Stage Select

Post your cabs here!

Reiraku

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Here's my current setup:

WvMJ0yU.jpg

Killer Instinct 2 currently has a Raspberry Pi3 B in there with a pi2jamma interfacing with the cabinet. So it's a MAME cabinet right now. I can put it back to stock very easily though once I fix my KI2 board. I also have KI1, MK1, and MK2 that are all working and plug/play easily into it.

Maximum Force cabinet was a pretty big project. I have an 8 way JAMMA switcher in there and there are 7 boards inside of the cabinet. I built "shelves" to mount them all to inside of the cabinet. The 8th slot is external and I have a longer cable running on top of the Rush 2049 SE cabinet right next to it, so I can swap games on the 8th slot without having to go inside the cabinet and open it up. I have like 15 or 16 light gun games now I think.

Then both Rush 2049 SE cabinets are just 100% stock and linked together.

I don't really have more room down there or else I'd probably get a trackball cabinet.

• 1 year later...

I just got a notification about someone reacting to my post up above and since it's changed a bit since then, here is an updated picture of how it stands.  I guess I lied about having no room lol.

zyg9Zg0.jpg

I've gotten into the pinball game and now have 2 pins - Jurassic Park Pro and Godzilla Premium.

My Killer Instinct 2 cabinet is also a bit different.

Since I sold off some of my arcade boards to fund pinball, I ended up getting rid of my KI1 board (that I actually converted to KI1 and KI2 dual boot), and my original KI2 board has a busted CPU.  I wanted to be able to play those games and the PI3 couldn't handle them.  So I built a new PC to put inside there that is strictly for MAME.  I mounted it directly to the wood board that the KI2 board is mounted to and did some pretty clean wiring including some quick disconnects for the kick harness buttons.

3eyJRD6.jpg

Here's a pic of it mounted inside the cabinet.

Vkktqf8.jpg

Here is a video of it after I first got it all hooked up.  You can see the interface which is pretty awesome for an arcade cabinet.  Also you can see the preview videos take like 2-3 seconds to load, which I have since fixed.  They load up super quick now, it had to do with the format of them.  If anyone wants a newer video showing it off a bit more feel free to let me know and I can make one.  It's truly an awesome interface running natively in 320x240 so it looks fantastic on a CRT.

Oh and one last thing, one of my Rush 2049 SE monitors went out a couple weeks ago so I ripped it apart and fixed it.  That was a fun but messy project.

VU1T0bm.jpg

Edited by purbeast