Stage Select

The Zelda Thread: TOTK officially out May 12th, spoilers out now. Avoid social media if you can.

On 6/24/2023 at 11:36 AM, CDB2k20 said:

Bridge of Hylia and Snowfield Stable Gleeoks are FREE!!🤣
Well, the Snowfield one is!!? lol

Still haven't messed with those fools yet. I haven't gotten one of the Great Fairies to come out of lockdown and focused most of my blessings on stamina so I am still free for many mook enemies to one shot if I haven't taken a defensive meal. Part of it was my running wild early on before I realized the level system was bringing out high level mooks on me. I am vaguely focused on doing those fairy quests but also trying to run to increase the battery supply.

7 hours ago, Wellman said:

Still haven't messed with those fools yet. I haven't gotten one of the Great Fairies to come out of lockdown and focused most of my blessings on stamina so I am still free for many mook enemies to one shot if I haven't taken a defensive meal. Part of it was my running wild early on before I realized the level system was bringing out high level mooks on me. I am vaguely focused on doing those fairy quests but also trying to run to increase the battery supply.

I need to re-up on Keese Eyeballs and Zonai Rockets before doing any runbacks with Ice and Fire "Ghidorah"s.

I don't have the Lighting Helm or shock resistance armor and exlirs to take on Electric and King "Ghidorah"!!

Meanwhile Higher tier Lynels are still MENACES to Society!!😨

Took on the White Maned Lynel in Faron!!
Glad that you can use ambush tactics and have the Sages as backup!

Edited by CDB2k20
1 hour ago, CDB2k20 said:

I need to re-up on Keese Eyeballs and Zonai Rockets before doing any runbacks with Ice and Fire "Ghidorah"s.

I don't have the Lighting Helm or shock resistance armor and exlirs to take on Electric and King "Ghidorah"!!

Meanwhile Higher tier Lynels are still MENACES to Society!!😨

Took on the White Maned Lynel in Faron!!
Glad that you can use ambush tactics and have the Sages as backup!

I like how you shot the White Lynel like 5 times crit hit in the face and the Lynel was like "....Mediocre".  He almost sent you to the Pearly gates off one hit.  14 and 3/4 hearts off that...GOD DAMN...

On 6/26/2023 at 9:21 PM, Sonichuman said:

I like how you shot the White Lynel like 5 times crit hit in the face and the Lynel was like "....Mediocre".  He almost sent you to the Pearly gates off one hit.  14 and 3/4 hearts off that...GOD DAMN...

Bruh I was sweating like this from that one bow hit:

giphy.gif

If I didn't have Phantom Armor and those extras hearts, that coded One-Shot rule might've been broken!

Anyways, I took a break yesterday but this weekend it's been FREEING 'DEM GEURDO CHEEKS!! regional quest time.

The Yiga Clan is a trip in this game.  These guys definitely are trying their hardest to trap Link with some of the most hair brained Looney Tunes ass gimmicks.  I just finished doing a part of the zelda rumor quest line at the staples and this one I actually didn't think was a Yiga trap with how out there it was.

Spoiler

"Cucco's don't talk..."

"Oh shit this one is actually talking!"

"....wait a second...Reeally guys?"

On 7/8/2023 at 12:55 PM, Sonichuman said:

*activates a light root in the depths and then notices some bananas sitting by*

".....*picks them up and then notices that there's a whole trail leading into a nearby colliseum*"

"LOL....ok let me just put the hook in my mouth and see where this goes"

Funny you should mention "coliseum"...

5 v 5'd...Team Lynel!! for the first time!

I was thinking for the longest time that I wished there was a better way to weaponize the red barrels without hurting myself....then I fused one to a boomerang!   So I now have a spot in my inventory taken up by a boomerang fused to this bomb that some poor enemy is not going to be ready for.   Will probably toss it at Gloomhands or a Gleeok...whichever one comes first. 

SPEAKING of surprises....I'm already lightly tilted going into the depths since it's like pitch black down there and I'm playing with surround sound on so I fucking hate when it's late at night and the fucking large moblin stalfos announce themselves off screen.   And then I got jump scared by the boss from Wind Temple that I didn't even know was possible to run into again.  Tried making a straight line for one of the lights by gliding to it and then suddenly fucking boss music, the boss name appears at the top of the screen and wind is blowing up as I'm gliding in the darkness.  I didn't know what the fuck was going on!

22 hours ago, RegH81 said:

After spending months going around all over all three areas, I decided to tackle a dungeon, the Sky Temple. That was a really cool dungeon and the boss fight was intense. 

I have only done the Regional events/temples so far but that Sky Temple boss has been my favorite boss fight. I died a lot because of the set up  but damn was it fun. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about to call it a night but I wanted to update a couple of my exploits.  

I went on a big ass Depth binge for about 10 hours of gameplay over the last couple of weeks and managed to light up a good chunk of the left side and mined enough to get all of my battery charges finally so I can now have a pretty good chance of flying and getting to places easier with devices I've built which is a really good feeling.  Pretty more lit up the whole underside of Gerudo without going into Gerudo which is kinda weird but that's when I just get distracted (Gerudo is the last main area for me at the moment to fix and get all the towers)

Ran into some Gloom hand unexpectedly out in the wild and carpet bombed the shit out of them.   I then decided I was going to use the boomerang with powder keg that I had been saving in my inventory incase THAT showed up.  THAT is deceptively faster than I thought once it's within  a certain range and did a surprising a mount of damage to me.  So I attempted to give myself some space and us the boomerang....and it whiffed.  So imagine my shock and horror when the boomerang misses completely and THAT is charging at me while the boomerang with the powder keg is coming back to me.  IT...WAS...NOT...PRETTY.  I mean the explosion that followed in the ensuing chaos was from a certain point of view but lol..

I am now trying to explore more of the Overworld at moment, specifically areas that I put beacons on for one reason or another and couldn't remember why I put them there because ADD is a bitch.  Came across a waterfall that I have absolutely no idea why I marked it and realized there was  Silver Lynel near the bottom of the waterfall.  So I go "I got a good amount of bombs...fuck it I'm gonna carpet bomb his ass".  I shoot him in the face 3 times with the bombs landing crit shots, land on his back and end up doing like 1/8 damage overall.  Figure this shouldn't be so bad, I can just use the draft from the fire around him to keep shooting him in the face.  So I found out the hard way that at least the Silver Lynels suddenly have gained the ability to Goldberg no sell crit hit bombs arrows.  I thought it was a fluke at first....BUT I SHOT 10+ BOMBS INTO THIS ASSHOLE'S FACE AND HE JUST WENT "....eh'  I'm out of stamina so I land and he pulls out his bow and does a quick circle around me, puts 2 quick arrows (PRETTY MUCH AT THE SAME TIME) in my cheeks and I'm out.  I thought they made Lynels a bit tougher in this game but yeah...you can't crit hit cheese at least the Silver ones anymore like BotW.  That's pretty crazy to me.  I'm gonna have to try  again tomorrow maybe.

2 hours ago, Wellman said:

Should I keep expanding my weapon slots once that POS tree starts to ask for 30+ Deku seeds or should I just focus on managing the slots I got?

I am not trying to do a 100% run but I like having a weapon type for any occasion... 

Eh, like RSG said.  It can't hurt to have more slots but I wouldn't stress about the seeds either especially if you aren't trying 100%.  I just go for them when they are in front of me usually and just naturally expand that way.  I feel like I could probably use about 2-3 more weapon slots and then after that I'm pretty comfy.  Don't need anymore bow slots and definitely don't need any more shield slots.