Stage Select

Best Ultimate Tech Talk Hang Out Loud Edition 2K

Reiraku

I look forward to this place becoming just as good of a source of information as the originator boards. Hopefully, some young potential stumbles upon this place and gets inspired to build just as much stuff as some of us. Then they realize how much money we've spent on this.

Oh god, the money I've spent because of these boards...

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to stop by here! :smile:

On 1/18/2018 at 2:27 PM, Reiraku said:

I look forward to this place becoming just as good of a source of information as the originator boards. Hopefully, some young potential stumbles upon this place and gets inspired to build just as much stuff as some of us. Then they realize how much money we've spent on this.

Oh god, the money I've spent because of these boards...

It's an escalation game. When I started all I wanted to do was change the buttons on my T5 HRAP for PS2. Now I own a 3D printer and build my own sticks 100% from scratch. I don't even use store bought chassis anymore...

...please send help.

On 1/23/2018 at 6:57 PM, DarkSakul said:

So Gatorcade possibly gave me the worst customer service I ever had for a online store.

What about when I bought stuff from akihabarashop years ago and they never actually sent me anything? Is it worse than that? It's almost 10 years later and I'm still waiting. :grimace:

On 2/14/2018 at 12:05 PM, kikimaru024 said:

Man I thought modding sticks was bad.

Nothing worse than spending 3hrs building up a PC only for it to fail to POST

Now I'm afraid I've damaged my GTX 980 Ti :anguished:

What CPU? If it has integrated test with that first. Use one stick of RAM and CPU only -- see if it will post with just that.

On 2/17/2018 at 10:38 PM, kikimaru024 said:

I've plugged my friend's 1070 in now - everything works.

... When's GTX 2080 coming...

When MCV I 2 comes out :tongue:. Joking.

My current 1080 is the first Nvidia card I bough in a decade.

I got tired of waiting for AMD to unfuck themselves with the Vega launch.

And now GPU prices are, well they are straight up highway robbery because of shit-head bit coin miners.

Getting a Graphics card or any PC part at MSRP shouldn't be a challenge, it should be the default.

Just got around to putting a Power LED into my PC Duo.

I mounted the LED the frosted window the CD drive activity light is also located.

I made the Power LED Red, and swap out the CD Light got swapped out for Blue, otherwise the two LEDs would blend together.

I felt the Blue LED was too bright, so I added a 75 ohm resistor to lower the brightness.

The RED Power LED has a 470 ohm resistor and takes power from one of two 7805A voltage regulators.

In hindsight 470 ohms was too much resistance for the Red LED as the Blue LED still overpowers slightly

Also, Why Blue LEDs are so fricking bright compared to Red?

On 2/21/2018 at 12:00 PM, kikimaru024 said:

I found a local seller with an Asus ROG GTX 980 for €275, hope he doesn't flake on me.

Funny thing, I randomly happen to have an Asus SLI bridge lying around. I wonder if it's fate? :lol:

Heh. Have fun with that -- I personally never enjoyed using dual GPUs. Support for them has never been as good as I would have liked. A 980 is a great card on its own though!

On 2/21/2018 at 2:54 PM, DarkSakul said:

Just got around to putting a Power LED into my PC Duo.

I mounted the LED the frosted window the CD drive activity light is also located.

I made the Power LED Red, and swap out the CD Light got swapped out for Blue, otherwise the two LEDs would blend together.

I felt the Blue LED was too bright, so I added a 75 ohm resistor to lower the brightness.

The RED Power LED has a 470 ohm resistor and takes power from one of two 7805A voltage regulators.

In hindsight 470 ohms was too much resistance for the Red LED as the Blue LED still overpowers slightly

Also, Why Blue LEDs are so fricking bright compared to Red?

Red LEDs were invented first, so they use less power and come from a time when LED tech wasn't as good as it is now. Blue is the new hotness. The blinding new hotness.

By the way, you should check this out: https://neosdstore.com/shop/index.php?id_product=12&controller=product&id_lang=1

I'm thinking of picking up a PC Engine and getting one of these babies. Post pics of your Duo mod!

On 2/21/2018 at 3:42 PM, DarkSakul said:

I checked out their site, my bank refuses to do any transactions with the NEO SD store.

When I emailed them about it, they insist the issue is on my side, not theirs and its my problem.

That some bad customer service.

Also their forum presence on the Neo geo forums is dubious.

They've had some issues lately since the product is just launching. I saw some reviews of it from reputable youtube channels and their previous products seemed legit...

I'll maybe order one next month and let you know how it goes.

Here the inside of my PC Duo

GYcKTLV.jpg

I had accidentally pulled the solder pads for the CD activity LED.

I had the Replacement LED leads a lit long on purpose to preposition the Light, and moving the LED caused the pads to lift. Hence you see the repairs made with kynar wire to reroute the LED.

Here is the Power LED in action

j6IwRlx.jpg

The Red gets washed up more in Photos than in person, but here is the Blue CD drive indicator light in action.

GK2KjC0.jpg

On 2/26/2018 at 11:33 PM, misterBee said:

So I'm THIS close to buying a Neo Geo MVS.

I've been watching youtube vids of every Neo Geo game in anticipation for when I start my collection.

What am I about to do. Someone please help.

Given my poor impulse control, I'm the wrong person to ask. Just bought a $2900 gaming laptop that didn't need right away. Of course with GPU and memory prices what they are, I think I made the right choice.

On 2/27/2018 at 2:27 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

Given my poor impulse control, I'm the wrong person to ask. Just bought a $2900 gaming laptop that didn't need right away. Of course with GPU and memory prices what they are, I think I made the right choice.

NOT HELPFUL

Just LOOK at this consolized MVS! It's calling my name! :bawling:

the_omega_neo_geo_mvs_machine-500x682.JPG

We are just shy of 50 users now. We have a lot of people from SRK, but they don't post here often yet. They probably want to wait and see what happens to old SRK before deciding to move over here.

I'm in the SRK GD Discord and most people there know about this place already/have accounts. I don't know about people in the other Discord channels.

Just sit back and relax for now. I'm keeping this place running for the forseeable future, so there's plenty of time for things to grow, with or without old SRK peeps. :smile: