Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

39 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah, the one thing I figured they'd have in order is their DLC schedule. They got that down like clockwork in the last few years of SFV. Still I'll take a higher caliber game at launch with DLC content issues over a content devoid game at launch....with DLC issues. 👀

The problem is that they could have effortlessly made WTM something that evolve through time without have huge dead time to wait between one char and the other, specially with the weak 4-chars model

There's so much already in WTM that is simply locked

3 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

@Darc_Requiem

Have you bought any of the new items?

I took the golden bomber jacket and the white-azure samurai pants

There are some other i may be interested in, but i want to wait new Fighting Pass first

Nah, I haven't. To be honest, I've been so busy with Baldur's Gate 3, I've barely had time for any other games. I still haven't finished my Phantom Liberty run of CP2077.  I think I may be FINALLY done with all my PC building and upgrading so that'll free up some time. I just have one last thing to iron out in my Intel Arc build. My laptop and main rig are all where they need to be. Although I've been getting the itch to work on my second book....we'll see. I need to get BG3 out of my system though. I've barely touched SF6 since the game launched and BG3 is a huge time sink for me.

On 10/27/2023 at 3:36 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

Nah, I haven't. To be honest, I've been so busy with Baldur's Gate 3, I've barely had time for any other games. I still haven't finished my Phantom Liberty run of CP2077.  I think I may be FINALLY done with all my PC building and upgrading so that'll free up some time. I just have one last thing to iron out in my Intel Arc build. My laptop and main rig are all where they need to be. Although I've been getting the itch to work on my second book....we'll see. I need to get BG3 out of my system though. I've barely touched SF6 since the game launched and BG3 is a huge time sink for me.

Lol SF6 Ed is so far that i should tackle my backlog too... got Ghosts 'n Goblins resurrection,Tails of Iron and Final Fantasy 16 waiting me

So far i'm betraying SF6 mostly with Fall guys editor mode lol

Hey! since it's been quiet I thought I'd throw out this tidbit about what I think might be a design element for AKI

We know that Street Fighter often takes inspiration from fight manga and the best fight manga I've read in a LONG while has a character with some definite stylistic similarities to AKI

https://kenganverse.fandom.com/wiki/Sawada_Keizaburo

Sawada is an effeminate fighter in the Kengan series and I think some design elements were inspirational to SF

spacer.png

I mean...come on, right?? SUPER similar.

On top of Sawada's general look, his fighting style might have been inspiration for another character since it is STRONGLY inspired by ballet

In fact, check out his build and stance

spacer.png

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say there seems to be a lot that might have influenced Manon as well. In fact, visually there's resemblance between Manon's bangs and her...uh...I am not sure what to call her hair tassels that hang down but obviously it is VERY similar to the look for Sawada. In fact, it is like they took Sawada's hair and split it into two hairstyles...one for Manon and one for AKI.

spacer.png

(the aforementioned bangs and hair tassel...things)

So yeah. What do you guys think?

On another note, since you guys all like SF, if you like fight manga in general AT ALL I highly recommend Kengan Ashura/Omega. EXCELLENT series with amazing art.

Edited by YagamiFire

Yeah, i think to remember the Sawada thing was discussed already at SF6 launch, it's definitely likely it played a role... plus we know SF is familiar with Kengan, the manga even made one special with the protagonist dreaming about fight Ryu 

Plus we seen Marisa have many many winks at Baki's Hanayama, so we know SF6 is'nt afraid of go take lot from mangas when developing characters

If you could get a SF6 char heavy inspired from Kengan what would be?

Saw Paing would be my first pick, Leithwei still missing from SF, but real reason is i love the heavy Joe Higashi (my fav SNK char) vibes they put on the char. 

Plus a fast light/medium striker that try to land atomic headbutts would be fun 

Another is Cosmo, the idea of a male small genius submission grappler wearing full grappling gear that rely 100% on technique to win fights in a field where usually we imagine big slow characters would be another cool thing. 

I know Laura's bjj and Manon's judo broke a bit the trend, but would still be something new, specially if they focus on ground grappling (wifh should have been more a thing in Laura's moveset btw) 

Another cool thing is that could be of any nationality, as just like MMA submission grappling is modern and take influences from many places

Last Naidan, just so cool approach at mongolian wrestler archetype, and mongolian char is something i truly feel missing from SF

Edited by CESTUS III
33 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Last Naidan, just so cool approach at mongolian wrestler archetype, and mongolian char is something i truly feel missing from SF

Naidan was one of my absolute favs in the manga so I agree with that big time.

Might also be cool to get someone like one of the Wu or Kure characters and have them utilize SnH like Guihun...while also putting Evil Ryu to rest forever by having that character take inspiration from him and adopt some of his moves.

Having someone like Agito would also be cool as a stance character to replace Gen by having 2 primary styles.

Yeah Agito is another that would translate very well into a SF concept... specially if capcom could make a char with double personality a la dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde that have two stances wich show two radical different personality

We had Necalli and now Jamie that had something that make them go more "wild" but both seem just an extremization of their normal attitude, while Agito switch from the two opposites, 100% cold technical to 100% wild formless 

Another i criminally forgot to add is Hatsumi the floating cloud. 

Damn, he's one that could have been traslated 1:1 and would be an awesome SF char alredy... 

The whole bored/shabby attitude mixed with his immense aikido skills is something i would love to see, even the fact canon wise he's unreliable as depending on mood he may lose with middle tiers then give Agito an hard af fight is very unique  

Plus in some way dude remind me one of my fav HnK char Juza, wich likely is'nt even random vibes as Kengan author imho gave Hatsumi the cloud nickname also as wink to Juza. 

To some extent i think as parallel Hatsumi vs Agito was a much less dramatic version on Juza vs Raoh

Edited by CESTUS III
1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

WOOO New Fighting pass is out, and it's cool af, theme Final Fight!

RIP to Sodom and Haggar?

But that's their classic design, SF6 would have them heavy redesigned... but still

I was cautiously hype....then I saw they were avatar costumes. I don't care about Sodom to be honest but Haggar not being playable in a Street Fighter game is criminal at this point. I mean even Lucia and Zeku got to be playable. 

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I was cautiously hype....then I saw they were avatar costumes. I don't care about Sodom to be honest but Haggar not being playable in a Street Fighter game is criminal at this point. I mean even Lucia and Zeku got to be playable. 

LOL two of my most soughtout character ever since SF5 S1. looks like they deliberate made them not playable to any SF anymore for some reasons haha

I wonder what they do next with Sean the other character that I suspect that Capcom deliberately avoiding to be playable...

My Sodom end up more accurate than this, today i will see if is possible fight off the Haggar's fake suit vibes

Wish they just made pants and belt as a single piece without fake skin

Fun thing i could not name the avatar "Sodom", i had to switch to "Sodòm" because some names censorship despite the fact they even gave pieces to recreate him 🤣

Edited by CESTUS III
On 11/2/2023 at 10:05 AM, CESTUS III said:

Wish they just made pants and belt as a single piece without fake skin

SF6 Haggar 😁

Tried my best to fight off the fake-suit effect

The necklace was supposed to mask a bit the neck suit line, but it move in weird ways without covering much, so ultimately got removed

Gloves solve the hands showing at the wrist the suit line

Most tricky part was replicate skin color on the face (no base color match the suit)

Click to see full size

SF6-Haggar.jpg

My fav screenshot, Haggar about to piledriver a lion

Street-Fighter-6-20231107044547.jpg

For what's worth

Moveset

Spoiler

Base:

Zangief

Specials:

Zangief Double Lariat

Zangief SPD

Marisa Scutum

Kimberly air-suplex

Supers:

Lv1: Marisa

Lv2: Luke

Lv3: Zangief

Edited by CESTUS III
10 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

How'd R.Kelly escape prison!? 

Drive Rush

470px-SF6_Dee_Jay_66.png

7 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

@CESTUS IIIAHHHH! I want that stuff!

And these 3 list possibly still missing pieces from

Spoiler

oar2.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEYCJUDENAFSFqQAgHyq4q

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEmCIAKENAF8q

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

sf6_world_tour_the_watcher.jpg

just to say some, we may add possibly full sets or more pieces from Retsu, Carlos, Rudra, Damn D, Eternity, Fang, Azam

Then add the 99 color variants you can see around but can't currently recreate by yourself

On 11/10/2023 at 2:59 PM, DarthEnderX said:

The dye system really needs to die.  Just let us pick our own damn colors!

Yeah that for clothes (and skin) would be so cool, but sadly it would clash with capcom's greed-based logic

Reality is they want to milk same stuff they already did as "new contents"

Furthermore in the Nayshall arena tournament mission (Rashid update) some opponents had alternative colors of clothes from the hub shop that you can't dye at all

Guess is possible at some point they will unlock a place to dye these too

Edited by CESTUS III
30 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

If Zangief's is NOT his Wreck-it Ralph librarian suit style I'll riot. Alone.
4aee788a0b9a1e6251a5d92efe31d776.jpg

Would be greatand different, after all Standard and Nostalgia ones already cover the Pro-Wrestling side

But i can't deny big one on the left would look great too

sf6-zangief-concept-art-ideas.jpg

But if we watch all past already selected ones (Ken, Deejay, Cammy etc) seems these panel with multiple alt designs never included the "winning" one, so there's still hope for brain-training Gief 😆

21 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

I think it's a given that all the mastery images we get are a preview of alt costumes

For Ryu then we got two possible hints, but i'm not too sold in neither

dg4tsos-30be3bfd-6e72-4906-9625-8ea99709

6e5fe50e23cd6335b077aab20c7c1855.jpg

First is too "casual clothes" for my tastes, second still have the damn beard lol

Hope one of these below will be selected, really like  the second but also first is'nt bad

cool-characters-concept-art-from-the-lat

Btw proof your theory have some ground is Marisa one (white dress)  indeed come from Master images, Guile too have a very close one as far we can see (but in Master he sport usual haircut)

4 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Hoping for this one.  I like casual Ryu.

Half win for me would be a beardless costume alternative than the crap they did with SF2 one, but still pray he get one of these "martial artist" ones lol

4 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

Well all, as of tomorrow I embark on finalizing the loan for the construction of the new home for the wife and I. Wish me luck with all this paperwork nonsense 😂

Good luck! 👍

In January/February we will move into our first home too, delirant months lol

I usually don't do non Capcom/SF stuff beside few selected japanese things, slots are precious and we should stick to holy anime roots against baka gaijin or something

@Miðgarðsormyou need to know you're guilty of this

(click for full size)

Street-Fighter-6-20231113141838.jpg

popeye2.jpg

The moveset crack me up

I had to put the spinach in Jamie's bottle lol

Edited by CESTUS III
6 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Does Devil Inside do anything useful if you don't use any of Jamie's other moves?  Like a generic damage buff or something?

No, as far i know without dedicated moves is purely aesthetic 😆

I just liked the fact it somehow remind the spinachs eating act and you can even go in what seem a powered-up state (you can still go drunk, but you just obtain only that air trembling aura effect with bith of red)

1 hour ago, martinitolove said:

Wow, that's amazing! Thank you so very much! I'll try to translate it with Google lense, as I can't read chinese.

No problem! Though I warn you that the SF mangas are often borderline nonsensical. The KOF Manhua that were made with actual story info from SNK are actually way more coherent. Both have great art though! Enjoy!