Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

On 6/7/2024 at 4:14 PM, Daemos said:

Greetings fellow SF scholars.... I've been away from this part of my life for a long time... but this news of our Lord's revival beckons my return... To say to all those who doubted me....

I told you so.

Bison is forever. NYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!  :bison:

Holy shit I didn't think you'd return lmao!!!!!! We all missed you!

Also I'm 100% maining both Terry and Mai. I don't give a damn about Elena and Bison looks cool but I'm not a charge guy.

So the Terry crossover with SF is an interesting one on many levels stemming from SNK's initial rivalry with Capcom. We know that after the original SF was released the director Takashi Nishiyama and a few other employees left and Nishiyama went on to join SNK and create Fatal Fury. Terry Bogard as we know him actually got his initial inspiration from the title intro screen of SF. The character we usually refer to as Joe who breaks the brick wall was intended to be Terry Bogard as stated by Hiroshi Matsumoto who was another developer of the original SF.

It's interesting that when Nishiyama left Capcom for SNK he; "wanted to create a fighting game with a storyline and characters that were easier to empathize with, something he wasn’t able to achieve with Street Fighter."

I feel like this initial push for a fighting game to have some kind of plot that players could emphasize with the characters is something that many fighting games adopted because of Fatal Fury.

Also, Fatal Fury branches into the King of Fighters, which brings in various SNK characters from different titles into one game. This means Terry is the first crossover fighting game character. Now after numerous crossovers into KOF, EX Fighting Layer, and Smash Bros, Terry is crossing over into a title he was initially designed for but never actually got a chance to be in.

Thanks to@biachunli for the info I never actually realized that specific interview was referencing Terry as the guy who breaks the wall in the intro to SF.

Edited by bakfromon

@bakfromon

What do you think of this old tweet? 

@CESTUS IIIand I briefly discussed the possibility that Bison is just going around to re-absorb all the Psycho Power he left behind, including the ones he imbued into these experiments.

I read that Falke has recently gone missing in World Tour and Bison has been spotted in World Tour. Bison's new special is called Psycho Mine which is functionally similar to Falke's V-Skill 2 which is also called Psycho Mine.

Did Bison kill Falke (I hope!) or at least just absorb her? Is this the recent "shift" in his power? 

Is this why Bison went crazy in SF5 with imbuing everyone and their mother with Psycho Power? To reclaim it if he ever needs to regenerate/recover? No more eggs in one basket (Rose in SF4 ending). He foresaw the possibility of defeat and made a secret contingency plan!

Edited by Daemos
6 hours ago, bakfromon said:

Did anyone else notice this about the whole Mexico thing?

@Miðgarðsormbrought this info to my attention that Dhalsim had been the one to sense Bison in Mexico. We all assumed that Lily was the culprit but with the new evidence, we know Bison was in the area with his horse. Another interesting thing about this was that in his arcade story, Dhalsim mentions he felt the SnH. We know that SnH and Psycho are on the same wavelength, we also know that Bison is "infected" with Ryu's Hado which seems to be conflicting with his Psycho Power manifesting stably. Perhaps Bison is trying to convert the Hado in his system into SnH to convert into Psycho Power for better use?

Yeah mentioned when first we got info about Bison in Mexico reviving the horse

On 5/28/2024 at 3:35 AM, CESTUS III said:

Mexico = Bison -> the horse thing link with the Bison-like figure they talk about later, let alone being hint his energy reactivated Shadaloo base's PP. Is even possible that was the evil thing Singing Wolf perceived in Mexico, not Lily's inner spirit/demon... now that i think about it as a shaman he's probably already aware of what's inside Lily, the "new thing" that made him speak openly may have been Bison's awakening.

Also for reasons we still ignore, we know Bison had precedents at mess with Thunder Tribe

In our defense to previous theory Lily straight call the spirit she commmunicate with as "scary" or something even worse iirc

Wonder if done just to troll us into focus on Lily or both are true

6 hours ago, Daemos said:

We are. 🙂
The unaccounted for flags are: Thailand, Iran, Turkey, Kenya (Elena now), and Spain.

Cool, forgot that

Thailand -Sagat (we also seen his head portrait in SF6 sketch black board)

Iran - Cypher?

Turkey - Hakan

Kenya/Elena

Spain - Claw

Fun thing in some form all 3 G's chosen fighters would be in, in some form at least

Elena in

Hakan possible due flag

Dan heavy hinted to come with future WTM expansion, since we can already find his dojo

Yeah I read that a couple of pages ago. I'm not completely the convinced yet that he "killed" him. Most of these artworks in world tour are symbolic more than literal, as Akuma was alluding to another time in his life where he was doing tournament circuits.

Tbh i think the pic with Akuma fucking up Bison

street-fighter-6-needs-a-way-to-revisit-

is real, if they did'nt wanted it to be real they could have simply put there a generic NPC fighter

Plus Akuma is'nt the type who would boast habout having defeated somebody if he did'nt, specially considering he does'nt even respect Bison as martial artist and does'nt consider that period a meaningful one

I'm more inclined on believe pics being fake when purpose is show a character who's either dreaming/imagining things or lying... example i fully believe Juri wrongly portrait C.Viper here

uxpnmq0d9u7b1.jpg

so what we see is the lie told by Juri, not Viper's true nature

I'm gonna reserve any further comment on this loaded topic until we see this from Bison or even Viper's perspective (she was leaked by the guy who guessed 4 out of 4).

Do you have link/he mention other characters?

Good catch! But Lily seemed to be suffering from these dreams/nightmares for some time. Was Bison in Mexico for years before he decided to "gallop" around the world? Or maybe what Sim felt and what Lily is talking about are two different things, possibly unrelated.

Anyway this makes sense. I was secretly hoping Necalli redemption arc is coming but this theory seems more likely now.

Considering in the past i made a lot the easy JoJo parallel

Ripple users -> Soul Power users

so

Vampires/Pillar Men baddies -> enemy/Psycho Power

Would be interesting coincidence Bison resting there since Pillar Men ancient land was Mexico and the very first we seen was Santana who was resting for fuckton time in  MEXICAN cave/temple (kinda like Necallli probably did)

Doing HUGE link (and of course retcon), wonder if what Bison found interesting in Thunderfoot Tribe lands in SF2 was the place where Necalli was resting

Also JoJo corrupted former ripple user Straizo, that i often link to Bison, specially for his past(little we know), went to mexico and discovered Pillar Men

Likely just like possibly Bison discovered in Mexico about Necalli's existence

3 hours ago, Daemos said:

@CESTUS IIIand I briefly discussed the possibility that Bison is just going around to re-absorb all the Psycho Power he left behind, including the ones he imbued into these experiments.

I read that Falke has recently gone missing in World Tour and Bison has been spotted in World Tour. Bison's new special is called Psycho Mine which is functionally similar to Falke's V-Skill 2 which is also called Psycho Mine.

Did Bison kill Falke (I hope!) or at least just absorb her? Is this the recent "shift" in his power? 

Canon wise i don't think  Bison needs Falke to pull that move

Seems more like Ed's one the ability to generate Psycho Power from and on organic matter, and Bison seems to have that already... to make it clear i think in Ed's case rather than gain/recover new abilities, Bison would just enlarge same kind of Psycho Power currently own* in comparision to Falke/Cypher/Gorilla possibily adding new tools*

Falke's is ability to generate Psycho Power through inanimate matter/objects... something he does'nt does much but would example allow him to do the tricks he did in the past like infusing his cape with ki to strike just like Rose's whip (he got one special in don't remember wich game, was with SFA muscle Bison sprite btw) or to defend himself (does against Geese attack in CvS** intro)

Psycho Mine i think is related to the pale azure ki he already own... also because he use the pale azure ki 😄 

*Wonder if just like Akuma we would get a Shin Bison too that reflect him having collected back his gifts

**Actually not true, from Ed he can get generate PP projectiles able to travel through air (or ground like Bison's SFV) on thir own... current Bison attacks ALL involve ki be still attached to his body or to stick through contact to opponent's body

***Game not canon but still representative of Bison's abilities

3 hours ago, Daemos said:

Is this why Bison went crazy in SF5 with imbuing everyone and their mother with Psycho Power? To reclaim it if he ever needs to regenerate/recover? No more eggs in one basket (Rose in SF4 ending). He foresaw the possibility of defeat and made a secret contingency plan!

Yeah prevent somebody to potentially steal his power all at once, but split his treasures in various places/people

Edited by CESTUS III
12 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

Holy shit I didn't think you'd return lmao!!!!!! We all missed you!

Also I'm 100% maining both Terry and Mai. I don't give a damn about Elena and Bison looks cool but I'm not a charge guy.

Will other fighting game franchises have guest characters in SF6? Tekken? Mortal Kombat? Guilty Gear? Virtua Fighter? Killer Instinct? Or is it just SNK characters? So CVS3 is SF6?

2 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Awesome thanks

- Bison CA is awesome, completely different from regular Lv3

The pose where he's standing on the fist i'm sure i seen it somewhere, but at the moment i don't remember where

There's for sure at least a couple of similar scenes in HNK that are pretty close, but i think to remember something even closer

- Weird situation a bad feel i got on animations in the trailer, ingame feels different, i actually like the pace now

While at it Bison feels also faster in ingame vid, cool i like it

- Win quotes so far are pretty lame lol, expected much more

-New costume looks awesome in destroyed lab stage, all feel very 90s post-apocalyptic anime vibes

- Guess there's some reference on his slow ass taunt punch, but i'm missing it

Edited by CESTUS III
22 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

The pose where he's standing on the fist i'm sure i seen it somewhere, but at the moment i don't remember where

There's for sure at least a couple of similar scenes in HNK that are pretty close

Pretty close? Do you mean IDENTICAL?
There's Falco's 天衝舞 Tenshōbu "Celestial impact dance", where he counters Kenshirō's attempt to anti-air him with a punch in the exact same way.
180227J.jpg

Then there's HNK's prequel 蒼天の拳 Sōten no ken where the evil Colonel Van Der Kool demonstrates the same technique, even more similar to Bison.
180227I.jpg

Just seen an italian video where the guy got chance to make  some questions to Nakayama

Is not an interview vid, you get just him explaining in italian what he asked and what they replied

Random points in yellow my thoughts

- Explain a bit how they got closer to SNK, wich took bit of time

They're excited about Terry/Mai thing and was a pick to "celebrate fighting games" (guess they mean in '90s jap tradition sense, wich can get only love from me) on wider sense, to make a BIG move on the Season to have an impact on FG community

- Elena was picked based on fact SF6 had no africans and she rep capoeira (10/10 way to pick imho, helping SF cast variety picking missing nationalities/martial arts) so she have unique/recognizable style

- He said he thought was too soon for Bison (something me and others here thought too), they replied that Bison was planned to release like that long ago and that S1 with characters that interacted with him were supposed to be some sort of opening path for his arrival

(he mention how Aki, Rashid and Ed interacted/connected with Bison, saying Akuma was exception and there to be the easy to sell S1 char, but in reality we know Akuma interacted with Bison too)

- He ask if Bison's return does'nt conflict with JP role as SF6 Villain, they said it's not a problem and that we are right to keep considering JP the SF6 villain, and that Bison can have another role (stay on the side like SF4 i guess). In particular from how he talked seems this rough vagrant Bison is'nt a short early phase of his SF6 return, but would be his gimmick in this 6th chapter (from how it describe it seems the jap/asian concept of the travelling martial artist. Guess recover his powers/identity will keep him busy and leave no much room to world conquest plotting)

They added to wait and play his Arcade to see what his arc is about (i think/hope in his arcade ending we will see also a preview his new SF6 no-homeless design, wich i guess will be his third costume in 2025)

20 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Pretty close? Do you mean IDENTICAL?
There's Falco's 天衝舞 Tenshōbu "Celestial impact dance", where he counters Kenshirō's attempt to anti-air him with a punch in the exact same way.
180227J.jpg

Then there's HNK's prequel 蒼天の拳 Sōten no ken where the evil Colonel Van Der Kool demonstrates the same technique, even more similar to Bison.
180227I.jpg

Yeah i remember the Falco's scene and was one of the ones i was thinking about (and i think to remember Ken doing something similar on some generic enemy too)

Never seen the prequel one and indeed is even more similar (and done by a more "Bison like" char too), would bet on that one

I think to remember having seen somebody doing it keeping even the crossed arms pose too, but i may be wrong who knows the fuck i think to remember lol

Do you have any idea what Bison's taunt slow punch wink at? Seems too strange to be random 😄 

8 minutes ago, Lord_Vega said:

Ryo Redcyclone linked to a Famitsu interview:

https://www.famitsu.com/article/202406/7728

Nakayama confirmed that SFV and SFVI Vega are the same. It's not a new body. He has the same cracks (right hand and face) as when Ryu defeats him in ASF.

Also, did they mention that he is... pure?

I think a new body host with broken/amnesiac memories would've been a much more interesting character choice than bringing back his old body.

I think there are so many things that could be explored with a new body, like having it break down for it not being used to M. Bison's psycho power, but being able to  handle it because M. Bison is essentially starting back at zero after getting vaporized by Ryu.

Having a new body host would help close on all the M. Bison arcs and open up new ones. With the old M. Bison returning, I just get the feeling everyone is gonna jump back on the "Defenders of Earth against the Mighty Dictator" wagon again. I love this new direction with the characters in SF6, and I want them to continue that without having some world domination threat threatening their peace. I feel having a new body and broken memories fighting with the current host's body and mind would make for some interesting conflicts, and especially with Ed's group, who are seeking remnants with Shadaloo's power, but instead, they gotta deal with the threat that MB could come back if not kept in check.

I feel amnesia is an okay reason to put a close on the old M. Bison. He doesn't remember his old self or his past deeds, all he knows is that he's a badass mofo. I think him not being as threatening would encourage the some of the WWs not to keep an eye on him (except maybe Cammy and Guile because of their connections and resources). And I'm glad JP is still the main villain of this game rather than M. Bison.

Other things in mind, really looking forward to Terry's, Mai's, and Elena's inclusion in WT mode and find out more of their stories through bonding.

Aight so I've clearly missed a vital element of the lore here but.... 

Why the fuck are Neo Shadaloo doing research and looking for Bison, exactly? 

I thought the whole point of the organisation is Ed and Falke breaking off into their own sort of "neutral" branch that is neither good nor evil but just going their way, and after the events of Shadow Falls there's kinda nobody to enact revenge upon anymore 

But now apparently not only did they keep pumping the ruins of the lab inside Shadaloo base with psycho power, there's also a whole ass clone body of Bipson running around, without recollection of any prior events (cuz main bison body was destroyed by Ryu) though still pumped up with energy from the lab? 

1 hour ago, -PVL93- said:

I thought the whole point of the organisation is Ed and Falke breaking off into their own sort of "neutral" branch that is neither good nor evil but just going their way, and after the events of Shadow Falls there's kinda nobody to enact revenge upon anymore 

It seems to be two different groups using the same name.

Ed called the name of himself and his collection of victims 'Neo Shadaloo'(which is incredibly stupid if you ask me.  It's like a group of people who were persecuted by Germany during WW2 calling themselves the "New Nazis").

But then JP, seizing on what he viewed to be good branding, also started calling the actual remnants of Shadaloo 'Neo Shadaloo' as well.

Edited by DarthEnderX
34 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

It seems to be two different groups using the same name.

Ed called the name of himself and his collection of victims 'Neo Shadaloo'(which is incredibly stupid if you ask me.  It's like a group of people who were persecuted by Germany during WW2 calling themselves the "New Nazis").

But then JP, seizing on what he viewed to be good branding, also started calling the actual remnants of Shadaloo 'Neo Shadaloo' as well.

So that begs the question which Neo Shadaloo faction is making Bison clones like the one in the secret lab stage? It's definitely not Ed's faction, and why would JP be making a clone of someone who he clearly deems to be unnecessary in his affairs? Is FANG controlling a faction of Neo Shadaloo too? Where does S.I.(R).N play into all of this as well?

Edited by bakfromon
2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@-PVL93-From my recollection, the remnants of Bison's Shadaloo and Ed's group of liberated Shadaloo experiments are both calling themselves "Neo-Shadaloo". This is confusing beause they aren't the same origanization. Somoene correct me if I've misinterpeted this.

I always thought that JP said "Neo Shadaloo?" in an inquisitive voice to Ed, saying how they'd (Ed's crew) been named, and accusing Ed's group of being directly against their aims. Then Ed says "Sure, we'll take that on (Suddenly we had a name) and give this a go" or words to that effect, meaning they'd take on the name and fight that fight.

Edited by JustBooming

Ed’s arcade story shows that the group that he was gathering didn’t have a name. Those that were still loyal to Bison referred to them as Neo-Shadoloo and were planning to make him take the place of Bison. Of course Ed didn’t vibe with that but still kept the name for some reason. So there’s a few factions out there.

Neo-Shadoloo - Ed’s group of weirdos who releases test subjects from Shadoloo labs all over and directly counter Shadoloo. As of now, there are seven central members including Ed and Falke.

Shadoloo - Now nearly desolate in the wake of SF5, there are still many followers that are still loyal to Bison. The Ruined Lab stage belongs to them.

Terra Network Partners & Amnesia - Two organization that arose after the destruction of Shadoloo. The former is an investment NGO and the latter is a terrorist organization. They are both controlled by JP who despite his connections with Bison, doesn’t have interest of reviving him or Shadoloo.

There’s also F.A.N.G. who is secretly monitoring the remnants of Shadoloo while maintaining the masquerade of being a pharmacist. He mentors A.K.I. and sends her to take care of anyone that steps out of line.

1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

Shadoloo - Now nearly desolate in the wake of SF5, there are still many followers that are still loyal to Bison. The Ruined Lab stage belongs to them.

Pretty sure this group you named "Shadaloo" was the one who actually started to call Ed's group Neo Shadaloo. Ed's group didn't have a name at first. Then, those Shadaloo remnants started to call Ed's group Neo Shadaloo. They started to reunite in Nayshall and to reactivate the Ruined Lab (still isn't known if it's at the depths of the SFV Shadaloo Base or it it's under the Ring of Power stage), where tons of Vega's clones were around. F.A.N.G. pretends not to be part of this, since he's sent our avatar to discover the abandoned Ruined Lab with info from Experimental Lee.

BTW, does anyone knows the condition to fight the female or male test subject in the Ruined Lab? Some ppl seem to face the male, others the female...

8 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

- He said he thought was too soon for Bison (something me and others here thought too), they replied that Bison was planned to release like that long ago and that S1 with characters that interacted with him were supposed to be some sort of opening path for his arrival

I knew it! And the hints they were dropping in game made it incredibly obvious he's coming back. Juri literally tells Chun-Li "if you think the big bad is gone, think again!" (paraphrasing). 

8 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

In particular from how he talked seems this rough vagrant Bison is'nt a short early phase of his SF6 return, but would be his gimmick in this 6th chapter (from how it describe it seems the jap/asian concept of the travelling martial artist. Guess recover his powers/identity will keep him busy and leave no much room to world conquest plotting)

They added to wait and play his Arcade to see what his arc is about (i think/hope in his arcade ending we will see also a preview his new SF6 no-homeless design, wich i guess will be his third costume in 2025)

This is what I always wanted. A Bison story for himself where he get to learn how could a martial artists through sheer will, power, and ambition rise to the top and then set the world on fire! Not just a story where he is an end for others. The guys at Capcom know what's up.

6 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

Like pure evil right? What is this nonsense otherwise? I read someone else mentioning it. The guy can literally nuke you with his CA and Chun-Li is outraged by his immense power in SF6 (this is the same person who saw him in Alpha and 5). 

6 hours ago, -PVL93- said:

Here's the fast version. When Shadaloo fell in ASF, these groups or "remnants" emerged since then from the spoils:

Ex-Shadaloo/Amnesia = Run my JP and has some Ex-Shadaloo elements.

"Neo-Shadaloo" = Ed's group. Note however that this is what they were called by Ex-Shadaloo. Ed did not come to accept this name and branding until after his arcade ending in SF6.*

SiRN = Not confirmed but 90% sure these guys are what remains of SIN - Shadaloo Intimidation Network - Their technology and weapons division. No idea who runs it yet.

FANG/AKI = Unknown what their resources are, but FANG's sole mission is to locate and/or revive Bison. AKI is his ambassador. JP seems to fear them.

*It is implied that JP and Ed's groups merged into a formal Neo-Shadaloo entity. JP thought that by installing Ed he can organize remnants and resources better. The Ex-Shadaloo also wanted Ed to lead.

Going back to your question: No one but FANG is actively trying to revive Bison. Neo-Shadaloo under Ed were likely trying to stop Bison or ensure he never returns. It's implied that the search team that were trying to find Bison disappeared and Falke was with them. The bodies in the lab and the miniature Psycho Drive are leftovers from before. Ed's group are anti-heroes. What happened to Bosch is an example of this.

4 hours ago, bakfromon said:

So that begs the question which Neo Shadaloo faction is making Bison clones like the one in the secret lab stage?

As I mentioned above, nobody. Those bodies are relics from another time. FANG would be the only person interested in making the clones but that lab is dysfunctional and he  doesn't seem interested (maybe he senses Bison is actually alive). That Psycho Drive also fucked up Bosch with a bad transfusion.

3 hours ago, Dragonfave723 said:

My suspicion was always that JP is secretly working for Bison, or at least trying to continue his legacy. He's not Bison's enemy and he's not the type to try to usurp him like Seth. A basic reading of the character is that he is a kind of misanthrope and possibly agrees with the underlying result of Bison's work. This quote could be Bison respond to JP saying something like "I am not your enemy" (which he said to Ed).

2 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

(still isn't known if it's at the depths of the SFV Shadaloo Base or it it's under the Ring of Power stage)

The arms look identical to the Ring of Power stage. Like recycled model identical. However, I think this is another base because datamining World Tour revealed that this base is in the Arctic. So maybe Bison liked to spend money of statues of him in many bases.

3 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Bison's theme

Was fully prepared to hate this, but it's honestly great. SF6's themes rarely hit the spot but this one does it with flying colors.

15 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

We got win quotes:

Ryu & Chun-Li

For some reason his quotes against Cammy, and Ed have been hidden (in English and Japanese). Wonder what's going on there.

Anyway I like Ryu's choice of words there - "defiance". It reminds me of Bison's message to Rose/Menat in SF5.

5pGOE5v.png

edit- 

@Miðgarðsorm@bakfromon

Could you guys kindly explain Akuma's win quote against Bison?

0kQDKHl.png

The google translation is poor. "Is it just cause and effect? Destroy it!"

What is he referring to?

Bison's win quote to Akuma says that their crushing Akuma  made him boil over which could mean anger or excitement (Which sounds like a compliment to me).

Edited by Daemos
7 hours ago, bakfromon said:

So that begs the question which Neo Shadaloo faction is making Bison clones like the one in the secret lab stage?

I'd say it's JPs faction.  Because the lab belongs to the same branch that turned Bosche.

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Bison's theme

*sigh* Crap.

Edited by DarthEnderX
12 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

I'd say it's JPs faction.  Because the lab belongs to the same branch that turned Bosche.

JP didn't turn Bosch. Ed's crew did. They were helping the rebels of Nayshall. Why would JP try to blow himself up. JP only found out about the assassination attempt from your avatar.

2 minutes ago, Daemos said:

JP didn't turn Bosch. Ed's crew did. They were helping the rebels of Nayshall. Why would JP try to blow himself up. JP only found out about the assassination attempt from your avatar.

That doesn't seem to be something that Ed and company would do. Probably F.A.N.G. is behind Bosch's turning and using Nayshall resistance to wipe out JP.

13 minutes ago, Lord_Vega said:

That doesn't seem to be something that Ed and company would do. Probably F.A.N.G. is behind Bosch's turning and using Nayshall resistance to wipe out JP.

JP is not FANG's enemy. They might dislike one another (the way all the Shadaloo Kings did) but he wouldn't go out of his way to try and kill him.

The only other explanation is that Bosch volunteered to be infused (or paid his way through the black market), but did not tell Neo-Shadaloo why he was doing it.

It's understandable that Ed or his crew  wouldn't experiment on people as they are traumatized but Ed would probably understand that sometimes you have to do bad things to do good. His crew are literally all infused with Psycho Power, so they can't be all that good.

Lot of people assume Bison exploded in SF5, this is wrong Bison than not blow up in SF5.  What actually happen is the blue particles were Bison's psycho power being expel along with his memories.  ( Since his amnesiac  in SF6)    What actually exploded  was the base.  I have a theory  Phantom Bison is Bison's expel psycho and memories merge in a sentient being.

Edited by sagatryu
11 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

Nakayama confirmed that SFV and SFVI Vega are the same. It's not a new body. He has the same cracks (right hand and face) as when Ryu defeats him in ASF.

I guess two interpretations of this, one physical/ki related and one psychological/spiritual

- Ryu's ki in that attack had as we know possess a purifying effect on negative ki

Result current Bison got his energies reinvigorated and "cleaned" from the long run negative effects of PP... think at some point his ki has been completely replaced by azure ki

(like here, timestamped)

Spoiler

guess is even possible SF6 Bison woke up in that condition and what we see currently is half-way process of his natural evil personality gradually turning it back purple till one day ideally return 100% purple

One interesting thing here imho is that this shows the link between him and Ed, and may explain why SF6 Ed have part of ki as azure too

Is possible the more Bison recover his "purple" the more somewhere else Ed get more purple too (because Ed does'nt host just Psycho Power but the very essence of Bison, a piece of him), to the point when Bison's purple returned 100% Ed will be submitted and reach that point we seen foreshadowed, making him ready to be the new body host

-The psychological one is more simple

Lost of memory  left Bison his natural "conqueror" character and evil nature, but nothing else

No plotting, no army/weapons, no schemes, no machines to cheat, no shameless tricks, no plans of world conquest that took priority over his fighter pride

Now you just have Bison the fighter and his natural inclination to seek more power

Retun to more primitive "pure" state, to some extent in a more brainless way Necalli was like that

Now we have his quest to find himself and grow in power, would match why in the post i made before they put so much enphasis on Bison's vagrant fighter arc

Even a bit of first option (the ki cleaning thing) may play a role in this, we see how Psycho Power may corrupt mind of the user in the long run, so maybe you were already evil and now you still are, but in different ways.

Recent example we see JP who still is evil but started with certain type of mentality (his disrespect for useless brutality of fighting, fighter pride and all that stuff), then in his arcade ending we see his personality change and aquiring a taste to a more Bison-like love to unleash power

Guess is possible on Bison will have similarbut opposite effect, think if Bison used to be a more pure warrior, evil but proud and in long run PP distorted his character into ignore that pride in order to just aquire more power/win no matter what

Example in SFV ASF Nash beat up Bison, yet Bison laugh about it because he knows the cheating machine will recover his energies and with that unfair advantage he will ultimately win

A more "pure" fighter would be horrified/ashamed by this... and maybe even a younger Bison long ago before years of PP distortion, would have been mad over losing and would have been too proud to use the cheating machine

Would be fun if this vagrant Bison end up return bit to the origins and  disown some of his classic plotting villain habits that ultimately weakened him both as fighter/man and on pratical level (his cheating machine has been turned off, nobody can "turn off" Akuma's power)

But some habits are hard to lose... in fact as soon he woke up he got some new steel on his hands/legs to get help at inflict more damage

08_bison-concept-bnr.webp

Could be just aesthetic, but still, looking at others very best pure martial artists of SF universe, none of them use anything artificial to increase power

So maybe is not much PP "changing" you, but just PP taking worst (maybe even hidden) side of you and expanding it

30 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

I guess two interpretations of this, one physical/ki related and one psychological/spiritual

- Ryu's ki in that attack had as we know possess a purifying effect on negative ki

Result current Bison got his energies reinvigorated and "cleaned" from the long run negative effects of PP... think at some point his ki has been completely replaced by azure ki

If you re-read that section of the interview, the "pure" comment seems to be a joke.

Nakayama is saying that when writing in Bison and his motivations in SF6, they were thinking about whether Bison is completely evil or not, and how to move forward with his interactions. Then Matsumoto (who is a big fan of Bison) responds that "Bison is a pure person". In the interview the interviewer defers Bison questions to Matsumoto, in a cheeky way I imagine, because he is the Bison fanboy present.

It's the equivalent of me saying "Bison is a wonderful man 😍".

There's no mention of Bison being "purified". 

Nakayama did say that he wanted to tone down Bison's psychic interpretation this game in favor of showing off the martial artist within him. He also mentions that we will understand why he isn't teleporting this game when we see his story.

So either Bison is weakened/forgot his powers (seeing that nuke makes me doubt it) or he has consciously chosen to rely on his fists more on this journey.

13 hours ago, bakfromon said:

My 2cent

Are the guys in uniform that hope to re-build Shadaloo owning the lab, but bodies where there from before

They seem to have inferior tech level currently, their stuff is far more amateurish and lab still looks like a mess *

Btw they're same people that still use Shadaloo classic symbol

that are stalking Ed around

that are researching Bison around the world

that in the Lab had other experiments NPCs like Bosch

JP is influencing them, is the one who made them think Ed would be perfect new Leader (because likely he thinks Ed is easy to control)

*in their defence they achieved at least one very powerful fighter filled with PP without become crazy, that Fou-Lu guy

No

And neither JP or the guys i descripted above are trying to blew JP up (in fact they see JP as some sort of advisor/ally and former fellow Shadaloo member)

In Lab Stage mission is possible find data about experiment on Bosch, and we see they're the ones owning the lab

After being kidnapped by Juri Bosch was brought to these people, same way she does with us in Lab stage mission

Bosch was dropped by these people because the experiment went wrong on him and can't control himself, destined to become an useless and dangerous berserk beast (something we seen happening to Bosch)

After become free Bosch took contacts with his fellow Nayshall people of the resistance, who are the ones plotting to blow up/assassinate JP, since JP is the one who took over Nayshall

Now empowered by PP they thought Bosch is now strong enough to win the tournament (that's why he started travel/training to get stronger) and be close to JP who was supposed to put the belt on the Champion

JP saw it coming and gave that duty to someebody else, as further fuck you picking Bosch's sister while at it

JP knowing about identity of his masked assassin enough to know his only family mamber and hire her as final celebrations dancer, shows he discovered the plan with good advance

I guess he knew stuff even before our avatar got caught, is likely we just showed him the method

Wich make us think also why he did'nt even stopped it (he could have made Bosch just disappear) but chosen to let it happen, likely because took advantage from it

Probably be victim of terrorist attack in front of the public solidified his position

In fact we see at Nayshall tournament celebration he still wear foreigner clothes, but in arcade ending he's wearing local attire, possibly even the nayshall royalty cerulean cloth

JP is not FANG's enemy. They might dislike one another (the way all the Shadaloo Kings did) but he wouldn't go out of his way to try and kill him.

JP and FANG have different end goals, they will be direct enemies if one plan interfere with the other

maxresdefault.jpg

In fact AKI has been sent as mafia-like agent to threat JP's life in case he's plotting shit (timestamped)

JP want the return of Shadaloo as organization, not necessary of Bison. In fact he had found crazy the way Bison tried to rule using power (insulting him as a "veritable madman" for trying* ) and will likely prefer Ed (who's leadership pushing for) who could be manipulated into directions and ways he prefer

FANG does'nt even care about Shadaloo itself, he's loyal to Bison

If Bison wanted to destroy Shadaloo FANG would side with him, FANG is loyal to the individual, he's like Dracula's Reinfield

*wich guess is wink at SF Movie Julia's Bison claiming to NOT be a madman

"Something wrong, Colonel? You've come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?"

The only other explanation is that Bosch volunteered to be infused (or paid his way through the black market), but did not tell Neo-Shadaloo why he was doing it.

Bosch was kidnapped by Juri in London in front of our Avatar, as we learn from recent WTM mission she know Shadaloo wannabes lab location and she's paid by them for "experimental meatbags"

5 hours ago, sagatryu said:

Lot of people assume Bison exploded in SF5, this is wrong Bison than not blow up in SF5.  What actually happen is the blue particles were Bison's psycho power being expel along with his memories.  ( Since his amnesiac  in SF6)    What actually exploded  was the base.  I have a theory  Phantom Bison is Bison's expel psycho and memories merge in a sentient being.

That's because people should check old vids before claims 😄 

We see Bison "infested" with hado and his body cracking, then at some point giant chunk of concrete crumble on him from the ceiling, that's last time we see him in SFV

He was likely too weak at that point to break free, but is possible body shows no signs of base explosion (all we see on his body is result of Ryu's attack) because all that concrete worked as a shell

16 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

I think to remember having seen somebody doing it keeping even the crossed arms pose too, but i may be wrong who knows the fuck i think to remember lol

@Miðgarðsormthink to have found two i was thinking about, but neither have crossed arms pose

Spoiler

9Rtlf7.gif

Screenshot-2024-06-12-132549.png

The Kill Bll one likely wink as same shit happening in some old kung fu movie considering what Tarantino was aiming for

Btw you completely sold it to me with that Colonel Van Der Kool one, for sure is from there, even camera angle remind it a bit

Edited by CESTUS III
23 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

JP and FANG have different end goals, they will be direct enemies if one plan interfere with the other

That's a given, but my point was that up until now neither of them are going out of their way to actually interfere with the other. FANG's threat is also a command, since he views himself as #2 in Shadaloo and is de facto responsible for the future of the organization. We know from the Phantom story he was also trying to secure investors from the underworld for his plans.

So I still think their goals mostly align, and they are both working for Bison but in their own distinct and wretched ways (hence why FANG is mad that JP left him out of his plan). To be determined I guess.

"veritable madman"

If you go through JP's story and World Tour he's clearly a fan of Bison, and is trying to see things from his point of view. That's a compliment probably xD. He couldn't stop talking about about in World tour when he was a mentor.

Bosch was dropped by these people because the experiment went wrong on him and can't control himself, destined to become an useless and dangerous berserk beast (something we seen happening to Bosch)

After become free Bosch took contacts with his fellow Nayshall people of the resistance, who are the ones plotting to blow up/assassinate JP, since JP is the one who took over Nayshall

Now empowered by PP they thought Bosch is now strong enough to win the tournament (that's why he started travel/training to get stronger) and be close to JP who was supposed to put the belt on the Champion

Yeah that's makes more sense. Those Shadaloo remnants didn't know what Bosch was trying to do and just wanted meatbags. Bosch bit more than he can chew.

It's been a while, thanks for clarifying.

The Kill Bll one likely wink as same shit happening in some old kung fu movie considering what Tarantino was aiming for

Btw you completely sold it to me with that Colonel Van Der Kool one, for sure is from there, even camera angle remind it a bit

It also reminded me of this scene from Berserk.

2deuux9e3w3c1.jpeg?auto=webp&s=959c8d52e

Seeing as how they obviously take inspiration for Akuma from this series.

I'm really enjoying all the references and research they put into Bison's character. The western elements, the continuing homage to Raoh, everything.

No wonder everyone wants the SF6 glow up for their favorite characters, we truly are in the Capgod era.

Edited by Daemos
On 6/11/2024 at 11:15 AM, CESTUS III said:

Thailand -Sagat (we also seen his head portrait in SF6 sketch black board)

Iran 

Turkey - Hakan

Kenya/Elena

Spain - Claw

😄 

I'm rememberi the flags since they were mentioned here first time and hope that they are a sneek pick indeed. If this theory is true, then I'll be very happy with SF6 for a very long time!

I loved Hakan since he was introdused alongside Juri - an original martial art, visualisation and country!

And a SF game without Sagat and Claw is nothing! I hope to see Mike B. return, too - Ed and the whole Neo-Shadaloo (NS - a shortcut like Nationalsozialismus) crap is boring...

I suppose that with stupid Lilly we won't see T. Hawk in this game. But chances are high for Fei Long's inclusion, as he hasn't been seen since SF4 and is the last one of the "new challengers".

An iranian / persian fighter would be grand. Sure no NS bullshit. More a sexy girl like Pullum Purna from EX or Rogue from PowerStone.

And another dream of mine would be the first street fighter - Joe as a Chuck Norris rip-off. His fights against Fei Long and Mike B. would be epic!

43 minutes ago, Daemos said:

That's a given, but my point was that up until now neither of them are going out of their way to actually interfere with the other. FANG's threat is also a command, since he views himself as #2 in Shadaloo and is de facto responsible for the future of the organization. We know from the Phantom story he was also trying to secure investors from the underworld for his plans.

So I still think their goals mostly align, and they are both working for Bison but in their own distinct and wretched ways (hence why FANG is mad that JP left him out of his plan). To be determined I guess.

Tbh reality is beside the fact he's replacing Sagat, Bison himself never declared FANG as his #2, that was all in FANG's obsession for number "2" and his opinion (correct) nobody else cared about Bison as him.

But reality is when they was about to fight in ASF Bison simply refer to them as "my generals", to him are all same grade

Rog himself in his story does'nt accept shit from FANG, and swing at his face as soon he did'nt liked the voice tone

Vega is even funnier because FANG is totally respectful to him, while Claw treat him like shit, so FANG get mad and challenge him to estabilish hierarchy... and likely lose/or about to lose, next we see FANG admitting to have understimated him and low rank soldier reporting to Vega as if he's highest in the room

I think in SF2 was same situation, the order we thought (Bison >  Sagat>Vega>Rog) was correct but nothing official, in line with Shadaloo philosophy of reward combat prowness

In SFV it's bit confusing, like would bet money on Vega fucking up FANG in direct fight, specially considering unlike most of these that lost vs FANG in SFV (in some cases winning a second clash), he already knows about his poison and in only canon confrontation seems got upper hand

But yes, if we stick to hierarchy unless another General (Vega?) is still active in the organization remnants , he would have rightful claim at be highest currently in charge

Even if doubt JP give fucks about any of that, he had no problem recognize Bison's supremacy but likely give zero fucks about FANG, even if due his non-conflictional attitude he will just pretend to be innocent business partner/treasurer

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

If you go through JP's story and World Tour he's clearly a fan of Bison, and is trying to see things from his point of view. That's a compliment probably xD. He couldn't stop talking about about in World tour when he was a mentor.

I have all masters/bond completed, i think as ambitious man he found Bison's figure fascinating, but at same time was critical of his ways

Call him veritable madman, specially if wink came from the movie (where Bison think to be a god, but end up indeed being a madman) is at same time admiration for what achieved but also extreme mock for his character traits that leaded him to his own fall

There's only one point where he starts to see things in "utterly illogical" Bison's perspective, is in Arcade ending after witness bunch of tournaments... but just few seconds we also see to speak is Psycho Power that's start to kick into his logical brain, turning him into just another hard laughing villain (timestamped)

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

Yeah that's makes more sense. Those Shadaloo remnants didn't know what Bosch was trying to do and just wanted meatbags. Bosch bit more than he can chew.

It's been a while, thanks for clarifying.

Reality is Bosch after getting there was likely just chained to machines against his will

We even see he still got big chains after lab

adef2874a248824eaee75c23f275932624eacee1

but ironically they achieved much faster exactly what Bosch wanted... a way to become stronger fast, not only he got PP but his body got augmented too

Likely his strong will to return to Nayshall and save his sister/people conflicted with PP brainwashing, making him useless for them

For what's worth i still believe at some point Bosch will make it into playabe cast, maybe with red short hair as default look and his old Nayshall early look as "nostalgia alt"

Is possible (i really hope it) Bison's update as first of S2 will be HUGE also in terms of expand WTM and progress story, and one of these things  will be see what Bosch is doing while hiding at Buckler HQ

For what's worth, judging by black area we can currently explore only 1/3 of Metro City

Kens-Location.jpg

without count even in know areas we can't get inside (like giant Masters Foundation building)

Wonder when we can go to talk with the Mayor lol

4 hours ago, martinitolove said:

An iranian / persian fighter would be grand. Sure no NS bullshit. More a sexy girl like Pullum Purna from EX or Rogue from PowerStone.

Tbh i doubt they would play on middle-east sexy dancer figure, for simple reason i think at some point we will get

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9527zv9zbei6sq57pal7im

who already play hard on that imagery, but who knows

4 hours ago, martinitolove said:

And another dream of mine would be the first street fighter - Joe as a Chuck Norris rip-off. His fights against Fei Long and Mike B. would be epic!

Joe would be welcome, but reeeally doubt we would get him playable, would still like see him at least as NPC like we got Retsu

I think of SF1ers Eagle have decent chance to make a cameo, specially considering SF6 story will involve a lot Ken and during difficult times Eagle helped/covered him by hiring him in his company

FdBUbcGaUAUe6Il.png

On 6/12/2024 at 1:18 AM, Daemos said:

JP didn't turn Bosch. Ed's crew did. They were helping the rebels of Nayshall. Why would JP try to blow himself up.

Why would Ed's crew be turning people INTO Psycho Power monsters?  Their whole goal is to help Shadaloo's victims.  Not create more.

Bosch was voluntarily helping the Rebels.  Bosch didn't volunteer for the Psycho infusion, he was kidnapped.

15 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

but ironically they achieved much faster exactly what Bosch wanted... a way to become stronger fast, not only he got PP but his body got augmented too

Yet based on the story, he still doesn't get stronger as fast as the player.

Because secret SiRN Copy Fighter!

Edited by DarthEnderX
12 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Joe would be welcome, but reeeally doubt we would get him playable, would still like see him at least as NPC like we got Retsu

I think of SF1ers Eagle have decent chance to make a cameo, specially considering SF6 story will involve a lot Ken and during difficult times Eagle helped/covered him by hiring him in his company

Joe, Lee and Geki should have questlines like Restu(with Cody, Jamie and Vega's normals).  As should Dean from FF3.

Eagle, like any formerly playable character, shouldn't be relegated to a non-playable role.  He should come back as a real fighter.

Mike should be retconned to have been Balrog the whole time.

Edited by DarthEnderX

Is possible (i really hope it) Bison's update as first of S2 will be HUGE also in terms of expand WTM and progress story, and one of these things  will be see what Bosch is doing while hiding at Buckler HQ

I don't think this is it.

I'd bet on Super SF6 (probably next year) that they will reveal the remaining area of Metro City or a new locale (A major Japanese city like Aoharu City).

I also do think that since Bosch's sister said she feels he's still alive that means he is. He'll return in World Tour but not as a playable character. Certainly not in the next 2 seasons.

I think in SF2 was same situation, the order we thought (Bison >  Sagat>Vega>Rog) was correct but nothing official, in line with Shadaloo philosophy of reward combat prowness

I think FANG was a bit different than the other Generals in ASF, he was running operations and doing things for Bison/Shadaloo. Sagat was like a body guard.

Sure he is the self-proclaimed #2 and probably had no authority over the other generals but he would have authority over other subordinates. Or at least he would think he does.

I definitely remember one of those Japanese SF2 books in the 90s saying that the Kings are ranked by strength, but Bison was stronger than the other 3 combined. So there may be some hierarchy to it.

I do wonder if Bison ever recreated Shadaloo, who would he replace Balrog with. I think Vega and FANG will always side with him.

13 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Why would Ed's crew be turning people INTO Psycho Power monsters?  Their whole goal is to help Shadaloo's victims.  Not create more.

Bosch was voluntarily helping the Rebels.  Bosch didn't volunteer for the Psycho infusion, he was kidnapped.

1- The ends justify the means? Anyway, maybe it wasn't them and maybe the remnants who did that to Bosch had no idea he was planning a suicide mission against JP.

2- It seemed like an awfully specific and convenient kidnapping. Juri traveled to the UK to get this one specific and average kid? The sense I got was that Bosch arranged to be taken in so he could win the tournament and get to JP. Obviously Bosch didn't know what he was really getting into.

54 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Joe, Lee and Geki should have questlines like Restu(with Cody, Jamie and Vega's normals). As should Dean from FF3.

- Yeah, tbh i was surprised we got no Lee in MC China Town,after all they did the retcon of have him as Drunken Fist Master

Lee_Taxx.jpg

would have been easiest time ever make that him was the one to teach DF to Jamie, considering both had link with Yun and Yang too.

Could have been so easy have Jamie asking you to help Lee for whatever he needs

They could have easily used drunk Jaime's moveset (as you say) and add one unique special, like they did for Retsu

- Geki II (1st Geki is dead) may have strong chances if/when Vega become a character (and even more if we get Japan as explorable area like MC/Nayshall)

My headcanon is Vega killed first Geki out of revenge, because at some point Geki beaten up Vega and even injuried his face (latter part being actual canon,as is canon "another assassin" killed him)

Since i love Vega and find Geki boring i like to think the beating happened when Vega was still very green (at least at ninjutsu arts), so by the point he reached greater skill we seen in SF2 he took his revenge

If that's the case Geki II seeking him to avenge his Master would make sense

Moveset wise if you have Vega's base moveset (as you say) his NPC would be easy, maybe add smoke teleport and a shuriken attack

- Joe is easy to integrate, dude is so "fighter" that they can just make us meet him in some undeground fighting circuit somewhere in MC by night, maybe as local Champ

Moveset wise Cody's would be ideal, but if we still don't have him, Terry, Ken or even DeeJay may work as base... give him this as unique special kick

Joe_Taxx.jpg

and we are good
Just to enrich his story would be fun if he tell us he went for a while with "Ghost" as ring nickname, linking him with FFStreetwise underground fighting champion that shared similar look

Spoiler

final-fight-streetwise-20060228005322265

- Dean would be cool NPC, kinda easy to integrate, just like Carlos

His moveset is'nt the easiest to make feel right with avaible cast, but guess giving him one special electric attack would work well as larger guy with Luke's moveset

But MOST IMPORTANT i need dat haircut (and Carlos one too) in my character creation.

1 hour ago, DarthEnderX said:

Eagle, like any formerly playable character, shouldn't be relegated to a non-playable role.  He should come back as a real fighter.

It's time to split what should be right with what's realistic

Just look how many waaaay more important characters will be still missing halfway 2025 when S3 will start, with 4 char apparently being the shit format SF6 apply and imagining game reaching S5 or S6 at very best

Dude have not many chances

On bright side his link to SF6 story may offer him slighty better % than others, but still i would be satisfied see him join as Retsu like NPC... maybe in honor of him being very popular SF1er, they could work a bit on make his stile unique adding the sticks and givin him couple of specials

2 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Mike should be retconned to have been Balrog the whole time.

Yeah, i'm 100% with you

But considering in SFV they had the chance and still they refused to grab it, i give up

At this point wuld just like Mike to be an NPC with Guile stance and punches, maybe with Ed punches replacing kicks, give dude 1 punchy special and we're done

One interesting thing would be use some of his lore in WTM, placing him in a boxing gym in poor area with him teaching kids boxing (fun thing iirc Nayshall have kids, MC does'nt LOL)

For the lulz make him say he have a twin brother/younger brother he don't want to talk about LOL