Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread

12 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

Hey Rooster Teeth.  Was it worth it?

I don't know what this is about, didn't watch the video, and don't follow Rooster Teeth stuff...

But a quick jump to their channel shows they have over 9 million subscribers.  I don't think 20,000 matters at all. 🤣

11 hours ago, misterBee said:

I don't know what this is about, didn't watch the video, and don't follow Rooster Teeth stuff...

But a quick jump to their channel shows they have over 9 million subscribers.  I don't think 20,000 matters at all. 🤣

Watch the vid.  It's not THE greatest, but there have been a number of things hitting rooster teeth in a constant row over the past few years, and now there's the possibility that they MAY end up getting sued by Vic Mignonga over the business that has happened during the kickvic thing.  The rooster might be missing some teeth after this one.

@Darc_Requiem

LOL!!  I'm glad now that I didn't post it because now YOU got 'em.  One of my favorite posts that I've seen said,"Gillette razors are so good that they shaved 8 billion off their own value."  I fell the hell out when I read that.

Edited by Deadly_Raver

X-men's Greatest Moments:

Uncanny X-men 150  - "I, Magneto"

A turning point in the life of Magnus......

Xcover.jpg

Magneto orders all nuclear powers to destroy their nukes or else!

80s+Political+Figures.jpg

On Magneto's island base, the X-men are powerless due to an inhibitor field.But they run into Cyclops and friend Lee Forrester and hatch a plan.

Note: After the Dark Phoenix saga, Cyclops took a leave of absence and worked on a fishing boat commanded by Lee. In the oddest of coincidences, they end up on this island after a shipwreck.

yclops.jpg

Kitty damages the computers and Magnus, in his fury, zaps her with electric current, before realizing....

Note: The specifics of what happened to his wife and daughter will be revealed later in a Classic X-men backup story.)

Slain.jpg

This is the first issue to mention Magnus' Holocaust backstory.

Auschwitz.jpg

A draw? Xavier thinks not

Prof+X.jpg

From this issue (1981) to about the beginning of  X-men vol 2, (1991), he is mostly depicted as an anti hero or hero for the next "real time" 10 years. He does participate in Act of Vengeance crossover(1990) and attacks Spidey briefly  and kills Zaladane in Uncanny 275(To be fair, she stole his powers and she is an unrepentant villain) .   Magnetos  real role changes in Uncanny 200. This was really the first stepping stone. 🙂

On 7/29/2019 at 7:40 AM, DangerousJ said:

What was here?

In some hilariously good news Gilette lost  a staggering 8 billion dollars in revenue due to their "toxic masculinity" ad campaign.  It's a shame that the parent company Proctor & Gamble makes practically every household product you can think of, but regardless it's still nice to see how men voted with their wallet. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/gillette-ceo-8-billion-loss-is-price-worth-paying-over-metoo-campaign%3f_amp=true

ZEHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

WelldocumentedTiredDegus-size_restricted

Edit: damn late to the party again

(-_-) 

Edited by *.:White ShadoW:.*
2 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

White Shadow,

It was an Instagram clip of a girl dancing then "sharting" and running to the bathroom while her bf plays video games 

Ah I saw that one on discord, hi-larious. 

I was watching a YouTube vid about superheroes who hold back their powers, but I was surprisingly distracted by this svelte geeky girl hosting:

Her name is Sasha Wood and while she's "unconventional"  there's something about her that I really like.  

@MillionX Your thoughts?

Million and G1 Transformers fans,

The G1 Soundwave reissue is hitting US Walmarts and is even in one of my local ones today . The price is $50.

The Decepticon cassette 2 packs are out as well consisting of Ravage/red guy and Laserbeak/blue guy. They are $20.

The cassettes have the heat sensitive faction symbols but not Soundwave. Other than French text on the packaging,I can't see any huge differences from G1.

I bought the Laserbeak /blue guy one today so start hunting.

Edited by DangerousJ

Meanwhile in Dead Cells though...
sheeeeiiiit, I just beat Timekeeper without taking damage...I wasn't going for that but it just kinda worked out that way...ha, I don't think that's ever happened before.  I happen to be extra strong at the moment with 21 points in Tactics, due to 3 or 4 cursed chests I've taken along the way....and a challenge room.  Yeah, I will be addicted to this game forever, most likely.

nice---it's a rare achievement too; I've joined the 3% of players that have done that shit.😎

so, I learned today that the keebler elves have taken the girl scout's samoa cookies. 

Of course, they call it Coconut Dreams, but if you switched the boxes, nobody would notice the difference.in fact, the only difference I've seen is that you get 18 as opposed to the 15 that the pack of samoas has, but other than that there isn't a real difference.  "Elven magic" eh?  I guess now we know it's dark magic.

cheh, there's so much entertainment out there it's actually way too much to keep up with at this point....like right now, the weekend is already nearly over yet there's sooo much I want to enjoy-- I'm wanting to play some Diablo 3 for a while, but there's the TONS of other games I have and want to play...some I haven't even started, like World War Z or that "toys to life" kinda game with the Star Fox characters in it...I forget the name at the moment... or more Blazing Chrome and X-Morph (a game where you are the hostile aliens invading earth; you set up a base and fortifications while the military comes in attempting to stop you) etc. etc.  and then there's all this stuff on netflix that I'm far behind on...some of it is actually some years old now (like Ajin; I never finished watching that)...OR the stuff on Hulu since I have that now.  

...and then there's the stuff on regular television that I keep up with; I'm 3 episodes behind on Nos4atu now....and THEN there's the long list of channels I am subscribed to on youtube; some of which do live-streams that go for at least 1 or 2 hours at a time.

sheeiiiiittttt, my parents (baby-boomer generation) grew up in quite a boring time in comparison....in terms of entertainment.  I was thinking about this the other day, and realizing it's one of the reasons my Dad and I are quite different on how we see certain things in life... he grew up in a time when there was about 4 channels on tv....so kids back then had their toys...a couple of shows to watch on tv, and comic books....and nothing else but going outside to play with friends.  

yeah youtube has become my "television" at this point...I watch it more than tv.  First thing I do when I get home is check for updates on various channels I'm subscribed to.

I just saw a pizza hut commercial about their "pzones"... and notice what appeared to be *green peas* in one....whatever one's opinions are on pizza hut in general....what kind of sick motherfucker puts THAT in a calzone?!

watching Nos4atu again... sheeeeeiiiiiittttt, this is one of the darkest shows I've ever seen, man....just hit the part where we get to see "Christmasland" for the first time, and the kids played "scissors for the drifter!" .  Of course since I love the show, that automatically means no one else is watching and it probably won't get a 2nd season.

Edited by MillionX

it's predictable like the damn sunrise; every time there's always a "manifesto" with these shooters.

I kinda doubt it would do much to deter future assholes going down the same path (because in this particular crime/terrorist act; the person often kills themselves before getting caught..so they kinda "get away with it" usually).... but it would at least be fun and satisfying if we brought back "cruel and unusual" punishment for pieces of shit like that.  Brazen Bull, "Pear of Anguish", breaking on the wheel, that sort of thing...and in public...maybe even with a laugh-track like a scene out of a sitcom....their last moments of life would become the most miserable shit imaginable, and we'd all have a front row seat to see it...or at least those who care to purchase a ticket to the show.

Damn it's hot outside!!  Damn AC wanted to take a break, but I ain't having it.  It's 100 at LEAST right now. 

now, if only we could get women this hot..............

EDIT:  @misterBee  As much news as I watch from across the pond, you'd think I would've known a little fact like this.  I fully agree too.  These people are messed up.  As it so happens, they did catch one of these latest ones.  I hope the hammer falls on him and HARD.

Edited by Deadly_Raver

Hoo boy.  This right here...............................

Roses are red,
clocks tell time,
AND THIS SHIT IS SO DUMB I CAN'T FINISH THIS RHYME!

Seriously?  She's gonna lift up a death star which, correct me if I'm wrong here, but aren't they all...............well, blown up?  BTW, that is one SERIOUS design flaw there. some guy could accidentally drop his weapon in the wrong spot and BOOM!  Everybody's out of a job, a house, and their lives.   I don't doubt she could lift up some of it, but if she wanted to lift up ALL of it..............well...............that's gonna take some serious planet hopping with GOD level puzzle skills to boot. 

Also, why Jakku?  While I'm no historian of Star wars, people in the comments section have mentioned something that even I realize.  Both times that a death star was blown up, it was nowhere near jakku.  On top of that, planet-to-planet collisions are known to be rather destructive.  A literal Extinction level Event.  Even a meteor of a decent size could mess a place up, but a whole planet?  Yeah, that would wipe out everything on the planet including the planet itself.  So either she's going to pull a death star out of Jakku.......................I didn't realize how wrong that sounded until it was on the screen....................or she's going to lego a death star back together and then BRING it to Jakku from who knows how far away?   For what? Why?  How in the name of all the shit is that going to help anyone? 

There has been so much cringe involving rumors for the final trilogy that I've rolled up into a ball and now I'm just kind of waiting for it all to end.  whether it's the box office flop or the flaming metor of doom, I'm not really that picky anymore.

On the good news side of things, I did buy Alita: battle Angel.  Maybe that will make me feel better.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/6/20757626/disney-plus-espn-hulu-bundle-price-date-streaming-service

Interesting news for streaming fans.

Disney will offer a 3 part bundle of Disney plus, ESPN plus, and regular Hulu with ads  for $13.

I dont care about ESPN at all (ducks tomatoes from all guys)

Hulu seems to have some shows I missed that I would like to watch like Legion and some upcoming stuff like the MODOK and Howard the Duck animated shows. But  having commercials for that service but none for the other 2 (If I understand correctly) is lame.

Increase it to $15 and make Hulu ad free

3 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/6/20757626/disney-plus-espn-hulu-bundle-price-date-streaming-service

Interesting news for streaming fans.

Disney will offer a 3 part bundle of Disney plus, ESPN plus, and regular Hulu with ads  for $13.

I dont care about ESPN at all (ducks tomatoes from all guys)

Hulu seems to have some shows I missed that I would like to watch like Legion and some upcoming stuff like the MODOK and Howard the Duck animated shows. But  having commercials for that service but none for the other 2 (If I understand correctly) is lame.

Increase it to $15 and make Hulu ad free

I'm pretty much down to only Cartoon Network and I only watch it for one reason that I'm sure everyone here can figure out.  if they stream, I'll get it and be good to go.

19 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

Hoo boy.  This right here...............................

Roses are red,
clocks tell time,
AND THIS SHIT IS SO DUMB I CAN'T FINISH THIS RHYME!

Seriously?  She's gonna lift up a death star which, correct me if I'm wrong here, but aren't they all...............well, blown up?  BTW, that is one SERIOUS design flaw there. some guy could accidentally drop his weapon in the wrong spot and BOOM!  Everybody's out of a job, a house, and their lives.   I don't doubt she could lift up some of it, but if she wanted to lift up ALL of it..............well...............that's gonna take some serious planet hopping with GOD level puzzle skills to boot. 

Also, why Jakku?  While I'm no historian of Star wars, people in the comments section have mentioned something that even I realize.  Both times that a death star was blown up, it was nowhere near jakku.  On top of that, planet-to-planet collisions are known to be rather destructive.  A literal Extinction level Event.  Even a meteor of a decent size could mess a place up, but a whole planet?  Yeah, that would wipe out everything on the planet including the planet itself.  So either she's going to pull a death star out of Jakku.......................I didn't realize how wrong that sounded until it was on the screen....................or she's going to lego a death star back together and then BRING it to Jakku from who knows how far away?   For what? Why?  How in the name of all the shit is that going to help anyone? 

There has been so much cringe involving rumors for the final trilogy that I've rolled up into a ball and now I'm just kind of waiting for it all to end.  whether it's the box office flop or the flaming metor of doom, I'm not really that picky anymore.

On the good news side of things, I did buy Alita: battle Angel.  Maybe that will make me feel better.

I've always thought Star Wars and Star Wars lore sucked.  I like all the new Disney stuff.  They can do whatever they want I wouldn't mind. 🙃

oh, and that reminds me...planet to planet collisions... a theory of how the moon came to be was that a planet-sized object hit early-earth, but it was a "glancing blow"...tons of debris from it and Earth was in orbit for awhile, then eventually coalesced into a form that ended up being the moon.  Imagine how awesome that would've looked...of course one would have to be invincible, as surely nothing could've survived that.  This was obviously before anything was living here.  

It's fascinating to realize just how fragile this whole deal is... a meteor that is "just" the size of an American state...let's say Nebraska or Texas...that right there is most likely more than enough to destroy everything that lives on the surface level of this world....probably most sea life too.  Even if something survived that initial explosive crash... the results that occur later (like the sun being blocked possibly for years due to all the debris in the atmosphere) would finish everything else off.  Now imagine a clever hostile alien species---they wouldn't even have to directly show up attacking us...they could simply nudge a large enough space rock so it's on course in our general direction.  The human race...along with basically everything else living here...would be wiped out, and we'd never even know this was an attack, as opposed to an unfortunate natural, extinction-level disaster.

Another bit of proof.... it's always amusing to that there's women and even some men who claim this isn't the case but no...it absolutely is.

pure physical attraction does supersede all though, imo--- like for example... The Rock can most likely "get away with" being a chivalrous, generally nice and respectful dude and that will be ok with most women.  Average Joe with Average Job or Major most likely CAN'T get away with that in comparison to Deebo who just got out of jail last week.

ohhhh I didn't know Obsidian bothered to come back to shitty ass youtube... well I subscribed to his new channel then.

Today in a Best Buy, I spotted Hellsing Ultimate on blu-ray...the whole thing! I didn't get it though because I was there to get a birthday present for someone, and I didn't want to spend that much money all in one shot today...but I am not sure how much longer I can hold out...chances are good I'll be right back in that store tomorrow to get that sumbitch.  I always hated how they split it and so many other shows up over the years...like "volume 1" being 3 episodes here..."volume 2" mannnn fuck that, give me the whole thing in one collection or get outta my face.....and FINALLY someone did that with my precious Hellsing! ...and on top of that they had the Blade Trilogy; it was cheap at 15 bucks! (yes, oddly enough despite being a superfan of the man man Blade...I actually have never had the trilogy pack.)  Sheeeiiiitttt, I may be getting both of those when I go back.

10 hours ago, MillionX said:

ohhhh I didn't know Obsidian bothered to come back to shitty ass youtube... well I subscribed to his new channel then.

Today in a Best Buy, I spotted Hellsing Ultimate on blu-ray...the whole thing! I didn't get it though because I was there to get a birthday present for someone, and I didn't want to spend that much money all in one shot today...but I am not sure how much longer I can hold out...chances are good I'll be right back in that store tomorrow to get that sumbitch.  I always hated how they split it and so many other shows up over the years...like "volume 1" being 3 episodes here..."volume 2" mannnn fuck that, give me the whole thing in one collection or get outta my face.....and FINALLY someone did that with my precious Hellsing! ...and on top of that they had the Blade Trilogy; it was cheap at 15 bucks! (yes, oddly enough despite being a superfan of the man man Blade...I actually have never had the trilogy pack.)  Sheeeiiiitttt, I may be getting both of those when I go back.

Yeah, he took his livestreams off of YouTube.  He did go back to posting some of these pre-recorded joints just to keep his presence there.  I may very well have to look up the Hellsing collection.  I don't have it and I might want to get it.