Stage Select

The Metal Thread

I've been going back and listening to metal albums I always wanted to check out when I was in school but didn't have the money to buy. Spotify is a godsend! 

Slayer-'Undisputed Attitude'

The Kovenant- 'Animatronic'

Corrosion Of Conformity: 'Blind' (this album has some of the heaviest sounding guitars ever!)

On 10/10/2020 at 11:00 AM, DoctaMario said:

I've been going back and listening to metal albums I always wanted to check out when I was in school but didn't have the money to buy. Spotify is a godsend! 

Slayer-'Undisputed Attitude'

The Kovenant- 'Animatronic'

Corrosion Of Conformity: 'Blind' (this album has some of the heaviest sounding guitars ever!)

You could have listened to those years ago on youtube lol.

It's been years since I listened to Undisputed Attitude. I don't know if you are aware, but the album is mostly covers of punk songs.

The Kovenant even more years since I checked them out. They used to go by Covenant before they went more industrial

On 10/11/2020 at 12:33 PM, AriesWarlock said:

You could have listened to those years ago on youtube lol.

It's been years since I listened to Undisputed Attitude. I don't know if you are aware, but the album is mostly covers of punk songs.

The Kovenant even more years since I checked them out. They used to go by Covenant before they went more industrial

They were albums I wanted to check out but basically forgot about until recently. Although now that I think of it, I had a tape dub of the CoC album. And yeah I knew some of the songs on that Slayer album already, but I was curious as to how they'd do them, if they'd go straight cover or Slayer them up a bit. 

The Kovenant is weird. I got into a mood to hear KMFDM and remembered that they existed and I'm not normally terribly into growling cookie monster vocals but the way this guy annunciates combined with the distortion on his vocals makes for an interesting sound. He actually sings more on the follow up record they did and I actually liked the growling better. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Emptyeyes said:

What made me drawn to those two is that haunted was my past, where as "alive" is a renewal of me and would like to preserve it. Everyone has their wounds, but it's important to cope with them and improve your well being.

I'm a huge fan of Disturbed, gonna definitely go to the 20th Anni Sickness concert once it's clear again.

Also Haunted always reminded me of Geese's FF3 theme.

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting...

Lyrics:

Spoiler

It’s time for a large clock to play its melancholy 
Lose yourself in a curtain of steam 
Rise and accumulate your gold nuggets 
Every night is a masquerade in a skyscraper 

Getting rusty, the brass will seed to a gold leaf 
The illusions of the metropolis will fall to ruin 
Rewards from the golden age comes with misery 
The princess grieved to this world 

Embellish your body with Romanesque vanity 
It will start to burn it leaving you naked 

If you can decipher the revelation from the stars 
It could leads this world even furthermore

If you could have remembered the source of the light 
(The world comes to an end)
If you could have tell us our fate 
(The world comes to anger )

The Ether compose the shaking flame of the universe 
An endless reincarnation of the Acacia in the empty sky 
Death and life are an astral illusion 
The Lipika binds us altogether that is our own idea 

The hanging gardens looks old as the parchments out fathers left us
Fragrance of a Judas tree 

The ink spreaded to witness there final moments, as a final message 
My wise daughter, my time is over 
A dark future will come

Wich one of us will get all the credit 
It’s said that we need to fall in the ruin of the things that once was 

If you could have remember the source of the light 
The world comes to an end
The world comes to anger 

The god of existence misleads us
He wants that we depend on his help 
No one’s noticed that our evolution has stopped 

A flickering bonfire adorn the carriage 
Steams of gold seems to shines from the downtown

Edited by Emptyeyes
56 minutes ago, Emptyeyes said:

Interesting...

Lyrics:

Hide contents

It’s time for a large clock to play its melancholy 
Lose yourself in a curtain of steam 
Rise and accumulate your gold nuggets 
Every night is a masquerade in a skyscraper 

Getting rusty, the brass will seed to a gold leaf 
The illusions of the metropolis will fall to ruin 
Rewards from the golden age comes with misery 
The princess grieved to this world 

Embellish your body with Romanesque vanity 
It will start to burn it leaving you naked 

If you could have remembered the source of the light 

The hanging gardens looks old as the parchments out fathers left us
Fragrance of a Judas tree 

The ink spreaded to witness there final moments, as a final message 
My wise daughter, my time is over 
A dark future will come

Wich one of us will get all the credit 
It’s said that we need to fall in the ruin of the things that once was 

The world comes to an end
The world comes to anger 

The god of existence misleads us
He wants that we depend on his help 
No one’s noticed that our evolution has stopped 

A flickering bonfire adorn the carriage 
Steams of gold seems to shines from the downtown

You've seen her other band right?  They're absolutely amazing.

Edited by Psychoblue

Sad news. Legendary ENTOMBED Vocalist L.G. Petrov Has Died At Age 49

Cancer takes another talented soul. We are saddened to report the death of highly influential vocalist LG Petrov. Decibel Magazine broke the news earlier today.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Petrov lost his battle with bile duct cancer and passed away on March 7 at the age of 49.

Petrov was most famously known for his highly influential contributions to Entombed, recording a slew of classics including Left Hand Path and Wolverine Blues. Prior to the formation of Entombed, Petrov fronted Nihilist, which Decibel notes was "universally hailed as the most important Swedish death metal band of the late-’80s."

@Camacho@Abbachio

158442227_10160545325114008_173485700989

129790307_377043010069893_25680172650734

Edited by AriesWarlock

...And it isn't the lack of solos that makes me hate nu-metal, it's pretty much everything else about it. It is whiny, angsty late 90's-early MTV pop rock inbred with hot topic mallrat-ism. It is musically uninteresting to the extreme, aesthetically heinous, and the culture it came from and furthers is more trashy than a rural carnival port-a-potty that hasn't been dumped for a week with daily hot dog eating contests. It is faux heavy music for gangly awkward kids when they needed to rage from being told their pagers would be turned off if they didn't go cut the grass. It is the musical equivalent of getting a barb wire tattoo to look tough. It is edgy only to the sort of people who think saying "fuck" and "motherfucker" 8 times in each sentence makes them intimidating. It made Fred Durst rich and famous- that alone is enough of a damning indictment. 

Metal should be catharsis from the discharge of rage, nu-metal is more akin to the feeling women get when they watch a tear jerking straight to TV Lifetime channel movie.

Edited by Camacho
14 minutes ago, Camacho said:

...And it isn't the lack of solos that makes me hate nu-metal, it's pretty much everything else about it. It is whiny, angsty late 90's-early MTV pop rock inbred with hot topic mallrat-ism. It is musically uninteresting to the extreme, aesthetically heinous, and the culture it came from and furthers is more trashy than a rural carnival port-a-potty that hasn't been dumped for a week with daily hot dog eating contests. It is faux heavy music for gangly awkward kids when they needed to rage from being told their pagers would be turned off if they didn't go cut the grass. It is the musical equivalent of getting a barb wire tattoo to look tough. It is edgy only to the sort of people who think saying "fuck" and "motherfucker" 8 times in each sentence makes them intimidating. It made Fred Durst rich and famous- that alone is enough of a damning indictment. 

Metal should be catharsis from the discharge of rage, nu-metal is more akin to the feeling women get when they watch a tear jerking straight to TV Lifetime channel movie.

Dude, when things normalize and live shows come back, you should say all this when you are up on the stage and upload it to youtube!

31 minutes ago, Camacho said:

I do realize it's all subjective and really doesn't matter- I just have a personal revulsion to nu-metal akin to what a classical music enthusiast probably feels when they hear a tiny snippet of a famous piece sampled in an F-tier rap song.

Your shows sound lit and when live shows do return I hope someone catches them on their phone or something.  

10 hours ago, Camacho said:

Snip

I totally get where you are coming from.

I personally don't dislike all Nu Metal, but i do think that the Nu Metal term is a misnomer tbh.

Nu Metal only shares some of the most passing attributes of Metal with the heavy sound, much like Metalcore, which btw, i love many bands of Metalcore, so i don't really share the disdain of other metal heads to it, but i also get them.

The 3 genres are cousins with similarities, but they don't really share the same feeling and philosophies that drive the songs and the written structure.

Dunno who said it, but i think is very true, that Metal is music for musicians, and you can tell on the high end acts specially on the more Technical and Progressive acts.

Where you can listen the passion that drives them.

Just found out about this band, they sound pretty good

The band's debut EP sounds like it could have come straight off a mix cassette tape in an 80's tape trade. Morbid Breath's approach takes it's cues from many of the usually suspects and does a great job of merging early Metallica, Slayer, and Venom with the a bit of the Teutonic Thrash of Kreator and Sodom. In the Hand of the Reaper oozes authenticity and is a solid promise of what is to come in the future from this 4 piece!

great album cover! 🤘

morbid_breath1400x1400.jpg

==================================================================================================================

https://volantband.bandcamp.com/releases

Pretty good raw Black/speed 🤘. Free demo by clicking on "Digital Album" below . I believe you'll like this @Abbachio

Edited by AriesWarlock

This one's for @Emptyeyesas I stated before, Disturbed is a band quite dear to me despite their last album being a bit of a snore.  Here's my fave song from them.

I bought tickets to the Blue Ridge Rock Festival, getting the VIP package.  It will take place my birthday weekend in September.  No idea what the world will be like then but I'm fully vaccinated so at least I won't have to worry about getting terminally ill.  Everyone get your shots please.  I miss live events dearly.