Stage Select

The Game Music Thread 🎵

It's probably going to be a while before Tears of the Kingdom's OST comes out...cause if it's anything like BotW's we probably won't see that until after all the DLC has been released.  Currently there is a rip of the music on SittingonClouds in case anyone wants to have that to suffice for now.  It is 10 discs worth of tracks apparently.

I have to say I am impressed by the VGM community's ability to get music out quickly. While TOTK continues to have rather sparse field music, it's still quite good. The music that plays in the sky areas quickly became a favorite of mine. 

--------

I came across the music for Doshin the Giant a few weeks ago. It's different but its the kind of different I can get behind.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gamechops releaseed Poke Tape 3 by Helynt  a few days ago, so if you like Pokemon lofi then...

new consouls radio also went up

timesstamps

First Set 27:46 Moonlight Densetsu - Sailor Moon 33:33 Shiki no Uta - Samurai Champloo 38:51 Brothers - Full Metal Alchemist 43:54 Crossing Fields - Sword Art Online 47:46 Inochi no Namae - Spirited Away 54:08 Disaster of Passion - Guilty Gear - Strive 58:55 Sound of Night Wind (Phonon's Theme) - Under Night In-Birth 1:03:55 Passion - Kingdom Hearts 2 1:12:40 Kigeki/Comedy - Spy x Family Second Set 1:38:11 Colors - Code Geass 1:42:29 Blood Drain - Melty Blood 1:46:19 Kimi o Nosete - Castle in the Sky 1:50:16 Lost in Paradise - Jujutsu Kaisen 1:55:41 My Dearest - Guilty Crown 2:00:38 Too Good Too Bad - Cowboy Bebop 2:06:15 Life Will Change - Persona 5 2:12:50 Samba Temperado - Lupin III 2:19:47 Pokémon Anime Theme - Pokémon

SF6's OST as well the Evo Impact album have found their way onto sittingonclouds.    I'm still debating on whether I want to buy the Evo Impact album...I may just buy the SF6 intro song "Runback City" cause I liked that track the most.

Also they put up a compilation album for Xenoblade Chronicles that has all 3 games OST in one DL called the Trinity Box.

14 hours ago, RegH81 said:

I've been listening to Street Fighter 6's OST via Spotify. Daaaaaaannnng, that sucker has SO MANY bangers.

------

Agreed.  I've been listening to it on and off since it got put up on sittingonclouds and really listening to the themes and most of them are really good arrangement wise or at least fit their characters well.  Weakest one is Guile's imo.  His doesn't fit him and it doesn't really have something in it thats really memorable or hooks you in.

Got my copy of the Xenoblade 3 soundtrack during the most recent absence, and disk 4 had a gigantic fucking scratch on it (to the point where my CD Drive wouldn't read it). I did read where the soundtrack will be available digitally, but am uncertain of the format. That will be my next purchase most likely, and I also have a copy of the Octopath I OST being held for me at Fedex, planning on getting that tomorrow while out running errands.

3 hours ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

Got my copy of the Xenoblade 3 soundtrack during the most recent absence, and disk 4 had a gigantic fucking scratch on it (to the point where my CD Drive wouldn't read it). I did read where the soundtrack will be available digitally, but am uncertain of the format. That will be my next purchase most likely, and I also have a copy of the Octopath I OST being held for me at Fedex, planning on getting that tomorrow while out running errands.

Sorry to hear that happened.  XBC3's OST is up on Sittingonclouds if you want to avoid having to pay twice for it.

• 2 weeks later...

A Gamerip of music from FFVII Ever Crisis got put up on Sittingonclouds in case anyone might be interested in hearing what they did with music for that.  From what I'm listening to on youtube it's essentially the original OST punched up.  Think closer to what they did with the Pixel Remasters OST and apply that to this and you'll have a general iddea of what they sound like.

I don't know if I'm ready for the new batch of Sonic Frontiers music that will be added to the wave 3 update. Sonic Frontier's base music was so good it should be in it's own tier of music. In My Hero Academia there's a line where Bakugo says the class needs to murder the students with music. That is the kinda energy Ohtani and the gang clearly approached Frontiers' music with and it paid off. 

MK1's OST is now up on SittingonClouds. 

Edit: I'm only seeing Casey's name prominent on the Cage Mansion track so I'm wondering if he helped on any of the other tracks or was this it.

Edit 2:  had to find the post he put up...I'm guessing he Cage Mansion was his main track that he was responsible for and he helped with the other 3.

Edit 3:  Now that I'm really looking over the OST list, this OSt seems to be missing those tracks strangely enough.  Yeah actually looks like a lot of tracks are missing out of this OST disappointingly...There's 19 stages in MK1 but they only have 9 stage tracks on this OST with the rest of the tracks coming from story.  Kinda disappointing.  Pretty sure they did that with MK11's ost too.

Edited by Sonichuman