hundred people than a game he enjoys with a few dozen people is like the most Chris G thing ever, @DoctaMario

A lot of people are like that, sadly.

I remember back during the SF4 days that a lot of people said they really hated playing SF4, but stuck with it because it was more populated than other games they enjoyed.

• 1 month later...