Stage Select

The Zelda Thread: TOTK officially out May 12th, spoilers out now. Avoid social media if you can.

Still haven't taken out a Gleeok yet.  I almost thought I was gonna get forced into it when doing a Zelda rumor mission involving the Golden horse since their was and Ice one flying close by but luckily I didn't get spotted.  Currently trying to to finish the Zelda rumors/open up all the Great Fairy pods (which I actually did finish my last session) before taking another trip into the depths (The plan is to be down there briefly but it ALWAYS ends up being an excursion) before finally fixing Gerudo.

I just came across something in a well that I am quite PLEASANTLY surprised I found.   I thought all the ancient tech had completely disappeared and stopped being used after BotW but the'y're going to allow me to make THIS?  Yeah It's probably gonna be awhile before use this in a fight.  I hope I find more of them.

Spoiler

Found an Ancient Blade that will allow me to make an Ancient arrow.  50+ on this puppy.

Edited by Sonichuman
  • 2 weeks later...

Aonuma says there are no plans currently for DLC in TotK

Comment seems to imply they feel at this moment they've done all they can think of with this and may have started to move onto what's next.  I was really hoping for some sort of dlc to fill in what happened with the ancient tech and maybe Kass but I can semi respect this.

Edited by Sonichuman
On 9/6/2023 at 6:59 AM, Sonichuman said:

Aonuma says there are no plans currently for DLC in TotK

Comment seems to imply they feel at this moment they've done all they can think of with this and may have started to move onto what's next.  I was really hoping for some sort of dlc to fill in what happened with the ancient tech and maybe Kass but I can semi respect this.

Damn,I was hoping for Master Mode
and Trial of the Hero challenges to buff the Master Sword. 

But it is what it is, the game has more than enough content to do!
Including creating some insane stuff device, like what the Hyrule engineering Reddit players are doing!!

I have now taken out my second Gleeok and damn these things are def the new Lynels.  First one I decided to fight was the Electic one in the colloseum.  I didn't even know it was in there but the moment I poked my head into the entrance it Aggroed with !!!! immediately!  No contemplating or even thinking on if it say something or anything it was "something moved in my view and now I must kill it".  I definitely about faced and NOPED the fuck out at first but curiosity got the better of me and I decided to climb up the side of the collosseum to fuck around.  I found out 3 times.  Managed to take it out on the 4th and it was exhilarating .

I just finished taking out a Frost Gleeok in the Gerudo Mountains.  I wasn't planning on fighting it at first was only gonna mark it on the map but I decided I was gonna be a dick and fired a long shot arrow fused with fire fruit at it and hid behind hill.  Was entertaining watching it look arounf wondering who the fuck had the balls to hit it...until it got off its perch and spotted me.  Went ahead and said '"ok...guess I'm doing this!".  I was doing really well until the Gleeok decided he had enough and took off and just flew way our range with 2 heads down.  I had a feeling it was about to be some bullshit so I tried to look around for stone to reverse up to where he was but couldn't find one in time.  All 3 heads were up and the shit hit the fan.  Several audible "..oh no..."s from me later and I'm get clobbered  and nearly OHKO'ed.  I got fucking LUCKY.  Managed to get up to him and knock his ass out the air and followed him down and down right on top for the killing blow.    I don't even wanna know what I'm heading into whenever I find the King variant.

On 9/9/2023 at 11:38 PM, Sonichuman said:

I have now taken out my second Gleeok and damn these things are def the new Lynels.  First one I decided to fight was the Electic one in the colloseum.  I didn't even know it was in there but the moment I poked my head into the entrance it Aggroed with !!!! immediately!  No contemplating or even thinking on if it say something or anything it was "something moved in my view and now I must kill it".  I definitely about faced and NOPED the fuck out at first but curiosity got the better of me and I decided to climb up the side of the collosseum to fuck around.  I found out 3 times.  Managed to take it out on the 4th and it was exhilarating .

I just finished taking out a Frost Gleeok in the Gerudo Mountains.  I wasn't planning on fighting it at first was only gonna mark it on the map but I decided I was gonna be a dick and fired a long shot arrow fused with fire fruit at it and hid behind hill.  Was entertaining watching it look arounf wondering who the fuck had the balls to hit it...until it got off its perch and spotted me.  Went ahead and said '"ok...guess I'm doing this!".  I was doing really well until the Gleeok decided he had enough and took off and just flew way our range with 2 heads down.  I had a feeling it was about to be some bullshit so I tried to look around for stone to reverse up to where he was but couldn't find one in time.  All 3 heads were up and the shit hit the fan.  Several audible "..oh no..."s from me later and I'm get clobbered  and nearly OHKO'ed.  I got fucking LUCKY.  Managed to get up to him and knock his ass out the air and followed him down and down right on top for the killing blow.    I don't even wanna know what I'm heading into whenever I find the King variant.

Good shit Sonic!!
I didn't fuck around with Electric Gleeok aka King Khidroah til I had the Thunder Helm.

Damn, I need to come back and do some more post-storystuff.
I still haven't illuminated most of the Depths, still some Gleeoks that I haven't fought, King Gleeok especially!! 

3 things

1.  Shortly after I made that post about my triumphs over the 2 Gleeoks, I actually ended up running into a King Gleeok and managed to kill it without dying but GOD DAMN WAS IT PANDEMONIUM. 

2. King K has another video out

Coffee date has a Zelda lofi album out compliments of Gamechops

They had been putting out singles here and there for this over the last couple of months but I figured I'd wait for the full album before buying anything.  Definitely gonna take a listen to this later cause Coffee Date does good work.

On 9/15/2023 at 1:51 PM, Sonichuman said:

1.  Shortly after I made that post about my triumphs over the 2 Gleeoks, I actually ended up running into a King Gleeok and managed to kill it without dying but GOD DAMN WAS IT PANDEMONIUM. 

Congratulations!
You beat me to that achievement!   I need to get back on and take him out and some of Depths bosses!

Twitter gem that I saw today...

Edited by CDB2k20
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/features/legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-making-of-interview/

Animated GIF

I had already excepted a head canon they they just took them down in the years between BotW and TotK and they just reburied the Divine Beasts.  This...is super meh.  I almost would have rather they just let it be unknown to "they just disappeared" cause that doesn't make any sense to me because they're saying it it disappeared because Calamity Ganon disappeared but Ganondorf the reason for Calamity Ganon is still chilling under the castle.  Makes no sense to me.

Love what the Zelda team usually does with the games... but they rarely seem able or even willing to craft stories with good direct connective tissue even when it seems like easy lay ups. 

I mean the botched Zelda timeline will go down as one of the worst explanations of games when they could have also just said outside of certain games which connect or continue they are all separate universes like Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest.

I don't even think the timelines all that botched, it's just needlessly complicated because they wanted a route where Link dies for some reason, which seems to be their whole MO. They either complicate and muddy the fuck outta the water (How is Cat Boy Rauru the first King of Hyrule, how?) Beyond reconciliation, or they under shoot so fucking hard it undermines any legitimacy the lore has in general, all the Tech just fucking disappeared? Really? 

Did Kass go with them? Is that what happened to Kass, he got Raptured with the Divine Beasts, like wtf Nintendo?

Edited by RSG3

The LoZ timeline was a have baked idea just to tell the fan base to stop bringing it up. Aftertime Nintendo begrudgingly stuck to it and you can tell most within don't care. 

I was always under the impression that each game was (with some exceptions) stand alone titles with no true connection to each other. 

Side note LoZ does what should be done for most IPs. The ability to retell the story with fresh takes while maintaining the core of what makes the property what it is without doing unnecessary changes. 

18 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

The LoZ timeline was a have baked idea just to tell the fan base to stop bringing it up. Aftertime Nintendo begrudgingly stuck to it and you can tell most within don't care. 

I was always under the impression that each game was (with some exceptions) stand alone titles with no true connection to each other. 

Side note LoZ does what should be done for most IPs. The ability to retell the story with fresh takes while maintaining the core of what makes the property what it is without doing unnecessary changes. 

I get the feeling that is what they are trying to do going forward. The vagueness of BotW and TotK seems like they have given up on trying to do a timeline and will go for whatever leaving things to lore nuts to interpret. But if they like the idea or characters they will use it. Probably some of the Monolith Soft influence honestly.

• 2 weeks later...

King K put out a new video,  Not going to watch it yet though until I beat the game.

My wife beat the game a couple days before Spider-man 2 came out so she wouldn't have it sitting on her plate and I had to leave the room because I didn't want to know anything about the end game.  I 've freed all 4 regions so now I'm trying to do light up the depths, find as many shrines as I can, complete some other side quests, and find *redacted* before I Geronimo into the cavern under the castle.   I actually almost fell in when I was chasing "Zelda" around the castle and I had to warp out before I went too far in.  Also on my to do list is finding the Hylian Shield.  I know it's out there since I've seen videos and screenshots but I haven't run into where it is yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Aonuma and Fujibayashi GI interview

https://www.gameinformer.com/interview/2023/12/07/aonuma-and-fujibayashi-talk-tears-of-the-kingdoms-reception-and-their-approach

They pretty much talk about TotK's reception, timeline stuff, as well as about what to expect from the next game.  They pretty much said not to expect another sequel in this hyrule, they're moving on.  Don't expect Ultrahand in future titles.  There are some spoilers here and there so if you still haven't beat the game be wary.

I honestly would not want another Ultra hand Zelda game, but I do hope they have the team that did all this connective work get to do another original title which can feature them polishing it more. I know they will implement some of the systems from BotW and TotK in future games but stuff like fuse/item mechanic shouldn't be just a one off for this game when you can build on it.

1 hour ago, Wellman said:

I honestly would not want another Ultra hand Zelda game, but I do hope they have the team that did all this connective work get to do another original title which can feature them polishing it more. I know they will implement some of the systems from BotW and TotK in future games but stuff like fuse/item mechanic shouldn't be just a one off for this game when you can build on it.

BotW/TotK is gonna be the base skeleton for games moving forward mostly likely in terms of openness and adventuring around and that's probably going to be it.  They'll do like they've done before and take that reiterate on what's already there with other ideas.  For all we know they might come up with  solution for breakable weapons while keeping a reason for exploring  and searching areas without destroying the economy so I can stop hearing about it.  That'd be nice.  I'd also imagine they'll likely keep refining the dungeon formula like they did with TotK.  Hopefully some game down the road will have the best of both worlds from the Pre BotW and post but I imagine the gameplay logistics are gonna take some time to figure out.

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Apparently this lore is actually in the game.

I only played TOTK once, I need to do another run, but I don't remember any lore hinting at what the Spirals are or that the shrines are sealing anything. That sounds like some Ultimania type lore. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been a moment since there's been any update on anything.  So 3 things. 

1.  I've still be steadily working my way to the end game here and I only have the shrines in the zonai mazes to go through  as far as I know and I think I'll have all the shrines.  Having the shrines on the ground mimic the exact areas where they are in the Depths has been an amazing tool in helping to find where they all are above since I lit up the depths entirely.  I still have the find "Zelda"/staples quest nearly finished and I can't really tell if it's bugged or not cause I'm pretty sure I found all of them and it's still saying I don't have it completed.  Probably gonna have to pull up a guide for that cause I studied the shit out of the map and looked over every path to make sure I hadn't missed one.  After I get all the shrines though I'm gonna go ahead and Buffdorf to rest.

2. New Liam Triforce video game out yesterday about OoT's music.  Pretty good, did not know about all the dif ref's in Hyrule's overworld theme and that's pretty cool!

3.  Gamechops announced an upcoming Joshua Morse Zelda remix album is on the way...and they just released the first single