Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

10 minutes ago, Daemos said:

What the hell is Rashid doing in Nayshall anyway? Is he there to stream the fights? If so he’s late to the party as Suval’hal concluded.

Guess they will make up some excuse for him to be there, like for characters that have been shoehorned in Metro City like Chun Li or HOnda lol

Wonder if we will able to fight Azam there too, would be cool

Even going lazy all they need to do him decent is give us Zangief moveset with a couple of wind-based specials, be them stolen from Rashid or made up lol

Btw now that i get Rashid moves no way i don't create a Rashid/Gief/somebody hybrid CaC for Azam 😄

Elena, Cody, Joe Higashi (too bad he's still incomplete, i need items) will steal stuff from Rashid too for sure lol

Curious to explore his moveset

Strange they did'nt just gave us release date with trailer

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

What the hell is Rashid doing in Nayshall anyway? Is he there to stream the fights? If so he’s late to the party as Suval’hal concluded.

That depends when WTM has him show up.  He might not show up until the tournament is over, but he could also be there from the moment you arrive in Nayshall.

Since so many of the characters are already side quests, and not linked to the main plot, Rashid isn't required to be tied to the main plot either.

1 hour ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Probably for clout, he's gonna stream himself doing charitable acts for the people of Nayshall for likes.

Every Nayshalleses' favorite charity.  "Shoeprints for trains".

Edited by DarthEnderX
On 7/6/2023 at 9:23 PM, Daemos said:

Dudley plays nothing like Balrog though. And if the game can accommodate several shotos, and 2-3 "wind users", it can accommodate Balrog and Dudley at the same time. They did it before with great success.

But I think Balrog will come first. We'll be lucky if we get SF3 characters besides Ibuki next year.

I want to see them both again and had no problem with multiple boxers.

I just had a feeling in me that he'll be replace by ED 2.0 

13 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

That depends when WTM has him show up.  He might not show up until the tournament is over, but he could also be there from the moment you arrive in Nayshall.

Since so many of the characters are already side quests, and not linked to the main plot, Rashid isn't required to be tied to the main plot either.

Yeah, Rashid can be just one of the many that does'nt touch main plot 

But if he does he should be done in same order of release, like Rashid plot if he have any should be after JP tournament

I know he isn’t out yet, but I just wanted to gush about Rashid in 6. I love how they leaned into him being a streamer. Not only does it feel like a natural evolution his role in G’s story back in 5, it’s common for many real life traceurs to record their free running. The DNA was there and they expanded it in a way that felt genuine to the character.

6 hours ago, Daemos said:

He's not the type I think. Rashid would probably do charitable acts for their own sake. I'm pretty sure his stream is about fighting or the "search for strength".

Tbh Rashid was more an adventurous spirit, is one of the fighters that give least fucks about search for strenght 

Closest would be his lost bro fight with Ryu, but tbh even there he openly stated was testing his own skills to measure his chances of success at rescue his friend from Shadaloo base 

1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

I know he isn’t out yet, but I just wanted to gush about Rashid in 6. I love how they leaned into him being a streamer. Not only does it feel like a natural evolution his role in G’s story back in 5, it’s common for many real life traceurs to record their free running. The DNA was there and they expanded it in a way that felt genuine to the character.

Dude was already a streamer in SFV, iirc G became famous because Rashid streamed their fight (and lost) 

Ironically after Gill did same to G 

The Big Fish Eat the Little Fish. Predator | by Stephen W T | Medium

Edited by CESTUS III
18 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

Gameplay is why I play single player.

Also, there's not a single fighting game that has a better single player mode that also presents a better story.

It's true there's no better SPM around but still wish they went bit less lazy 

Like why police throw molotov lmao

They could have recycled Peter SFV stuff 

On general they could have done bit more to differentiate enemies and in particular "bosses" ones 

Not saying they should have given unique super arts or something, but design bunch of different basic movesets was'nt THAT much sacrifice 

I think ALL SF6 npcs combined have 2 different unique throws lol 

Not even saying they should have made stuff from zero, like they could have took normals and shit from regular cast and mirror it to make it look different lol 

On general they could have recycled a lot, surely they have lot unused shit too

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

I think that by the end of SF6’s lifecycle it will likely have the best single player experience of any fighter. The potential just off the foundation they laid is huge. 

this is true but sadly i doubt the expansion will fix/improve some WTM weak points, i's not something that bring much profit 

Btw get other main locations beyond MC/Nayshall and more Masters will surely make the experience nicer 

Btw what i'm waiting most is them unlocking all these items we see already ingame but they did'nt wanted make avaible 

See 

-Some location-unique (example gladiator pieces, lot still missing) stuff 

-Some pieces i can see in MC we can't unlock

-Basically all Nayshall clothes (90% we're limited to MC urban shit)

-more colors options, wich are already ingame

5 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

Also, there's not a single fighting game that has a better single player mode that also presents a better story.

I suppose that true, but that doesn't actually make it good.

WTM is the best FIGHTING GAME single player mode.  It's still a pretty mediocre video game single player mode.  It's like a worse version of Yakuza.

Mediocre gameplay mode + bad story doesn't earn any awards from me.

Edited by DarthEnderX
2 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

It's still a pretty mediocre video game single player mode.

Even if it's true, it's irrelevant.

Why are you judging a fish by its ability to climb a tree? Street Fighter is fundamentally not a single player experience. What they are presenting us is above and beyond what they have historically offered, and what the market as a whole offered.

Not only that, they are committing to years of service for both the single and multiplayer experience. No other FG developer right now is doing that at this level.

As for your criticism of the story, well it's basic and very clearly only a first chapter to a new story. All the characters are kinda chilling more or less. The real effort is in the character and world building. That is clearly where the energy went, and that is the true value of WTM.

Just now, Daemos said:

Why are you judging a fish by its ability to climb a tree? Street Fighter is fundamentally not a single player experience.

Because I'm responding to the video and the video was literally like "The best fighting game single player mode".

Just now, Daemos said:

Not only that, they are committing to years of service for both the single and multiplayer experience. No other FG developer right now is doing that at this level.

Then I will say it's good when it actually gets good.  Not before.

Imagine if SFV initial retail content was WTM it would had been better then next season is Arcade Mode SFV AE arcade iteration. the definitive arcade.

then lastly cinematic mode part 1 (shadow falls) with all significant characters from previous season being involve. 

then last final season cinematic mode directors cut(shadow falls) and part 2(shadow fall aftermath). the directors cut fixed all story mistake in part1 then added new content and new characters being in the aftermath part 2 story.

That how I wamt SF6 but unlikely. I think cinematic mode is something that appear on 2nd season but divided into two and has a director cut for noticeable wrong on the previous 1st part.

The problem with trying to tell the main story of SF6 through WTM, even if a lot more gets added later, is it's always going to be difficult to make the story feel like it matters, when you're always going to be playing it as a character that doesn't.

Even if WTM eventually comes to a huge ASF climax in later seasons, you're always going to be experiencing that story from the perspective of a bystander in the SF story.

1 hour ago, DarthEnderX said:

The problem with trying to tell the main story of SF6 through WTM, even if a lot more gets added later, is it's always going to be difficult to make the story feel like it matters, when you're always going to be playing it as a character that doesn't.

Even if WTM eventually comes to a huge ASF climax in later seasons, you're always going to be experiencing that story from the perspective of a bystander in the SF story.

I think it's the name - "world tour". It's meant to give you a ground level experience of the universe. It's a world building experiment with some obvious microtransaction traps more than a "cinematic story mode".

The Bosch arc is inconsequential because the actual SF characters involved are not personally that affected for better or worse in the end.  Like this is the 5th tournament of its kind, we didn't really impact the bottomline like all the others before it.

Money is still being laundered. Nayshall is still subjugated by external forces. It's just another day in the world of SF and we got to experience it first hand. That is the point of the mode. 

I think with each character they will add new locales and maybe a few separate chapters that involve the new masters giving out missions. But when SSF6 rolls around, like SSF4 before, they will roll out a new sequel plotline. Just a guess.

5 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Clearly WT was made for modern controls. Being the default, having classic motions be mini-games, the tutorial missions tailored for modern

but still avatar moveset made of masters moves are split in Modern one and Classic one, there's no reason for Classic to follow Modern retardness and say qcfP and qcfK overlap 

Is just Capcom lazyness and shit method there

Kinu Nishimura's drawing for the Capcom/Tezuka collab in Takarazuka. LOL, I'd never thought about Princess Knight's Friebe for this, even though she was one of my favourite characters from Tezuka's works, her minor character status notwithstanding. Obviously she has in common with Mika just the hearts on her breast(plate)s, but still a nice pairing (pun shamelessly intended).

Edited by Miðgarðsorm

Rashid's theme is pretty fun actually. I get hating on the music cuz new. The meh or hate is nothing new, however. From this review of Third Strike:

"The music is average, in my opinion. Rap makes its first appearance in a Street Fighter soundtrack here, there are some techno-flavored tunes, and, as usual for Street Fighter, some tunes that defy any easy categorization. There's nothing here, musically, that I find particularly pleasing or particularly discordant – it’s just kind of bland to my ears"

Edited by ToreyBeans
52 minutes ago, ToreyBeans said:

From this review of Third Strike:

"The music is average, in my opinion. Rap makes its first appearance in a Street Fighter soundtrack here, there are some techno-flavored tunes, and, as usual for Street Fighter, some tunes that defy any easy categorization. There's nothing here, musically, that I find particularly pleasing or particularly discordant – it’s just kind of bland to my ears"

I mean, I also don't like 3S's music.  Too many of it's songs feel like they're just an intro to a song that repeats over and over and never gets to the hook.

34 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Anytime there is a change, there is a bunch of bitching.

Nnno.  It's because the change is rarely an improvement.  The problem for them is...so much of SF's music is, like, the best music in all of video games.  So the chances of you replacing something like that with something that's actually BETTER, is almost nonexistant.

And Rashid's theme was probably the best piece of music in SF5.  The new song doesn't even compare.

Edited by DarthEnderX
8 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Nnno.  It's because the change is rarely an improvement.  The problem for them is...so much of SF's music is, like, the best music in all of video games.  So the chances of you replacing something like that with something that's actually BETTER, is almost nonexistant.

And Rashid's theme was probably the best piece of music in SF5.  The new song doesn't even compare.

No, it's because people don't like change. People dismiss stuff offhand immediately without giving a chance. Then , later on down the line, they give a fair evaluation. I've seen this happen over and over again in multiple forms of media from games, tv, movies, and books. Does it mean the new stuff is always good? No. It can certainly be bad, and when it is that evaluation sticks. There aren't people pretending like "they always thought it was good". That said, I'll take this over the usual discourse of people arguing over which remix of a track I've heard for decades is best.

3 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

So the chances of you replacing something like that with something that's actually BETTER, is almost nonexistant.

Would you be content with remixes of classic themes then? I mean they brought the retro outfits into the game, so maybe the tracks might be a thing too. I like the music in SF6, and I'mma be greedy for retro tracks too dawggone.

4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

No, it's because people don't like change. People dismiss stuff offhand immediately without giving a chance. Then , later on down the line, they give a fair evaluation. I've seen this happen over and over again in multiple forms of media from games, tv, movies, and books. Does it mean the new stuff is always good? No. It can certainly be bad, and when it is that evaluation sticks. There aren't people pretending like "they always thought it was good". That said, I'll take this over the usual discourse of people arguing over which remix of a track I've heard for decades is best.

I'm fine with SF6's music. But it's nothing to write home about compared to previous entries. The stage and menu music is much better generally than the themes.

8 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

No, it's because people don't like change.

NO.  It's because it's genuinely not as good.  I don't give a shit if it's new or not.

Marisa and Kimberly's themes are decent.  But they're new.  Manon's is dogshit.  Cause it's dogshit, not cause it's new.

I think what I need is a returning character who's old theme sucks.  Then their new theme won't be competing with an iconic classic.

I need Ed.

8 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

That said, I'll take this over the usual discourse of people arguing over which remix of a track I've heard for decades is best.

SF4.  It's always SF4.

Ooh, except Ibuki and Rose.  Then it's SF5.

5 hours ago, ToreyBeans said:

Would you be content with remixes of classic themes then? I mean they brought the retro outfits into the game, so maybe the tracks might be a thing too.

Yes, provided I could set it so characters actually USE said tracks.

Currently, you can't.  Which is like having retro outfits in the game, and not being able to wear them.

Edited by DarthEnderX

Seeing Rain in MK1, do you guys think SF6 could accommodate a “water elemental”.

We have wind, fire, electricity, ice, metal (Urien), and earth (G), water seems to be the missing piece. It will be curious to see how Capcom could interpret this element within the internal logic of the SF universe.

The most obvious candidates would be a new Illuminati character or a new alphabet since both have already opened the door for all kinds of absurdities.

I would like to see this in SF6. Think the engine would do a great job at bringing it to life.

29 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Seeing Rain in MK1, do you guys think SF6 could accommodate a “water elemental”.

We have wind, fire, electricity, ice, metal (Urien), and earth (G), water seems to be the missing piece. It will be curious to see how Capcom could interpret this element within the internal logic of the SF universe.

The most obvious candidates would be a new Illuminati character or a new alphabet since both have already opened the door for all kinds of absurdities.

I would like to see this in SF6. Think the engine would do a great job at bringing it to life.

I get personally annoyed when water and ice are treated as different elements. They are different states of the same element. It never made any sense to do this.

I'm not sure how water would work in street fighter as elemental powers largely exist to be supplementary to an existing attack. A character using water will need to be a water bender in order for it to make sense in street fighter.

Gill and Kolin use water element, solid cold water

Or better, guess with ki they can lower a lot temperature, then humidity already existing in the air become ice

Kinda how Urien does'nt create metal, but his electromagnetism power attract metal particles* 

Btw would not dislike a -liquid- water char, guess something close to Rose in terms of movements would work

Personally would like an actual earth/ground char, using seismic energy to fuck you up... mini quakes waves (Necalli and T.Hawk had similar stuff) or summon big stone/terrain pieces from the ground to use as barrier, trap or throw it

*well at least in SF3 that was the reason behind his hair and skin colors, in SFV retcon made that these are his normal natural colors 24/7 

12 minutes ago, Daemos said:

why do you guys need to be anal about this?

I was obviously separating cryomancy (Gill and Kolin) from what I meant which is liquid water.

because if we want to consider elements in terms of representation (or lack of) Gill and Kolin kinda cover that 

But as archetype yes liquid water is missing, and i said would welcome it

Would prefer him/her to be able to manipulate humidity in the air rather than human Squirtle though lol