Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

6 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

I think Bison dying solved most of the Dolls' stuff.

Yeah, that's probably the truth, but while i did'nt got any doubt for other Dolls, i had the impression Decapre with her giant ass face scar as character concept was designed to keep the broken beyond repair thing going on... like she could even become some sort of "good" character, but still bit traumatized anti-hero thing, like colder/harsher Cammy

The art piece made her look absolutely normal girl able to show affection and that does'nt even try to hide her scar (with mask or even just hair)

2c548a9fe6c0f8c24300cb6de4eabb2820c8b79a

But to be fair we knew it (at least she's not trying to hide the scar anymore and trying to adapt to normal life) even before, my fault i forgot to have seen SF6 Decapre earlier

379fb0ce245e28eed736a55345d46ef7.jpg

8 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

The art piece made her look absolutely normal girl able to show affection and that does'nt even try to hide her scar (with mask or even just hair)

There's not much reason for her to wear the mask anyway.  I think Vega was the one that originally made her wear it.

Who makes fun of people's disfigurations these days anyway besides drunks and 5-year-olds?

1 hour ago, DarthEnderX said:

There's not much reason for her to wear the mask anyway.  I think Vega was the one that originally made her wear it.

Who makes fun of people's disfigurations these days anyway besides drunks and 5-year-olds?

Also I think Cammy would want her to fully accept herself and be comfortable, so there would probably be encouragement to not cover up or even growout her hair to cover her face. It's a cool direction to see her just living a normal life and leaving the fighting to Cammy.

2 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Cover scars often is not done by people that fear other people making fun of them, but by people that are not comfortable with themselves specially if there's traumatic past involved

I know irl a person who got very bad burns due cooking incident and when possible she would pick clothes that help her cover everything even if nobody would "make fun" of her

Btw Vega making her wear the mask would be solid choice and even add layers to the moment when Decapre blocked Vega's claw to protect her sister in ASF, it's been confirmed somewhere or is your own theory?

Would make sense btw, Vega is the only high Shadaloo member that would have been bothered by her scar

31 minutes ago, ShockDingo said:

Also I think Cammy would want her to fully accept herself and be comfortable, so there would probably be encouragement to not cover up or even growout her hair to cover her face. It's a cool direction to see her just living a normal life and leaving the fighting to Cammy.

I just did bit digging before this post, on reality Decapre still fight, found confirmation she became a Delta Red member (and some details about their relationship)

"Have I ever told you about my family? Shadaloo created other genetically engineered soldiers, just like me. An abominable act, to be sure. But no matter the circumstances of their births, they're family to me. One of them, Decapre, is my twin sister. The mission she was entrusted with...was my assassination. Needless to say, we clashed on more than one occasion. We didn't exactly have a sisterly bond. Thankfully, Shadaloo's downfall also shattered her brainwashing. She's now a hardworking member of Delta Red. Sometimes, we even have time to enjoy lunch together. We may be siblings, but we're both complete mysteries to one another. Time flies by whenever we talk. Seeing you has brought Decapre to mind as of late. What should we discuss the next time we meet, I wonder..."

That "hardworking" combined with her talents  make me think it's action stuff rather than office role 😁

Wonder how much else WTM Master infos i'm forgetting, i was so focused on unlock everything fast that i likely did'nt gave enough attention to many stories, specially of chars i care about less

Edited by CESTUS III
12 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

@CESTUS IIIbeat me to it. Decapre is in Delta Red but think she does field work like Cammy. It just supposition on my part but I feel that it works best and is also away for her to help build their bond. Before Shadaloo completely twisted her mind, Decapre was the big sister that "protected" Cammy. All the experimentation Cammy went through, Decapre went through first and the results weren't always positive in Decapre's case. Now Cammy be the "big sister". She's already walked the path of that Decapre's started. She can return the favor by guiding Decapre along the way. It's an interesting parallel. 

The one thing I like about WTM is the amount of story that gets conveyed for the main cast. Even though they aren't the focus, that works in their favor from a narrative standpoint. Instead of having to try and weave their different arcs together, like in MK, they can craft separate stories for the cast that only overlap when it makes narrative sense. This works really well in Cammy's case. You get a good sense, at least in my opinion, of what the lives of her and the dolls have been like since the conclusion of ASF. 

Side note: I really get annoyed at people trying to "ship" Cammy and Juni. Cammy views the dolls as her sisters. That's a huge thing for her and it's conveyed quite clearly. Yet people insist on implying a romantic relationship. 

8 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@CESTUS IIIbeat me to it. Decapre is in Delta Red but think she does field work like Cammy. It just supposition on my part but I feel that it works best and is also away for her to help build their bond.

Yeah my reasoning was that unlike Enero, Marz and Aprile who had alternative talents to simple combat, Decapre role was pretty much being a weapon

So i guess her being an hardworking DR member mean she have indeed similar role to Cammy's... espionage stuff (being an assassin she know how sneak into places) and occasionally fuck up/neutralize enemies

Speaking of DR i'm the only pissed that we did'nt got to meet them in Cammy's UK place? Would have been cool see Wolfman and others, hope at least with Ed we will see Falke, Knife and gorilla

8 minutes ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

I feel robbed. I REALLY wanted to see these two animated in anime form.

I....I just don't get it. I love SF6, love WTM & online and the avatar stuff is a fine idea, it's just that they're leaning too far in one direction instead of something balanced. I'm really confused and hope season 2 irons out the wrinkles, cause this is disappointing. I WANT SF6 to reach for the stars, but I'm getting worried. 😕

The 2 new haircuts are pretty cool quality wise, can anybody confirm even who did'nt unlocked the costumes still got the haircuts? 

I unlocked both costumes because at 500DT each they were very cheap (considering also we just got a 0 effort 500DT mission)

This would be great because maybe in future we would get more collaborations were i don't give fucks about the costumes but i will still get new haircuts/body options even not buying anything 

@Darc_Requiem?

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

The 2 new haircuts are pretty cool quality wise, can anybody confirm even who did'nt unlocked the costumes still got the haircuts? 

I unlocked both costumes because at 500DT each they were very cheap (considering also we just got a 0 effort 500DT mission)

This would be great because maybe in future we would get more collaborations were i don't give fucks about the costumes but i will still get new haircuts/body options even not buying anything 

@Darc_Requiem?

At work, I'll check when I get home.

On 1/7/2024 at 8:29 PM, CESTUS III said:

Btw Vega making her wear the mask would be solid choice and even add layers to the moment when Decapre blocked Vega's claw to protect her sister in ASF, it's been confirmed somewhere or is your own theory?

Would make sense btw, Vega is the only high Shadaloo member that would have been bothered by her scar

I thought I remember reading somewhere that, after Cammy's face was scarred, Vega made Decapre wear a mask so the same thing wouldn't happen to her face, but I have no idea where I read it.

Though when they brought her back in SF4, they made it so that her face was already scarred.  So it would make more sense if Vega was covering her face, rather than protecting it.

On 1/8/2024 at 9:05 AM, Darc_Requiem said:

Side note: I really get annoyed at people trying to "ship" Cammy and Juni. Cammy views the dolls as her sisters. That's a huge thing for her and it's conveyed quite clearly. Yet people insist on implying a romantic relationship. 

This is the same phenomena where you see eradication of male friendships by people that insist that it MUST be a romantic relationship. It's generally perpetually online weirdos obsessed with shipping that have no healthy relationships IRL.

On 1/9/2024 at 9:02 PM, DarthEnderX said:

I thought I remember reading somewhere that, after Cammy's face was scarred, Vega made Decapre wear a mask so the same thing wouldn't happen to her face, but I have no idea where I read it.

Though when they brought her back in SF4, they made it so that her face was already scarred.  So it would make more sense if Vega was covering her face, rather than protecting it.

Now that i think about it i had no idea Decapre had scar till SF4, in SFA3 i simply thought they were playing the "masked twin/clone" anime gimmick while hair suggested under the mask she had same face as Cammy

While at it wonder if for Vega has been beating he got from Geki* to made him start wear a mask... i mean, we know concept wise Vega is born as masked fighter (as for the definitive  design they copied a masked HnK char), but wonder if when when they wrote that piece involving Geki they had in mind that

*that one piss me off lol

On 1/10/2024 at 12:34 AM, Darc_Requiem said:

@CESTUS IIIThe new hairstyle was available for me and I didn't buy anything.

That's cool thanks

Make me hope we will get as many anime collab as possible, we will get lot of cool new hair options

Would be great if they start do it on their Fighting Pass too... like they make a Strider themed month, they add the Strider haircut

Edited by CESTUS III
17 minutes ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Would you guys want to see a WT Mode expansion?

Sure.  Maybe after all the DLC characters have been added.

17 minutes ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

And what specifically would you like to see?

Nothing specific.  I'd just want to see something that brings the story to a satisfying conclusion at the end of it's life cycle.

Also, more interactions BETWEEN the SF characters.  Instead of just with me.

Edited by DarthEnderX
9 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Would you guys want to see a WT Mode expansion? And what specifically would you like to see?

I like them to add arcade mode like SF5 but more on reexperiencing Alpha Saga

Like beating Shadaloo Dolls, Fighting Bison and Mini Games base on Shadaloo 

And a proper SF2 definitive canon arcade mode playthrough

That tells the definitive events of SF2

7 hours ago, Dragonfave723 said:

This guy made a thread on X discussing the JP theory, mainly on connections between him and playing cards. 

I wonder if they would make JP a center villain in prior expansion and SF8 or replace again by a new villain

18 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Would you guys want to see a WT Mode expansion? And what specifically would you like to see?

Next Ed and Akuma updates will add very little

At least they will add 2 new locations/stages/merchant, but i don't expect much from these updates

Both will get few side missions, with few new items additions. Not much story progress beside the specific small story  addition to make them join whole story (sure Ed will also enrich what we know about JP's organization, but that's about it)

I think next BIG expansion will be the start of S2, and so will be for each Season

I hope beside story progress (wich will lead to story chapters wich will bring Ken closer to his final revenge on JP), i just want SERIOUS expansion on shops (both cities and regional ones) because the amount of already existing content locked only by devs greed is fucking ridicolous

I hope we will also get new tools to enrich character creation, maybe barber shop (there's one in main square already, but we can't interact with it) to unlock new haircuts and maybe tattoo shop to unlock body paints etc stuff like that

Also extra gadget slot would be sweet, small addition but giant boost to my potential at create shit

But more than everything i pray to get more ways to use created characters, mostly in the way to have them fight main cast (would love option to play regular Arcade mode with it for example, being able to save a "moveset" for a specific model too)

I'm curious about Dan gym too lol, really curious to see what time skip done to him lol

Made some observations in other thread about design/Style, here talk other stuff and brainstorming a bit

Some interesting shit under story perspective, new scenes change some stuff in my mind theory wise

- It's fun i talked in my old posts/theories about JP/NS saying JP would threat Ed & Co as CHESS pieces, in particular how he may treat some important ones as Ed and others as Queen, Bishop, Knight etc but ultimately still see everybody expendable as pawns, because ultimately in chess most important rule is that ANY piece beside the King (JP) is expendable

And Ed close the teaser with "I'm not gonna be anyone's PAWN, you ear me?"

PAWN = ♟️

-Ed is obviously talking to JP (who sent Shadaloo soldiers after him, disguised as MC gang members), meaning Ed "rebel chara design" reason is that he indeed revolting against JP... wich is fun considering SFV hinted Ed was first/most brainwashed

-But can work, let's change shit: previous theory was JP and Ed were Neo Shadaloo

Reality is JP probably is still simply on the idea to bring forward Shadaloo, with his own style but still good old Shadaloo (Ed's opponents still have classic Shadaloo logo on the mask-boxes)

Neo Shadaloo may be Ed's project (involving of course Falke, Knife, Gorilla etc), to leave JP's plan

-Considering we will probably get a stage with Ed (probably Germany) would be cool if we are just seeing the first Master vid where he's in MC escaping Shadaloo, and then next one (second, where following WTM scheme we get accepted as disciples) will be we reaching him and his friends in Germany where they made their HQ and hide from JP

-The SFV brainwashing part can still make sense

Ed distancing himself from JP, but eventually his role as leader of men will fuel the Psycho Power in him and still lead to him lose himself with a worried Falke, just like SFV ending showed us

-If this will end up correct the "Uniform Ed" we seen in SFV (even as standard) canon wise may still did'nt happened despite SF6 time-skip

SFV events -> White Hoodie Ed

Start SF6 -> "Rebel Ed"

Escape from JP, form his own group -> Uniform Ed (SFV one)

But another possility is that JP made him wear the (SFV) uniform, and "Rebel Ed" is the result of him chosing to break free from JP's plan... but i'm more inclined to believe first scenario, also because even SFV standard Ed uniform does'nt have anywhere Shadaloo symbol (feels the Owl idea came later with SF6)

-Interesting part is as we already seen from first artwork even "Rebel Ed" still wear symbols (the owl), wich make me think he's not simply breaking free from any kind of organization, but becoming part of/creating a new one

-Is possible Ed did'nt even "rebel" in the sense he worked with/for JP before this teaser... simply possible Ed is still living free since he left Rog/Shadaloo in SFV, and years after JP/Shadaloo is chaising him as valuable piece

After all it's same way as when he was taken as kid, because Shadaloo saw potential in him

-Maybe Neo Shadaloo HQ is just an hidden place (in Germany?) where Ed and all others can hide from JP/Shadaloo who wish to add them as pieces in his chessboard

Some sort of "sanctuary" for former Shadaloo labs victims

-Ironically if Bosch is still alive as hinted he would fit well there, if he's still contaminated by Psycho Power

-In the teaser Ed is aggressive toward us too, but is clearly first interaction

Guess when will learn we fought JP we would win his trust (and maybe get invited to Germany/NS HQ in second Master vid?)

Edited by CESTUS III
10 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

So...we're supposed to be getting 2 new stages in Season 1.  And neither Rashid or AKI got new stages.

Ed is just fighting in the MC Subway.  Are they just making a subway stage?

WTM Master cutscenes usually are made like this

1- Master introduction

2- Master accept us as disciples (in the location he will be found in WTM)

3- Master celebration/Completed the whole style

This teaser seems clearly phase 1 (Ed seems hostile to us), phase 1 is'nt necessary in same place where the WTM Master location is

Juri phase 1 was in UK (her location is Nayshall)

Juri is most extreme case being in whole different country, but many others had phase1 in different area than final phase 2 location

Story wise Ed may make sense to have phase 2 in completely different place, considering seems he's escaping from JP's men that want capture him in MC

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

Story wise Ed may make sense to have phase 2 in completely different place, considering seems he's escaping from JP's men that want capture him in MC

His stage is just his sleazy MC apartment? 

"Thanks for helping out earlier.  You can sit down over there.  Just move the stack of empty pizza boxes."  😛

Edited by DarthEnderX
10 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

His stage is just his sleazy MC apartment? 

"Thanks for helping out earlier.  You can sit down over there.  Just move the stack of empty pizza boxes."  😛

😆

Story wise could make sense since MC is no more safe, we get in phase 2 a different place (hope Germany) where he and other former Shadaloo lab freaks can stay together

Not only to hide but also to straight offer a resistance as a group against JP's forces

One thing i noticed is that in many cases in SF6 the "power level" seems to have been toned down to more grounded levels*.... like if normally in previous chapters one could expect a legit "SF level" char to destroy LOT of normal or even slighty powered-up humans, now seems they did little step back at that

I'm thinking for example Jamie have bit struggle fighting just 3 of these absolute bum chinatown gang members, one even tank his strikes surprising him lol

Even counting Jamie is still very young, by comparision in SF3 very young, super bum Sean who can't beat no-name tournament fighter was still able to one-shot a formidable and huge fighter (Pulk Hogen, huge wrestler who got his SF wiki page who has been thrown by Zangief out of the ring and causing rampage in the audience)

Or other stuff like in SF6 Udon canon comic Ken being visibly affected by a single normal gun shot to one arm iirc, while previously we would have believed him to be able to be struck by multiple ones and still be able to fight properly... let's just remember how effortlessly  in SFV Chun Li could random kick down a giant metal door heavy as a bulldozer, they were more super hero level there lol

Ed himself in his SF6 teaser seems to have to put some effort to fuck up the 3 shadaloo goons... wich are probably much better than average MC punk, but still no-name bums

He even smart "cheat" using to his own advantage train bumps as openings, as due to superior balance he's the only one in the wagon totally uneffected by train movements

All this make me think in SF6 numbers of minions does matter

So could make sense that if JP is sending hundreds men after him and other freaks, freaks themselves may chose to form a group (Neo Shadaloo) to have a sufficient force to repel big numbers of shadaloo goons and defed their own freedom (would love to see Necro and Effie join them too)

*we still get crazy shit, like SF6 Zangief got his best feat ever forcing a gigantic submarine through insanely thick ice lol

Edited by CESTUS III
  • 2 weeks later...

Items are good, something i can work with 👍

Guess i will able to upgrade my kickboxer CaC

Love we get Captain Commando, think in the long run SF6 will offer nice collection of games

Is interesting we get better look at Neo Shadaloo owl symbol

Curious fact the owl there seem quite similar to another we already have on a WTM item, the golden belt (one of Zangief's disciples)

maxresdefault.jpg

Glad they hint they did'nt forgotten SFV group with Knife and Gorilla, rise my hopes to see them in SF6

Edited by CESTUS III
18 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

*sigh*

Is that a sigh of relief or a sigh of disappointment? 

Also, I remember people having multiple gripes about MK 1 story on this thread when  it came out but nobody has brought up Tekken 8 story?  Is that more or less a good thing?

59 minutes ago, bakfromon said:

Is that a sigh of relief or a sigh of disappointment? 

Also, I remember people having multiple gripes about MK 1 story on this thread when  it came out but nobody has brought up Tekken 8 story?  Is that more or less a good thing?

The Tekken 8 story was absurd, campy, over the top, and had the protagonist use the "power of friendship" to achieve victory. That said, it was very well executed. Namco deserved credit for how they told the story. They focused mainly on one character. They wove  an actual tournament into it that didn't seem forced. Namco even managed to come up with solid, in universe reason, for the goofy Avengers style clash of "armies" shown in the trailer. Heck, they even snuck a Tekken Force mode in. As someone that is not a Tekken fan by any means I have to give two thumbs to Namco for T8. Heck the netcode, provide you set to prioritize the connection, held up well in my limited experience as well.

Side note: The way the story was told should be a blueprint for how to handle a fighting game story with a big roster IMO.

Yeah, I haven't watched the whole thing but Tekken 8 really did things awesomely as Darc said. No spoilers, but the fact that they had certain characters having story related affects on their movements was awesome. I remember back in the 90s when my sister and I played Soul Blade and in Edge Master mode there were certain matches with special conditions (player is poisoned, opponent can only be hurt in air, etc), I'd love to see more of that in story modes!