Stage Select

The NFL Thread: 2024 Offseason: THE DRAFT IS HERE, ATLANTA STOLE CHAD'S PENIX

• Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: 2023 Season - Black Monday Is Here, Coaches "Mutually" Decide To Part Ways With Teams
  • Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: 2023 Season - Playoffs - Green Bay Sends The Cowboys Packing

As a birds fan this has to be the one of the worst collapses I’ve seen in team history. Actually insane how bad we are compared to our record and (on paper) talent.

The time is 10:42pm and by this time tomorrow I’m hoping every coach on this team is gone.

I expected a drop off for the Eagles because they lost their OC and DC but I didn't expect this. I told my co-worker I was taking the Tampa in this game and he was like "they aren't that good". I told him it wasn't about Tampa. Philly hasn't been right all year. I can't fathom why, for the most part. Philly has been healthy this year. It's crazy. If you would have told me Pittsburgh and Buffalo would have been a closer game I would have called you crazy.

48 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Philly hasn't been right all year. I can't fathom why, for the most part. Philly has been healthy this year.

I watched probably 90% of our snaps this year and there is a few things going on. Spoilers for length

Spoiler

* Our team hasnt been healthy for large swaths of the season. Our starting slot corner and LBs (Cunningham and I think someone else) have been injured for like 90% of the season. Slay (our only decent corner) has been out for knee surgery the last month. Hurts was dealing with a knee injury in the middle of the season and while he didn’t miss many games, he hasn’t looked the same mobility wise (Troy said as much last night). 

* Our healthy D players also just have been playing like shit. Some of it has been Howie signing guys literally off the street that I’ve never heard of as LBs and Safeties, and the other part is that a ton of players fell off unexpectedly. Guys like Bradberry (CB), Slay (CB), Sweat (DE), Reddick (DE), Carter (DT), Davis (DT) have all taken a complete dive in terms of production despite all being decent to elite at this same point last year. However, when that many guys are struggling, that tends to indicate…

* Coaching this year has been some of the worst I’ve ever seen in my years as a football fan. If you never saw a birds game from this season before tonight all you had to do watch us lost to the Bucs (and listen to Aikman and Buck call out our obvious mistakes all night) to see bc it’s been the same shit all season. 

Extreme reluctance to run the ball outside of designed QB runs that put our (sometimes injured) QB in danger, doing absolutely nothing to adjust to obvious blitzes (Tampa was blitzing us on ~66% of downs at one point), extreme under utilization of motion, throwing deep balls 20+ yards down the field when we need 2 yards for a first down, calling hyper conservative shit like WR screens (100 times a game) when we actually need big gains to get a first/get into FG range, over reliance on long developing WR routes, playing corners 10 yards off when the opposing offense needs 3 yards for a first, etc etc I could go on. This team got to 10 wins off early season unfamiliarity, ref ball, talent players like AJ Brown and Hurts willing us to wins despite bad coaching, and pure luck like KC receivers having bricks for hands. Anyone actually watching our games will tell you they haven’t passed the eye test since struggling to beat the damn Patriots in week 2.

* Hurts (like many players on our roster) has regressed this year. Way more picks/fumbles, lots of Carson Wentz-esque hero ball, bailing on pockets early for no reason, poor decision making on audibles, and he’s back to staring down receivers and not going through his progressions properly. He not washed or terrible like some of our more extreme fans are suggesting, and he is certainly not being helped by our coaching staff, but he hast looked like the MVP candidate from last year. 

Finally, because we were a 10 win team a lot of valid criticisms were ignored. As mentioned the Eagles were failing the eye test as early as week 2, yet you got the feeling a lot of it was brushed of bc “hey but the won right?”

Nick Sirianni should have kept his mouth shut after beating the Chiefs in a regular season game as if it was anything resembling the SB they lost last year.

Since then they have been in total collapse.

NFCE is complete trash.  But there is nothing better to see than a total collapse from both Dallas AND Philly in the same weekend.  Dallas was the best though because they were undefeated at home the past 2 seasons and got completely EMBARRASSED at home as the 2nd seed by the 7th seed.  And it's even more proof that Dak ain't that guy  The Cowboys are going to be screwed for a while due to finances.  And I am going to love every minute of it.

Edited by purbeast

@VhoziteWhen it comes to Hurts, it's clear that he wasn't healthy this year. I could see that. Not sure what some of your fellow fans are on. Hurts is a leader a the QB position. Wentz was tissue paper soft. I'm sure with an offseason to get healthy, Hurts will be more like 2022 Jalen than 2023 Jalen next season. It looked, to me, like he was trying to put the team on his back, wasn't 100%, and the suspect coaching just compounded things. Also, why Matt Patricia still in the league. I have my issues with Josh McDaniels, dude should NEVER be given a head coaching job, but he's a legit as an OC. Patricia is just trash man. It took that bum 32 to games to get to average yearly win total of Jim Caldwell had as Lions coach.

Incoming mini Dime rant. Jim Caldwell despite one losing season in 4 years at Detriot still averaged 9-7. This winning coach, got fired unjustly from the Lions, and can't get a HC gig and Trash McDaniels got three shots. Caldwell was statistically the best coach they had since their 1957 Championship. Side note: The Lions were no joke in the 50s. :tldr:

@purbeastThis was me during the Green Bay/Dallas game.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Bruh....this skit 😆😂🤣💀

These dudes are hilarious their vids legitimately have me hollering. They have a lot of skits just like this for basketball lol this is the first NFL one I’ve seen lmao.

Hood Olympics 3 and the one about horror movies are classics lol

On 9/10/2023 at 5:30 PM, BR3N7 said:

So far Mayfield I wanted has paid off... Sure it will be a shit season but 1-0 feels good! If Baker didn't throw the dumb throws and go YOLO we might have a QB who can last a few years. My guess we go 7-10 but again 1-0 is nice!

To think my Bucs despite a 80 milly dead cap hit will be in the final 6 teams. Baker can be our QB1 for a while unless he wants to much then bring in Wilson. I really do want Mayfield. I got the Lions winning tomorrow but I am ok with that as we shouldn't even be here.

• Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: 2023 Season - Playoffs -Conference Championship Week!

Jesus Christ that was some of the sloppiest non-Philly playoff football I’ve ever seen by the Ravens tonight. Reffing towards the end definitely feeds the “NFL is rigged/WWE vibes”, but really Baltimore was just bad.

Also I need a Lions upset I cannot watch a Chiefs/49’ers Super Bowl. Absolutely 0 interest in seeing that matchup.

Edit: Already glazing tf outta Reid and Mahomes as if they put on some kind of elite performance when it was mostly just the Ravens offense imploding. Ravens held them to 3 points in their last 9 drives lol

Edited by Vhozite
1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

Jesus Christ that was some of the sloppiest non-Philly playoff football I’ve ever seen by the Ravens tonight. Reffing towards the end definitely feeds the “NFL is rigged/WWE vibes”, but really Baltimore was just bad.

Well those screenwriters better pull out some Vince Russo-type shit cuz the Lions are decimating the Niners. That rushing game is tearing SF a new ass

2 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Also I need a Lions upset I cannot watch a Chiefs/49’ers Super Bowl. Absolutely 0 interest in seeing that matchup.

Edit: Already glazing tf outta Reid and Mahomes as if they put on some kind of elite performance when it was mostly just the Ravens offense imploding. Ravens held them to 3 points in their last 9 drives lol

Ravens beat themselves today with some help from the Chiefs!
Stupid penalties and Flowers getting a cup of KARMA! for taunting like a dumbass!

I hoping Detriot pulls it off because..ugh!

• Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: 2023 Season Super Bowl Week - NFL's Pointless Filler Is Almost Over
  • Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: 2023 Season Super Bowl - Chiefs Win Again....Yay -_-