Stage Select

The Samurai Shodown Thread

have it installed on PC at all times so there y'all can just @ me to give mea  whooping whenever.

My saturday gonna be hella busy but I should have time at night. Daughter has a big ballet recital. So realistically I'll end up at home around 9 PM Central? Should be in time to play with you guys unless some stuff comes up.

8 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Haven’t played in a while, but I just rebought this game after seeing the news and sale. I think I’ll be available Saturday night.

Awesome!

8 hours ago, Sonero said:

have it installed on PC at all times so there y'all can just @ me to give mea  whooping whenever.

My saturday gonna be hella busy but I should have time at night. Daughter has a big ballet recital. So realistically I'll end up at home around 9 PM Central? Should be in time to play with you guys unless some stuff comes up.

Ah man I forgot you're on PC. You don't ever play on PS anymore?

31 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Ah man I forgot you're on PC. You don't ever play on PS anymore?

For better or worse, my PS4 been collecting dust in the living room since I switched to PC. I've turned on the SNES Mini I have more than the PS4.

It was a good soldier though. 🫡

29 minutes ago, Sonero said:

For better or worse, my PS4 been collecting dust in the living room since I switched to PC. I've turned on the SNES Mini I have more than the PS4.

Fwiw, I'm generally available to play on PC too.

Shit, if any of the SamSho regulars DON'T have this on Steam hit me up on DMs.

29 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I don't think my PC would run it 😞

Bro you got people running Strive on shit that looks like a 3DS.

We can get you a steam code in the next steam sale and see if it works. Its weird what things end up running well on low power systems.

3 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Bro you got people running Strive on shit that looks like a 3DS.

We can get you a steam code in the next steam sale and see if it works. Its weird what things end up running well on low power systems.

To further your point, the requirements for Samsho aren't that high. Hey @DoctaMario, not sure what you specs are but you maybe okay. The video cards listed in the requirements are low end cards from 2016.

Samurai Shodown Recommended Requirements

• CPU: Intel Core i7.
  • RAM: 16 GB.
  • VIDEO CARD: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB / AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB.
  • DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 3072 MB.
  • PIXEL SHADER: 5.1.
  • VERTEX SHADER: 5.1.
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 35 GB.
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

To further your point, the requirements for Samsho aren't that high. Hey @DoctaMario, not sure what you specs are but you maybe okay. The video cards listed in the requirements are low end cards from 2016.

Samurai Shodown Recommended Requirements

• CPU: Intel Core i7.
  • RAM: 16 GB.
  • VIDEO CARD: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB / AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB.
  • DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 3072 MB.
  • PIXEL SHADER: 5.1.
  • VERTEX SHADER: 5.1.
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 35 GB.

😂😂😂 Yeah, no way would my 2011 i5 Vaio with 6GB of ram and Intel graphics on Win 7 run that

39 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Anyway @DoctaMarioshoot me your Steam ID and you can test it out.  Worst case you'll already have it for whenever you get your next PC.

It's TheDoctaMario I think. But like I said, there's no way it'll run even if just because of the graphics situation.

It WILL run 5 Special if anyone is interested in playing. I'd totally get anybody who wants one a code for it unless people would rather play on fightcade, although the steam/PSN port is better.

Edited by DoctaMario
2 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Wait, so the plan is to play it on pc?
Shit, i don't have it  there, I think 😕

I not sure if I have it on PC, I think I bought when rollback got announced when it was on sale. However, even if I don't I'd rather just buy the PC game than give Sony $80 for 1 year of PSN. 

@DoctaMarioI just sold my old laptop. Or I'd try to hook you up. Only thing I have left is my Intel Arc A770 desktop that I'm not comfortable selling it. While I haven't had any real stability issues. Intel's GPUs still have their quirks.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I not sure if I have it on PC, I think I bought when rollback got announced when it was on sale. However, even if I don't I'd rather just buy the PC game than give Sony $80 for 1 year of PSN. 

@DoctaMarioI just sold my old laptop. Or I'd try to hook you up. Only thing I have left is my Intel Arc A770 desktop that I'm not comfortable selling it. While I haven't had any real stability issues. Intel's GPUs still have their quirks.

My wife has some old work PCs around that probably would work, but I so rarely play on PC other than fightcade that I never think to find them and see what they're made of. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13 hours ago, Reticently said:

I can aim for that, just comes down to getting the kids to sleep.  And JFC today has been travel hell, so hopefully I've recovered by then lol

Yeah I'm gonna have mine too but I'm aiming to have them down before we start. At the very least y'all can get started and invite me if it takes longer than I imagine. #samuraidadlyfe

11 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Not intentionally. Unsure if the regular PS5 comes built with a mic to use..

The icon by your name in game says the mic is off but I heard your voice. I had turn off all the shit they have on by default in the controller and had to look some of it up. Nothing's on now tho

2 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

I dropped this game before season 3 happened. I don’t know what the fuck Cham Cham does.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure there are only like 5 Cham players on the planet, and I'm pretty mediocre when I'm not all caffeinated up lol

16 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

I dropped this game before season 3 happened. I don’t know what the fuck Cham Cham does.

LOL same here. The only time I ever gave her is when we all play and I'm getting better about not forgetting what she does but man, she is one character I can't always put my finger on. You're a pretty solid player

12 minutes ago, Reticently said:

To be fair, I'm pretty sure there are only like 5 Cham players on the planet, and I'm pretty mediocre when I'm not all caffeinated up lol

You're a good player don't sell yourself short

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

LOL same here. The only time I ever gave her is when we all play and I'm getting better about not forgetting what she does but man, she is one character I can't always put my finger on. You're a pretty solid player

Thanks. You can probably tell that the only two characters I have any idea what to do with are Shiki and Kyoshiro, but it’s slowly coming back to me.

Man this game is so fun.

Edited by BornWinner
6 minutes ago, Reticently said:

The new net code is good!

It feels about the same to me but it's still solid

1 minute ago, BornWinner said:

Thanks. You can probably tell that the only two characters I have any idea what to do with are Shiki and Kyoshiro, but it’s slowly coming back to me.

Man this game is so fun.

Yeah I really enjoy the lobbies we have here, it's fun to just get to chil and play a game like this where it's a little easier than normal to switch to different characters and still be able to do well with them. 

Btw your mic is on again. It sounded you had a police scanner going for a while 😂