Stage Select

The Zelda Thread: TOTK officially out May 12th, spoilers out now. Avoid social media if you can.

I just thought of something that I don't why I didn't think of before until I started watching the datamined video from Gamexplain.  The 4 champs get killed by blights but Rhoam was in the castle literally in the middle of ground zero when shit hit the fan.  Dude is gonna get bodied personally by Ganon and we might be able to play/see those events too.

Edited by Sonichuman
4 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I just thought of something that I don't why I didn't think of before until I started watching the datamined video from Gamexplain.  The 4 champs get killes by blights but Rhoam was in the castle literally in the middle of ground zero when shit hit the fan.  Dude is gonna get bodied personally by Ganon and we might be able to play/ see those events too.

Dude I really hope so, that would be sick. With that said do we know Roam was at the Castle? I don't remember. I mean it's a really safe assumption, but at the same time he haunts The Great Plateau and thays where his grave is to...but them him and all the Champs are at the Castle at the end...man I dunno lol. 

57 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Dude I really hope so, that would be sick. With that said do we know Roam was at the Castle? I don't remember. I mean it's a really safe assumption, but at the same time he haunts The Great Plateau and thays where his grave is to...but them him and all the Champs are at the Castle at the end...man I dunno lol. 

It was mentioned in the lore that Rhoam got trapped in the castle soon as the shit started.  If I remember correctly Zelda mentions it in one of the cutscenes but I do remember that he got trapped in the castle.  I hope he goes out like a badass.

7 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

It was mentioned in the lore that Rhoam got trapped in the castle soon as the shit started.  If I remember correctly Zelda mentions it in one of the cutscenes but I do remember that he got trapped in the castle.  I hope he goes out like a badass.

Based on BOTW I really like Rhoam, even if he kinda fucked up bad his intentions where good. Its really unfortunate he seemed to figure out juuuust a tad too late.

I also hope he goes out like a fucking boss. I hope they all do. Man...what If Link is the main source of all the dead Guardians outside Fort Hateno before he got bopped. 

Edited by RSG3
7 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Based on BOTW I really like Rhoam, even if he kinda fucked up bad his intentions where good. Its really unfortunate he seemed to figure out juuuust a tad too late.

I also hope he goes out like a fucking boss. I hope they all do. Man...what If Link is the main source of all the dead Guardians outside Fort Hateno before he got bopped. 

Considering what we know of him?  I wouldn't be surprised if he was at least responsible for half of the corpses out there.  This man was reflecting beams off guardians BEFORE he even became a champion.  You wanna talk about beast?

I remember kind of rolling my eyes wheb I read that lore, but it was a mistake cuz when I thought about it for a moment it dawned on me the majority of Links are about 10 years old. Even OOT Link is basically a 10 year old even as an adult, he slept through those 7 years. 

Edited by RSG3

Played the demo of Age of Calamity again. Found some items I didn't find before. Link is at level 12 now and I fused some weapons for moar damage.

I was watching my nephew play the demo last night. He was comboing fire rod with runs and I'm like "You can DO that?!" 😲

Also, you can have Link fight in his underpants.  

• 2 weeks later...

Played AoC the whole day.

Gonna post some opinions on movesets and gameplay.

Spoiler

Just got Urbosa and Revali.

Link is really cool.

1H Sword moveset is basic, but fun and there's a lot of tricks up its sleeve. Honestly an upgrade over HW1's Link moveset.

Two-Handed moveset is bonkers. You'd expect it to be slow, but you get range, damage and speed with it. Even the non-buffed attacks are straight up good.

The Spear moveset is the typical duelist moveset. It's not really good against crowds, but it's fast and does not struggle damage-wise like BotW. Very nice mobility and actual silly range with charged C1.

Link's Sheikah Runes are kinda trash tho. Cryonis is just another launcher, but he has a lot of better ones. Bombs are really slow and clunky. Decent AoE in a pinch tho.

Impa is probably one of the most busted Warriors characters I've ever seen. The clones are just as crazy as predicted, but to make things even crazier, her strong attacks are pretty good and it's ridiculously easy to stack up clones. Her runes are also extremely silly.

Urbosa is really nice and the Lightning gimmick gives her a very well-rounded yet hard-hitting moveset. She pretty much has a tool for everything. Her Runes are pretty good too, especially the Bomb because you can just toss it and get a free air combo on top of the weakness exposing effect.

Revali is also broken. His flying gimmick just gives him a ton of mobility and demolishes crowds. Kinda clunky since I'm not super used to it yet, but he's good. Runes are pretty good too, but nothing to write home about.

Zelda... Is hard. Her combos kinda lack range and are somewhat bad at crowd control, but setting up her C1 traps make her pretty ok. Rolling bomb (I think it's C3?) is the best move I got for her rn. Her R1 Runes are pretty dope. Bomb turret is cool.

Overall, it's a pretty good game gameplay-wise. A lot of QoL enhancements like a dedicated dash option, Parries and Flurries translated well from BotW and they actually made Kohga harder than BotW. 🤣

About the story...

Spoiler

I can't help but feel it's shaping up to be a bust.

Why did they have to add time travel to it? It barely even makes a difference so far and it can go so, so wrong down the road...

Besides that awful decision, early game is about what people expected. Link rising through the ranks, the Champs being recruited and trouble brewing on their home towns. 

Too early to say, but damn, Egg is already a huge problem. It doesn't even make sense for it to be right on Zelda's Room and not get corrupted, but to make things worse, there's an evil one that did, so we got 2 timelines intruding on the AoC one.

Really fucking stupid decision and I'll be very, very surprised if it turns out well. 

3 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Played a bunch of AoC last night with the wife and Urbosa....mmmmmm... Yeah this is my main right now.  I don't even care that her super puts the game into to single frame digits whenever we're in the same area.  EVERYTHING DIES!!!

hyrule-warriors-age-of-calamity-10-07-20

Urbosa's super puts Storm's MVC Super 1 to shame.

As you said...EVERYTHING DIES!!!

My mains so far are Link (the boy has combos w/everything)

The WIFE/Urbosa...

She-Naurto aka Impa

max shadow clone army = 

tenor.gif

and Zelda for her unique gameplay with the Shelkah slate..and other reasons:

tOhDI6.gif

2 hours ago, RegH81 said:

I was so hpye to be playing as best water waifu Mipha! But then they let me play as her ELEPHANT MECHA!!!

hype train GIF

Oh hoes, an army of Lionels, whatever will we doKILL THEM ALL!!! EVERYBODY DIES TONIGHT!!!!

merciless louise belcher GIF by Bob's Burgers

Bruh, when I saw that army of Lynels...

Scared Jurassic Park GIF

then I realized...Holdup...

...I'M IN A DIVINE BEAST!!!

200.gif

On 11/21/2020 at 4:37 PM, RegH81 said:

I was so hpye to be playing as best water waifu Mipha! But then they let me play as her ELEPHANT MECHA!!!

They really give you a whole Metal Gear to dunk on Lynels.

691760025269698630.png?v=1

This game is something else man. Still havent got to the part Egg inevitably screws up everything, but this game is definitely one of the better Warriors games on gameplay alone.

7 hours ago, Volt said:

They really give you a whole Metal Gear to dunk on Lynels.

Wait until you get ahold of Vah Nahboris!!

You're basically:

thor ragnarok GIF by Marvel Studios

Also, a certain character gets revealed and an emotional moment will occured, and that said character will be unlocked!!

And that character is a fuckin' BEAST!!! 

Spoiler

Stances SWIITCH combos, and a weapon that looks like it does "Grown AZZ Man!!" damage AND DOES SO!

Edited by CDB2k20

I've been letting my dad play my copy of Age of Calamity and he's really liking it. This is actually his first warriors game. He played the demo and dug that so it stands to reason that he'd love the full game. Pretty sure he has no idea that EVERYBODY DIES because he's never played Breath of the Wild (got it for him for X-Mas) so it's interesting to see him play AOC before BOTW.

4 hours ago, RegH81 said:

I've been letting my dad play my copy of Age of Calamity and he's really liking it. This is actually his first warriors game. He played the demo and dug that so it stands to reason that he'd love the full game. Pretty sure he has no idea that EVERYBODY DIES because he's never played Breath of the Wild (got it for him for X-Mas) so it's interesting to see him play AOC before BOTW.

Tell him to try the GOAT Warriors game DW8XL next.

AoC is really good tho, but man, I just can't find the time to play it rn. 😭

16 hours ago, RegH81 said:

me trying to keep my mouth hushed: 

Saturday Night Live Nbc GIF by HULU

They gave the asshole bird the best theme.

though...the wife's theme comes very close to the top spot:

Edited by CDB2k20
On 11/23/2020 at 4:19 PM, CDB2k20 said:

Wait until you get ahold of Vah Nahboris!!

Naboris not being able to just indefinitely spam lightning with the normal shot like the other beasts was a letdown.

Then I realized that this made its ZR AoE super extremely spammable.

Just went nuts on its solo mission by clicking super, dash to keep invul and restore meter, another super. Unga afffffff 🤣

Just unlocked...

Spoiler

Maz Koshia.

Dude has absolutely insane AoE options. I don't think he gets airborne without Cryonis or wall jumps, which is a shame, his aerial weak attack is pretty much rapid-firing Master Sword beams and it looks like a horribly busted move.

He has insane crowd control, but compared to the other busted options of this game, he's kinda underwhelming.

This game is huuuuuge. So much stuff to do. 

They really nailed the characterization in this game too. Urbosa trying to comfort Zelda while Link eats rocks (literally 🤣) is one of the best scenes in the whole franchise.

30 minutes ago, Volt said:

Naboris not being able to just indefinitely spam lightning with the normal shot like the other beasts was a letdown.

Then I realized that this made its ZR AoE super extremely spammable.

Just went nuts on its solo mission by clicking super, dash to keep invul and restore meter, another super. Unga afffffff 🤣

Just unlocked...

Hide contents

Maz Koshia.

Dude has absolutely insane AoE options. I don't think he gets airborne without Cryonis or wall jumps, which is a shame, his aerial weak attack is pretty much rapid-firing Master Sword beams and it looks like a horribly busted move.

He has insane crowd control, but compared to the other busted options of this game, he's kinda underwhelming.

This game is huuuuuge. So much stuff to do. 

They really nailed the characterization in this game too. Urbosa trying to comfort Zelda while Link eats rocks (literally 🤣) is one of the best scenes in the whole franchise.

I need to unlock him!!

I've been hearing that he's S-tier with Link and Impa!!

44 minutes ago, CDB2k20 said:

I've been hearing that he's S-tier with Link and Impa!!

Where you hearing that?

My biggest issue with him is that attack he got that summons a whole shrine.

It just puts a huge obstacle right in front of you that you can't dash through, and since dash cancels are a huge part of offense in this game, this bothers me a lot.

I don't get his unique gimmick either. It seems he just gets one extra attack to tack on the end of combos.

Definitely one of the best normal strings in the game tho. Way up there with Revali's air strings, but you don't even need to fly up first.

Did some extra missions tonight. No story spoilers.

Spoiler

Revali really is that busted. His crowd control is absolutely insane with his air strings, Air C4 (The divekick into tornado) vacuums and you can cancel it into Musou to wipe pretty much any crowd and expose a boss' weakpoint in one shot.

More importantly tho, exposing WP with anything that isn't a Rune allows him to Stasis the WP and he got the best Stasis rune.

Unlike pretty much everyone, he can dash cancel his canned followup and still have it come out, so it's extremely easy to WP break a boss in one go as long as you got Stasis.

Mipha is a different kind of good. I did that desert dune sidequest where you gotta kill 900 bokos and then a Molduga shows up.

First I used Revali to test out his crowd control compared to Maz, then I did it with Mipha because she had an extra loot drop weapon and I needed boko fangs.

While Revali just destroys crowds, Mipha actually does fine because of how mobile she is.

You can do a lot of combos into geyser and transition into air combos then dive and she just won't really be vulnerable all that often while juggling mooks like crazy.

Air attacks also help to expose WPs. Dunno how, dunno why. But Mipha has them almost constantly because of how often she's airborne.

• Volt changed the title to The Zelda Thread: The timeline might as well be a scrambled Egg

Game has been out for what, 10 days now? No more spoiler tags for me unless I'm making huge posts. Pretty sure everyone already knows what happens anyway.

With that said...

Just unlocked Sidon!!!

L090lvT.gif

Low key mad I can't take him straight to training mode to figure out what's up, and I literally stopped the game as soon as I got through a small crowd.

First impressions are that it's Sibro, so he gotta be cool. Also, I'm not super hype about his unique mechanic, but let's see.

Waterblight can take an enormous amount of damage and I don't even know how but it was melting my health bar on Normal too.

It's really cool how they painted the Blights as real threats in this game. They legit look more menacing than in BotW. 

Waterblight had maces and all kinds of Cryonis nonsense, froze the whole floor too, so none of that "How did Mipha lose after it flooded the floor?" nonsense.

Damn this game is cool.

Yeah, its time to say.... F@#K 'DEM SPOILER TAGS!!

FUCKIN' KING RHOAM IS AWESOME!!

Well at least the last time I played as him. I really like the switch stance combos!!

Though I'm now a disciple of Team Impa Leaf Villiage/Foot Clan!!

Reason why...

I did one of the late- game quest which is called Taming the Savage Lynel.

You fight three of them, but real it's a Lynel handicap match!!!

Kermit The Frog Reaction GIF

You fight two of those bastards.... at the same time!!!

Once you kill one, the third Lynel, a Malice Lynel takes the fallen one's place.

So naturally, I went in my lvl.60 Link and kept coming up short!!

Switched to Impa, and just wrecked all three!!

Impa's ability to just melt stagger bars with her FOOT CLAN SHADOW ARMY is invaluable against mini-bosses and bosses!!

3afa6f6ddc0101d8353f4faba961340fcf676697

None of the big/named creatures are hard in age of calamity once you figure out what rune or rod or character works best on them.

You can simply bow stun/stasis all of them into oblivion with Link. Or elemental rod them into immediate stun gauge with anyone else but also including link. 

they’ve also made perfect blocks and flurry steps incredibly easy in the game too

its honestly kinda disappointing. 

Even with the malice enemies against link all you have to do is 

bow Stun > dash > stasis 4YX (x is a launcher)3X bow and you break their stamina gauge.

by the time the combo is done and the enemy composes itself your rune is recharged 

the only big/named creature it doesn’t work on but still does is the Talus. But once he does his body slam his stamina gauge appears so you can do everything but the bow starter that does the initial stun

Edited by iStu X

I must suck then cuz I have a hard time getting parries and dodges. Gotta practice.

I unlocked Mipha and Daruke last night. Daruke is cool. It took me a while to figure out Mipha warps to water formations. She clicked then and is pretty fun. Oh I also unlocked Urbosa first and I love her. She hits hard and the Meter is fun to mess with since the combo system is kinda basic, at this point anyway.

My favorites so far are Link, Impa and Urbosa. Impas runes and shadows are so much fun.

Edited by RSG3
43 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I must suck then cuz I have a hard time getting parries and dodges. Gotta practice.

I unlocked Mipha and Daruke last night. Daruke is cool. It took me a while to figure out Mipha warps to water formations. She clicked then and is pretty fun.

I don’t know. It seems easy for me. The perfect dodges get ridiculously easy mid game-ish because you can buff your chance of getting it through blacksmith fusing.

I think the perfect blocks became easy for me because on the road to the lab mission at the beginning of the game I just practiced against the guardian. 

re impa: I think she’s good but I don’t think she’s busted really. Her lack of utilities outside of clone jutsu really hurt her. Im talking about her sub par runes, lack of range and all her strong attack combo enders being not good. They’re just not that good.

Also her clone jutsu gimmick can make it really hard to tell where you are which can make perfect dodges hard to get. Especially when you’re in the thick of it. Which is almost always. 

She relies too much on her gimmick and constantly needing meter to anything meaningful, honestly. Everyone seems to think she’s good for mowing down enemies cause of the clones but she’s infinitely better in 1v1, imo. 

That said , if you’re smart with your fusing and give her a lot of attack range and special gauge meter filling buffs she can be really good in crowds

Edited by iStu X
30 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Not really thinking about best right now. Thinking about most fun. This game was a big risk for me.

I believe in you. The game is much more “this is a Zelda game that happens to have musou combat” instead of the original being “this is a Zelda skinned musou”. I’m loving it so far. I’m towards the end game. 

Edited by iStu X
8 hours ago, iStu X said:

None of the big/named creatures are hard in age of calamity once you figure out what rune or rod or character works best on them.

But that's like... Every Zelda Boss ever. 🤣

I'm satisfied. The big enemies can't really be unga bunga'd to oblivion unless you burn resources for it.

they’ve also made perfect blocks and flurry steps incredibly easy in the game too

Funny, they don't seem any harder than in BotW...

The perfect dodges get ridiculously easy mid game-ish because you can buff your chance of getting it through blacksmith fusing.

I think the perfect blocks became easy for me because on the road to the lab mission at the beginning of the game I just practiced against the guardian

Bruh... 🤣

Yeah, of course if you build for it, it really makes it easier.

Im talking about her sub par runes, lack of range and all her strong attack combo enders being not good.

Lolwut?

You must've missed out on how much invul some of her strong attacks have. That one where she vanishes and starts slashing around, I think it's her C3, is long enough to let her invul through whole Lynel attacks and grab a seal off it.

I actually hardly use her Musou unless I need to open up an enemy fast and even then, I usually wait until the clones are out to get one seal back quick.

Impa is, at the very least, the best boss killer in the game and if she had Revali-Tier runes, she'd be even more broken. 🤣

Now that the replies are out of the way, I tried out Sidon yesterday.

He's kind of on the slow side and his million stab is nowhere as good for WP breaking as Link's. Besides that, his moveset looks pretty good, but you definitely should gun for an attack speed buff on that one.

5 hours ago, Volt said:

The big enemies can't really be unga bunga'd to oblivion unless you burn resources for it.

Using a rune and a character specific command is burning resources? Wut? I can use the same combo with Link and full stun any named enemy that isn’t a Talus  every time without fail. 

also, I think you’re looking way too into the word “practice”. I didn’t sit there for hours doing it. It’s nothing I put a crazy amount of time in. Maybe 5 minutes. If you can get the timing down for guardian laser perfect block  you can for pretty much anything. 

From my personal experience it doesn’t feel the same way. It the timing window for perfect dodging and blocking feels much more lenient 

Sidon has potential to be really good. His character specific action is low key super good. I just wish he wasn’t QTE the character  

Edited by iStu X