Stage Select

The Samurai Shodown Thread

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Ok
Made space on the PS5 so I can save the matches.

4 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Okay, kids are asleep, PlayStation is on an Ethernet cable, pretty much good to play whenever 👍

Be on in just a minute, I'm having some technical issues. If you wanna get started and send me an invite, go ahead.

EDIT: ok i'm ready

Edited by DoctaMario

REticently, you don't want to hang back when you have POW, if anything that just squanders your damage potential.

2 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Does he hit high and low on the bouncing attack?

I'm not sure tbh. I wouldn't think so but I don't know much about tha tmove

I kind of feel that Earthquake does a little much of guard damage thanks to his multi hit attacks, but at this late stage o the game, it is what it is

He is truly a menace if you plan to turtle against him.

😅

Edited by Hecatom
3 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I kind of feel that Earthquake does a little much of guard damage thanks to his multi hit attacks, but at this late stage o the game, it is what it is 😅

I don't know how good he is tierlist wise but he has a bit of sauce and he's fun I think. I honestly have a love/hate relationship with Amakusa in this game, so it's nice to have another character that does a similar thing in some ways.

3 minutes ago, Reticently said:

The match ups in this game are STILL more interesting than almost every game that's come out since, lol

Yeah agreed. It has a similar thing that SF2 has where there isn't a lot of extra shit baked into the game beyond the characters' movesets and that really appeals to me

19 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Don't forget that Wan get a command grab when unarmed 

I don't know what I'm doing with him, I didn't even know he had one lol

18 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

TBH, while I love the game, I can't cosign the sentiment, since there have been a lot of games that have come out that I feel have very interesting matchups and gameplay 🙂

Which games would you say? Would be interesting to have more good matchup based games,

• 1 month later...

I got to play in an online 5 Special tournament yesterday, the first I think I've done since 2018 and went 2-2 which isn't bad considering I've only really been back playing the game for about a week now.

If anyone plays or wants to even learn the game, I say let's give it a go. I've decided to learn Ukyo, so I'm in noob territory again. I actually started out as an Ukyo "main" when I first started playing (and didn't know what I was doing lol) but gravitated to Amakusa for whatever reason. a

I came back deciding to play Kazuki since I play him in 2019 but he's different 5Sp and not as much fun as Ukyo is.

Either way, we should get another lobby going sometime soon.