Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

4 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

xZ5Kwye.jpeg

Damn, now i want ALL of these artworks for rest of the cast too 🥲

These are just concepts for Luke of course. Interesting that at least 5 of those concepts for Luke are black characters. Regarding the fact the whole game is urban-themed and that they were considering a person of color to be the main character of SF6 is kinda fitting I feel.

Also, the artwork in the second-row sort of resembles Nash from SFA3, the poses are similar.

spacer.png

6 hours ago, bakfromon said:

These are just concepts for Luke of course. Interesting that at least 5 of those concepts for Luke are black characters. Regarding the fact the whole game is urban-themed and that they were considering a person of color to be the main character of SF6 is kinda fitting I feel.

Maybe -beyond try to do american marketing style move-  it's the reason they chosen to use the young black guy of trailers as default avatar option 🤔

To be completely honest while i woul have got zero problems with Luke being black, these designs were kinda weak compared to some others

But may have influenced a bit SF6 Sean look, even if could be coincidence as got similar hairstyle in SFV too

SF6Sean.jpg?resize=492,1024&ssl=1

Btw if they wanted new black american fighter wish they gave a chance to King Cobra, imho one of coolest dropped SF concepts ever

king_cobra00.jpg8c36a314bac5bbf0bfa371ae4889d3db.jpg

Too bad they straight murdered him, Jamie literally took the whole idea of Kung fu+breakdance wich was his fighting style

About Luke concepts my fav was the second line, central position trio with different hair colors, brown hair version on the right in particular

But since i give high priority to the "martial art rep" thing i'm also glad that final design got an attention for MMA that basically all concepts seems to mostly ignore in favor of "young army guy" theme

But probably if they sticked to normal proportions without giant forearms (most concepts don't have that trait) MAYBE we would have got actual cool/technical MMA guy rather than 90% being about him punching hard

There is no chance for a concept character designed by a different artist and scrap to be reused as a new character for the new different team

They like just make something of their own and brand new.

The only thing you can expect is for them to make the same archetype thats the only extent

Posted (edited)
On 3/7/2024 at 1:01 PM, CESTUS III said:

xZ5Kwye.jpeg

Damn, now i want ALL of these artworks for rest of the cast too 🥲

The top right Luke concept has the Killmonger cut. We dodged a bullet everyone 😂Wait Dee Jay costume 3..... 🤔

Edit: Cestus, I just saw something from the Dragon's Dogma 2 character creator.

You have to download this man. I probably could come up with the some decent stuff but the things you could with this thing man. I can only imagine.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
14 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Edit: Cestus, I just saw something from the Dragon's Dogma 2 character creator

You have to download this man. I probably could come up with the some decent stuff but the things you could with this thing man. I can only imagine.

Thanks for your trust, but doubt will touch DD2 for a long time 😁

I'm even in doubt i will resurrect my Elden Ring in time for the epic DLC 🥲

Btw yeah looks great, but extreme over the top body modification and moveset thing imho give SF6 the edge... just wish SF6 editor was more loved lol, from Capcom to begin with 🤣

Guess huge portion of the site dislike it and think it's already "getting too much" but as editor bro you know the pointless limitations and bullshit we have to deal with lol

11 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

I still find it kinda hilarious how out of all the games out there that get our hair right and is bursting with variety, is Fortnite.

Ironic thing is i think SF6 offer good % of black hairs, problem is lot are kinda lame

But that's problem shared by whole hair selection, almost everything is kinda lame/boring (and in some cases badly executed too)

Problem i think is because we will have to wait for the actual cool stuff, be it through collaborations (last anime one gave us 2 of the colest hair option avaible) or because in future WTM will offer the cool ones in a "barber shop" like place where you have to pay (free ingame money) to add actual cool haircuts

Whole SF6 character creation experience is based on Capcom keeping everything basic and limited as possible (up to lock huge % of stuff already ingame), so they can raise the level with least effort possible in future lmao

5 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Bosch concept designs posted by Nakayama.

IMG_6923.jpg?ex=6600ea4b&is=65ee754b&hm=

That's so cool, thanks 👍

In some remind me a bit SC kilik

Spoiler

kilik-soul3art.jpg

Actually this version of Kilik also remind lot final Bosch design

street-fighter-vi-bosch.jpgkilik-soulcalibur6-costume-concept-artwo

Funny thing Kilik was affected/possessed too by Soul Edge power (wich made him super violent and with glowing shit on his body) while being an hero trying to destroy it

kilik-soulcalibur6-concept-art2.jpg

He had a sister (not by blood though) as only person he consider family too 😄 

Btw curious in that phase of his design Bosch had no red in his hair,wich became later a family trait (his sister Yua share it)

Got to admit great trailer regardless me hating Akuma's inclusion (specially as soon as Season 1) lol

Can't wait Akuma to be finally released so we can move on Season 2 and hopefully cast will get cool additions

Few thought/random stuff

- Gokuento stage looks nice location even if not my fav type, hopefully will get it's own flight location/merchant in WTM... wich is likely considering every S1 char had teaser in their own WTM place (hopefully they don't place it in Nayshall caves lol, we ever had confirmation cave was in Japan?)

-I love they made up the red spirit thing, if we are forced to get Akuma, at least invent all possible bullshit to distance him from Ryu/Ken

It's not first time we see something similar in SF6, without count JP's "ghosts" i'm thinking more Dhalsim's golden "divine" hands he have on perfect parry

(time-stamped)

Spoiler

Impressive feat is that Sim who's very specialized on ki control could do for a glimpse to lesser extent and on very specific perfect situation, while Akuma seems able to pull it at will

-If somebody did'nt paused at black and white frames, it shows Ryu's first Master cutscene, with Ryu doing his Shoryuken on a single cherry blossom petal

(timestamped)

Spoiler

Beside hinting maybe Akuma finally consider him ready, what i really like is the symmetry of the two cutscenes

Both go for some sort of "ultimate" shoryuken

Both have a their soul/power taking shape in a mythical figure

Ryu is punching one of the lightest/delicate object, while Akuma is punching one(two) of the hardest/heaviest

Last line is super interesting to me because it sells the dfference of their paths... on surface one could guess Akuma punching the stone is training "harder" wich will result in greater strenght, yet we see Ryu too is flexing hard as fuck (would say even more than Lv3 Shin Shoryu) all the muscle of his arm before punching the petal, guess his focus is deliver the most powerful strike while at same time not destroying the petal itself

Remind me a lot when in ASF he throw an huge af hadouken straight through Chun Li/Li Fen without harm them and at same time destroying all the ceiling pieces that were crumbling on their heads

Also this (completely OT lol)

Spoiler

-With Akuma training on striking giant statues wonder if he have anything to do with the hole in Nayshall's one chest

Screenshot-2024-03-12-032016.png

wich wink hard at

hqdefault.jpg

wich would be fun "coincidence" if we think that even if not canon, that scar is supposed to be caused by Akuma's fist (in Ryu Final manga where is taken from)

- The thing of punch gods statues is not casual, it mirror "fists with ambitions so great, they seek to soar beyond the very heavens"

He does'nt hesitate to desecrate gods statues, as his path is pure blasphemy and that's his challenge to do fucking something about it if they dare to challenge his fist

- If we want give Ryu's cherry blossom importance we may think at Sakura meaning = cherry blossom

Ryu as Master at some point have a line about Sakura that hint something during timeskip years may have happened

"At the time, she still seemed like a child. Before I knew it, she had grown up and ・・・・・・" (その時、まだ子供だと思えた彼女はいつの間にか成長して・・・・・・)

Iirc we got some dev saying Ken have been confirmed to be stronger than ever when fighting for his family, somebody to fight for may be the piece Ryu was missing

Edited by CESTUS III

"It feels like the year passed by very quickly, the development team has been working incredibly hard to continue creating a variety of content, and we've been watching all types of players playing the game on a regular basis. A lot has happened in the last year, and it truly has flown by.

Besides being able to us Akuma in matches, players will be able to encounter him as a master in World Tour - similar to other characters from Year 1. Players can also become Akuma's students and embark on a variety of new missions. In addition, players will be able to visit his Gokuento stage in World Tour. I hope you're looking forward to this, but that's not all.

We're also adding some sound-related features, as well as thinking about events for the Battle Hub."

"Last but not least, we're currently working on Year 2 content and hope you're looking forward to what's coming next."

- Takayuki Nakayama

On 3/11/2024 at 11:08 PM, CESTUS III said:

Beside hinting maybe Akuma finally consider him ready, what i really like is the symmetry of the two cutscenes

Both go for some sort of "ultimate" shoryuken

Both have a their soul/power taking shape in a mythical figure

Ryu is punching one of the lightest/delicate object, while Akuma is punching one(two) of the hardest/heaviest

Last line is super interesting to me because it sells the dfference of their paths... on surface one could guess Akuma punching the stone is training "harder" wich will result in greater strenght, yet we see Ryu too is flexing hard as fuck (would say even more than Lv3 Shin Shoryu) all the muscle of his arm before punching the petal, guess his focus is deliver the most powerful strike while at same time not destroying the petal itself

Remind me a lot when in ASF he throw an huge af hadouken straight through Chun Li/Li Fen without harm them and at same time destroying all the ceiling pieces that were crumbling on their heads

The whole Ryu petal training is a callback to the Nakahira manga and his Third Strike ending. At the beginning of the manga, it was explained that part of Gouken's teachings included Ryu and Ken using their energy to coax a leaf down from a tree and into their hands. 
During the SF3 ending we see Ryu himself saying he's far from even telling where the leaves would fall although he is keen enough to catch a few in his hand by chance.

spacer.png

spacer.png

During SF6 Ryu now has enough mastery to seemingly not only control multiple petals from the tree through his energy, they seem to flow with it as well. 

In contrast to Akuma's hardstyle training which focuses solely on destruction, Ryu's style is more so akin to Gouken's now more than ever. 

Akuma probably knows he's failed in trying to goad Ryu into succumbing to SnH and he's giving up on trying to convert him over and is preparing for their next meeting

8 hours ago, bakfromon said:

The whole Ryu petal training is a callback to the Nakahira manga and his Third Strike ending. At the beginning of the manga, it was explained that part of Gouken's teachings included Ryu and Ken using their energy to coax a leaf down from a tree and into their hands. 
During the SF3 ending we see Ryu himself saying he's far from even telling where the leaves would fall although he is keen enough to catch a few in his hand by chance.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks, had memories of the SF3 ending, but not about that part of the manga 👍

That's definitely spot on!

Speaking of SF anime/manga to some extent SF6 Master intro with silent Ryu training by "just" stand there waiting to reach right harmony then throwing a single  shoryuken remind me also SF2tAM Ryu training, very similar scene too

(timestamped)

9 hours ago, bakfromon said:

In contrast to Akuma's hardstyle training which focuses solely on destruction, Ryu's style is more so akin to Gouken's now more than ever. 

That's why i mentioned how hard as fuck Ryu flex that arm in his cherry blossom SF6 cutscene 😁

I like how rather than go for some cliche where you have hard way physical badass vs spiritual Daniel La Russo wimp, we get hint Ryu's path bring him to find the balance to master both

After all we even see how Capcom increased Akuma's body mass to express his increasing focus on power/destruction, yet Gouken the spiritual bro... was still built as a fucking silverback gorilla on steroids 😆

After all Gouken is our Mas Oyama, and Oyama beside lifting, punching logs and breaking bulls horns also had attention for meditation, that's like how we find Ryu in SF6

ae0e56753c8403c00b7405762b794fde.jpg

Even if to be fair i don't consider Akuma's path void of spirituality... actually his path make him think more about heaven than earth

I think they did great job with first punches of SF6 akuma trailer, the super slow ones. You could see there's the physical conditioning side, but also feels like meditiation

Is just that Akuma vision feels... "limited", as a man chosing to self-blind one eye to focus one the other

9 hours ago, bakfromon said:

Akuma probably knows he's failed in trying to goad Ryu into succumbing to SnH and he's giving up on trying to convert him over and is preparing for their next meeting

Yeah, feel like they settled it well with SFV Akuma story where we seen him developing this decision

"your pure fist of humanity, Mu no Ken and my demon god fist... now heaven and earth, light and dark will clash!"

At first Akuma in SFV thought that was the day to test his fist against Ryu's MnK (and felt kinda disappointed to how low effort victory was*), then realized Ryu (who at that point i think already defeated Necalli and destroyed ASF Bison) is still just working on develop his own path, and realized only way to consider the fight result legit is to wait Ryu to be ready too

Wich is fair if we think despite being much older and accomplished Akuma still trained/evolved between SF4 and SFV, and likely trained/evolved through SF3 and up to SF6

Coolest detail to me was that through the vid Akuma keep call him "boy", yet at the very end of the vid when he declare that will wait he finally calls him "Ryu" as if he just recognized him as worth of true respect

The boy became a man, but now he have to wait the man to be ready... wich i think is where SF6 Ryu is

*the kinda strange part is him in SFV feeling like he had in Ryu's MnK some sort of ultimate test, yet we know there's Gouken's MnK in SF4 wich already proven successful against him... twice as strange if we think his story mode open with him taking on unfinished business of the past with Gen.

Wonder why

Maybe he never had the chance to rematch again Gouken, but defeat a "complete" Ryu who incarnate his teachings would be a moral victory over Gouken's MnK too... after all it's not necessary about the individual involved, it's the path of demon god fist against the path f humanity, to finally see wich is superior and the correct way for true strenght

And Goutetsu was an asshole lol

The day of his death when he seems satisfied with Akuma's embracing SnH path, maybe was'nt satisfied of Akuma himself (if SnH was the right path why did'nt fully embraced it himself as only way) but by the fact Akuma taking that route would in future give one day Anstasuken style the test it needs to evolve

Cray how after all these years we are still essentilly watching the question about who is the true Goutetsu's successor (kinda like good old Hokuto no Ken days lol), with Akuma currently still wearing his prayer beads (Akuma constantly disreprect gods, that object to him is just a declaration to be the rightful Ansatsuken heir)

Maybe reading too much into it but little detail i found interesting now that i think about it is that Goutetsu was portrayed also a bojutsu user (staff wielding techniques)

wich i gave no importance to at first, but now that we go on it's interesting how unlike many other weapons the japanese bo require the ability to use both opposite tips... a bojutsu master is able to fight hitting with both tips, wich is kinda how Goutetsu was able to switch in and out from normal to SnH through fight

This part is missing in Akuma's path, his fist is more like a katana (or to keep the staff parallel, a spear) where only one side of the weapon is the one used to attack... meanwhile we seen Ryu in SF6 handle both (him controlling SnH at begin of Shin Shoryuken)

It's curious if we think watching Ryu/Akuma SF6 cutscenes the Shoryuken seem to symbolize for both respective paths to express Ansatsuken, and kinda like bojutsu shoryuken involve an upper tip (fist) and a lower tip (knee), and in SF6 they gave more emphasis than usual on the knee hit, making it a move that strike evenly on upper/heaven/fist side and lower/earth/knee (...and kinda in the middle with first uppercut)

In japanese martial arts heaven/earth is often used to mean high/low

Very very first definition of SF shoryuken is

Not sure if i'm explaining it well, but what i'm trying to say is that if shoryuken will be the technique used to declare Ansastuken worthy successor seems Akuma who thinks only about heaven and threw away earth (his humanity) already missed the original meaning of the move

ps: is fun at first i fucking hated the knee to be so evident in SF6, because found more pleasant visually the move to focus on the fist only... iirc even debated this with somebody before SF6 launch, not sure if was you or somedy else, we write so much lol

Iirc i was even trying to blame it on camera angle, thought move animation did shit job at show how the chin strike was(or should be in my mind) main focus, while i was wrong and actually even if "uncool" there may be very good reason knee is getting some spotlight too

Now that the move done like that may have a symbolic meaning (that i ever missed lol) for whole Ansatsuken style i can live with it much more lol😆

13 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

This part is missing in Akuma's path, his fist is more like a katana (or to keep the staff parallel, a spear) where only one side of the weapon is the one used to attack... meanwhile we seen Ryu in SF6 handle both (him controlling SnH at begin of Shin Shoryuken)

It's curious if we think watching Ryu/Akuma SF6 cutscenes the Shoryuken seem to symbolize for both respective paths to express Ansatsuken, and kinda like bojutsu shoryuken involve an upper tip (fist) and a lower tip (knee), and in SF6 they gave more emphasis than usual on the knee hit, making it a move that strike evenly on upper/heaven/fist side and lower/earth/knee (...and kinda in the middle with first uppercut)

In japanese martial arts heaven/earth is often used to mean high/low

Very very first definition of SF shoryuken is

Not sure if i'm explaining it well, but what i'm trying to say is that if shoryuken will be the technique used to declare Ansastuken worthy successor seems Akuma who thinks only about heaven and threw away earth (his humanity) already missed the original meaning of the move

ps: is fun at first i fucking hated the knee to be so evident in SF6, because found more pleasant visually the move to focus on the fist only... iirc even debated this with somebody before SF6 launch, not sure if was you or somedy else, we write so much lol

Iirc i was even trying to blame it on camera angle, thought move animation did shit job at show how the chin strike was(or should be in my mind) main focus, while i was wrong and actually even if "uncool" there may be very good reason knee is getting some spotlight too

Now that the move done like that may have a symbolic meaning (that i ever missed lol) for whole Ansatsuken style i can live with it much more lol😆

This is it, and it is because Ryu won't succumb to the SnH in the way Akuma wants he's decided to play Ryu's game and start to take inspiration from him. The thing is when it comes to the Shoryu in canon it was the second most effective move in Ansatusken right below the SGS. Goutetsu didn't ban the move, but Gouken did for himself yet he did teach it to his students as their most potent attack. In canon, the SRK is supposed to be a last resort move which is why both Ryu and Ken have some variant of it as their SA3 & CA .

I understand from the canon of SRK that it by design is meant to kill in one hit.

The SRK was already scientifically proven to have the potential to knock a person's head clean off their shoulders.

What is Akuma doing to the statue in SF6 that he's practicing his Shoryu on?

spacer.png

It's a blatant killing move yet Gouken and Ryu have made the attack just as effective without the destruction and killing through the technique. 

How is the technique performed?

Look at the obvious difference between a Tiger Uppercut and SRK. 

From the initial description of an SRK you would think a style like Muay Thai would benefit from an extra knee strike within the said technique. 

Although, Sagat has always performed Tiger Uppercut without a launching knee like the Shoryu.

spacer.png

Possibly because even Sagat knew that adding such impact without good judgment would probably end in disaster.

The Shin Shoryu in SF6 displays that Ryu launches his opponent with his knee during the final hit and that his fist only initially connects with the jaw and gut of his opponent. It doesn't launch the opponent through his jaw like a typical SRK would be designed to do. The launching action is directed toward the opponent's full body through a knee to the stomach in hopes of a clean KO.

This is in direct contrast to Kage just a game prior in SF5 who would launch a knee in conjunction with his fist connected directly to his opponent's jaw during his Metsu Shoryu. This would probably add more impact to the devastating nature of the SRK in rending a person's head from their neck.

spacer.png

Edited by bakfromon
2 hours ago, bakfromon said:

Although, Sagat has always performed Tiger Uppercut without a launching knee like the Shoryu.

spacer.png

Possibly because even Sagat knew that adding such impact without good judgment would probably end in disaster.

The fun thing is to some extent more than the rising fist is the knee sticked forward as the Ansatsuken trademark, if you see most other "clones" that developed their own version either keep it backward (Sagat, Dan, Luke, Dudley) or don't stick it out (Sakura, who at best use her hip)

Rising_Rocket.jpgSFVKoryuken.jpgAngryChargeTigerUppercut.jpgJetupper.pngShouoken.jpg

Sean is an interesting case

At first he did the srk like his master Ken, but then developed the Dragon Smash wich SEEM to break the form for the forward knee, but if you watch it slow motion you see there's one frame showing on reality he still keept it very similar to Ryu and Ken

Sean_shoryuken.gifdrgnsmash.jpg

Another particular one is Seth, who does it with forward knee as movement, and even switch to other knee to add more strikes

To fit his gimmick of duplicate moves and try to evolve them, he still keept the knee

I agree with you on how Ryu seem to distribute the damage "evenly" through entire figure with the possible intention of neutralize opponent without overkill striking repeatedly on same target, Shin Shoryuken seems to aim the 3 main ki centers, if you watch this Ryu literally goes Middle -> Upper -> Lower

heaven-and-earth-poles.jpg?1658962703

I think you may be spot on on the "benevolent" intention behind it, specially if we consider he know he's using SnH, so given his history with it make only sense he's very careful at not unleash it uncontrolled... he seem confident to be able to "dose" it just enough to deliver powerful strike without murder intention

I'd also point this out about the Shoryuken...

It starts at the solar plexus specifically and goes up from there in a straight line for the jaw. Sagat's scar actually shows why it didn't kill him as a Metsu Shoryuken...it missed and was off-center.

Ideally, a proper metsu shoryuken rips a person open along their median line (where the chakra points lie) from solar plexus to jaw. Spiritually, that much damage should be absolutely fatal and impossible to recover from. It would be like getting split up the middle by a chainsaw at high speed.

An interesting thing to note is the high damage to Sagat along the middle part of his body's chakra points where Emotional Masculine Yang energy is regulated. After this damage to  him, Sagat becomes vengeful and obsessive with his aggression towards Ryu. A disorder of the yang. Neat stuff.

The interesting thing about Ryu's Shin Shoryuken is that it hits the balance point first which lets Ryu specifically target the chin for a knockout blow instead of destroying the persons mid-section. A much more precise hit that is far more merciful.

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

An interesting thing to note is the high damage to Sagat along the middle part of his body's chakra points where Emotional Masculine Yang energy is regulated. After this damage to  him, Sagat becomes vengeful and obsessive with his aggression towards Ryu. A disorder of the yang. Neat stuff.

Cool thought

To support that even before get vengeful/obsessed (SF2) he had a phase of mental weakness/depression (SFA) where he lost to Adon and Dee Jay... iirc at that point was said he did'nt recovered fully, not sure if physically, mentally or both

On 3/12/2024 at 4:08 AM, CESTUS III said:

- If we want give Ryu's cherry blossom importance we may think at Sakura meaning = cherry blossom

Ryu as Master at some point have a line about Sakura that hint something during timeskip years may have happened

"At the time, she still seemed like a child. Before I knew it, she had grown up and ・・・・・・" (その時、まだ子供だと思えた彼女はいつの間にか成長して・・・・・・)

Iirc we got some dev saying Ken have been confirmed to be stronger than ever when fighting for his family, somebody to fight for may be the piece Ryu was missing

Forgot to add how sfv Sakura had something kinda similar going on in terms of energy manifestation 😄 

79b6a82ab0129d9fdca33ecb55cf9158fa02b8c4sakura-sfvae-super.gif

😄

Solid selection, and I'd be psyched to get 6 characters.

Weird though to have Bison and Vega...but then Sakura instead of Sagat for the seasonal Shoto.

"All they said about the new character is they look Middle Eastern or African."

Aw hell yeah!  Gimmie that Killmonger hair!

Edited by DarthEnderX

For @ShockDingoand anyone who can't load/see the image:

Reddit poster, shinvergeben:

March 9th:  Here's your leak: Bison, Vega, Sakura, Rainbow Mika, Elena, and a New Male Character.

Edit- And yes season 2 has 6 characters, but only season 2 has 6 unfortunately for the foreseeable future.

March 16th:  Private discord with a history of leakers and insiders. If you know you know.

The source said that they saw a concept art with all six characters last month. Sakura has long hair resembling Hokuto from the Ex series. Bison is older, "unkept", and with a cape and what looks like "scars or veins on his skin". Vega is back to brown hair. Elena and Mika are "less naked".

All they said about the New Character is that they look Middle Eastern or African.

Capcom will announce them sooner than you think.

Thanks! If this is real, I gotta sit with it, still unsure how I'd feel; I know Bison's coming back eventually, but s2 kicking off with two Shadaloo guys already feels kinda too soon and I again would be unsurprised, but disappointed in SF3 being give less priority.

Edited by ShockDingo
10 hours ago, Dragonfave723 said:

From Reddit. Take this with a grain of salt.

820nsZg.jpeg

Mixed feels about this

One side 6 characters is awesome and should be the standard, on the other they say S3 will likely return to lesser number retardness

On bright side this S2 leave us missing so many big names that make me think we will get at least S3 and S4, specially if after S2 they return to 4chars shit model

Character selection is VERY far from what i would have done, beside Elena being my first female pick that would have been in S1 (or even start cast) if was made by me

S2 and still not Muay Thai rep, SFV retardness again with the risk of S3 being too small to get Adon/Sagat in 😞

Char by char, best to worst

Elena - Right thing to do

Vega - Did'nt had him as needed as soon as possible because there are other chars i need more, but i ever appreciate see him be in

R.Mika - i surely welcome her, but similar argument as Vega

M.Bison - too fucking soon, would have given that slot to one of the many missing chars and have SF6 story breath without have Bison bs again and again as the focus

Sakura - SF fanbase is a fucking joke, enjoy 4th hadoken shoryuken ansatsuken shit while many better and more different characters have to wait 1-2 years or don't make it at all

Btw beside Elena, would change other 4 if i could lol

Separate

New Male - Too soon to speak of course, but glad they're willing to keep deliver new characters, specially if males, since SF6 start cast has been poor at it and S1 was AKI.

Since they say either middle eastern or african, i hope will be african... SF never had male char repping an african nation

Wonder if may get Dambe or Laamb as fight style

22 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Elena - Right thing to do

Vega - Did'nt had him as needed as soon as possible because there are other chars i need more, but i ever appreciate see him be in

R.Mika - i surely welcome her, but similar argument as Vega

M.Bison - too fucking soon, would have given that slot to one of the many missing chars and have SF6 story breath without have Bison bs again and again as the focus

Sakura - SF fanbase is a fucking joke, enjoy 4th hadoken shoryuken ansatsuken shit while many better and more different characters have to wait 1-2 years or don't make it at all

Btw beside Elena, would change other 4 if i could lol

Elena, Vega and Mika are all A+ picks.  Bison is too soon, like you said.  Sakura is what it is.  A shoto every season is just expected.

54 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Elena, Vega and Mika are all A+ picks.  Bison is too soon, like you said.  Sakura is what it is.  A shoto every season is just expected.

Well Elena was my first female pick so glad for it

Vega and Mika as said are characters i like to jump in, simply could have waited them for S3 or S4 and get other chars instead, as i just miss some other characters more

If we want accept a shoto must be in every season (wich there's no reason to be, beside fanbase bad taste) at this point would have much prefered get Sean... but again SF fanbase and their love for sakura, so it is what it is

So, since we don’t have much to talk about and taking as good the leak, what are your story expectations for Season 2 characters?

My 2cents (well maybe 20 cents) based on stuff we know:

ELENA –  Don’t expect much, doubt have much story impact beyond tell us where she traveled (as we know at very least she lived at least in France and Japan).

Would be funny know bit story of her “befriend” Akuma, because i suspect she approached him as if he was a wild lion rather than an human, wich is why she had success lol

Still hope after all these travels she return to her roots because i really want savannah funny stage full of animals, would offer nice change from others we have

Could be fun also see her somehow interact with Marisa’s lion, guess at very least we would get it on win quotes

Imho best story development we can hope from her could be an update about G, since SFV had her, Hakan and Dan as G followers, no idea how much impact will have or if was random though

VEGA – Vega imho is an awesome character that could/should develop his own story arc as fucking psycho without being Bison’s minion, but S2 structure make me fear will just return to be his spy/assassin (no Sagat and FANG downgraded to NPC make me guess he may be #2 this time, deserve it too)

At best imho we can get some of that focus on Vega itself (and of course some Cammy stalking) at begin but his story at some point will bend toward Bison’s return boring shit.

His bond and personal revelations are going to be cool, ever wanted more from him

We may get his childhood, travel to japan etc

We may get him losing to silly Geki (Geki 1) wich is canon, hope as revenge we get also to know that he got a rematch and killed him, because fuck that Vega>>>Geki

Would be also lore compatible as Geki 1

has been killed by another assassin during his activities in Asia

I also think Vega’s claw moveset inclusion will add Geki’s successor (Geki 2) to the game, likely to get revenge on Vega (fuck you too Geki 2)

Guess we will also get NPC Clawdio mask wich is cool af

Very random note, glad they returned to brown hair

Have high hopes for his stage, hope he get crazy luxury spanish mansion full of art

M.BISON – Kinda surprised to read he looks old rugged and fucked up, thought time-skip gave him time to plan carefully a smooth return, but design description make me guess his plan got fucked up by something.

Wonder if Ed developed enough will/mental strenght to prevent getting possessed (or maybe some of that strange azure ki that look may have something to do with it), forcing him to take one of the usual classic clone bodies he ever use.

Of course given we’re in SF6 he will be super charged of Psycho Power, most powerful he’s ever been blah blah, wich would explain why the host shell body is already so fucked up and aged fast… wonder if this time he will have to run fast against body’s decay

Personally as said did’nt want him return so early, but on bright side we may get reason for team Soul Power  to step in, i would really like see grown Menat and Maggio (latter being my last hope of get italian male rep in SF6 lol)

I already have theory Menat might have helped Ed develop that azure ki (SP?) to resist PP

Btw from what we see in some SF6 scenes seem Ed is’nt going to resist forever

Guess we will also see Arcade Ending JP drunk of Psycho Power that changed personality and would probably claim the PP throne, only to be fucked up by Bison because we know Capcom gimmicks and their hate for new characters lmao

R.MIKA – Tbh i’ve no expectations for Mika story wise, we just know she became big star in wrestling world losing her “junior” SFV status, we learn that from SF6 Zangief.

Wonder if they will keep her tag team gimmick with Nadeshiko, i guess no but we will see her as NPC.

Maybe if Mika get her own wrestling stable and gym place, if that’s the case maybe we will see some of these SFV female wrestlers profiles as NPC

Guess we will get american-approved (just like Elena we know already) main design that people will say is so much better, then Nostalgia Alt with ass and boobs full glory in new engine lol… guess SFV one not Alpha one

SAKURA – Only thing i care about her is that hinted possible relationship with Ryu, mostly because i need her to give birth to Ryu’s son for next generation (hopefully she did already so there will not be huge gap with Mel lol)

Her said to have SFEX Hokuto look almost make feel interesting, but her base would still be hado/shoryu/tastu so whatever

AFRICAN /M-E NEW MALE – we don’t know shit, but i would find very fitting if he’s Kolin’s counterpart as Gill fire hand

Would fit the criteria for something opposite/specular to Kolin being white female from cold place, and could open the door to SF3

I literally have zero interest in Bison. Vega is meh to me. Maybe they'll do something intersting with him but not really too hopeful to be honest. Bison, from a narrative stand point, is just over done.  I was hoping we'd finally get some sort of new direction. This makes me appreciate the saga format of the KOF series. Capcom should just, like SNK did in the past, do the ocassional "Dream Match" style game where they go through multitudes of characters in regardless of the story. Having this constant need for Shadaloo has reduced the organization and Bison for that matter to Saturday Morning Cartoon villain status. He just was well be Dr. Claw at this point. "I'll get you next to Ryu! NEXT TIME!" 😑

27 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Capcom should just, like SNK did in the past, do the ocassional "Dream Match" style game where they go through multitudes of characters in regardless of the story.

Nah.  What they need to do is establish some kind of 'spirit realm' that's connected to Ki, so that, even once a character is dead, characters can still have battles with them.  Even if those battles don't take place physically, they can still take place narratively.

Gen's dead?  Chun Li can still have a spirit battle with him.  Guile misses Nash?  Spar with him in the afterlife.  etc.

1 hour ago, Dragonfave723 said:

@CESTUS IIII'm pretty sure that new African/Middle Eastern male character happens to be a Neo-Shadaloo member, Cypher.

That's a possibility given his new SF6 design, sure i would welcome him more than Falke

But would be kinda curious they did'nt noticed him looking like Cypher (be it current SF6 one or white version of SFV), considering for Sakura they mentioned a similarity with an existing char (SFEX Hokuto)... but is also true you probably need to be VERY into SF lore to remember/recognize him

Another thing that make me suspicious on that route is that they don't mention crazy big hair (or knives), and i think they would have mentioned it because is instant recognizable stuff

Like, in previous leak and also in this one they seem to often point at hair (example we know Sakura got long ones and Vega brown) yet they say nothing on new char

Surely i may be wrong but the super generic description we got made me think the char may be more on regular guy rather than freak side of chara design... like he may not be super fat or super muscular or having some very distinctive/bizzarre trait that stand out a lot, because i feel would have been mentioned

Vibes i get from their description is that char have dark skin (but maybe not very dark if they consider ME possibility) and maybe have clothes that put doubt on them about where put him on the map, if african or arab world
For what's worth (nothing lol) and totally random reading description i imagined somebody kinda like Avdol

Spoiler

976266733c961d81ea461f81a1ceef750aa265a9

wich surely helped make me think "this guy may be african/arab Gill fire servant!" lol 😄

2 hours ago, Dragonfave723 said:

And the Iranian flag that is hanging outside Haggar Stadium in WT belongs to him. 

that's interesting, do you know if is possible find whole list of flags?

13 hours ago, Dragonfave723 said:

Here's the image. I didn't took this, btw.

nmA805u.png

Thanks! 🙏

Out of curiosity went there myself, i'm there on WTM

-WARNING FROM HERE POST GET PROGRESSIVELY FUCKED UP 😆-

Beside some new nationalities that indeed match Season 2 leak, is interesting imho also the number of them as some get more than one

To some extent some repetitions seems to match cast we have but at same time we see is'nt a precise system because while example works for China (x2 Chun Li and AKI) or Russia (x2 Zangief and JP), we see it can't work for USA (x2, but we have 4 americans already) or Korea (x2 but only Juri so far) or Japan (x4 but we would be already at 5 with S2)

I like their (people of the pic) idea that repetition is to cover total number of different nationalities of future updates, would cover expanding cast considering some will be from already showed countries

But we get there later...*

Btw

Rashid's Saudi Arabia is missing

Also Jamie's Hong Kong is missing too, but that may be to lick chinese boots, and seems they already did it for Fei Long

If we apply it to Season 2 leak, it's mostly covered

Elena -> Kenya

Vega -> Spain

Sakura -> Japan

R.Mika -> Japan

Bison -> Thailand is a possibility due SF2

New Male -> Iran as you say may do it, but also Turkey can share similar skin color and ME vibes

One curious thing is regardless wich between Turkey/Iran new guy may get (IF he get one of these), other would not be covered by any char "currently"(counting S2 in)

Maybe they forgot to remove one?

*...i counted total of 26 flags for 18 different nations, so from #19 is pure speculation

Just for boredom speculation and taking as good their theory let's try see how many extra nationalities we may get (adding very likely chars->nation maybe?)

Possible Season 2 leak

Wild speculation on chars/nations imho likely or at least possible to make it

1. Japan - Ryu, Honda, Akuma, R.Mika, Sakura, guess somebody between Karin, Makoto and Ibuki have big chances too
  2. USA - Guile, Ken, Luke, Kimberly, think Cody is VERY likely, Rog too if he ever make it, Alex would be super bizzarre if missing, C.Viper too
  3. Russia - Zangief, JP, possibly Necro
  4. China - Chun Li, AKI
  5. Germany - Ed, possible Hugo too
  6. UK - Cammy and i pray for Dudley. Eagle (who help Ken in SF6) and Birdie are from there too
  7. S.Korea - Juri
  8. India - Dhalsim
  9. Mexico - Lily. T.Hawk and El Fuerte from there too. To some extent Mexico is Necalli's place too
  10. Jamaica - Dee Jay
  11. Italy - Marisa can cover also Rose if she returns
  12. France - Manon possible Remy or Abel too
  13. Brazil - Blanka can cover also Sean or Laura (i pray for the latter)
  14. Kenya - Elena
  15. Thailand - Bison? would make sense due SF2 hopefully Sagat or Adon in future too
  16. Spain - Vega
  17. Iran - S2 New guy?
  18. Turkey - S2 New guy? or Hakan (who in SFV became G follower if they want use that, other followers would be S2 leak Elena and Dan who's already hinted to be in MC)
  19. Egypt - Menat imho very likely
  20. Canada - possible rep if Abigail jump in. In theory he would have already a place in MC though as his workshop is a SF6 WTM place
  21. Greece - ?? not sure if we will ever get that confirmation for Urien/Gill
  22. Ukraine - ?? ever guessed was hinted for Kolin, but doubt they would confirm
  23. ...  -
  24. ... -
  25. Arctic circle* - somebody in the thread discovered current SF6 Shadaloo stage is there, and guess we will fly there in WTM at some point
  26. Nayshall? - if Bosch ever become playable

Not showed in WTM flags 

🇭🇰 Hong Kong - Jamie, and possibly Fei Long

🇸🇦 Saudi Arabia - Rashid

*Arctic circle does'nt have an official flag as area

Maybe meaningless but fun thing one item militaristic winter set seem to match one made up flag i seen online, sharing similar six point star snowflake symbol...

Spoiler

unofficial/made up arctic circle flag

v

caacb3b1936266848304e0ffbeae0b50.jpg

SF6 items showing similar emblem

v

https://www.instagram.com/streetfightergame/reel/C1I0XZsCf0f/

Edited by CESTUS III
8 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2024/mar/21/akuma-comic-story-ryu-sf6/

Now that udon shit is canon i'm bit nervous about it, i think Luke vs Ken fight dynamic was handled bit like crap imho

Street Fighter Masters / Legends / Origins are not canon to the games.

Street Fighter 6 comics, specifically the stories written by Nakayama, are canon to the games.

Edited by BootyWarrior
1 hour ago, BootyWarrior said:

Street Fighter Masters / Legends / Origins are not canon to the games.

Street Fighter 6 comics, specifically the stories written by Nakayama, are canon to the games.

2 hours ago, sagatryu said:

That comic is definitely that canon for the games for the fact Ryu has Heterochromia eyes, which makes him Shin Ryu, who of course is a Udon creation

Thanks for fixing my mistake 👍

With "Now that udon shit is canon"  i was thinking at the Ken/JP SF6 chapters, wich iirc are canon but at same time i find it handled badly as some aspects made me think who illustrated it does'nt have much knowledge of SF chars

Good to know if the "masters" thing prevent it from become part of SF6 canon and throw it in "just more udon bullshit" side of things, allow me to just ignore it and move on lol

Due SF6-like designs (and SF6 Akuma DLC timing) thought this one was going to be a follow up of udon being allowed to expand SF6 lore like with the Ken/JP chapters near to game launch

Glad it's not the case, hope that door will stay close lol

Edited by CESTUS III