Stage Select

The Hip Hop and R&B Thread

• 3 months later...

Anybody here watch battle rap? I watch/listen to it a lot at work and I find it pretty entertaining. No music or beats just guys (and sometimes girls) just saying crazy out of pocket shit for a few mins then hugging after lol.

Pro tip: Always fast forward through the long ass intros, especially on URL battles.

White on white crime

Sparring match between teammates 

image.thumb.jpeg.257189719e85fd63e83a77cb1c9d76a4.jpeg

Character assassination (3rd round)

Edited by Vhozite

I watch battle rap for a few people, but my one of my favorite battle rap battle moments isn't even a line.

When T-Rex was battling Charlie Clips, he turned in a trash first round. At the end of it, he said "easy". Someone from the crowd yelled "WHAT?!" in genuine confusion. That was an omen for the whole battle, and I laugh when I think about it to this day.

As far as battle rappers, my faves right now are Rum Nitty and Danny Myers. I'm probably forgetting a few.

5 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

When T-Rex was battling Charlie Clips, he turned in a trash first round. At the end of it, he said "easy".

lol this right here is exactly how I feel about every Tay Roc battle. He will scream “THATS LIGHT” after the crowd gasses every generic gun bar I genuinely cannot watch his rounds anymore.

My 2 favorites would be Twork and Surf (#FreetheWave), but those dudes choke rounds so much it takes away from my enjoyment when they are actually cooking. Cal, Geechi, and Nitty I can enjoy more because their performances are much more consistent. 

• 4 weeks later...

I might have to ween myself off hip hop fr im real tired of the money/drugs/hoes raps, and the conscious stuff just not hit at all lol. 

It all sounds great and other genres don’t have the struggle or word play angles, which  is why I still listen. But deep down I feel like it all perpetuates negative stereotypes of black people. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 5/8/2023 at 8:26 AM, Vhozite said:

I might have to ween myself off hip hop fr im real tired of the money/drugs/hoes raps, and the conscious stuff just not hit at all lol. 

It all sounds great and other genres don’t have the struggle or word play angles, which  is why I still listen. But deep down I feel like it all perpetuates negative stereotypes of black people. 

theres always stuff like digable planets and the pharcyde if u dont want "gangsta" rap

Don't care much for the music video of this song but the song's a banger. I like most of her songs on the Planet Her album like: "Need to Know" and "Woman" and "Get Into It (Yuh)"

So yeah without further ado here is the she-devil

One of my current celebrity crushes lol

EDIT:

After watching the video and listening to the music again, I realised that she's trolling the trolls lol. She's literally riding a troll and feeding the trolls in the music video loooool. The female Eminem.

That song is basically this:

Edited by Jion_Wansu
  • 7 months later...