Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

7 hours ago, bakfromon said:

Some other things I noticed about AKI

spacer.png

We already know that this is the girl  known as “Phantom” from the side story featured for FANG in SF5. This is referenced in the kanji characters in this artwork (阿鬼-Ghost this is pronounced A-ki)

Her motif being based on a snake was also explained in the side story. The serpent dagger was  the gift that FANG offered her. 
spacer.png

AKI’s chained spiked tendrils are something that was intended for FANG according to his concept art. 

spacer.png

Thanks for reminding me, I forgot about the snake dagger

6 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The A.K.I. and Juri comparison comes off as surface level to me. A.K.I. is an obsessive psychopath that lives to please F.A.N.G. Juri is a chaotic anarchist that serves no one but herself. Juri gets off from inflicting pain on other's like Xenia Onatop in Goldeneye. A.K.I. shows no signs of getting any sort of sexual gratification from the violence she inflicts. She's not seductive in the slightest. While Juri is taking selfies over her KO'd opponent, A.K.I. straight up murders her foe in victory animation.

The problem is that they sound very similar in trailer in first impression and surface level of judgement like a crazy sadistic woman that do weird poses body contort bending but we all know they arent similar specially Juri character now is not that shrouded in mystery anymore.

Capcom should have done is more FANG pleasing character that seeks his validation.

More getting the job done then remove BOTH the TORTURE and GRATIFICATION. Being a doing the job more efficient  like an effective dangerous assasin than someone sort if endulgement on it.

while being a crazy woman that is more on getting her JOB DONE than endulging on slow pain.

since those traits are easier to confused with Juri trait since both are inflicting pain to have some sort of satisfaction.

Like AKI prey is that the subject is meaningless and no-VALUE to her other than a tool to satisfy FANG and that still a psycho trait.

So in that case she will be EXACTLY like Fang is to Bison instead of some one who finds satisfaction on their preys thats the ONLY relativity of Juri and Aki. So NO-VALUE on prey NO-Gratification on prey other than tools like FANG.

And we all know thats are how crazy girls are commonly judge by that traits being sadistic but she could be psychotic without being sadistic.

Edited by Shakunetsu
10 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

They REALLY aren't.  They're both sadistic, cackling, predatory.  They're both the exact same kind of girl Joker.

They even have similar mannerisms like lip licking and unnecessary body contortions, like the deep backbend.

VPcnm0j.png

its hard to distinguish Punchline to Harley

Harley is somehow the Juri in this situation and Punchline is the AKI one

both crazy girls wanted pain.

They should had remove the sadistic traits on Aki and more of a crazy woman that is more on getting the JOB DONE as efficient and stealthy as possible because of her MASTER than being obessive with her prey pain and finding value on the suffering it inflicts... but yeah we know why they include that so some yandere fandom can self insert themselves as imagination. lol

fodDTNX.png

Batman's Cassandra Cain AKA Spoiler should had been a better motif to AKI, it's also a unexplored characteristic yet in street fighter

while still having crazy body motif like her SILENCE is perfect for AKI training

If I would make AKI she would be silence most of the time as FANG training like Cassandra Cain that silence is an important traits of her character. confusing her opponents and treat her as deaf in first impression or just unhearing by her prey concern making her extremely dangerous because of confusing encounter 

Zhczu5K.png

But will surprise her foe by all of a sudden talking about HER MASTER and change of body language and facial expression that she all of a sudden surprise her foe.

it still keeps the mystery of her because of like she doesn't TALK to her prey directly when she TALKS because she talks all about FANG or pleasing FANG.

like Master is this okay... Master is this what you like... Master what I should do next?... Forgive me Master...  without mentioning the name FANG 

like she doesn't CONCERN her prey squabbles like feelings and emotion because they are irrelevant and unimportant to her. That even her WINQUOTES are talking about her Master will and her Master being pleased not about the losing street fighter character and also never talking about her Master's wants to the losing street fighter because everything is all about her and her Master.

DFMWFRO.png

thats the better way she should have been more FANG centric killing machine and doesn't oblige to answer to any street fighters or doesn't even communicate to the player and her foe, even her winquotes  are like TWELVE.

That difference and the TWIST of Aki and Cassandra Cain/Spoiler even Fang is that she is still crazy that still saw her foe as an object because she talks all of a sudden like all about accomplishing her MASTERs wants not talking to the OTHER characters

and yes she has similarities with METAL GEAR's QUIET that could have talken inspirastion also to a silent assasin like Cassandra Cain 

2nTBiJE.png

Edited by Shakunetsu
6 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Pictured:  A character taking no pleasure in the violence she's inflicting...

iV6zUGw.png

Taking pleasure in violence isn't that unusual in SF. Just like fighting unarmed isn't unusual in SF. Cody could not stop beating people up and got locked up for it. Akuma lives to fight master level opponents. The list goes on. Taking sexual pleasure from violence is however unusual and that's Juri's thing. A.K.I. isn't being seductive or making any sexual innuendos, she just like's killing via poison like her master. A master she seems enamored with. Sakura thinks she's too obsessive. 

38 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Taking pleasure in violence isn't that unusual in SF. Just like fighting unarmed isn't unusual in SF. Cody could not stop beating people up and got locked up for it. Akuma lives to fight master level opponents. The list goes on. Taking sexual pleasure from violence is however unusual and that's Juri's thing. A.K.I. isn't being seductive or making any sexual innuendos, she just like's killing via poison like her master. A master she seems enamored with. Sakura thinks she's too obsessive. 

Yeah nice pointing out Sakura and Ryu.

I think the torture and being sadistic like part is something that commonly find relative to the two

11 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

They REALLY aren't.  They're both sadistic, cackling, predatory.  They're both the exact same kind of girl Joker.

They even have similar mannerisms like lip licking and unnecessary body contortions, like the deep backbend

Juri is super flexible but she isn't doing anything like AKI. Aki is an actual contortionist. Juri isn't doing anything close to that.

8 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Pictured:  A character taking no pleasure in the violence she's inflicting...

He specifically stated sexual gratification which not what's happening there. She's getting giddy over her cocktail of poisons achieving the desired effect.

2 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

its hard to distinguish Punchline to Harley

It's very easy to distinguish punchline and Harley. Punchline created her own niche by being an terminally online villainess that makes use of all the negative aspects of online culture to feed her nihilism and convince people she is a victim so she can never face accountability for her actions. Most of her goons tend to be her most devoted followers.

32 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

It's very easy to distinguish punchline and Harley. Punchline created her own niche by being an terminally online villainess that makes use of all the negative aspects of online culture to feed her nihilism and convince people she is a victim so she can never face accountability for her actions. Most of her goons tend to be her most devoted followers.

Yes I know I was just talking about the first impression and surface level judgement from average perspective.

I know there differences but Im just talking in a different perspective without the depth

I mentioned it here...

3 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

The problem is that they sound very similar in trailer in first impression and surface level of judgement like a crazy sadistic woman that do weird poses body contort bending but we all know they arent similar specially Juri character now is not that shrouded in mystery anymore.

I usually look at different perspective because this are not usually what others take time to see and understand. It's not commonly to others do relate with when I talk or being critical on some fiction related areas. I am self aware of being a geek on this area like fictional characters, toys and etc that others generally don't pay attention into LOL

Edited by Shakunetsu
5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

You do remember AKI used to act as teenage prostitute in order for her brother to blackmail individuals later for money? Its already integrated into her character that she’s willing to use at the very least the promise of sex in order to get money. It’s obvious she takes pleasure in her poisons and what sorts of  various violent things that they do to people. It’s not to far from a stretch to think she using sexual innuendos when she looks like she’s having an orgasm talking about her master. The tone she uses talking about experimenting with her poisons is exactly the same Juri uses for basically every innuendo she makes

29 minutes ago, bakfromon said:

You do remember AKI used to act as teenage prostitute in order for her brother to blackmail individuals later for money? Its already integrated into her character that she’s willing to use at the very least the promise of sex in order to get money. It’s obvious she takes pleasure in her poisons and what sorts of  various violent things that they do to people. It’s not to far from a stretch to think she using sexual innuendos when she looks like she’s having an orgasm talking about her master. The tone she uses talking about experimenting with her poisons is exactly the same Juri uses for basically every innuendo she makes

I have a bad feeling that her brother is already dead and been experimented with

Edited by Shakunetsu
30 minutes ago, bakfromon said:

Having sex for money and enjoying it/taking pleasure in it are not the same thing. Maybe we'll see something from her showing otherwise come September 27th, but nothing shown for thus far indicates a sexual gratification component to her violent tendencies. Her primary trait seems to be obsession with her master following closely by poisoning people. Even in the EVO comic, only murdering Rashid and pleasing F.A.N.G. was on her mind. Even the the brief snippets we've gotten with her and F.A.N.G. are of father/daughter or student/teacher dynamic. There isn't the undertone of sexual tension that's present with how Sakura views Ryu.

Edit: @ShakunetsuHaven't read the F.A.N.G./Phantom comic in a while, didn't her brother go for the poisoned stack of cash while A.K.I./Phantom chose the knife?

Edited by Darc_Requiem
9 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Edit: @ShakunetsuHaven't read the F.A.N.G./Phantom comic in a while, didn't her brother go for the poisoned stack of cash while A.K.I./Phantom chose the knife?

I haven't yet, I'm didn't read any new comics even the Ken comics SF6 from Udon or I forgot the FANG/Comic

edit I checked the wiki, yes I think I forgot haha 

Edited by Shakunetsu
1 minute ago, Shakunetsu said:

I haven't yet, I'm didn't read any new comics even the Ken comics SF6 from Udon or I forgot the FANG/Comic

I wasn't talking the EVO comic. I was referencing the SFV side story comic that seems to be A.K.I.'s origin story. My memory ain't what it used to be, so I'm not sure about her brother's fate. I remember F.A.N.G. giving a choice of a knife or a stack of cash which I thought he laced with poison. I know for certain that A.K.I. chose the knife. IIRC the knife had a snake on the hilt. She leaves with F.A.N.G. and her brother took the stack of cash and stayed behind from my recollection. Which if my senile ass has the right of it, means he's dead.

41 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Her primary trait seems to be obsession with her master following closely by poisoning people.

Similar to Fang/Bison. I wonder if the poison* training has a deliberate side-effect making them super-sycophantic/malleable to their master or those stronger - be a useful trait in an assassin if you were the boss. The impression I got from AKI is that she delights in perfecting the art of poisoning, creating her "magnum opus", and revelling in using what Fang's taught her, rather than getting her jollies

* pedantic note: Aki primarily seems to use venom, really, aside from what she feeds the MC in her debut trailer. I think..

Edited by JustBooming
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I wasn't talking the EVO comic. I was referencing the SFV side story comic that seems to be A.K.I.'s origin story. My memory ain't what it used to be, so I'm not sure about her brother's fate. I remember F.A.N.G. giving a choice of a knife or a stack of cash which I thought he laced with poison. I know for certain that A.K.I. chose the knife. IIRC the knife had a snake on the hilt. She leaves with F.A.N.G. and her brother took the stack of cash and stayed behind from my recollection. Which if my senile ass has the right of it, means he's dead.

It’s implied that AKI’s brother wanted the cash as he urged her to pick it over the knife. We know FANG gave the kid a glare when he mentioned the cash and he shut up about it after that. We don’t know if he took the poisoned cash or not so his fate is a mystery. We just know she left him behind for FANG after their initial meeting. It’s heavily implied that he wanted the money so he may have just taken it and died afterwards. 

Edited by bakfromon
5 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Juri is super flexible but she isn't doing anything like AKI. Aki is an actual contortionist. Juri isn't doing anything close to that.

Dude, you're either blind or being intentionally contrarian if this doesn't qualify as contortionist shit to you...

SF6_Juri_214214P.png?20221226210603

5 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

He specifically stated sexual gratification which not what's happening there. She's getting giddy over her cocktail of poisons achieving the desired effect.

What the fuck difference does it make?  It doesn't matter WHY they're making the same gestures, they're still making the same gestures!  AKI's presentation is derivative as shit.

FFS, they even use the same "hair covering one eye" visual signifier.

1 hour ago, bakfromon said:

You do remember AKI used to act as teenage prostitute in order for her brother to blackmail individuals later for money? Its already integrated into her character that she’s willing to use at the very least the promise of sex in order to get money. 

Although, I wonder if she's not intentionally trying to bury that part of her past.

The first shot of the new trailer shows her moving through the crowd, rotating her body in just a way as to completely avoid coming into contact with anyone.

Now, it's possible that might just be because she's entirely poisonous, like FANG.  Or maybe she just, doesn't like touching people, unless it's to kill them.

Edited by DarthEnderX
7 minutes ago, bakfromon said:

It’s implied that AKI’s brother wanted the cash as her urged her to pick it over the knife. We know FANG gave the kid a glare when he mentioned the cash and he shut up about it after that. We don’t know if he took the poisoned cash or not so his fate is a mystery. We just know she left him behind for FANG after their initial meeting. It’s heavily implied that he wanted the money so he may have just taken it and died afterwards. 

Ah the so the old noggin isn't completely shoot after all. I'd make a joke about having worms in my brain but I just read a news story that honestly freaked me the heck out. Won't link the story, look for it at your own peril.

5 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Ah the so the old noggin isn't completely shoot after all. I'd make a joke about having worms in my brain but I just read a news story that honestly freaked me the heck out. Won't link the story, look for it at your own peril.

Although, technically, AKI didn't choose the knife.  She chose the writing on the side of the knife.  Which was a formula for poison.

Edited by DarthEnderX
31 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Although, technically, AKI didn't choose the knife.  She chose the writing on the side of the knife.  Which was a formula for poison.

Well the writing on the knife held the secrets to Nguuhao so it could’ve been different poison and techniques. AKI had never been to school so she couldn’t read the writing but was intrigued by it.  So we know that FANG must have taught her rudimentary knowledge as well as his skills in fighting and poison. 

54 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Dude, you're either blind or being intentionally contrarian if this doesn't qualify as contortionist shit to you...

She's doing the matrix dodge. Anyone with good flexibility is capable of doing that. Not impressive at all. Closest Juri comes to matching Aki is in her level 3 with how far she arcs her leg.

What the fuck difference does it make?  It doesn't matter WHY they're making the same gestures, they're still making the same gestures!  AKI's presentation is derivative as shit.

Context matters. You are arguing in favor of surface level comparison and I'm not with that.

FFS, they even use the same "hair covering one eye" visual signifier.

The reasons for that are different too as detailed in the PlayStation blog. I guess you need to disregard that too in order to make the characters fit the same mold.

Edited by Hawkingbird

Ok here we are, just seen the trailer

Some random thoughts

-First and most predictable (but not less awesome) i love they gave her Snake Kung Fu style, for 99 reasons was the right thing to do lol

tumblr_pbp87nT2PI1v6w3juo4_500.gifv

-Everything is just so straight to the snake theme with her, even without consider in your face stuff (like the back-sliding) there are nice details in how they imagined her, for example she seem able to dislocate some of her joints wich remind me snakes ability to dislocate their jaw (they actually don't, but became part of their imagery lol)... iirc at some point they wanted Necalli animations to have boneless look

Also in the intro her claws remind snake retractable fangs

-The claws remind me Soul Calibur Ivy's sword Valentine... wich is called "snake sword" 😁

It's cool they can also operate like chinese rope darts

-Beside obvious RS Kurow some things remind me also early Kolin concept:

Smiling Assassin Version

k_006.jpg?h=57c99caf33bc88558b3f2b3847b2

From the beginning we wanted her to be someone who tricked their opponent, who had a two-faced personality. Seeing her smile while doing terrible things is pretty unsettling...

As a character lacking in power (not really though!), the idea was for her to fight with rope and knives.

-I love she have two command throws

-The poison bubble looks nice

-Supers are pretty good, curious to see Lv3 alt version

-Did'nt read all comments, but i seen here and there is mentioned the sexual pleasure thing

I think is worthy mentioning that canon wise we know from side story that FANG's poison have on the user the side effect of kill any sexual drive: "another side-effect of the poison was that he no longer felt that sort of animalistic desire"

FANG became asexual due poison, i think it's possible same happened to AKI

Would be fitting too, as we know still underage she was pushed to striptease naked for perverts to do the scam/blackmail thing, so her having nothing but disgust for actual sex would blend well with her new condition

Her pleasure now seem just kill preys

-Seen some comment on similarities with Juri, on general i think that of course they're trying to get some of that Juri-money with a new char that mix some Juri vibes with imho also some creepy Lady Dimitrescu (another marketing success) vibes too

To some extent AKI's win animation ending may tribute this

resident-evil8-resident-evil.gif

-On general SF people seem to just love a lot the female "broken toy" thing

-Not a fan of her alt costume, but we knew already was that

-very happy we get new location, it mean new merchant and goods to buy without use Fighter Coin

-release date is sooner than expected, make me hope will get Ed (Season1 char i'm waiting the most) within 2023, would be cool

-AKI's Fighting Pass items are good, will buy

Edited by CESTUS III
42 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

L1 Super Deadly Implication is 死屍累々 Shishiruirui "heaps of corpses everywhere", an expression also used figuratively when something goes very wrong and there are serious consequences for numerous people involved. Here... no, it's used literally lol.

I noticed this name was borrowed from FANG’s CA in SFV but her variation is vastly different from his. 

Her laugh is reminiscent to FANG’s which is supposed to sound like they’re constantly say “death” (shi-shi-shi) which she also uses to name some of her moves. 

7 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

She's doing the matrix dodge. Anyone with good flexibility is capable of doing that. Not impressive at all.

I don't think you understood The Matrix very well...

7 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Context matters. You are arguing in favor of surface level comparison and I'm not with that.

Because the surface still matters.  I kinda don't care that there's a behind-the-scenes reason for why the two characters are aesthetically, like, 75% the same.

"It's supposed to be like an umbrella!"  Who gives a shit!  You still ended up at the same place!  Design something new!

Edited by DarthEnderX
13 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

that is important because we dont need to expect average FG enjoyer would be interested on reading huge backstory of character that they dont interest them at first glance.

If you notice in the thread that not all had been too critical at Phantom/AKi backstory article and never had the precise and correct in understanding the knife, his brother, choices(knife or formula) while just only understanding other things that could affect her "future" . For example remembering the other tidbits of info like training with fang, because it shows that they are only interested in some aspect of the character unless your into that archetype of character, documenting, recently watch or read an article about that character. 

there is something about good design that like Manon and Marissa design that makes them good and distinct

take note they are not the character I like but they are innovative and good distinctive design because you dont need to read backstories, articles or a wikipedia to differentiate them to the characters they are clear as day unique character and unique by just watch the trailer alone even without the bio,

fQIJ2Xx.png

why in trailer? because there characterization is everything in there animation and movement not needed to read bio or profile. You dont need to read winquotes(ELFUERTE) to know Manon is into Ballet or understand Ballet terminologies during her attacks(COOKING TIME) because its all mesh in the movement not too much words. SNK character in KOF from late 90s and 2k are good in this reflected in movement and body gesture.

And AKi body gesture in the trailer felt Juri in first glance in the trailer for non critical to her character. while Manon is Manon. and Yes AKI animation is unique to her like the snake movement. 

k6hn81u.png

and yes Ryu is a boring and generic karateka 80s character and i like his character this is why terry is miles away than Ryu, Liukang and Kyo. Terry in red blue stars are the better than the 3. Ryu is my favorite character because I am nostalgic with him and view him in ROSE tinted glasses but I dont let that perspective cloud my judgement on which is the better and the one that standout and hard to replicate.

Manon character design is hard to replicate and it would be distinct just like Leeroy Smith in Tekken unique combination that amazingly worked. Bob also worked and SF tried to replicate it would Rufus. SO far my favorite character design is Leeroy and Manon

leroy-smith-tekken7-by-takuji-kawano.jpg

The worst isnt Rufus that tries to replicate Bobs success but this guy because his all tropes and will poorly and badly age LOL SHUNEI 

character_shunei.png

Edited by Shakunetsu

don't think you understood The Matrix very well..

This isn't about the movie. Juri is not a contortionist.

Because the surface still matters.  I kinda don't care that there's a behind-the-scenes reason for why the two characters are aesthetically, like, 75% the same.

"It's supposed to be like an umbrella!"  Who gives a shit!  You still ended up at the same place!  Design something new!

The nuances is what make these characters different. The surface means very little. I guess to you Harley and punchline are the same character because they are women with clown motifs who had their start being henchwomen for the joker.

22 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Especially since she seems FAR more interested in the results of her poisons. Hurting people seems almost incidental in a totally insane clinical way. People seem like just test beds for her to see the biological results of her poisons in. For instance, she loves what happens to the avatar character after he's poisoned and has the same kind of deeply obsessed excited reaction...and there was ZERO violence involved in that.

16 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

That's...not contortionist shit.

That's basically a bridge. Like basically the same thing Darun and Seth do. And Darun ain't no contortionist. I can do bridges too. That's leagues different from AKI's bizarre body contortions and slithering movements. Like way different.

EDIT:

I'll also note that I watched the trailer for the first time last night alongside my friend who is a big Street Fighter fan but very much a 'normie' in regards to lore.

He really really liked AKI and did not think she was like Juri. He immediately compared her to FANG and I let him know she was his apprentice. At first he thought she was more similar to Vega cuz of the snake motif and the use of claws as a weapon.

Edited by YagamiFire
1 hour ago, YagamiFire said:

That's...not contortionist shit.

That's basically a bridge. Like basically the same thing Darun and Seth do. And Darun ain't no contortionist. I can do bridges too. That's leagues different from AKI's bizarre body contortions and slithering movements. Like way different.

Yeah, AKI does this in her lv1

handstand-backbend.gif

Plus she does even crazier stuff, she have some whip kicks where her knee bend backwards

So AKI is basically Capcom's attempt to redeem TWO of it's worst character designs.  😛

4 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I guess to you Harley and punchline are the same character because they are women with clown motifs who had their start being henchwomen for the joker.

I think if I was trying to design 2 different female villains for a fighting game, I wouldn't make a Harley AND a Punchline.

i-have-two-nickels-nickels.gif

Edited by DarthEnderX
15 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

I think if I was trying to design 2 different female villains for a fighting game, I wouldn't make a Harley AND a Punchline.

In a series where two of the most popular and defining characters for the entire genre are...

...Ryu and Ken? 😉

Also I find it funny (and don't remember if I mentioned this before) but in Andy Seto's wacky (and great) Wave Fighter Z, the Not-Guile character is named "Captain Luke". Bizarre coincidence??

image.png

Edited by YagamiFire

Explanation of AKI's hair

There's very much a reason for her canopy-like locks, however, as Street Fighter 6 Director Nakayama Takayuki recently offered a quick explanation for the particular design on Twitter.

"A.K.I.'s snakeskin Chinese dress has a beautiful sheen like a black mamba with material that looks ominous when it shines," he starts. "Her distinctive hairstyle incorporates the symbol of an assassin: kasa (meaning umbrella in Japanese)."

2 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Not... exactly.

Kasa has at least five different meanings, all written with different kanjis. The one they used in the original Japanese interview wasn't "umbrella" (傘 kasa) but the 笠 kasa for "HAT". Granted, it's the traditional Japanese hat which resembles an umbrella, but it's not the same thing.

Japanese_buddhist_monk_hat_by_Arashiyama

Do you believe whoever made the english post added the "meaning umbrella in Japanese "to Nakayama's words?

2 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Not... exactly.

Kasa has at least five different meanings, all written with different kanjis. The one they used in the original Japanese interview wasn't "umbrella" (傘 kasa) but the 笠 kasa for "HAT". Granted, it's the traditional Japanese hat which resembles an umbrella, but it's not the same thing.

Japanese_buddhist_monk_hat_by_Arashiyama

Ow, it's so interesting!I don't understand the confusion in the words, they are not the same kanji. 😐

13 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Do you believe whoever made the english post added the "meaning umbrella in Japanese "to Nakayama's words?

9 minutes ago, biachunli said:

Ow, it's so interesting!I don't understand the confusion in the words, they are not the same kanji. 😐

It was probably a deliberate choice to avoid a lengthy explanation. I can understand the reasoning: "the Westerners generally don't know what a kasa hat is, but it has an umbrella shape anyway, so..."

8 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Remember when on his character profile Capcom stated that Carlos is no longer using his "Wheel throw" (orig. 車輪投げ Sharin nage, "wheel throw", aka the classic Tomoe Nage from Jūdō) because doing it gave him backaches? Well, he's still doing it, just more on his right side... So the scabbard with the katana inside on his back doesn't hurt him anymore. 😆

retcon lol