Stage Select

Fighting EX Layer

If its anything like the beta the game is mad janky. It feels like an indie fighter, if that makes sense. The upside seems to be that if you were a big fan of the SF EX games its pretty faithful to how those played. Or so I'm told.

I disliked the SF EX games and did not like the demo so I'm tapping out of this one. However I like the character designs and I hope the game sells well enough that they can support it past launch. Give people some more of the chars they want over time.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Is it true that this game has really sparse single player content? I hear it lacks an arcade mode.

It's a definite waste of 60 dollars for me at the moment. No Arcade, survival, time attack. Hell you can't even fight a CPU on a regular offline battle. I made a mistake buying this game so soon, but too late now

I'm on the opposite end of things. I never can stay in training mode for more than a couple of minutes. It bores me out of my skull. On those days I don't feel like playing other people, I need something else to do. As someone that's not a fan of the EX series, sparse content won't get me to give the game a shot. I was on the fence about the game. Lack of content is a complete turn off. As much as I hate Tekken, Namco has gotten me to buy a few games in the series due to extensive single player content. I like Street Fighter and the sparse content at SFV launch pissed me off. For a game like FEXL, it makes it a hard pass.

It seems like the unfortunate monkey's paw effect of getting this game but them putting it together via wishes and gumption. With projects like this the single player stuff is always the first thing to get cut/trimmed way the hell down (see: SFV launching with shitty Survival mode and 45 seconds of Story mode as single player content).

Hopefully with some additional time they can add more QoL stuff like that and the characters they've mentioned wanting to add.

10 hours ago, GetTheTables said:

It seems like the unfortunate monkey's paw effect of getting this game but them putting it together via wishes and gumption. With projects like this the single player stuff is always the first thing to get cut/trimmed way the hell down (see: SFV launching with shitty Survival mode and 45 seconds of Story mode as single player content).

Hopefully with some additional time they can add more QoL stuff like that and the characters they've mentioned wanting to add.

Even though I'm unlikely to play it, I'm tempted to pick it up just to support Arika. While I never was an EX fan, I appreciate the fact that the game is essentially a passion project. Oh course the though of contributing in anyway to the return of Area gives me pauses. Seriously fuck that awful character. I'd rather play Tekken than see her ever again.

On 7/4/2018 at 8:27 AM, GreatDarkHero said:

Blair's everything ❤️

I fixed that for you fam. Only woman on the roster worth looking at for non gameplay reasons. I bought the game. BTW I know it's with good reason but it's thinner on content than SFV at launch. Hopefully it sells enough for them to flesh it out.  I fiddled with training mode briefly. Outside of lore and aesthetics, what are the differences between Hokuto and Shirase? Only thing I spotted was Shirase's Raging Demon. Didn't Kairi used to have that move?

Edited by Darc_Requiem
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
17 hours ago, ZioSerpe said:

Has anyone tested how the game's brand new rollback netcode is?

I practiced the game a few weeks and was not into it... but I could change my opinion for netcode.

I haven't played it since launch either.  I tried to give it a fair shot but I remembered how much I don't like how Street Fighter EX games feel. 🤣

14 hours ago, misterBee said:

I haven't played it since launch either.  I tried to give it a fair shot but I remembered how much I don't like how Street Fighter EX games feel. 🤣

I loves EX plus Alpha as a kid, got blisters multiple time playing it on controller. This one, It's just weird.

• 1 month later...