Stage Select

The NFL Thread: 2024 Offseason: THE DRAFT IS HERE, ATLANTA STOLE CHAD'S PENIX

45 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Meanwhile my Bears got comebacked by those stupid scrubs the Broncos

Tank is the way 🥲

Fields finally had a good game this year and they still lost. If you would have told me Fields would have had 335yds passing 4TDs  and 1 INT, I would have thought Bears rolled the Broncos. I guess the Bears are the ones with the bum leg 👀

• Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: 2023 Season Week 5 "Chicago at Washington. Will The Bears Get Revenge On Darc For Last Week's Thread Title? "
  • Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: 2023 Season Week 5 "Chicago at Washington. Bears Get Revenge On Darc For Last Week's Thread Title! Win 40 to 20 "
  • Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: 2023 Season Week 6 "Dolphin's Spot Panthers 14 Points & Still Win by 21"
  • Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: 2023 Season Week 7 "Patriots Defeat Bills.....PATRIOTS DEFEAT BILLS WTF!!"
16 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Not that it matters. The division belongs to the Lions anyway

Now THAT'S  a sentence I never thought I would be writing

I just enjoy how @Darc_Requiem's team finds new ways to implode every week LOL

There's still a lot of football left, and the Vikings haven't played the Lions yet. Without Cousins it's pretty much a null point, though. Sucks because Minnesota really looked like they turned the corner the last few games. Defense looked great, offense looked incredible even without JJ, and Cousins playing lights out. Fuck.

59 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Well, Vikings are done. Cousins is out with an achiles tear. Fucking sucks, he was having a career year. I'm bummed out.

I knew he got hurt. I just didn't know it was that bad. Whats with all the achilles tears lately? Isn't he in the last year of his contract 😔

@LantisTerry never drops a pass. When dropped two in a row, I knew we were fucked.

• Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: 2023 Season Week 8 "Ron's Riverboat Sinks in Philly.....Again. Eagles Top Redskins Sweep Season Series"
2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Isn't he in the last year of his contract 😔

Yeah, that might have been his last game as a Viking. Sucks to go out that way when things were starting to turn around. That's part of the game though.

Can we have Howell? That guy is good, just needs better protection.

@ChadoukenMaybe yall could have gotten Sam after all. I get trading Sweat or Young but not both. And getting a 3rd for Chase Young is a joke. We would have gotten a 3rd round compensatory pick for him. So if it's not 2nd, or a 3rd plus another pick, what's the point? Why didn't we trade Jacoby Brissett. If you are doing a fire sale, why bother keeping Ron Rivera and Jack Del Rio. Cut them too.

36 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@ChadoukenMaybe yall could have gotten Sam after all. I get trading Sweat or Young but not both. And getting a 3rd for Chase Young is a joke. We would have gotten a 3rd round compensatory pick for him. So if it's not 2nd, or a 3rd plus another pick, what's the point? Why didn't we trade Jacoby Brissett. If you are doing a fire sale, why bother keeping Ron Rivera and Jack Del Rio. Cut them too.

Dude. A third round pick for Chase Young? Is Snyder still somehow making the decisions in Washington? What the hell were they thinking?

On 10/31/2023 at 5:51 PM, Chadouken said:

Dude. A third round pick for Chase Young? Is Snyder still somehow making the decisions in Washington? What the hell were they thinking?

From what I hear, it's a Champ Bailey situation. He wanted out of town. Supposedly he didn't sit out early in the season because of the stinger. It was because he demanded at trade. Still wouldn't have let him go for a 3rd. You'd get one of those if he walked. Also why the fuck do we keep helping out Kyle Shanahan? We already sent them Trent Williams now they get Chase too!? Fuck man...

Edited by Darc_Requiem
59 minutes ago, Wellman said:

I have to say, I didn't expect much from McDaniels to see another season with the team but I am surprised it is another mid season exit for him. 

He really must piss people off, and he got the GM and OC canned alongside him too. 

That dude should never have been hired. It boggles my mind that people like Eric Bienemy can't get a 1st shot and failures like McDaniels get 3 chances.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
  • Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: 2023 Season Week 11 "Have The Broncos Turned Thing Around?"
  • Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: 2023 Season - No more whitty titles, see you in 2024

Frank Reich got canned. I swear David Tepper reminds me of Daniel Snyder when it comes to how he runs the Panthers. It's like seeing early Snyder all over again. They never should have hired Reich, they should given the job to Steve Wilks after the job he did as interim coach. Hiring a coach and firing him mid way through his first season on the job is an indictment of the team. Especially when it's known that your coaching staff wanted CJ Stroud and you the owner demanded Bryce Young.

Edit: Everyone on Social Media is calling Tepper, Dan Snyder. 🤣 So it's not just me. I've been telling Panthers fans this for the past couple of years.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
  • Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: 2023 Season - David Tepper, Extremely Patient Owner, Fires Coach 11 Games Into His First Season
  • Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: 2023 Season - Legal QB Hits In Bounds Are Now Penalties
23 minutes ago, Lantis said:

So you're telling me the Raiders, who couldn't score a single point last week and lost by a mere field goal, currently has 42 points @ halftime against the Chargers???

Fuck it, just go balls out, I want a more scandalous score than that Dolphins v Broncos game

I mean Brandon Staley is their coach.....

• Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: 2023 Season - How Bout Them Cowboys Edition
  • 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Wellman said:

I think Peyton and Belichick will both go down as Hall of Fame Head coaches... But both will also show in these later years of their careers they are not shit without a great QB to help them out in terms of winning.

It's not me being a homer when I say this, but I think Joe Gibbs is underrated as a head coach. He won three Super Bowls with three different quarterbacks, none of whom were elite. Theisman, Williams, and Rypien are not Hall of Fame QBs but they each have a Super Bowl ring. Heck, Theisman has two Super Bowl appearances. 

• Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: 2023 Season - Week 18 Screw Job In Dallas, Lions Get Jobbed By Refs
1 hour ago, Reticently said:

I'm not really a football guy, but the amount of Pittsburgh Twitter patting themselves on the back over making the playoffs this year is hilarious.

If they get out alive from Buffalo, we can talk, but I don't see it happening

Black Monday has already started. @Darc_Requiemmight finally be glad Ron Rivera got the sack LOL