Stage Select

The NFL Thread: 2024 Offseason: THE DRAFT IS HERE, ATLANTA STOLE CHAD'S PENIX

• Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: 2024 Offseason: RIP Chris Mortensen
40 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Kirk Cousins signing with the Falcons is LOLLERSKATEZ

So does this mean @Chadoukenis Falcons fan now? 🙃Justin Fields must be cursed. Dude was rumored to be going to the Falcons or Steelers both of them signed vets. Maybe he can go to the Vikings? I just saw that Saquon Barkley is an Eagle now. Free Agency has already been interesting and it just started.

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

So does this mean @Chadoukenis Falcons fan now? 🙃Justin Fields must be cursed. Dude was rumored to be going to the Falcons or Steelers both of them signed vets. Maybe he can go to the Vikings? I just saw that Saquon Barkley is an Eagle now. Free Agency has already been interesting and it just started.

Nah, man,  I'm sticking with the Vikings.  Cousins worked as a mechanic to pick a different team.  Falcons are nuts to guarantee $100 mill to a guy who's 35 years old,  coming off an Achilles,  and has one playoff win in his career.  They gonna find out 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

I am REALLY hoping the Vikings draft PENIX. I don't know much about him,  but I want that fucking jersey.

He was really good college QB. The main concerns around him are age, he'll be 24 when the season starts, and injury history. He's had multiple seasons end in injury. And before you ask, yes I know are trolling because his last name is one letter off a certain word.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
6 minutes ago, Lantis said:

How the fuck did the Steelers grab both Russell and Fields in the same week??

Smart move on their part. Russell Wilson is going to be with the Steelers 2 years at the most. Mostly likely just the one unless he has an amazing year. Letting Fields sit behind is a really intelligent move.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Hip drop tackles just got banned. 15 yards and automatic first down. 

As a Refs fan,  I couldn't be happier 

They keep taking away what defenders can do. It's ridiculous. The NFLPA, the people that get hip dropped tackled, was against this change. Then you have shit like pass interference where the offensive player either doesn't get called for it, or they call it on the defender. They let offensive tackles, false start on the regular. People always go with the "flag football" hyperbole but at the rate we are going in 20 years it will be flag football.

"Personal Foul. Playing defense #27 on the defense. That's a 15 yard penalty and #27 is disqualified." 

• Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: 2024 Offseason: NO DEFENSE ALLOWED
On 3/25/2024 at 2:08 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

They keep taking away what defenders can do. It's ridiculous. The NFLPA, the people that get hip dropped tackled, was against this change. Then you have shit like pass interference where the offensive player either doesn't get called for it, or they call it on the defender. They let offensive tackles, false start on the regular. People always go with the "flag football" hyperbole but at the rate we are going in 20 years it will be flag football.

"Personal Foul. Playing defense #27 on the defense. That's a 15 yard penalty and #27 is disqualified." 

Soon rugby and soccer are going to be more dangerous than football. Maybe they're getting everyone ready for flag football for the 2028 olympics with all of these rule changes. Guess the XFL and USFL combined into the UFL with less teams.

• 4 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Fuck I'm nervous.  I hope the Vikings don't do anything stupid like trade Jefferson today. 

I'm hoping my team doesn't blow the 2nd pick of the draft. If you are going to pick a QB at 2, pick Jayden Daniels or just trade down. If the Vikings pick Penix, I'm going to laugh my ass of because I know you'll be online buying his jersey before the next commercial break. 😂

• Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: 2024 Offseason: THE DRAFT IS HERE, WILL CHAD GET HIS PENIX
  • Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: 2024 Offseason: THE DRAFT IS HERE, ATLANTA STOLE CHAD'S PENIX
2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

So, @Chadoukenwhat do you think of the QB you did end up getting?

I like the pick,  and I also like getting Dallas Turner at 17. Moving up from 11 to 10, to box out  LV and Den without having to give up any first round picks was pretty sweet. I think Kwesi did a great job holding fast.  McCarthy fits KoC's offensive scheme well and I'm hoping it won't take him too long to be ready to start. I'm happy with it.  JJ to JJ baby!