Stage Select

The NFL Thread: 2024 Offseason: THE DRAFT IS HERE, ATLANTA STOLE CHAD'S PENIX

21 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Since it looks like there's a lot of DMV people here, anyone planning on being at the Vikings/Comms game November 6th? I just learned about it today and given what was said about how low attendance is, maybe I can cop a good ticket.

Tickets should be cheap. I refuse to go to any games or buy any officially licensed gear while Snyder owns the team. I turned down the chance to go to a game earlier this year. Fuck Snyder. He won't get a dime from me. 

32 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Since it looks like there's a lot of DMV people here, anyone planning on being at the Vikings/Comms game November 6th? I just learned about it today and given what was said about how low attendance is, maybe I can cop a good ticket.

I don't live in VA anymore or I would consider it. Ironically, the last game I went to was when the Skins played in Minnesota a couple years ago. AD got a standing ovation.

39 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I don't live in VA anymore or I would consider it. Ironically, the last game I went to was when the Skins played in Minnesota a couple years ago. AD got a standing ovation.

This would be my first Vikings game in person so I'm definitely thinking about it now that I have the income and the free time to make that trip. Thanks for the update, I wonder if Umthrfckr would be down. For reasons beyond me he hasn't given up repping, though as a Suns fan that sat through the entire McDunno era, maybe I can relate.

I would highly recommend you go to a game as a non-Commanders fan.  You are going to have a blast.  It's pretty much guaranteed you will win and you will be in a stadium with more of your fans than the Commanders fans.  And tickets should be cheap af.  

Also a little sus that you claim to be a Vikings fan and didn't know they are playing the Commanders in a few weeks.

👀

Edited by purbeast
2 hours ago, purbeast said:

I would highly recommend you go to a game as a non-Commanders fan.  You are going to have a blast.  It's pretty much guaranteed you will win and you will be in a stadium with more of your fans than the Commanders fans.  And tickets should be cheap af.  

Also a little sus that you claim to be a Vikings fan and didn't know they are playing the Commanders in a few weeks.

👀

Was too hyper focused on FGC twitter swearing death on me I forgot to look at the schedule.  Also the Suns don’t completely Suck anymore so my focus on on b-ball haha. 

The drama continues with the trash organization that is the Commanders.

First this news dropped earlier today like before noon.

https://wjla.com/sports/washington-commanders/major-announcement-dc-attorney-general-karl-racine-thursday-press-conference-dan-snyder-bank-america-potential-transactions-espn-charges-nfl-roger-goodell-inquiries-congress-allegations-sexual-misconduct

And then this was the statement that the Commanders put out in response to that.

And they are just getting COMPLETELY HAMMERED by everyone in the media right now, deservedly so.  Trying to basically use Brian Robinson's shooting as a political move.  Completely and utter trash organization and I can't wait till Snyder is gone.

6 hours ago, Gimpy said:

Eagle fans mad and salty as fuck! Fuck em'! 🤣 

Hell yeah I’m mad, but not for the reasons most people keep saying. I’ve been wanted us to lose a game for a while as an ego check that we have really needed since we barely beat Arizona.

What pisses me off about this loss is the absolutely dog water coaching in the first half. Never establishing the run and playing extremely soft defense with no adjustments as the Skins literally ram the ball down our throats play after play. We literally regressed to the early 2021 Eagles last night with the dog water coaching. Entire league sucking off Gannon going on 2 years and he was a complete hack last night, and Srianni is back to never running the ball. 

Imagine being 3rd and 3 and passing when

* RPO has been your bread and butter all year

* You have the best center in the league

* You have one of the best mobile QBs in the league

* You have a great back in Sanders with extremely fresh legs since he’s had like 2 rushes all night

* Your team has been unstoppable on 4 and short rushing all year

* You desperately need to establish the run

* The other team is dominanting you in time of possession by like 4x. 

Nick: Draws up a pass to force it to a clearly off his game AJ Brown. 

Then naturally we try to Superman the second half and blame it on the refs when we don’t make it. 

Shit was embarrassing. Entire coaching staff could’ve been fired last night and I wouldn’t have even blinked. I will say I am peeves that people are acting like fans booed them for no reason.

Edited by Vhozite
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@VhoziteHonestly what happened to the Eagles is usually what happens to a team on a roll. At some point in the season the team will go into a game thinking the opponent is going to roll over for them and get punched in the mouth. It's why going undefeated is damn near impossible. 

Oh yeah we were never gonna stay undefeated, I just didn’t expect Philly to basically not even try and win, especially in a division game. We could’ve just rested our starters if the plan was to completely phone it in an hope for a W.

To be clear I’m not saying Washington didn’t play well…they deserved to win. But by all metrics the birds could’ve won the game. 

The whining about the reffing is for sure getting on my nerves too. We get *plenty* of calls our way.

Yeah the missed facemask is pretty critical.  I can't believe that was missed and was so game changing.  We NEVER have calls like that go our way.

But there were some really bad calls that went the Eagles way too.  That PI in the first half that resulted in a TD drive was totally fluke.  And there were MULTIPLE missed false starts by the right tackle.  They were clear as day but for some reason just not called.  It must be his technique or something but it's BS.

Also don't care who your team is, if this doesn't hit the feels for you, you aren't god damn human.