Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

53 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Or, more accurately, the need to film himself doing something about it.

Irony is Rashid would have indeed far greater chance at damage Gill using the streaming rather than using the fighting 😆

Like, Rashid playing smart tricking Gill into do/say something evil while being streamed all around the world, would be a very Rashid thing to do and quite effective 

19 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

Still copy/paste of the Thunderfoot story😅. Vega and Shadaloo wanted the TF land because of the ore mines (at least that was the reason back in SSF2) present there 30 years prior SF2. I'm not totally sure if the fact that it's a sacred ground could have any impact on Psycho Power. I can't find any source confirming that.

The Illuminati stole Rashid’s land in order to harvest the power of the winds for the benefit of mankind 

spacer.png

12 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Irony is Rashid would have indeed far greater chance at damage Gill using the streaming rather than using the fighting 😆

Like, Rashid playing smart tricking Gill into do/say something evil while being streamed all around the world, would be a very Rashid thing to do and quite effective 

I do like the idea of Gill (and, by extension, Urien) being put in their place in terms of both combat and through the exposure of their less-than-savory acts.

Rashid being a candidate for the latter would be a great set piece. 

Rashid's Story

Spoiler

Rashid reflects on his past experiences, including his involvement in stopping a global terrorist attack and losing a close friend in the process.

This life-changing event makes him contemplate his future and what he truly wants to achieve. Rashid realizes that he wants to travel the world, seek out top-class fighters, and vlog about their fights to gain subscribers and viewers.

As he embarks on this new journey, Rashid eventually arrives at a location where he hears about a legendary fighter: Ryu.

Excited for the opportunity to have a rematch with Ryu and capture the epic battle on camera, Rashid hides his camera behind his back.

However, as the fight unfolds, Rashid finds himself completely engrossed in the battle, forgetting about filming altogether. He experiences a pure desire to fight without any distractions, making him contemplate the possibility of one day prioritizing the fight itself over documenting it.

Despite this realization, Rashid's enthusiasm for his vlogging project remains undiminished. He humorously jokes about using a drone camera for his next battle videos. 

5 hours ago, GreatDarkHero said:

I do like the idea of Gill (and, by extension, Urien) being put in their place in terms of both combat and through the exposure of their less-than-savory acts.

Rashid being a candidate for the latter would be a great set piece. 

Yeah to the latter 👍

But about Gill and Urien being "put in their place in terms of both combat " i will indeed like it, but not before they actually had time to shine as villains, neither ever truly did

Gill SF3 run felt like foreplay of something more epic that never happened (because SF gone missing right after SF3), Urien ever been just the guy on the side of the scene with angry face lol

I mean i'm all in favor of big Bosses get their ass wrecked, so they can leave space on top of the mountain to new bosses (instead recycle ssame big baddies over and over), something Capcom seems terrified of (they prefer sacrifice new villains giving them no chance to fly) , but in Gill case i want first see him go full out openly evil, massacre opponents, seem invicible dropping dat Seraphic Wing on somebody (despite being one of the greatest show-off of power in SF, canon wise it's never mentioned as if he never used it in a canon fight)... then yes, underdog hero beated up close to death does that shonen desperation attack and defeat Gill saving the day

But so far we're far from this

Bison had fuckton of screentime doing his big plans shit (lot of losses to, but still lot of shining)

Akuma is a shit character and still get nothing but hype moments (with only lowest point during SF timeline a "loss" off screen with Gouken wich is unclear how's gone and we don't see him get beaten up)

Even discount filler villain Seth had full development in SF4. Then was disposed by Capcom as trash to feed Bison legacy, but that was AFTER he had time to actually rise and fall vs hero Ryu

Gill and Urien never had it much, despite Gill (and SS) by design being supposed to be super big deal

SF3

-Gill had only his mysterious loss to Alex (who in theory should be well below him*) and we know he take losses on purpose, we seen it vs Urien and later will even claim to do it often in one SFV w quote. Rest is Mr.NiceGuy sportmanship shit

-Urien get a confirmed fake W and have some kind of "amusement fight" losing to fucking Chun of all people

SFV

-Gill get two quality Ws vs Urien and G, but have not much relevance story wise, felt kinda side-events

-Urien lose only serious fight vs his brother (wich is normal, ever thought canon wise Gill>Urien), then beat up weakened Nash and bum Balrog

Essentially i agree with you, but only if it happens in one huge big deal arc where he goes all out, proper rise and fall

If they want to pull a capcom and throw him under the bus in some irrelevant side arc i prefer them to keep him in current lame narrative limbo of "See that guy? He's super powerful, and one day will do something!" that bring nowhere but at least does'nt compromise the char chances of have a future

One thing i would like is at some point Urien going full desperate after the SFV beating and start experimenting straight on himself (Urien is actually confirmed to be pro af at genetic shit, even his scientists are impressed by his theories), surpassing his brother and becoming a fucking big deal Boss

On general i would like the idea to have more characters (villains too if possible) able to give Akuma a competitive fight**, because currently Akuma is the ceiling and capcom hold him as neverending blue balls hype, and they already post-poned his last duel beyond the cool moment... Ryu even aged past anime hero age and became a fucking middle age man, we still have to see them ending this crap 🤣

At least we would get credible villains while they struggle with the cowardice of lose Akuma as cashcow (something i doubt will happen over a canon story development, Bison still sell after having lost bunch of fights)

*we know in SF3 Oro consider Ryu and Gill to be equal, when Ryu meet Alex it's absolutely an one-side beating

** not that characters that should actually fight him, just being canon implied to be able to do it

Completed everything about Rashid, bunch of stuff

-Remnants of Shadaloo are stalking Rashid, guess it's FANG holding personal grudge and we will know more when AKI release (maybe her mission will be stalk/kill Rashid?)

-There's somebody else that somehow have same face as Rashid, proof is that Rashid accidentally entered a room where the facial recognition device allowed him in.

Wonder if may be an operation similar to when JP made that vid with Ken saying evil shit... maybe rather than edited video there's somebody that copy characters appearance (like Eleven could)

-Rashid can't say 50 words without mention "i saved the world"

-Now that i seen how they done it, i'm not sure in ancient times there was a dude literally looking like Gill... just like Rashid and Azam appearance was used as metaphor to show  us the arabian faction as same people/bloodlines, Gill look could have been dropped there in same way just to declare the other faction were SS ancestors

On 7/25/2023 at 8:57 PM, CESTUS III said:

Azam fight is NPC done right

I love his unique command grab. He has a high quality model for such limited use character.

Edit: I like that they went through the trouble of animating an flawed Double Knee Press for the Shadaloo remnants. They could have just recycled the flawed Psycho Crusher animation the scrubs get in SFV. They took the extra effort....a common theme in SF6 thus far.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I love his unique command grab. He has a high quality model for such limited use character.

Edit: I like that they went through the trouble of animating an flawed Double Knee Press for the Shadaloo remnants. They could have just recycled the flawed Psycho Crusher animation the scrubs get in SFV. They took the extra effort....a common theme in SF6 thus far.

Azam special throw is awesome, make me wish  we could give our avatars also NPC exclusive specials

Example Azam one would be awesome on Abel (and even more the spinning "judo" throw some NPC do)

Btw as creation mode bro, i suggest you (if you're not doing it already) to grind the infinite Haggar Stadium tournaments, you can find super rare items or even get multiple copies of ones that going through normal missions could only be x1

Example Bosch sister in main story gift you her red-blue necklace (x1), now you can get more thanks to the tournament

I'm hoping some of the bullshit exclusions (like example muay thai/karate white hand stripes the fake Sagat and many NPC wear) will be fixed coming as tournament rewards

21 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Speaking of items, the new Nayshall tournament shows even more how much Capcom is holding back on give us access to very basic pieces 

LOT of the NPCs had unique cool parts or color schemes we can't create 

Unfortunately some of those pieces require an ABSURD amount of Drive Tickets to buy.

27 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The guy who did the Tekken lore video took a crack at Street Fighter

It's over two hours long.

If anything, it's the most comprehensive SF Lore video on the web. He covers everything (except SF6) from all the mainline games, the OVAs and Aftermath trailers, Final Fight, and every single character.

I've watched it, I'd say it's accurate. Def went through a LOT of research to get some of his findings.

23 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Azam special throw is awesome

And also IS Alexander the Grater's Tornado Toss (eng) / Tornado Slam (jap). Down to Azam's final pose when you land, just with the cool wind effect added. Here at 3'17'':

Which, in turn, was based upon a throw from the live action version of Ikki Kajiwara's Jūdō Icchokusen, as we all remember from an old Youtube video that showcased some of the moves. Here at 2'50'':

I'm investigating if its name was ハリケーン投げ Harikēn nage, "Hurricane Throw", as it seems the most likely candidate (I own the manga, but the throw was a live-adaptation original), but the only way to confirm my theory would be to circumvent the regional restrictions of the Japanese Amazon Prime via a VPN to actually watch the show. Too busy to do so atm.

Edited by Miðgarðsorm
On 6/23/2023 at 12:18 PM, CESTUS III said:

Anybody else in WTM tried to investigate on super wierdo NPC Maxim ?🤔

He's kinda tall and muscular head shaven white dude with yellow/light brown sleeveless shirt and pants

If you talk to him will gve you wierd speech about freedom

Can be spotted in Metro CIty at night close to police station (near the point where you switch day/night), if you go close to him he will panic and run away

He have  some strategies to leave you behind and escape, notice often all you need is to lose him from your camera and he disappear

-run and change direction

-stop and suddently change direction

-stop, start to walk slowly for a while then run

-will walk close to gangs, some of wich have these aggressive NPC that will attack you even if you're high level

Interesting part is in last case often you can still see Maxim on background walking away slowly, if you kill enemies fast you can keep hunt him

I started hunt him as i thought was some sort of secret to find stuff, like he will escape to some secret area you can access only chasing him, but does'nt seem the case... he will make you struggle to hunt him only to do whole tour around the block and return where you spotted him first time

Guess either i failed at find what's the point or he may be material for a future mission when we get DLC Masters/world expansion

Found a vid of the guy, he's the one running  here at begin lol

1 hour ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

And also IS Alexander the Grater's Tornado Toss (eng) / Tornado Slam (jap). Down to Azam's final pose when you land, just with the cool wind effect added. Here at 3'17'':

Which, in turn, was based upon a throw from the live action version of Ikki Kajiwara's Jūdō Icchokusen, as we all remember from an old Youtube video that showcased some of the moves. Here at 2'50'':

I'm investigating if its name was ハリケーン投げ Harikēn nage, "Hurricane Throw", as it seems the most likely candidate (I own the manga, but the throw was a live-adaptation original), but the only way to confirm my theory would be to circumvent the regional restrictions of the Japanese Amazon Prime via a VPN to actually watch the show. Too busy to do so atm.

Damn, you're right 😮

Iirc you said also SF4 Abel one comes from there

Capcom seems to love it a lot lol, also in SF6 we got another spinning throw used by big body NPCs and i think maybe also Zangief Lv3 add it on ultimate version

he does'nt spin himself, but make you spin 😁

Hi. I've played through the World Tour Mode, maxed out all bonds to get the second costumes through presents, got all 4 full screen art pieces per master. But there are 2 small square art pieces per master, some of them I've got, some not. The requirement states to have a "special conversation" with each master. Now

I'm leveling up the characters, which is a pretty boring task. Still missing the following square art:

Luke's 2nd

Kimberly's 2nd

Marisa's 2nd

JP's 1st and 2nd

Blanka's 2nd

Ken's 2nd

Zangief's 2nd

Dhalsim's 1st

Please post pictures of them so I can see if it's worth my time.

What XP-level must I achieve for each character in order to get those pictures? I have Ken at 15 already, but still not there...

You'll get everything when you level your characters to the max, which is 20. I've managed to get everyone to 20. The easiest way would be to pretty much grind fights by 1) using the style of the character you're leveling up 2) fighting people who have master styles 3) using the delivery xp boosts 4) excess transferring xp from maxed out masters. This guide on Reddit also helped me with finding where to go, so I don't waste time:

There are several guides available but the one I posted is by far my favorite.

2 hours ago, martinitolove said:

Thank you very much for this link! Really helpfull!

Is there a gallery of all the square pictures somewhere or a screenshot of the in-game gallery with all pictures unlocked? I care only about SF lore, thus would like to concentrate my efforts only on that art pieces. 🙏

I could send you a picture of my progress for the WT thumbnails, but that might spoil you since there's background behind them. You sure you want it...? 

On 7/27/2023 at 6:24 PM, Chun-Li_Forever said:

If anything, it's the most comprehensive SF Lore video on the web. He covers everything (except SF6) from all the mainline games, the OVAs and Aftermath trailers, Final Fight, and every single character.

I've watched it, I'd say it's accurate. Def went through a LOT of research to get some of his findings.

I need to fully watch it but I already noticed some wrong info.

Like SF1 being a tournament and Ryu feeling some kind of energy to defeat/scar Sagat...

Besides, he also uses the 30th Anniversary profiles as source of info. Those weren't written by Capcom, but by 2 researchers at Digital Eclipse and are packed with inaccuracies... mainly how Nash dies. Big red flag.

But kudos to him for having the video done. I can only imagine the insane amount of work to research all of the (convoluted) SF lore. 😍

Edited by Lord_Vega
3 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Looks like AKI being revealed at EVO seems to be all but guaranteed at this point.

Thought we are far from her release (mid october was my guess) full reveal would be bit awkward... maybe a teaser?

But tbh we seen more bizzarre stuff lol, they may just throw a trailer for th lullz of generate hype at big event

Hey guys, just wanted to share my thoughts. Enjoying SF6 from day one. Basically we have two games in one – plain SF and Final Fight (aka World Tour Mode). Love the depth characterization coming out of the WTM, plain arcade was too little by itself. Indeed it seems that CAC is a Seth, and Lily’s spirit is Dictator in some form.

I remember as many years ago SF4 came out and it’s every version added new characters. I was hoping it to include all of them from SFAlpha and SF1. The same with SFV. Now I accept that every game is unique, but I want my favorite one get an update. SFII got one with (stupid) Evil Ken and Ryu, SFIII 3rd Strike have later got online play, SF4 got an amazing omega version. But there is no final version of SFAlpha3. The best one came on PSP and I’m enjoying it trough emulation on a big screen with a MadCatz controller, but it should be made available on the newer systems too, Jun and Ingrid removed and Geki, Lee, Joe and Retsu added. Thus it would become a definitive version to SF1, too. Shouldn’t be that hard or expensive for Capcom. I wonder why they don’t do it?

Was wondering about the timeline, including FF, is this one right - https://streetfighter.fandom.com/wiki/Timeline ?

Many lore topics are being discussed in this thread, which I’m following passively, and talks are abound about doing a new version of SF plot guide. But I wonder why don’t just use this wiki and make it more accessible to the masses? Wikipedia works, too.

Maybe start with updating this timeline under “Mischelaneous”? 

Currently enjoying the beauty and grace of Chun-Li’s and Jamie’s gameplay. It’s pure piece of art!

19 minutes ago, martinitolove said:

But I wonder why don’t just use this wiki and make it more accessible to the masses? Wikipedia works, too.

Maybe start with updating this timeline under “Mischelaneous”? 

from what i have remember it months of approval and need online sources? for the main wiki

unless the wiki is run and owned directly. 

10 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Wikis are problematic do to how anyone can edit them. SF has a massive problem of throwing their fan theories into lore (Cipher held a grudge against us for not accepting any of his cammy fanfic as canon).

Then let's do our own wiki page! The few members who are contributing to this thread will get moderator rights. We can transfer the information from the plot guide into the wiki. And add more as SF6 grows. Over the years it will become THE source of quality SF lore. Even the developers will consult it. Maybe even work with us like with Udon on new characters and games! I could provide the foundation for it. What do you think?

Edited by martinitolove
On 7/25/2023 at 6:19 AM, CESTUS III said:

I doubt, he may use female body as emergency solution, but he seems to vision himself as male

See the bodies he usually use (SF2, SFA, SF4/V)

The thing that ever got me curious is that none of the bodies he used had that genetic blond/blue trait, but seem to have recurring traits between each others, being very similar

Similar facial structure, similar height (officially just 5cm difference from shortest to tallest), similar body structure even if some had heavier musculature

It's like for some reason Bison had that model in mind, but when they play with his -original body- DNA we ever get different chars with the blond/blue thing

Awww OK, so the true form of Vega:

MV5BOTViNzE5MTItODVkYy00NWZiLThlNDMtZTc4

EDIT:

Was SF1 a tournament like MK1 (OG MK1) was? Meaning that every game after SF1 was not a tournament. Every game after MK1 was not a tournament either.

Edited by Jion_Wansu

By the time Gouki becomes playable, we're going to get some more of: "I am the master of the fist!," and then we're expected to forget that he was smoked out by Gouken, Gen, and Oro at one point. 

I hope people still don't buy into the Shun Goku Satsu literally taking people to hell to have their souls shredded by demons or something corny like that. 

The nail in that coffin should have been obvious by SFV. 

16 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Considering he's supposed to be old as fuck and does'nt trust his own body as fitting to be used for fighting, more likely

Roujin Z (1991) - IMDb

This could be a pretty interesting twist, regarding how Bison keeps surviving being blown up. It's not because is soul is surviving in the ether, but because its returning back to some hidden decrepit original, from where he can still manifest his power. 

2 hours ago, GreatDarkHero said:

I hope people still don't buy into the Shun Goku Satsu literally taking people to hell to have their souls shredded by demons or something corny like that. 

The nail in that coffin should have been obvious by SFV. 

Right it's Gouki confining a fighter while pummeling them into death in a flash. If I'm not mistaken, that's pretty much what Shun Goku Satsu means.