Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread

6 hours ago, misterBee said:

Any of you guys on that Disney+?

I was happy with Prime Video but DIsney+/ESPN+/Hulu for 12.99 was mighty tempting.  Gonna try it for a bit to see how I like it.

I'm REALLY not happy with Disney right now so I'll wait.  I already hear that it was crashing on day one, and then I hear this.

Ironically, I just realized that I still have the VHS tapes from 4-6 in my closet still.  Han shot first and they can't change that no matter how they try.

On 11/13/2019 at 3:56 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

The Mandalorian is god like. To bad the sequel trilogy isn't the same caliber.

17 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

I'm REALLY not happy with Disney right now so I'll wait.  I already hear that it was crashing on day one, and then I hear this.

I'm sorry but I don't care about old Star Wars, new Star Wars is great, and MORE IMPORTANTLY:

They have all of Darkwing Duck so you can consider my soul BOUGHT.

I have Netflix. I'm on the fence about getting D+.

Netflix has lost a lot shows/franchises I liked in the last year.

-Netflix MCU (Punisher, Daredevil,Jess,Luke Cage,Iron Fist) is dead.

House of Cards, Voltron Legendary Defender, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt,Bojack Horseman are dead or dying in a few months.

DC CW shows will not get the newer seasons anymore.I believe they will be on HBO Max in the future.

I kinda wish Disneys Marvel shows weren't so far in the future lol. I'm not that into Star Wars just to get it for Mandalorian. Disney should have at least one one their Marvel live shows ready for launch imo.

I know there is DC Universe but since they seem to be releasing shows like Titans/Doom patrol,and Young Justice S3 on Blu-ray I will probably pick up those selectively.

I will probably keep Netflix for at least a few more months until I've watched all the remaining stuff in my queue.

hmm...yeah it's not looking good for Netflix then if they won't be getting the new CW stuff...or perhaps just not the DC CW stuff..?  The CW lineup was a major reason I even kept netflix this long.  Then again, The Flash is seemingly over the hill at this point; I am not sure how much more they have left in that one.  

HBOMAX seems to be the more appealing one to me, if I could eventually get DC stuff there, like any new seasons of Young Justice, I'm assuming...?  The channel lineup that service has also seems superior anyway.  Disney has a big problem in that family-friendly image they are shackled to....so it's doubtful that there will be a good range of any kind of "real" content there beyond Star Wars [*a franchise which will never give you some hard-hitting R-rated content] and [PG/PG13 only] Marvel stuff....yeah, the more I think about it...the more unappealing it gets.  I don't like the idea of my entertainment having a certain "family-friendly" limitation on things....like imagine if back in the day you went into a Blockbuster, but ALL they had there was G-rated and PG-rated shit.  That would be depressing to me.

Ok, I REALLY don't understand this shit---this is the 2nd week now that *some* of the sound in Supernatural on CW is GONE.  This makes no fucking sense... I'm hearing sound effects, but all dialogue is muted.  I've never seen this happen before.

Edited by MillionX

https://bgr.com/2019/10/30/heres-everything-coming-to-hbo-max/

CW Shows: HBO Max will be the exclusive streaming home for CW dramas produced by Warner Bros. starting with the fall 2019 season, including the DC Entertainment series “Batwoman,” and “Katy Keene” (a spinoff of “Riverdale”). Note, however, that CW shows going forward will be available on HBO Max beginning 30 days prior to the TV premiere of the next seasons of those shows.

So both DC and non DC CW shows will only be on HBO MAX .

2 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

I have Netflix. I'm on the fence about getting D+.

Netflix has lost a lot shows/franchises I liked in the last year.

-Netflix MCU (Punisher, Daredevil,Jess,Luke Cage,Iron Fist) is dead.

House of Cards, Voltron Legendary Defender, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt,Bojack Horseman are dead or dying in a few months.

DC CW shows will not get the newer seasons anymore.I believe they will be on HBO Max in the future.

I kinda wish Disneys Marvel shows weren't so far in the future lol. I'm not that into Star Wars just to get it for Mandalorian. Disney should have at least one one their Marvel live shows ready for launch imo.

I know there is DC Universe but since they seem to be releasing shows like Titans/Doom patrol,and Young Justice S3 on Blu-ray I will probably pick up those selectively.

I will probably keep Netflix for at least a few more months until I've watched all the remaining stuff in my queue.

I use Amazon Prime and have been completely happy with it.  I like how other services like CBS All-Access or Britbox can be managed from within Amazon.  Keeps everything clean and in one place.

I made an exception for Disney+ though.  Nat Geo / Hulu / Disney / ESPN for 12.99 was too much value to ignore.  Even without the new Marvel stuff that's more than enough content to justify the price for me.

Netflix is about about get dropped from the 53 man roster. I was talking about it with a coworker. Basically everything I watched Netflix for is gone. No more Marvel Netflix series. Marvel and Disney movies are gone at years end and shifting to D+ next year. WB/DC stuff is on DC Universe and HBO Max. The CW shows, although I'm sick of half of them, are shifting to HBO Max next year. Voltron is over. I mean Netflix has the concessional original hit but that isn't worth the $15 a month. Prime Video gets a pass from me because it's a throw in for the expedited shipping I get with Amazon Prime. That said I've watched a lot more Prime Video than Netflix the past 3 or 4 months.

yeah, I think Netflix might actually be in trouble now....haha, oddly enough..it's starting to look like they will be in the position of Blockbuster when they were the new thing that Blockbuster didn't take seriously...and we all saw how that turned out. 😄

If *all* the CW stuff goes away, then good thing I already have my precious Vampire Diaries and Originals on blu-rays and dvds....so they're actually mine and I can continue watching regardless of what happens. [which is why physical media is still king]

if they had put Young Justice S3 on HBO Max I would've broke down and bought it then.  Blu-Ray is gonna get some more money from me for that alone.  Weirdly enough I've started to make more of a physical collection now.  Just watching it on digital isn't enough for some reason.  I still haven't watched Alita: Battle Angel yet, but I will..........sooner or later.  The mood just hasn't hit yet.

Speaking of movies, The Joker is set to hit one Billion in sales this weekend.  I guess the only thing that got shot up were the hopes of SJWs that it would flop.

8 hours ago, MillionX said:

yeah, I think Netflix might actually be in trouble now....haha, oddly enough..it's starting to look like they will be in the position of Blockbuster when they were the new thing that Blockbuster didn't take seriously...and we all saw how that turned out. 😄

Nah, Netflix has always taken this seriously.  The reason they and others have pushed original content so hard these past few years is because they realized a long time ago that all the major companies were going to try having their own streaming services and pull their stuff from Netflix

4 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

Speaking of movies, The Joker is set to hit one Billion in sales this weekend.  I guess the only thing that got shot up were the hopes of SJWs that it would flop.

Eh, I watched Joker and while the movie was well-made I found it thematically problematic.  It's an angry incel's wet dream.

sheeeeitttt, I went back to my adventures in Diablo 3 again tonight... Switch version... I was a bit too late on the season though; that's ended already.  It seems like those have been getting shorter.

Y'know, I love how drastically more powerful the characters have become.  The D3 characters of today are GODS compared to the chumps from launch-era D3.  Well, except the characters of my old friend though since he could never properly build a character worth a damn... it was endlessly entertaining to me... just for random example...he'd have a level 70 character walking around with some items that were only level *61*, while not wearing any set items......doing shit like putting a topaz gem in a weapon slot then wondering why his characters were so weak...shit was absolutely hysterical, man 🤣  (*note---I think that part of this was a certain bit of pride here....like he didn't want to just copycat the best builds despite them being objectively superior; wanted to do his own thing....the other part of that I suspect was just plain laziness.)

brief explanation of 1 of those things --*Topaz = ___ thorns damage in a weapon slot. (enemies taking damage when they hit you.)

^This is a HORRIBLE choice compared to using an emerald (+critical damage) or ruby (+ damage).  You're missing out on such a large amount of damage it's just making the character laughably handicapped...(*and why on earth would anyone fuck around with Thorns Damage if they are NOT a Crusader?  Such a strange, terrible choice there) ...seriously, we're talking about the difference of hundreds of thousands of DPS, man....so one of his characters might be like 340k dps *at best* compared to one of mine being like 850k or 1 million+

Edited by MillionX

lol.  In some games you can kinda,"Do your own thing" for damage, but Diablo ain't one of them.  If you intend to go through those rifts, you're gonna make a build that works or you ain't getting nothing.  hell, you couldn't really complete higher difficulty unless you at the very least knew how to properly match up gear.  I can't remember but I think mine was the demon hunter.  I can't remember what my setup was, but I had almost infinite super to the point where I just held the button down.

yeah, and another funny thing is that between my friend and I... one would assume he would've turned out to be the "pro" hardcore D3 player that knows everything... in the beginning, this guy was watching Diablo vids pretty much 99% of the time he was watching youtube....non-stop build videos, theory, crafting, etc. etc...like he was studying for an upcoming school exam...I was only half-way into it early on, just picking skills I thought were cool and trying to survive fights with the toughest enemies.  I tried at one point advising him to use set items, which are a major factor in making these characters so godlike...but he never really bothered... basically I only recall seeing him use 1 set that I gave him a long time ago....just that 1. 

This is where the laziness comes in... I think he just didn't want to bother even playing that much waiting for certain items to drop, though it has become way easier now with the "Kannai Cube" that can transmute rare items into legendary or set items at the cost of certain resource materials....but even that is probably too much "work" for him. 🤣 oh....and it just hit me that he probably doesn't even know that you get certain set items as a reward when playing a seasonal character....but he'd probably hate the idea of starting over with a level 1 though....so again...laziness. (keep in mind D3 has become the absolute easiest game to power-level in I've ever seen, btw.)

At this point though, I doubt he'd even play it again... I figure it probably annoyed the hell out of his ego to constantly have such obviously pitiful characters compared to mine.  As you said, this sort of game isn't the type where you can get away with "doing your own thing" that much.  It's either use the top-tier shit or be laughably weak compared to everyone else.😄

Edited by MillionX

Batman's Greatest moments:

Norm Breyfogle's Artwork  (RIP)

He worked on Batman from 1987-1993 continuously and then occasionally afterwards.He started on Detective comics, then Batman, and did the first few issues of shadow of the Bat.

He drew a more stylized Batman that had all sorts of cape tricks. He drew a very intimidating Batman in shadow/silhouette shots. I feel like a lot of those shots in Batman TAS were inspired by his art.

He co-created the Ventriloquist and Scarface, Zsazz, and other villains in his tenure. 
I am biased because the first Batman comic I ever read was drawn by him. (Batman 456). The issue after that marked the debut of Tim Drake as Robin.
He also drew the first 12 issues of the Malibu Ultraverse character Prime
Unfortunately he had a stroke in 2014 and passed away in September 2018.

Here are some samples..

Breyfogle02.jpg

w34rr3sejomlcd1aez4h.png

whuzewc2mmcutkeub7tw.png

tfunjuzytanmdafxamvh.png

Victor_Zsasz-Redslash-300x248.png

clf3kcdpipo11.png

I was just in the world of **Vampyr** once again...in the early part of a 3rd save/playthru.  Odd thing I noticed---when you make clips of this for the "activity feed" on Xbox Live...there's never any sound.  I figure it might be to avoid spoilers?  Or perhaps something similar to music "Content ID" that "youtubers" always complain about?  

Anyway...a reminder of just how great the difference is in feeding and just fighting things in that game--- I noticed that each time I fought and killed a "Skal" (these are the ugly, more feral vampire types), it was only worth 5 points...I think it's the same for fighting human enemies...when you feed on a citizen...on the "low" end you're getting at least several hundred, maybe even 1000+ exp (higher value citizens are upwards of 2 or 3,000 a pop)....so you'd have to fight and kill a couple hundred enemies to equal *one* feeding session on a citizen....brilliant way to make that into an ongoing temptation for the player.  There's also exp you get just for speaking to them or eavesdropping and finding out more personal information.

...currently I am at the part where someone is blackmailing Lady Ashbury.. and I've been tasked to "take care" of this person....heh I intend to be more of a vicious vampire this time around; ohhhhh this should be quite fun...

KuTyuw9.gif

LMFAO!!   He (The guy to the left) was looking directly at her before she tapped the other guy on the shoulder and he STILL got bumped?

...................BY A CHICK THAT PROBABLY WEIGHS LESS THAN HALF OF MY BODY WEIGHT!?!?!?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!  That one scene alone has me crying laughing.  she shoulder charged my man out of existence.  Thanks for that gif man.  I can always use a good laugh.

oh yeah I don't recall giving the update... my old friend with the extremely bad taste in various things----yep, it turns out he actually did enjoy that horrible new Contra game. 😄 ...at least that's what he's claiming... meanwhile I haven't noticed him playing it in a long time already according to his history of recently-played stuff.

On another note-- Rick Schaffer, composer of soundtracks for Bloodlines 1 and 2 answered some fan questions:

hahaha, there's a pokemon that looks like a pile of shit on a little 4-wheeled cart with a face :rofl: It's supposed to be coal I guess but it just looks like a living shit-pile, at least to me..  I don't have the game; I was watching a re-stream of our ol pal the infamous "darksfadil" play that shit.

ah, "Carkol" is the name... like car + charcoal....hell yeah that's gold, man...a living shit-pile with a face that rolls around on 4 wheels. 😄 Anyway, Pokken continues to be the only pokemon-related game I will probably ever care about though.

for those curious... Tev's re-stream is here 

hahaha as the guy pointed out... it looks like he paused slightly and clenched or tensed up as it came out.  

Someone on local radio here also made the point though that it sounded too close to the mic to be real...like if that was real then it was like someone had a mic right next to the guy's ass. 😄

also, this reminds me of this great moment with Mike Ditka

ha, they go over some inconsistencies in one of my favorite shows here ... Vampire Diaries:

the only major, noticeable thing to me was the extra powers Damon had his first appearance.  Everything else in this show had a perfect explanation within the "rules" of that world.  There's also a point where it looks like Stefan was "kinda" flying as he pushed Damon out of a window...hahah like Raiden's torpedo move in MK games....but they never did that again either.  The vampires never fly in that world, at least not the tv show; I never got into those books.

...which reminded me just now that was 1 cool difference between this and the True Blood show... those vamps can definitely fly....at least some of them.  (Eric [the first one shown to fly] explained it's like how with normal humans...not everyone is capable of doing exactly the same things; it's a skill.)

ha! and as I was checking that out, I noticed the new trailer for Ian's new vampire gig! 

hell yeah you know I'm watching this asap....heh, he's actually a normal human this time around

Edited by MillionX

JLongbone continues to rip this show too....and I can't get enough of this gold 🤣

oh this situation is worse than I thought

... well, youtube is about to become QUITE a shitty, barren wasteland of ....*just* political/news-related channels, I guess...?

if I were doing the "content creator" thing I'd definitely move on, perhaps just on my own site.  
Well, times were good while it lasted.... youtube in general had a solid run, providing us with so much gold over the past several years....but it looks like the party might be over for real this time.

to highlight something here... if one marks their vid as "made for kids" (*and from the way he's describing this--either you do that OR some old suit at the FTC can decide it IS and you marked it "incorrectly" I guess....I can easily imagine an older generation person automatically assuming---oh he's discussing video games... yep this is a channel for kids then...), basically you're buried:

• * no notifications
  • * no comments.
  • * this vid is not searchable
  • * it won't show up as recommended/suggested.
  • * no channel branding watermark
  • * no live chat on live streams, and no super-chat.

bruh...

Edited by MillionX

@MillionX

Yep.  They've become hellbent on screwing YouTube up.  This latest rule may finally be the nail in the coffin for it.  Ironically, I was talking to Mumia obsidian Ali about it the other day and he's happy as hell about the fact that he made the jump from YouTube early.  Now it looks like the B1 crew (The,"Black first" network for those who don't know) is all up in arms over the new rules.  Of course, this only makes for more fodder for the show and more laughs for yours truly.  Many of the Content Creators are already moving to places like Bitchute, so here's hoping the others will do so as well.  If YouTube ends up shutting down, they have nobody to blame but themselves.

Damn yo. 

Some bad news has come out for the Biden family.  It looks like Hunter Biden..................IS the father!  unfortunately I can't tell anymore than this because anyone or any site with the news has been DDos'ed into silence.  On top of that, apparently there was a LOT more money funneled into the biden's pockets than previously thought.  I know we don't normally do politics here, but I couldn't help but drop that little bit of info here.

Also, to help make the post more friendly:

8wGkiJz.gif

When you ain't got no ass, USE THE DAMN SEATBELT!!!

Edited by Deadly_Raver

a vid on just how powerful "It" is.... most probably already know but I just love overpowered things, of course...  It is definitely one of the most powerful horror icons I've ever seen... (it would be interesting to see which creature wins in a grand battle royale....ha, perhaps something for the "Death Battle" series to look into at some point..?)

haha this new episode of Ancient Aliens Declassified is actually talking about that time when people were wanting to rush Area 51....kinda surprising they're covering this considering how recently it happened...

...good memories of just a few months ago... it was absolutely hilarious to me if anyone was SERIOUSLY considering doing that.... it's stupid for a variety of reasons, obviously.  Whoah they have footage of people that gathered at the gates apparently?!  I think a lot of people there might've just gone to have that front row seat to the stupidity.  🤣

whoah at least 2 guys got thrown in jail for that shit...ha, nice.

really, man... first recent stupid thing I couldn't believe I was hearing was when the whole "flat earth" movement somehow came back... then ya got this situation with people seriously thinking about rushing a top secret military location that is most likely heavily armed and ready to light your ass up within about 1 second of you trying something dumb like that 😄

Edited by MillionX

As Darc Requiem said in another thread, Arrow S8 has been pretty enjoyable so far.
I just watched the first 5 episodes(half of the season)
It feels like a greatest hits from all the previous eras.
Its is my first time watching through the CW app on my new tv.
That feature is pretty cool.

My ISP Frontier is sometimes hit and miss on uploading the CW episodes consistently so this is a nice alternative.

sheeeeitttttt, I didn't expect the black Friday sale to already be in effect; on Live there's the "Capcom Black Friday Sale" I just noticed... RE2 is 19.80! ..... DMC V is also 19.80; I already have it though.  For those who somehow still don't have it after all these years--- DMC4 Special Edition is 75% off, and it's already a cheap price normally if I recall....ah yep---sale price is just 8.99!

Good thing I waited around on Monster Hunter World: Iceborne... Iceborne itself is now 29.99 😮... not quite as good as the other sales here but that's still a percentage off [25%]....

NOTE--- there is only 9 hours left apparently, as I'm posting this.