Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

6 hours ago, BigMex said:

I think people are reading too much into what I meant. Being homeless does not mean being poor. There are a lot of people in my city that live out of their cars, work 40+ hours a week, and collect a paycheck. They simply can't afford rent, don't have friends, or family to lean on. Or are too prideful, or stubborn to accept help from loved ones. I know Ryu has money. For decades I was pretty sure that he had a credit card, and cash hidden in his duffel bag. SF6 confirmed that Ken had made sure he was taken care of. When I said Ryu was homeless I meant that he literally lived out of his bag the majority of the year. He chose this path, he could have stayed at his master's temple, and trained in privacy. But he actively sought out the challenge, even if it meant sleeping rough most of his life. 

Yeah, that's true

He's used to rough conditions, but key point i was saying is that he does it by choice, he's not poor or homeless... wich is some misconception the fanbase pushed for long time lol

Ryu would have the money to rent even a very good place to sleep, but would likely just opt for simple modest one as he does'nt look for luxury/comfort

Edited by CESTUS III
1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

I love how they handle AKI as a proper poison user,  while FANG in SFV felt like he just had a generic corrosive substance toxic for humans

They've clearly learned from the problems with F.A.N.G.'s poison implementation. The "retribution" mechanic, Toxic Blossom, gives people an incentive to actually avoid being poisoned. With F.A.N.G. you just walked through it and smacked him upside the head. 

Edit: I mentioned licensing issues earlier in regards to guest characters. I recent example is Namco porting Broken Destiny instead of SCIV because of the otherwise they'd have to pay Disney to re-license the Star Wars characters. It's basically the reason Broken Destiny existed in the first place. They wanted to bring SCIV to PSP but didn't want to pay for the Star Wars license. I'd bet Kratos will be missing from the HD port as well for a similar reason.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Edit: I mentioned licensing issues earlier in regards to guest characters. I recent example is Namco porting Broken Destiny instead of SCIV because of the otherwise they'd have to pay Disney to re-license the Star Wars characters. It's basically the reason Broken Destiny existed in the first place. They wanted to bring SCIV to PSP but didn't want to pay for the Star Wars license. I'd bet Kratos will be missing from the HD port as well for a similar reason.

Fun thing back then i was pissed PSP people were getting Kratos wich was much better/fitting guest characters than sci-fi  SW shit that ruined muh SC game atmosphere 😆

We have another group of 4 getting third alt, we're at 8 with Deejay, Juri, Guile and Marisa already revealed

Add my 2cents too

22_sf6costumes01.jpg

KEN - ElitismKen to counter default HoboKen lmao. Overall i dig it, bring almost Tekken vibes. We get hint Masters family is into freemason shit too (the M is made of two compass, and in another version even have the square). Not too sold of hair/lil beard that make him look like some damn Maximilian Dood, but overall i like it and give me something to use if i get bored of SF2 alt. Looks cool, works better than default for a legit "timeskip Ken" to place next to SF6 Ryu. 7.5/10

22_sf6costumes02.jpg

LILY - Mariachi look just to scream in your face she's mexican from Mexico, because that's how SF world work and i love it. They even went for flag colors lol. Having many moving elements bet will work pretty funny with her animations. 7/10

22_sf6costumes03.jpg

CAMMY - That's pretty good, i love they picked again red hood Cammy from SF2tAM, and i appreciate also they tried to modernize it  a bit, give me vibes of an edgy anime look (and Ragna from BlazBlue lol) that will fit perfectly with Cammy's dynamic/cool movements. 8/10

22_sf6costumes04.jpg

LUKE - Infamous SFVLuke is maybe going to get the most hate, but to me it's the best addition of the bunch. I ever want  SF chars to get at least an alt that represent the martial art they bring to SF, and this is perfect at rep MMA figther look (while default was just gym training and alt casual/army clothes), will also work 100% perfect on MMA stage make it essentially his official stage (MMA cage even have Buckler as sponsor). Have faith new engine/style will make his hair look much less retard than SFV version, hope they tone down the silly tattoos. 9/10

Overall i like these bit more than previous group showed, wich was already good

Still need them to give me Ryu alt i like because i'm not sold on default beard old Ryu and the execution of his SF2 alt is atrocious lmao

Hope we get these 8 all at same time and not 4 -> 4

Biker Ken is pretty cool.  At least it's not a cowboy.

Lily looks good.  Though the sombrero is a bit much.

The Cammy one looks great, but it is just her main outfit a longer jacket and hood.

SF5 Luke is what it is...lame, but expected.

5 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Not too sold of hair/lil beard that make him look like some damn Maximilian Dood

He said, as if that was a bad thing.

Needs glasses though to be a true Max alt.

Edited by DarthEnderX
1 hour ago, BigMex said:

A couple of the plastic bins I store my fighting game collection was starting to warp in the heat, and pressure in the garage. I moved a couple of boxes indoors and took pictures of a few things. Collectors of the old school might like to see some things going back to 1991. 

Man that collection is LEGIT!

When I am done building the house I will post up a shot of my book collection when it's unpacked

I'm STILL trying to find someone I can send my extra copy of King of Fighters: Saga of Nests Part 2 to so it can be scanned for posterity. The book is rare AF and no scans exist of it online. I want to make sure it can be saved forever digitally

Edited by YagamiFire

I did a writeup of the Garou manhua (Chinese comics) series on my blog.

I was running low on drawer space as I move my fighting book collection from the garage. I was able to squeeze in the mahua set for Garou Mark of the Wolves, King of Fighters 2003, SVC Chaos, and an art book as well. I have a ton of Street Fighter manhua in the garage still, as well as some Tekken, and Dino Crisis as well. One of these days I'll get my hands on the Buriki One manhua.

Edited by BigMex
updated Twitter URL

I cleared out one of the cabinets and moved all of the art books, and game guides into it. The back row are all the books from the drawers minus one that I let my friend borrow. The front row are assorted magazines, a folder with a bunch of posters, and my Secret Files. Now I have more room to put more game comics in the drawers. I'll see what progress I can make tomorrow. 

Almost there

Lol i'm more hyped for changes in WTM than Aki itself 🤣

Btw currently hunting this shit

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LQ6AAxfFMV7F6xboVTKT52DxG-SK8AaJ6qS0z4qWRWs/edit#gid=1452948635&range=B55

Also if anybody have this

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LQ6AAxfFMV7F6xboVTKT52DxG-SK8AaJ6qS0z4qWRWs/edit#gid=608222187&range=B91

consider himself lucky because piece currently seem to have a problem that make it apparently impossible to get after some point

A.K.I. win quotes:

Aki to Luke: “Hm, you’re a strong one. I’ll have to up the dosage next time.”

Luke to Aki: “Yo what, did you say POISON? Do you think we can uh, not use that?”

AKI: “A herbal drink that controls your energy? I’d love to know what it’s made of.”

Jamie to AKI: “An assassin, huh? Sorry, but not in my town, lady.”

AKI to Manon: “Did you get a scratch on that pretty face? It’d be a real shame if poison got in there.”

Manon to AKI: “Reptiles are an acquired taste. But sadly, they’re not for me.”

AKI to Kimberly: “There, much better. Hop around like that again and I’ll put a stop to it for good.”

Kimberly to AKI: “I heard ninjas drink poison as training. I might have to look into that next time.”

AKI to Marisa: “Hm, you have a very nice body. To test my poisons on, that is.”

Marisa to AKI: “It will take more than a slithery snake to kill this lion!”

AKI to Lily: “I am no warrior. No, I just let my poison do my job.”

Lily to AKI: “Snakes are scary, but not evil. You’re different though.”

AKI to JP: “I can end your life whenever the master so desires.”

JP to AKI: “Tell your master that we are of the same mind when it comes to that organization

AKI to Juri: “Cease with your shrieking. Best you go to the other side.”

Juri to AKI: “You and your goofy-looking master are all sorts of LOSER!”

AKI to Dee Jay: “Finally that awful music stopped. I thought my eardrums would burst.”

Dee Jay to AKI: “Is that the Snake Dance I’ve heard about? I gotta learn that someday!”

AKI to Cammy: “Chasing after Shadaloo’s remnants? Be careful not to get bitten, kitten.”

Cammy to AKI: “I will catch all of you, sooner or later. You can count on it.”

AKI to Ryu: “All that training, and yet just a bit of poison does you in. Eeehehe!”

Ryu to AKI: “I see, Snake Fist kung fu, and poison. Assassins come in all shapes and sizes.”

AKI to Honda: “Hm, for your body, a lethal dosage should be...about this much.”

Honda to AKI: “Was that supposed to be poison!? Sansho pepper packs more of a punch!”

AKI to Blanka: “Hm, the poison does work. I guess you were human after all.”

Blanka to AKI: “Uwo! I can handle the poison ants in my jungle! You’re nothing!”

AKI to Guile: “If you have a family, it’s best you return to them while you can. Haha!”

Guile to AKI: “A poison user...Ah, yes, I remember. He was a crafty character.”

AKI to Ken: “Perhaps stop worrying about your troubles, and just eliminate them.”

Ken to AKI: “If an assassin has come out to play, that means I’m getting closer to the truth.”

AKI to Chun-Li: “Retired and teaching kids kung fu...So lovely, Dajie.”

Chun-Li to AKI: “A poison user? I see, so you’re related to him.”

AKI to Zangief: “Poison does take a while to hit when you’ve got a big body.”

Zangief to AKI: “Poison stands no match when you have muscles and power!”

AKI to Dhalsim: “Your body is flexible. But you know what? So is mine.”

Dhalsim to AKI: “Something stirs in the dark again, I see. Shadaloo.”

AKI to Rashid: “You...You’re the one the master spoke of.”

Rashid to AKI: “Poison...just like that guy. Are you his disciple or something?”

AKI to AKI: “Master, your wonderful A.K.I. won! Shower me with your praise!”

Chun-Li to A.K.I.: A poison user? I see, so you're related to him.

Thoughts: Simple acknowledgement. I'm honestly not that disappointed with it. Even though FANG was the one who forced Li-Fen to activate the descent program in SFV and almost killed her, I do think there isn't enough history between the two that makes me think that Chun-Li and FANG would ever have any kind of rivalry. Chun-Li makes quick work of him during her only fight in ASF as well. So I don't mind that Chun-Li just makes a simple connection to AKI to FANG. 

I think if AKI had any more sinister intentions, like finding Li-Fen and making her life a nightmare, maybe there'd be more urgency and drama between the two. But for now, it just feels like AKI and her ties with FANG are now outside the realm of Chun-Li and her new job of teaching kung fu

----------

A.K.I. to Chun-Li: Retired and teaching kids kung fu... So lovely, Dajie.

Thoughts: Googling it, Dajie is like a formal term to address a woman perceived as older than the speaker. It also means Big Sister (kind of like Jiejie). 

First off, noticing some contrasting information. Chun-Li said in her story that she's taking a break from work. But it seems AKI thinks that Chun-Li is retired. (Which would be more accurate connecting SF3 to SF6, but that's another story).

In AKI's story, she sends warns CHun-Li not to get involved with any of her activities, especially with FANG planning on reviving Shadaloo once again. This makes AKI's quote even more sinister than at first glance.

AKI can use the threat of endangering Chun-Li's students, even Li-Fen to intimidate and pressure Chun-Li to stay and enjoy the retired life. Because though Chun-Li can take care of herself, her students and her lovely community may ot be so lucky.

Much more scary and appropriate win quote after playing through her story mode.

EDIT (after playing AKI's story)

------

AKI's Arcade Story

AKI has been sent by FANG to investigate what the remnants of Shadaloo are up to, and to send a warning should she encounter any interference. But before she can start her assignment, she pays Chun-Li a visit. She warns Chun-Li not to return to action, threatening her that is she does investigate AKI and her activities, she would not hesitate to melt Chun-Li's face right off.

Later, AKI slips past JP's security detail to get to him. AKI asks him about the whereabout of Ed. AKI mentions she knows where the money JP has laundering is being funneled, but doesn't know what he's planning for. JP tries to feign ignorance, as his role of Treasurer is to distribute the leftover funds accordingly.

AKI and JP fight and AKI warns JP to leave the "revival of the organization" to FANG. 

AKI's assignment is complete, eager to recieve praise from her master FANG for doing what he asked. AKI could've easily killed her enemies but per FANG's request, only fear and pain were inflicted on her victims. 

Edited by Chun-Li_Forever

Okay, did AKI's story mode, maxed mastery and bond.

Things of note:

Spoiler

1.  JP is part of Neo Shadaloo.  Or is it, or something.  He's handling all of Shadaloo's old funds, they've built a new base near Nayshall and they're trying to get Ed to come to it.  If I had to guess, he wants Ed to become Shadaloo's new figurehead, while he remains the power behind the throne.

2.  When you fight some Shadaloo thugs, they do a version of Bison's scisser kick where they fall down after.  😛

3.  FANG is just straight up in WTM.  You interact with him as part of AKI's quests.  This is of note because FANG is the first formerly playable SF character to show up in WTM that wasn't part of the roster.  Which makes me think...they have zero intention of making him playable in SF6.  His design is much better than SF5, but his character model is definitely that lower WTM level of detail.

Edited by DarthEnderX
1 hour ago, DarthEnderX said:

Okay, did AKI's story mode, maxed mastery and bond.

Things of note:

Hide contents

1.  JP is part of Neo Shadaloo.  Or is it, or something.  He's handling all of Shadaloo's old funds, they've built a new base near Nayshall and they're trying to get Ed to come to it.

2.  When you fight some Shadaloo thugs, they do a version of Bison's scisser kick where they fall down after.  😛

3.  FANG is just straight up in WTM.  You interact with him as part of AKI's quests.  This is of note because FANG is the first formerly playable SF character to show up in WTM that wasn't part of the roster.  Which makes me think...they have zero intention of making him playable in SF6.  His design is much better than SF5, but his character model is definitely that lower WTM level of detail.

Can you take a SS of him?

There's also a new side mission that has you tracking down an escaped Copy Fighter.  The scientist is like "I've succeeded in programming it to have conciousness."  And I'm like, "Just like me!"

Anyway, the reward is AKI's +40 Bond gift.

2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

can't play till tonight, what items we get from new China merchant?

Other new items?

All he sells for gear is a jianshi hat and robe.  And his take-out items are just dyes and plane tickets.

3 hours ago, Dracu said:

Can you take a SS of him?

FqLDxj4.png

Edited by DarthEnderX

There is a fun interaction with FANG when you ask about the Psycho-power you have.  He's all "Pfft, how can you have it?  only SUPERIOR specimens can control it.  But if you DO have it, make sure to take good care of it, so you can nourish my master on his eventual return."

2 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Thirteen is coming

Naw.  These are clearly SiRN Seth-type androids.  Not Secret Society Twelve-types.

2 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

All he sells for gear is a jianshi hat and robe.  And his take-out items are just dyes and plane tickets.

Thanks!

Eh, was hoping for more but guess whatever new is still welcome

There's anything else to win around with new side-missions? Rashid update had bit of that shit (Azam monocle, Shadaloo bracelet, special earring etc) and iirc +1 color for all items

FqLDxj4.png

Damn they really go so fucking cheap on NPCs, FANG evn was main cast lol

At cost of sound repetitive i'm not paid for the job and yet even just using editor basic tools could do a better FANG face closer to main cast standards, they did'nt even bothered using much aging/wrinkle skin tool to give him SF6-realistic look (something i disliked on Retsu model too, who looks far too young)

I know for most is weird specific shit to complain about, but see such big budget product get halfassed stuff is bit sad lol

This on general applies to all semi-relevant NPCs too (like fighters you face at stadium tournament), even just using basic editor (and they have access to a more advanced/complete version) they could have been done so much better, instead large majority feel 5 minute shit that use like 30% of editor tools lol

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

Damn they really go so fucking cheap on NPCs, FANG evn was main cast lol

When I first ran into him, I though he was one of those World Warrior fakers at the Stadium, because he was at the stadium, going by Fang Fei and posing as an herbalist.  But as the story progresses it's made clear that no, it really is FANG.

17 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

When I first ran into him, I though he was one of those World Warrior fakers at the Stadium, because he was at the stadium, going by Fang Fei and posing as an herbalist.  But as the story progresses it's made clear that no, it really is FANG.

DarthEnderX: "That's not F.A.N.G., he's a phony."

2 minutes later

DarthEnderX: "Wait, that really is F.A.N.G."

I'll see myself out now....it is my lunch break anyway 🙃

@Darc_Requiem

As editor bro, you may appreciate they fixed this

On 9/26/2023 at 12:55 PM, CESTUS III said:

Also if anybody have this

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LQ6AAxfFMV7F6xboVTKT52DxG-SK8AaJ6qS0z4qWRWs/edit#gid=608222187&range=B91

consider himself lucky because piece currently seem to have a problem that make it apparently impossible to get after some point

here it is

6 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

WT gave the guy a full name? That's pretty sweet. The acronym was just for style

3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

WT gave the guy a full name? That's pretty sweet. The acronym was just for style

While it's nice it keep bit the trend to give surnames, tbh i trust it as much i trust JP's  "Johan Petrovich" lol

2 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

My understanding is that his name is a pseudonym he uses while being undercover, not his actual name.

I find this more likely, as "F.A.N.G. " is not a normal name you can use to pretend you're just salesman of herbal medicines fro back pain

Noticed he also wear gloves (instead huge special sleeves hiding free poison hands), possibly to have more normal look when interacting with people... seems opposite approach from A.K.I. who instead play her true self showing to be strange and dangerous (her explanation for the dress + her steel claws)

I noticed that, in the part of WTM where she describes how she met FANG, she makes no mention of her brother.

Guess it's a part of her past she wants forget (or at least don't offer it to strangers), just like she does'nt mention what she was doing posing as a prostitute and stripping naked for men as part of her brother's scam to blackmail them

Another interesting part is in SF6 she confirm she was VERY young and definitely underage, as in the original japanese version of her SFV side story

30 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Guess it's a part of her past she wants forget (or at least don't offer it to strangers), just like she does'nt mention what she was doing posing as a prostitute and stripping naked for men as part of her brother's scam to blackmail them

Another interesting part is in SF6 she confirm she was VERY young and definitely underage, as in the original japanese version of her SFV side story

She did said she tried to entice him. Seduction was something she did as a child *shivers*. 

5 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

She did said she tried to entice him. Seduction was something she did as a child *shivers*. 

When you think about it AKI probably is the SF char with darkest backstory 

From poor underage girl pushed to borderline prostitution by her own brother, to become a sociopath assassin that gone through a poison training that stressed her body so much to become albino, end up loving the man that pushed her into that latter phase 

Sure we have some others with very bloody past (Bison the first that come to my mind), but AKI imho strike harder

Edited by CESTUS III