Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

10 hours ago, Daemos said:

Don't get me started on the grunt Shadaloo soldiers' uniforms. I loathed the "Mini-Bison" getups they all had!

To think we could've gotten something more serious like Blade or the "Predator" armored ones intended for the Alpha version of SF5.

They would be interesting to return in  SF6 World Tour Mode as something that invade a certain location.

13 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

They could have worked as elite units to replace redcape-skullmask ones, but not normal basic low level troops

i’m gotta disagree here. 

I think they should’ve tried to dehumanize the soldiers at all levels like Stormtroopers. They went the cartoony Fat + Skinny soldier route. The color palette is secondary.

Skull Face being the the elite guard make sense as they bear the emblem of the army and have a greater control over PP.

It really comes now to art direction. There are many possible interpretations of Shadaloo. SF5 went with the cartooniest right down to the chess pieces being the keys to the WMD. It was a misfire. Thankfully Bison himself was most spared from this in SF5.

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

i’m gotta disagree here. 

I think they should’ve tried to dehumanize the soldiers at all levels like Stormtroopers. They went the cartoony Fat + Skinny soldier route. The color palette is secondary.

Skull Face being the the elite guard make sense as they bear the emblem of the army and have a greater control over PP.

It really comes now to art direction. There are many possible interpretations of Shadaloo. SF5 went with the cartooniest right down to the chess pieces being the keys to the WMD. It was a misfire. Thankfully Bison himself was most spared from this in SF5.

funny i was about to mention the stormtrooper thing (thinking about Blade design) as something i would like to avoid for regular troops

Bison is altready cartonish himself to some extent, have kinda grounded design soldiers (with an hint of teh nazis) help greatly make him look more sinister as link him more to some crazy dictator, rather than some scifi villain 

Then of course SFV ones were too cartoonish and purposely silly, wich was bad 

Other thing i dislike beyond color is they should gave them actual war weapons like assault rifles or something similar (and maybe a knife as side) as part of their chara design 

But guess don't fit the goofy style for some reason they wanted 

Last yes, also fat-skinny gimmick was in same league of silly 

Btw for what's worth SF6 criminals are silly af too

18 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Btw for what's worth SF6 criminals are silly af too

They are sillier even!

But I am looking the other way because they are a bunch of street gangs. I think the crate heads were a way to easily identify them and save time (?).

Hoping that if any serious criminal organization shows up, Capcom will undo some of the absurdity of SF5.

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

They are sillier even!

But I am looking the other way because they are a bunch of street gangs. I think the crate heads were a way to easily identify them and save time (?).

Hoping that if any serious criminal organization shows up, Capcom will undo some of the absurdity of SF5.

Yeah the whole boxes/TV/whatever on the heads is silly af, wish they just went with spamming harder generic punk/biker more or less like MGG (and crows same, but playing hard on goth/metal gimmick) and add bit of ethnic themed side gangs just to add variety

JP seems to have new kinda cool villains in the area where he's master at night btw (these guys with military hat and long trenchcoat), guess we will see them with WTM expansion

I liked the idea of have old school MGG having rivalry with the new gang of Crows, but execution is weak

Also bosses... beside exclusive hairstyle/clothing pieces DamnD barely had any work done beyond your average NPC enemy with few power moves (wich fit FF1 tbf, but they could have explored a bit kinda like when was playable in FFR), Rudra was an interesting concept but they did'nt gone much beyond him do Dhalsim's clone

NPCs on general could have been done much better, no exageration in most cases i can do better characters with creation tools without even have access to the much bigger range of items like they have

Moveset wise too

The strong elite fighters of the world quest literally had us beat up super generic MGG goons with super generic moveset

I love a lot the idea of make us beat people like Kenichi, Somsak, Golby etc, but even there the effort felt minimal

Restu and Carlos feel got bit more love (Carlos in particular), but not much more effort

Like Retsu just have his unique special kick, then is just Ryu clone... even not doing anything that take budget, just going with give him a couple of specials stolen from other main cast chars would have done wonders to sell the idea he's an unique char

Let's be clear, WTM is great considering it's a simple side-mode in a Street Fighter game, but lot of stuff felt just lazy even if here and there we get golden nice touches like cameos and shit

3 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

I don't mind all the thugs wearing masks, but I wish only, like, one gang did the box thing.  It's stupid that they all do it.

Hell, some of The Crows even HAVE crow masks.  But a lot of them still wear boxes.

Crows masks are cool, even better the rare ones with red eyes and white mark

But yeah the box thing ruin everything lol

One fun idea is gangs made of office workers and construction site workers (the latter have even some pretty decent designs), wish they developed it more, like them each having a leader that play Boss role for our avatar etc

6 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Looks like Rashid’s location in World Tour will be in daytime Nayshall which isn’t occupied by any character so far.

I was really hoping for fruit merchant Akuma to be canon in Nayshall, but alas I guess Akuma and Ed are the ones who will likely get the new stages/minor WTM locales.

17 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

I dont mind two wind users, we had many elemental users that are similar.

I could've done without Lily. The most interesting part about her is that she could become a monster when she's older. In SF5 the "electricity users" were separated by several seasons also. Two wind in year 1 is odd. 3 if you count Manon who uses suction. 

There is an official concept art in the game that shows Rashid as part of the new generation of characters in SF6 and excludes Lily. Which I think implies that Rashid was meant to be on the base roster instead of Lily originally.

uCckRh7.jpg

I guess they switched it up because Lily would've made the first season DLC a weaker product.

Rashid looks awesome, can't wait to see how they improved Ed

The flow of his moveset is just amazing and i love how they handled the 3 super arts

6 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

He looks amazing!

It's clearer this time that his wind powers aren't tech related.

Yeah that was the case also in SFV i think, good proof we got is that his canon alts (example Story and Battle) did'nt had any gadget on him, by comparision C.Viper who relied on tech had special gloves and heel shoes in all her alts

6 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

I hope Lily is his Rival.

Wonder if we will see them have same rivalry wind gimmick of Elf and Gief back to SF4 lol

6 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Looks like Rashid’s location in World Tour will be in daytime Nayshall which isn’t occupied by any character so far.

Yeah, watching th cutscene seems we will find him in the trains area

One interesting thing is that rather than show off a new stage made for him they used the bulls challenge nayshall road as his stage, wich is already an official stage of the game

Considering we have new 3 stages for 4 new chars in this season, guess is possible Rashid will not get arabian stage (sad imho) and AKI, Ed and Akuma will get one each?

We will see, following same concept is possible also AKI can get an already existing one...
after all this one is already an official stage and at the moment we have no flight to China (being Chun Li in Metro City)

Spoiler

Capcom confirma retorno de Juri e estreia de Kimberly em Street Fighter 6 |  TecMasters

The scene with Rashid parkouring on the trains is obviously his WTM introduction.  His fight intro is the shot later of him setting up the camera.

16 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

We will see, following same concept is possible also AKI can get an already existing one...

I think AKI will actually use the Tian Hong Yuan stage.  As it doesn't actually show up in WTM, since all the Chinese characters are hanging out in Metro City instead.

24 minutes ago, Daemos said:

There is an official concept art in the game that shows Rashid as part of the new generation of characters in SF6 and excludes Lily. Which I think implies that Rashid was meant to be on the base roster instead of Lily originally.

I guess they switched it up because Lily would've made the first season DLC a weaker product.

That's strange, because in no way Rashid can be considered as SF6 new gen

Luke in SFV was at very end as some sort of SF6 cameo (by devs admission iirc) but Rashid was in vanilla SF5 with hero role while at it

Guess even if original plan had Rashid in Lily out, they made the switch to increase female ratio in vanilla cast

18 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

That's strange, because in no way Rashid can be considered as SF6 new gen

I meant he’s a rep for modern SF. Even though he’s probably close to or older than 30 now, he’s still fresh and young like Ed.

20 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

More Dictator or Boxer or something more and different?

He’s like neither because they are both coming in season 2!

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

We only getting 2 new stages  with the pass unless you count a CPT stage.

You're right, no idea why remembered 3 lol

50 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

I think AKI will actually use the Tian Hong Yuan stage.  As it doesn't actually show up in WTM, since all the Chinese characters are hanging out in Metro City instead.

Yeah, that's what i mean with at the moment we have no flight to China, Aki will give it to us

Hope we get as many new locations as possible, beside meaing more world variety, will mean also more merchants... each flight location mean +1 merchant, while WTM masters have no related merchant (unless theyr launch will unlock MC/Nayshall new areas too)

Wish Ryu and Ken's classic outfits had this caliber of physics (like SF3). Some clothing looks so stiff in comparison to this (JP Outfit 2 comes to mind).

Nevertheless, this looks incredible. I can only imagine how they will do characters like Elena or Bison's cape!

1 hour ago, Shakunetsu said:

Likely eds gonna have a huge revamp and uodate on the way being played.

I wonder what direction will they take

More Dictator or Boxer or something more and different?

True. Ed was kind of a test run for Modern Controls so I expect to see a big revamp for him. I'm very much looking forward to it because his control scheme was my least favorite thing about him

1 minute ago, YagamiFire said:

True. Ed was kind of a test run for Modern Controls so I expect to see a big revamp for him. I'm very much looking forward to it because his control scheme was my least favorite thing about him

Yeah, i hope become just classic motion char, then modern silly crew can get one buttons and shit

23 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Yeah, i hope become just classic motion char, then modern silly crew can get one buttons and shit

You want a bastardized version of 2 iconic CHARGE characters to become motion? Hell naw. We got dibs on Ed as a charge character if he's dropping his bullshit control scheme!

This game needs more charge!

Edited by Daemos
18 minutes ago, Daemos said:

You want a bastardized version of 2 iconic CHARGE characters to become motion?

Yes

See it fit more his style, his bizzarre SFV controls required no charge, so they will translate better to motion specials wich have same instant-out effect

Got nothing against more charge chars though (actually would benefit Character Creation), just hope Ed don't become one

4 hours ago, Daemos said:

I was really hoping for fruit merchant Akuma to be canon in Nayshall, but alas I guess Akuma and Ed are the ones who will likely get the new stages/minor WTM locales.

I’m actually thinking it will be A.K.I. and Ed to get the new stages. I could see Akuma hanging out in the caves of Nayshall much like his Alpha 2 and 3rd Strike stages. But that is just a theory.

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

He’s like neither because they are both coming in season 2!

Vega and Bison, is likely coming but for Balrog(Boxer) they might put him as an NPC or a side character if ever Dudley is coming.

Bison and Vega has no substitute and replacement.

27 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

I’m actually thinking it will be A.K.I. and Ed to get the new stages.

Hoping that EDs stage has Neo Shadaloo members  in the background.

5 hours ago, Daemos said:

I was really hoping for fruit merchant Akuma to be canon in Nayshall,

that would become an interesting call back that show Akuma do compliment his classic alpha art

47 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Vega and Bison, is likely coming but for Balrog(Boxer) they might put him as an NPC or a side character if ever Dudley is coming.

Bison and Vega has no substitute and replacement.

Hoping that EDs stage has Neo Shadaloo members  in the background.

that would become an interesting call back that show Akuma do compliment his classic alpha art

Dudley plays nothing like Balrog though. And if the game can accommodate several shotos, and 2-3 "wind users", it can accommodate Balrog and Dudley at the same time. They did it before with great success.

But I think Balrog will come first. We'll be lucky if we get SF3 characters besides Ibuki next year.

3 hours ago, Daemos said:

This game needs more charge!

No game needs charge!

Other than in WTM, because it's a new set of inputs the stupid game will actually let you set Specials to...

3 hours ago, BornWinner said:

I’m actually thinking it will be A.K.I. and Ed to get the new stages. I could see Akuma hanging out in the caves of Nayshall much like his Alpha 2 and 3rd Strike stages. But that is just a theory.

But that, in and of itself would be a new stage.  Because there's currently no Nayshall Caves stage.

When Capcom says "new stage" I assume that just means a new stage on the stage select.  Not necessarily an entirely new separate area of WTM.

Edited by DarthEnderX
4 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Thing is we see of official (main game) ones we got 2 stages that were unused in WTM, Nayshall bulls road and China basically all others are either Master/location stages or WTM event (MMA cage was used for Haggar stadium tournament)

Rashid taking Nayshall left China basically as the only stage still waiting to be used in WTM as location, and we have AKI who is chinese coming next

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I don't put any stock into elemental powers as it's minor on the grand scheme of things. It's not like Blanka, Laura and Ryu make use of their electric abilities like they are static and black lightning.

Far too many characters make use of fire as the elemental for their moves.

Agreed, overlapping elemental powers don't bother me. The only one that shouldn't be super common is ice. All the battle quotes against Kolin made it seem that that is just never done and exotic. Lily and Rashid having wind isn't an issue at all, they're both so different in how they use it, character aesthetics, etc.

2 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

But that, in and of itself would be a new stage.  Because there's currently no Nayshall Caves stage.

I didn’t mean make a stage out of it. I meant to say that Akuma won’t come with a new stage and his location in WT will be the caves. Sorry if I said that in a confusing way.

2 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

When Capcom says "new stage" I assume that just means a new stage on the stage select.  Not necessarily an entirely new separate area of WTM.

True. I assumed that adding some stages would mean that they could be a possible location in WT when they said it would expand. But I guess that could also be just adding the characters into the mode and unlocking the rest of Metro City.