Stage Select

The Zelda Thread: TOTK officially out May 12th, spoilers out now. Avoid social media if you can.

5 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

There's a sky island waaaay over in the bottom right corner that I tried to investigate but the moment I started getting close to it and realized what was on it, I started having regrets.  I figured I'd still try to get over there and just let the fates decide what was gonna happen.....The fates decided that my glider wasn't going to make it and I'd drown in the ocean.

Also don't trust the Eventide Chasm...You do not get even a hint of a landing light

https://twitter.com/Sonic103185/status/1662883931488919552

That happened to me the first time I entered the Depths.

I was like, damn, how long is this fall? *splat*

Oh. About this long. 💀

Wiife is in the desert now...can't believe they actually brought these assholes back.

Spoiler

Both a pleasant and not so pleasant surprise that ReDeads/Gibdo's are back.  Wife hasn't gotten caught by one yet so I'm unsure if they're still in the habit of making you freeze while you look on in horror while they slowly creep over to you with the lube in their hand.

Edit:  Mannn....I thought the Rito had it rough.  Gerudo is fucked.

Edited by Sonichuman

I found another Diamond. It is super tempting to sell them for 500 rupees but I wanted to see what that 25 plus attack power on a weapon would look like, so I fused it to a one handed sword.

Also, I finally encountered a Lynel. It was the blue mane variety. Either those things got some new moves or I'm just super rusty fighting them. Even at 9 hearts, those things nearly one shot you. And that was with no defense up food. I've yet to go for upgrades on my stamina wheel because I feel I'll need legit red hearts for stuff later.

The new takes on OG Zelda enemies have been interesting/frightening in both BOTW and TOTK. Lynels were formidable foes in the original Legend of Zelda. They turned them into beast that will demolish unprepared players in BOTW and the same holds true for TOTK. So when I eyed a three headed dragon off in the distance a week or so ago, I immediately recognized it as an enemy/boss from the first LOZ. With the knowledge of what was done to Lynels in BOTW, I could only imagine what was done to Gleeoks. A few days ago, I thought, I may as well fight it and see what I can learn. So I save my game and go rushing across the bridge to engage it. I was not prepared for Gleeok. Or in this case, Flame Gleeok. That MF pumps out so much intense heat that Link can take damage just being near it. So I jumped off the bridge, found a Korok, and fast traveled outta dodge. 

I've had the most luck against the Thunder Gleeoks. The electricity can be annoying if all your weapons are metal, but otherwise it's a pretty basic fight, while the Fire and Ice ones require proper food or proper gear equipment since they do proximity damage. 

I haven't really upgraded any if the environmental gear yet like the Rito or Goron set so fighting the other two elemental Gleeoks has been a challenge for me. 

I haven't even tried to throw down with a King Gleeok yet. 

Edited by RSG3
6 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I've had the most luck against the Thunder Gleeoks. The electricity can be annoying if all your weapons are metal, but otherwise it's a pretty basic fight, while the Fire and Ice ones require proper food or proper gear equipment since they do proximity damage. 

I haven't really upgraded any if the environmental gear yet like the Rito or Goron set so fighting the other two elemental Gleeoks has been a challenge for me. 

I haven't even tried to throw down with a King Gleeok yet. 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9526db1a3d1258558a182

13 hours ago, RegH81 said:

So I'm in the Depths with a skeleton horse. I didn't think he would eat any food but he looked at me like "BRUH. Really?"

And how are you guys posting GIFs? Giphy is still broke and I am suffering with GIF post withdrawal. 

I look up the gif I want through google and copy the picture location

I was looking at people's first reaction to gloom hands yesterday and fuckin DYING.  Wouldn't recommend looking up videos on your own if you haven't dealt with it or haven't tried to fight it properly yet... hmmm?  Why did I say that? No reason...

Vids of just first reactions in the spoiler

When my guy in the last vid opened the menu and tried to eat anything to try to get away even if it didn't give him any stamina, I felt that lol.

Edited by Sonichuman

I still have only come across them once so far in my entire playthrough.  Shit is wild...and I've been literally running, climbing, gliding, ascending, and diving everywhere.  I still haven't tamed a horse yet.  I don't know what my beef is with the horse.  I just prefer being on my feet most of the time like in Botw since I feel it's better for exploration purposes but for some reason I have absolutely no issue crafting 3 fan plane to get somewhere lol.

Also there is a lot going on in this clip.  Dude didn't even use any Zonai pieces he just fucked them up

https://twitter.com/RinHara5aki/status/1665724907525914625

Edit:  I take that back...he did use a zonai piece but just as a means of traversal.  He didn't use anything like a instant death tank with lasers and what not to take them out is what I meant lol.

Edited by Sonichuman
On 6/3/2023 at 3:57 PM, Sonichuman said:

I was looking at people's first reaction to gloom hands yesterday and fuckin DYING.  Wouldn't recommend looking up videos on your own if you haven't dealt with it or haven't tried to fight it properly yet... hmmm?  Why did I say that? No reason...

Vids of just first reactions in the spoiler

When my guy in the last vid opened the menu and tried to eat anything to try to get away even if it didn't give him any stamina, I felt that lol.

Funny that you should say that...

Spoiler

Glad to finally give those things "the HANDS"!!
I'm holding on to that bow drop until I obtain more hearts.

Anyways, I've finally made my way to the Fire Temple and cleared it for the playthrough...

Spoiler

Wife has actually completed all 4 of the dungeons so now she's rolling in deep wherever she goes.  She's still barely gone into the depths cause she just does not like how it feels down there lol.  Meanwhile I finally got to Akkala and cleaned out the lab and got my pad upgraded fully.  The shrine beacon is way better now just for the simple fact that when you get close to a shrine it'll actually tell you if it's below you or not.  There's still one shrine in Lanayru that I could not find out where the hell it was though despite finding the cave network in the mountain and searching it thoroughly...figure I'll try to come back later. 

Also stumbled across a stable in Eldin on the way to Tarrey Town and everyone there was in their underwear....

Spoiler

Dude saying that Zelda told them to take their clothes off

thanos-kenan.gif

giphy.gif

I was already sus about this "Zelda" before but now?

I decided to explore Hyrule Castle this afternoon. Or so I thought. I found my way into some caves and when I checked the map, I got further and further away from the castle. I did mange to find every piece in the Solider's Armor set as well as get my hands on another diamond.

These Bokoblins that wait for you to get close by the side of the road to jump you are hilarious. The first time one did it, I didn't even realize he was there and I still him without any problems. One was eyeing the road and didn't see me sneak up on him from behind. Even in Hyrule, reverse jumping is a thing.

Decided to check out the Lost Woods on a whim since I was nearby.  Feels like the moment you stick your foot past the "Gate" you get Uncle Philed.    The fog is SUPER Aggressive.   I'm assuming I'm going to need to do something outside somewhere else to even get the chance to bypass this. 

I tried a variety of things too...including setting the forest on fire >.>

Edit 2:  Damn...I forgot that there was something I was going to do in the Tabantha region and I got completely side tracked.  There's so much to do in this game lol.

Edited by Sonichuman

This game really does give you the wandering/exploration bug. I keep meaning to go back to the main quest and the town they told me to go to, but I catch sight of a shrine or a tower and off I go. Honestly I need to find Hetsu again and cash in some of these seeds for inventory. Found him on accident before but after a rough encounter I feel I need more weapon slots.

Just now, Wellman said:

This game really does give you the wandering/exploration bug. I keep meaning to go back to the main quest and the town they told me to go to, but I catch sight of a shrine or a tower and off I go. Honestly I need to find Hetsu again and cash in some of these seeds for inventory. Found him on accident before but after a rough encounter I feel I need more weapon slots.

Looks like after you encounter him once he takes up residence in an area you've been before.  Based on what RSG said and my time playing.

Location is in spoilers in case you want to come across him yourself.

Spoiler

Try going back to Lookout Landing

2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Looks like after you encounter him once he takes up residence in an area you've been before.  Based on what RSG said and my time playing.

Location is in spoilers in case you want to come across him yourself.

Reveal hidden contents

Try going back to Lookout Landing

I will have to take a look, I mostly have not actually looked around that spot too closely in a minute 

I came across a Colosseum in the Depths. It had a single, glowing treasure chest in the center. And I'm thinking, whatever is in there has gotta be good for the amount of mooks I'm gonna have to fight. Sure enough, Bokoblins come in increasing numbers and strength. Without spoiling what was inside the treasure chest, let me just say, it was VERY MUCH worth the trouble.

On 6/15/2023 at 10:39 AM, Sonichuman said:

Chris Meledandri doesn't outright deny the LoZ rumor but pretty much says "he doesn't know where the rumor came from"

https://www.thewrap.com/zelda-animated-movie-illumination-chris-meledandri/

Didn't even know that Chris is now on the board of directors for Nintendo now.

Yeah it is sort of impressive he worked his way into Nintendo's good graces enough they gave him a position like that.

Water temple is done.
Before freeing the Waifus in Geurdo, I got do some grinding for more Korok seeds as my inventory space is extremely limited, need to finally take out my 1st Lynel and do some News Reporter quests, plus explore the depths to increase my battery.

Holding off on getting the Master Sword until I get more Dragon Tears!