Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

28 minutes ago, bakfromon said:

If you also noticed the taunt also gives him the double air fireball like Shin Akuma normally has. 

It adds a bit of humor that his true power is only held back by his appetite in this game.

1 hour ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Akuma to SiRN Akuma:

So we'll see more SIrN characters likely Bison or other dead characters?

I wonder if they got the same memories and thoughts that I remember

Spiderman Clone Saga when Ben Reily thought of himself to be the real Peter Parker 

Spoiler
On 5/20/2024 at 8:33 PM, bakfromon said:
  Hide contents

spacer.png

Akuma SGS Bison during SF2 tournament finale confirmed canon!

It's been canon since 1994. 😜

Finally this is solved. If I'm not mistaken, this is the only SF2 ending that was mentioned/shown in SF6 in such straightforward way.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if the suicide explosion will become canon as well... Gouki only KOed Vega and, shortly later the Aftermath trailer happens....

None of the good guys mentioned anything about it (Guile only mentioned the Black Moons incident). Let's see if Vega himself won't mention about it (c'mon guys, it's a given that he will be in SF6 sooner or later). Viper could be another possibility and the other 3 remaining Shadaloo Kings (Mike Bison, Balrog and Sagat. Specially Balrog would mention something about the body hop Vega does... "Where could be a body more beautiful than mine? That's impossible. Hee hee hee!").

@bakfromon or @Miðgarðsorm

Spoiler

spacer.png

Guys, when you have some time, would you mind checking if Gouki mentions entering tournaments (or only the SF2 tournament) in order to find stronger fighters in the jpn version.

Google translate pretty much messes up.

Thanks in advance!

Spoiler
14 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

I have a post on twitter about SF2 is it confirmed now? 

Are we having new info about SF2 tournament and timeline?

Besides the confirmation that Vega got SGS at the SF2 final, only that Retsu trained Gouki when he was pretty young (a kid?) and that Retsu met Ryu (with red hair) in a regular street fight. He doesn't mention a tournament.

1 hour ago, Lord_Vega said:

Guys, when you have some time, would you mind checking if Gouki mentions entering tournaments (or only the SF2 tournament) in order to find stronger fighters in the jpn version.

Somehow, I doubt he uses the phrase "The Street Fighter 2 tournament".

How would you even refer to that tournament in-universe?

4 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

The SF2 would be "The World Fighting Championship" apparently, from Wiki

"The World Fighting Championship is organized by Shadaloo - which now acts in the shadows (in secret). Vega is after Ryu’s body, who defeated Sagat. (シャドルーの暗躍により、「世界格闘選手権」が開催。ベガ、サガットを倒した格闘家、リュウのボディを狙う) from Street Fighter Memorial Archives Beyond the World "

But waiting translation from our guys, i guess indeed Akuma keept it generic* like in the western version and just mentioned he used enter tournaments (it's the illustration to imply SF2 was one of these) to find strong opponents, unless japanese version changed whole piece key is what he was talking about just before, explainin from his pov the difference between a "match" and a "fight to the death"

He basically said to him regular matches (tournament) are not true fights and that realizing that made him quit that kind of shit and seek only fights to the death

*guess Bison was just the strongest he faced during that "tournaments" period of his life (and Akuma has been disappointed by that,think "Arrogant" is for Bison) rather than talk specifically about SF2 tournament as event, also because at least in our version he imply have been in multiple tournamentS

From Avatar pov SF2 tournament is'nt even directly mentioned in the conversation, the illustration seems more like a memory in Akuma's head while talking about tournaments phase of his life

PS: btw that part surprised me because i ever thought Akuma never took part at actual SF2 tournament accepting rules and shit, i was imagining he just went there in Thailand and with disrespect wrecked Bison, maybe even by ambush as in the famous cutscene

New info make it seem has been a regular match

Would have prefered former version i imagined as seems more compatible with the Akuma  we know now, but at least give us one more piece of the puzzle of how his mindset evolved... seems after killing Goutetsu he was'nt necessary in "only fights to the death" mood for fights outside Ansatsuken School (where death was a tradition for the succession) and gave a try to regular martial arts competitions, dropping it as soon he realized to find them a farce

Btw at least help make some sense and give context to what he mean for fight to the death, because took literally he betrayed it lot of times lol... Ryu, Ken, Adon, Gen, multiple times he fought somebody and spared his life

And even more silly, when could have died himself (him vs Oro) they both end up like eh not in the mood to die today, let's call it off

Whole meme of him sucking at murder people because they're all alive 🤣

Seems he's more referring to the mindset/attitude one have when fighting in regulated matches (SF2 "regulated" matches had Vega with his claw lol) that make you sitting on the safe premise win or lose is just a match and your opponent is'nt trying murder you, wich set things on a different level and prevent both you and your opponent to go all in as if was a true fight for survival... ultimate result your opponent is'nt dangerous as he can be, you don't get pushed to extremes so neither you are dangerous as you can be, the fight as a whole is compromised

It's not necessary he must conclude the fight killing his opponent, actually if he have him knocked out at his feet it would be just a pointless execution, add nothing to the fight itself (Gen case is different thing)

Point is fight with murder intent and expect other guy is doing it too

Put in that way not only his perspective make sense, but you have to admit he have a point... i was going to mention how would be different fight some bad guy in a MMA match vs wake up at 3AM and find same guy in your home with coke face, would be huge difference lol

But i think there's much easier example that perfectly express what he mean with "careless"

fencefail3.gif

it's ridicolous hard sport so respect to them, but no way these guys would fight the same if they were using real swords... in that sense original fencing born as self defense art in late medieval/renaissance period wich had "come out alive" as core thing is gone, and its slow transition to become as currently is went through bunch of phases... from mutual agreement duels, to non-lethal duels, to hobby for riches, to sport

Martial Arts counterpart would be light contact point-fighting lol

4 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

I really like seeing the visual of Akuma channeling his Satsui no Hado Ki into flames during his Lvl2 super.

It's interesting that we usually associate Ken with the Shoto wielding fire in their fists. I always assumed that since Akuma could use the Red Fireball he could probably use a flaming Shoryu. In the MvC series he sometimes has a flame effect on his uppercut but that never translated to the main series.

The closest origin I could find to this sort of attack was in Street Fighter Alpha Generations

Although gameplay wise it seems to originate from Tekken

17 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

Yes, he does. More precisely, he says that in the past he forced his way through tournament(s). The Japanese language rarely specifies a plural, so it could be only one or many. After all, in SSF2T he just jumped Bison without any warning, and then proceeded to challenge our character. Not exactly a standard application to a tournament, I'd say...

6 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Yes, he does. More precisely, he says that in the past he forced his way through tournament(s). The Japanese language rarely specifies a plural, so it could be only one or many. After all, in SSF2T he just jumped Bison without any warning, and then proceeded to challenge our character. Not exactly a standard application to a tournament, I'd say...

Akuma tends to force his way into many tournaments.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

2 hours ago, bakfromon said:

It's interesting that we usually associate Ken with the Shoto wielding fire in their fists. I always assumed that since Akuma could use the Red Fireball he could probably use a flaming Shoryu. In the MvC series he sometimes has a flame effect on his uppercut but that never translated to the main series.

Fun thing now that he does the gimmick too, he shit on Ken's fire 😄

Akuma: "Your fist's flame is little more than an ember. Pathetic."

2 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

You think SSF2T intro could be canon in some way (like how he attacked Bison, without the part where fight our char), or just representation of his attitude?

2 hours ago, bakfromon said:

Funny in SF6 comics we got Ken pulling similar gimmick

Not murder, but still he likely fucked up unconscious this russian cousin of TK's Marduck called Boris Gagarin

Divine_Struggle3.1.jpg?width=1280

to steal his place at Nayshall tournament

15.jpg

PS: lol no idea what problem they have with words, in same comic bubble they call Boris "Borris" and Sambo "Sambal"

PPS: That shitty Gagarin being "world-famous" for Sambo skills, R.I.P. my boy Abel 😭

Btw guess devs maybe read this

"Gagarin Sambo Federation has been awarded the first club accreditation certification by the International Sambo Federation (FIAS).

The FIAS said it amended regulations last March, with the aim to introduce greater certification of athletes, coaches and clubs."

22 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

21 hours ago, sagatryu said:

The World Warrior Tournament?

16 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

The SF2 would be "The World Fighting Championship" apparently, from Wiki

"The World Fighting Championship is organized by Shadaloo - which now acts in the shadows (in secret). Vega is after Ryu’s body, who defeated Sagat. (シャドルーの暗躍により、「世界格闘選手権」が開催。ベガ、サガットを倒した格闘家、リュウのボディを狙う) from Street Fighter Memorial Archives Beyond the World "

LOL! I doubt he would call it Street Fighter 2 Tournament. But he could say something like "There was once this World Warrior tournament." Something like that. Although in the western Capcom loves to call everyone and almost every game World Warrior, only SF2 was called like that.

Cestus mentioned "World Fighting Championship". The first time the SF tournaments were called like that was in Fei Long's story published in SSF2 The New Challengers Gamest special  (#108). USF4 also calls the S.I.N. tourney like that, as seen in Poison's prologue.

6 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Thanks @Miðgarðsorm! Exactly what I thought. The wording in the western version lead us to believe that he applied for the tournaments like a regular contestant.

3 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

You think SSF2T intro could be canon in some way (like how he attacked Bison, without the part where fight our char), or just representation of his attitude?

To my eye, both.

At the time of SF2, the japanese materials would refer to Vega as "THE Fighting King". Gouki heard that when World Warrior tournament was announced and decided to see how good this Vega was... Seems the master of Psycho Power couldn't satisfy the Master of the Fists.

Also, there's a catch here pointed by @bakfromon(I really forgot about it):

6 hours ago, bakfromon said:

Not only that, but he would also interrupt fights and challenge fighters who he thinks are worthy to cross fists with him.

The thing here is that not always he kills those fighters. The text in the western version of Z2 mentions that Gouki killed Adon's challnger...

spacer.png

...however in the original japanese text, it only mentions that Gouki simply defeated him (please, correct me if this is wrong). It might not be the case with Vega in SSF2X because he mentions his anihilation move (SGS) and that if you are careless, that would be fatal.

Someone mentioned about the Shadaloo Lab mission. Here's the video about it:

Interesting to see that the clones and Vega's cap are gone....

As of now I dont really take serious old info for something that Capcom still valued and being firmed with from the middle SFV DLC

Since they are inconsistent and conflicted in latest info then tend to be dodgy in the subject matter

They are keeping it straight with Bison and Akuma in SF2 and also the venue now.

But its still unclear who fought who and who beat who and who reach Bison

SF6 gives us 

Goutentou Island is back 

Carlos has no back pain

Gouken is unmentioned and MIA

SIRN Goutetsu and Bison soon? 

4 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

LOL! I doubt he would call it Street Fighter 2 Tournament. But he could say something like "There was once this World Warrior tournament." Something like that. Although in the western Capcom loves to call everyone and almost every game World Warrior, only SF2 was called like that.

Cestus mentioned "World Fighting Championship". The first time the SF tournaments were called like that was in Fei Long's story published in SSF2 The New Challengers Gamest special  (#108). USF4 also calls the S.I.N. tourney like that, as seen in Poison's prologue.

Cool, would make sense Seth to host some sort of spiritual successor of Shadaloo/Bison's SF2 tournament, considering  Seth background

4 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

To my eye, both.

At the time of SF2, the japanese materials would refer to Vega as "THE Fighting King". Gouki heard that when World Warrior tournament was announced and decided to see how good this Vega was... Seems the master of Psycho Power couldn't satisfy the Master of the Fists.

In my mind considering we never got an official SF2 winner i thought canon would be while fighters (SF2 cast) were still fighting their way up to reach finals, Akuma suckerpunch wrecked M.Bison/Vega wich basically left the tournament without a conclusion because you could no longer take the title defeating him

Also on thing ever found kinda hilarious was tournament having a podium, because if the order of shadakings was already estabilished, any scenario would have involved Sagat and Bison taking two podium slots no matter what (unless even shadakings had to fight their way up to the finals wich i doubt) 😄 

Reality is for how was structured SF2 with sub-bosses/boss rather than an actual tournament the rise is more like fight sports ranking, where you can rise up in #number win after win till you're #2* beating second best guy (Sagat) and you earned to challenge the Champion

*or #1 as some count the current champ out of the list so #1 is not the Champ but the #1 Contender

Would be as if Shadaloo own a fight sport federation with Bison#1, Sagat#2, Claw#3 and Rog #4, andd you enter that ladder... but in that scenario podium would have no sense lol 😆

5 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

Cestus mentioned "World Fighting Championship". The first time the SF tournaments were called like that was in Fei Long's story published in SSF2 The New Challengers

Also, there's a catch here pointed by @bakfromon(I really forgot about it):

Not only that, but he would also interrupt fights and challenge fighters who he thinks are worthy to cross fists with him.

The thing here is that not always he kills those fighters. The text in the western version of Z2 mentions that Gouki killed Adon's challnger...

spacer.png

...however in the original japanese text, it only mentions that Gouki simply defeated him (please, correct me if this is wrong). It might not be the case with Vega in SSF2X because he mentions his anihilation move (SGS) and that if you are careless, that would be fatal.

That's cool because would fit the reasoning was making before on what Akuma mean for "fights to the death", where death is not the inevitable outcome but simply a possibility when you have both fighters extremely determined to win(even at cost of kill) or die

It's interesting the fights where death is the expected outcome involved ever high high level opponents... Goutetsu (killed), Gen(spared life, 2nd time killed), Gouken(thought ot be killed), Oro (mutual death perspective), Bison and Gill (both thought ot be killed)

There you ever have had higher level opponent for Akuma that require lethal force and seems simple "defeat" is not considered

He stop fight Gen (SFA) because outcome would be dead Gen

Him and Oro stop fight realizing both would die

It's like fighting with that mindset at that high levels does'nt even consider a lesser option of just "defeat" opponent if you don't want kill him, you stop fighting because it's all out or nothing

Meanwhile lesser fighters example Ken or Adon (or Adon's challenger) from Akuma got a simple beating and really really doubt he had to bother use SGS on them... not because Akuma would lose his sleep over killing them in combat, but because in their case simple punch/kicks (or maybe a special) from his arsenal would knock them the fuck out (KTFO for sport fans😂) without need to use more extreme and lethal stuff

1 hour ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

After fighting SiRN Akuma and getting hit by so many of them, I began to realize how familiar it looked.

That's awesome, great find 👍

1 hour ago, DarthEnderX said:

I'm just glad there's another lvl 2 Super now that's not some weird gimmick move.  I was tired of using Eraser.

Loved Lv2 and also Lv3 because both are things i don't necessary associate with classic Akuma/Ansatsuken moves

Posted (edited)

These are all awesome 👍

Trying to add something, but big stretch so probably wrong lol

Back throw remind me famous portrait on Mas Oyama wrestling the bull and karate chopping it on the head

image-asset.jpeg

since i got no gif, this pro Wrestling game had "Oyama Bull Killing Chop" move 😄 

?imw=637&imh=358&ima=fit&impolicy=Letter

Doppo have a cool Oyama chop too

Spoiler

015-1.jpg

Edited by CESTUS III

Btw i was thinking info posted by @bakfromonabout Bison already give us some stuff to speculate about for his SF6 status

Spoiler

GOKEkeYbcAAEjL3?format=jpg

White hair and tattered clothes make me think may be same body of ASF, and the fact he's still in this rough state despite all years of timeskip guess he woke up from Shadaloo HQ rubbles only recently (maybe Ed's growing Psycho Power is the cause?)

But tbh at this point we knows so little  anything can be lol

Interessing part is why he wiped out Neo Shadaloo agents, maybe he knows NS are being manipulated by JP who may have different plans... FANG is the only true loyalist, JP would much prefer indeed put Ed as leader because unlike Bison he can be manipulated

Maybe the only allies he want with himself in this phase are the SF4 Seth-like clones, kinda like when he went to fuck up Seth in SF4

These (and Bison hat) are missing from the lab stage in the last WTM mission of Akuma patch

This stuff is getting so many factions, all somehow connected:

- Ed's Neo Shadaloo with other lab rejects

- FANG+AKI

- JP's Amnesia + JP's trolling "other Neo Shadaloo" guys

- Seth (likely) controlling SirN and learning new styles data*

- Bison whatever he's doing

*they just got Luke, Manon, JP and Akuma data from the WTM mission, wonder if a SF6 Seth would reflect that in its moveset

I've always been curious about Akuma's POV towards Psycho Power. 

Looking at some of his quotes over the yrs, he seems to hold some form of respect for it.

HD Remix/Ultra SF2:

jMI77hy.png

wQOa3Zt.png

In Akuma's eyes, Bison is just a villain who's been corrupted by his own power. He doesn't see Bison as a "Master" of Psycho Power or anything respectable.

In Alpha 3, he referred to Bison as a fool who can't rely on his own fists. This was after Bison mentioned Akuma would never be able to defeat him as long as he has the Psycho Drive.

When looking at both examples, we can see that Akuma's disdain is more focused on Bison's mentality than Psycho Power.

With the way Akuma scolds Bison for not mastering his Psycho Power in the same fashion that he mastered the Satsui no Hado, he's basically saying Bison could've ended up much more powerful in the long run. 

Oro says this about Bison and Psycho Power:

Fd64--xWQAAUlq1?format=jpg&name=4096x409

"Psycho Power, eh? Impressive, but the way you wield it leaves much to be desired."

In a polite way, Oro is saying Bison's use of Psycho Power is pretty weak.

The concept of getting stronger has always been a thing in the SF world, but I wonder how that would apply to Psycho Power? Bison has always powered-up through artificial means. Whether it was feeding on the anger and hatred of kidnapped warriors to amplify his Psycho Power, the Psycho Drive, utilizing more powerful bodies to handle elevated levels of Psycho Power, or the Black Moons project.

When it comes to characters like Ed and Falke, their Psycho Power seems to grow as they age. In Alpha 2, Cammy's Psycho Power had grown so much that Bison had to insert a Psycho Limiter inside of her body to restrain her power. JP doesn't appear to have any of the negative effects of the other Psycho Power users from what I can see.

Compared to the Satsui no Hado, I'm not sure how mastery of Psycho Power would even look. It doesn't seem like it can be developed in a similar manner. 

SFV:

To Ed: “That power ill befits you, boy!”

In SFV, Akuma seems to think Psycho Power is beyond Ed's scope.

On the other end:

To Falke: “You are not worthy of such power…”

Akuma believes Falke isn't worthy of Psycho Power at all.

What Oro says about Ed:

“You’ve picked up some bad habits, and don’t know how to properly wield your power.”

Oro only makes note of Ed's inexperience with controlling the power.

Now to SF6:

SF6:

To Ed: “Your power exceeds your capacity. It shall only bring misfortune.”

To JP: “You mistreat your power, boor!”

The quote to Ed almost feels like a continuation of his SFV quote. Instead of simply saying he's not fit for the power, he's explaining why the power is bad for him. Basically, his body is at a point where he can't handle it. 

With JP, he just writes him off as a guy who abuses his power. JP obviously has no interest in Psycho Power mastery. He uses whatever amount of power he needs and that's it. He's not interested in developing as a fighter.

Overall, I believe Akuma can see the potential in Psycho Power, but isn't too impressed by its users.

1 hour ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

1- In Akuma's eyes, Bison is just a villain who's been corrupted by his own power. He doesn't see Bison as a "Master" of Psycho Power or anything respectable.

2- In Alpha 3, he referred to Bison as a fool who can't rely on his own fists. This was after Bison mentioned Akuma would never be able to defeat him as long as he has the Psycho Drive.

3- What Oro says about Ed:

“You’ve picked up some bad habits, and don’t know how to properly wield your power.”

Oro only makes note of Ed's inexperience with controlling the power.

4- Overall, I believe Akuma can see the potential in Psycho Power, but isn't too impressed by its users.

1- Yeah what we seen of Akuma through years is the will to elevate himself above SnH influence, trying to become stronger to don't let it take over... Bison just "sold his soul" to Psycho Power and worship it as his own path and look for a body with abillity of host it rather than train to submit it, even up to use external machines to host more of it

Bison accept Psycho Power is greater than himself, Akuma would never do the same

2- Yeah imagine what would think martial arts purist facing a guy who boast about be invincible thanks to a cheating machine 😄 

3- Oro will never condemn a specific type of ki, we seen it explained in the Oro-Sim side story... but still he's giving Ed the "bad habits" advice, just to say current path will do him cause him negative stuff.

I think Oro believe Ed can work on learn to use Psycho Power without have health problems nor change in personality (and i think that too, to begin with his body does'nt seem decay as usual Bison ones)

4- Yeah reality is none of users we seen so far have nowhere as close to Akuma or other elite SF universe Masters level of dedication to use it as martial artist ki

- Bison is the obvious "champion" of it and rely on shit like machines and tricks to boost power... i think it's even implied by skill Nash or Adon would have probably defeated him

- JP seem almost boast on losing fights as use it to show off his philosophy that "strenght" itself it's meaningless to him (actually JP is truly Akuma's opposite)

- Ed is still young and don't know how to use his power plus no idea how good his technique is for SF standards... my guess being Dudley KTFO him in Round 1 lol

- Falke (ad i suspect Cypher) use it more like a soldier using a weapon, but imho she's not THAT great fighter by herself

Btw eventhubs posted whole notes on Bison search including the two missing in previous @bakfromonpost and wow, some possible hints for future

Extra interesting considering i was already thinking Menat in S2 (due recent devs hint) and in some interview they mentioned wanting a philippines rep

26_bison-search-log03.jpg

26_bison-search-log04.jpg

Interesting thing seems Bison "revived" himself the dying horse he's riding

Was thinking at locations, just 2cents theories... but let's assume they're speaking of people owning valuable  amount of Psycho Power

The 6 place may be the result of sum of the 4 holding Bison's powers (Ed, Falke, Cypher, Gorilla*)  + Bosch + Bison himself

*yes, i know "gorilla" is called Baba Mwalimu, but guess Gorilla for this post is easier to follow, sue me lol

I'm NOT counting JP because he's likely the one pushing these researches, plus his location is not a mystery

America = Bosch -> bit a stretch but "not found" may make me think like that. First "America" may make guess Ed since we meet him in MC, but actually they found him there, they just failed to capture him. Also Ed does'nt hide much, just threat them and eventually beat them up

Meanwhile they may have learned of Bosch's survival and chased him till MC, but they never found his current location as he's keeping low profile at Buckler Security training camp hiding in plain sight

Mexico = Bison -> the horse thing link with the Bison-like figure they talk about later, let alone being hint his energy reactivated Shadaloo base's PP. Is even possible that was the evil thing Singing Wolf perceived in Mexico, not Lily's inner spirit/demon... now that i think about it as a shaman he's probably already aware of what's inside Lily, the "new thing" that made him speak openly may have been Bison's awakening.

Also for reasons we still ignore, we know Bison had precedents at mess with Thunder Tribe

Nayshall = Ed -> this may sound strange, but we learned that he's worried about Falke being disappeared with her last known location being Nayshall, so make sense him go there to seek her. Also they mention this individual sharing "same characteristics" as Mexico one (Bison), and we know Ed being the closest to Bison.

Here "not found" make sense, as they found him in MC but may have failed so far to track down his movements and hideout in Nayshall.

Only thing against this theory is Ed currently being still in MC, but guess may reflect a story development we are about to se in S2 WTM big patch and we today still need Ed as Master to keep stay at MC subway till we get new S2 locations/story development

Egypt/Philippines/France = Falke/Cypher/Gorilla (random order)

Here no idea how to guess who is where, but just to add some guesses on that trio

- Falke may have escaped capture attempt in Nayshall and gone somewhere else, maybe not contacting Ed in fear their enemies will find him too

- Egypt may make sense for them, as Menat may be a person able to help them with PP problems (due her SP powers) and already shown  in SFV the will to help Ed.

"Body located/Not functional" may mean (making up wild theories here) one of them reached Menat and she somehow sealed the Psycho Power using her Soul Power... so even knowing the poi location become bit useless if you look at it only for the functional value as PP host

- Philippines "Body located. Head Injuries" make me think at Gorilla, mostly because his power is located in the head/brain, and line afted "body located" in previous case seems a note about possible problems.

Gorilla seems the one that most would suffer the most in terms of special abilities/utility by head injuries

Maybe regressed to just normal gorilla? Lol

- These being the characters does'nt necessary mean them becoming playable DLC fighters, example Egypt trip will imho simply result in Menat jumping in SF6.

Same for Philippines may result in philipino new char, since Nakayama said would like one.

Falke/Cypher/Gorilla may be just around pushing forward story as NPCs just like FANG does (hopefully more interactive shit, want still fight Cypher and Gorilla!)

- Only thing i can think about France is super weak but if they're investigating about JP's plans is possible he had stuff in France too, as his only other known alias beside Johan Petrovic so far is Jean Philippe, wich may hint is possible he pretended to be french at some point. But again, very weak

Posted (edited)

I thought to remember something closer than Katsumi's whip punch, end up dejavu on Akuma Drive Impact where you don't see the punch go and animation is all about afterward recoil probably was his dad Doppo 😄 

SeeKzW.gif

Edited by CESTUS III
Posted (edited)

Vesper's predictions

Elena is a bit of a stretch although her music is missing from the OST. I'd associate Mexico + Psycho Power with Noembelu way before I think of Elena.

Cant believe how many people think Falke will be back. I really doubt it. She's one of the most hated SF characters.

Edited by mykka
14 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

From what I've read, the issue with Elena's music is due to a sample used in the song. The SF4 version of the song doesn't use that sample and is unaffected apparently.

Well then one less reason for her to be the Mexico hint

8 hours ago, mykka said:

Vesper's predictions

Elena is a bit of a stretch although her music is missing from the OST. I'd associate Mexico + Psycho Power with Noembelu way before I think of Elena.

Cant believe how many people think Falke will be back. I really doubt it. She's one of the most hated SF characters.

I think and hope Elena will join SF6, would be first female i add

So would support her be next pick in S2 if i could, but i don't link her to any of current news

I think that story about revive the horse/Mexico clearly speak about Bison (later the "Bison like" figure ride an horse, and when he appear shadaloo base react to him) i did'nt watched vesper vid but if whole reasoning is horse getting healed = Elena, for what we know Bison could have used Psycho Power to achieve it... for sure in not healthy way as Elena could have done but still put it standing and make it live long enough to be used as trasportation tool

I don't believe Falke will/should join SF6, imho her ideal role is as NPC with JP style and just like FANG did in S1 her presence should be just functional to enrich Ed's story

There are so many great females waiting to jump in and we will get like 1-3 each year, depending how they handle seasons, use one slot for Falke seem most idiotic thing they can do lol

I mean i know they spoken of "unexpected" picks for S2 and i'm excited about it because i believe in pick characters that help increase current cast variety even if are'nt most popular (or are'nt popular at all, i don't care), but Falke truly feel useless even at that lol

Holy fuck this was bad and i'm not talking just about art style

Birthplace "somewhere in Asia"... at very least "Probably China" if not straight China would have been more accurate

Meanwhile Capcom... true this was for internal presentation use, but still

32aaoeh9mm391.jpg

Plus bio sugarcoating hard her street activities before meet FANG (iirc something that side-rearder western translation already tried to do to lesser level)

These people are allowed to handle a SF encyclopedia 🤡

3 hours ago, sagatryu said:

That coloring , inking and shading. This can only be the work of one person Gezonman.

Genzoman is  the thing i save the most in that whole pages (meanwhile the ones on the left 🫣), but still feels like a downgrade from Capcom official art, specially considering for once SF6 got lot of beautiful stuff

Unlike SFV this time we have tons of high quality ingame material worthy for pages and pages

Spoiler

sns.jpg

PV4QTBSFHZEOFPCJVN4DOIKEG4.jpg

7affc187b889d76f6294e4e964812233.png

sf6-a-k-i-outfit-3-concept-art-v0-uceuq8

AKI-Illustration-in-game.jpg

a-k-i-s-unlockable-art-from-sf6s-arcade-

dgagi6f-c3a66bb3-4753-40e3-9d03-eb760992

11-aki-birthday-celebrate-sf6t.webp

Street-Fighter-6-A.K.I-1024x510.jpg

sf6-aki-face.jpg

A_Memory_of_AKI-2.pngDev_Art-AKI_3.jpgAKI_Buckler_Face5.pngTamio-AKI.jpg

street_fighter_6_aki_by_cr1one_dfuyt35-p

Would love an encyclopedia done by japanese devs both for art selection and text (with loyal english translation, not "adapt for the west" bullshit)

Not to hate on people doing their thing, but fall to udon standards feels huge downgrade

Posted (edited)

@CESTUS IIIThe upgrade in art from SFV to SF6 is just as substantial as the netcode upgrade. Hmm...that art is 4K. I may have to make "bathtub A.K.I." my desktop background 😉Although, I love my Chadwick Boseman/Black Panther background....but I do have 3 PCs. So changing one of them from Black Panther, wouldn't be bad necessarily 🤔

Edited by Darc_Requiem
5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@CESTUS IIIThe upgrade in art from SFV to SF6 is just as substantial as the netcode upgrade.

Yeah, if we speak about artworks i'm not saying i like SF6 as Kinu+Ikeno stuff of SF3 days, but for sure it's since SF3 days that SF does'nt get this good art selection