Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

9 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

They drive the snake theme home with her snake skin leather attire. I think someone said it here. F.A.N.G. had a crane aesthetic and A.K.I. has a snake one. I'm have a feeling the difference will play out in how her Kung Fu style is portrayed. I can see the snake style themed normals and specials already.

Think was some post i did with bunch of pics, both crane and snake are related in kung fu imagery 😁

But my point was that FANG design wise PRETEND to be a crane as a disguise (with some bird-like gimmicks too see the flying CA), while being a snake whole time

Used the crane wing (the big sleeve) to hide his snake poisonous fangs (the hand inside it)

On other side AKI is just straight snake, her design goes straight to it and her artificial claws are fully exposed

Cool to think FANG had 2 "animals themes", who if not him lol

Edited by CESTUS III
7 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm not saying Juri is a good guy by any means, but she's not on the same level of ruthlessness she was in SFIV. Chun Li's words to Juri in SF6 would have gone in one ear and right out the other for SFIV Juri. They bothered SF6 Juri enough that she thought about them later. Did they change her outlook? No, but the fact that she thought about them at all is telling. 

Tricky part on her moral portrait is the she was a normal good girl till 15yo, when Shadaloo destroyed her life

Essentially her evilness did'nt developed naturally as part of her character, is the result of a trauma... she would have probably never became a villain if was'nt for Shadaloo

To me the most revealing gesture was her helping Cammy (another victim of Bison) in ASF, she keep pretend to do it for "amusement" but that's because she's a broken toy that can't even admit to do a good deed

She's bothered by Chun, because Chun gone through same shit but managed to return having a good life, something that for now Juri seems still unable to achieve

Guess at some point they will write a slow gradual redemption for her

Imho she's already changing a bit, she talks the same about kill this murder that, but actions tell otherwise

I think SF4 Juri would have murdered our avatar for the lulz when she took Bosch in London, now she just accepted Bosch request to don't harm  our avatar (despite the fact they just attacked her 2v1 and lost)

Bosch there had zero negotiation position, yet she accept and spare us... not even knock us unconscious, just left us there unharmed as Bosch asked

AKI on the other side, is another toy broken by life (guess was even underage when was poor and working as scam fake-prostitute*), but in compared to Juri, feels like she still mean "murder" when she say the word lol

Wonder if Juri and AKI will interact, i find it likely specially considering both made they SF6 debut in Nayshall streets

I find possible that interaction with AKI may be a way for writers to start Juri's redemption

*side-story call her "woman" (wonder what the original japanese version say)  at the moment she meet FANG to be completely fair, but tbh feels like "Lily's being 19yo" lol, they know west go histerical at mention underage girl in any sexual-related theme

One thing that make me think AKI was supposed to be very young (despite the fact that x years later she still looks very young) is that as image they chosen to tribute Leon

nobel5_3.jpg?h=cf722202ce4a3685d0f148f84Why Léon: The Professional's Mathilda became the fashion icon of 2016 –  YigYag

sure FANG is tall af and even adult woman would look little girl next to him, but still if the movie wink had a meaning (beside the easy assassin taking gurl under his wing analogy) the very young age of the girl was a factor too

Plus the guy trying to blackmail FANG, feels like the untold big deal is her age rather than just the prostitution thing, story of course mention that it's illegal but still

Edited by CESTUS III
3 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

*side-story call her "woman" (wonder what the original japanese version say)  at the moment she meet FANG to be completely fair, but tbh feels like "Lily's being 19yo" lol, they know west go histerical at mention underage girl in any sexual-related theme

One thing that make me think AKI was supposed to be very young (despite the fact that x years later she still looks very young) is that as image they chosen to tribute Leon

Quick update

Just did out of curiosity, indeed the japanese version say stuff completely omitted in western version

Used google translate, so may be rough translation, but still it's pretty clear english version cut a piece about AKI's age

English

"Upon hearing the voice, F.A.N.G stopped. A young woman stood in a small, dark corner of one of the city streets. Similar to an assassin, she was a worker in one of the other oldest trades in human history. It was a scene familiar throughout the world - though it was illegal, it was not rare to see such women using the streets for their trade. "

Japanese translated (with google tool)

"The man stops." A woman was standing at the entrance of a narrow side street, shaded by a streetlight. Along with assassin, it is the oldest occupation of humankind. A sight anywhere in the world. Despite being completely prohibited by the laws of this country, the appearance of a woman who is looking forward to spring is not so rare. But she was too young to be called a woman.

English translation stops at generic "young woman", but original Japanese version straight contradict it, mentioning AKI back then was "too young to be called woman" aka underage

English version seems also to paint a generic prostitution on general ("such women") being illegal

Japanese version seems to point more directly at the fact is "completely pohibited" for underage girls (if i'm interpreting correctly "woman who is looking forward to spring" being related to age) to do the old job

To be completely fair we could take in consideration it's not an 1:1 traslation, as it's basically same story written differently in many parts, but pretty clear why western version chosen to skip that line completely

Edited by CESTUS III
20 hours ago, ToreyBeans said:

Anyone happen to notice that A.K.I. had the nihiihii laugh that F.A.N.G. also does? She gonna continue the 2 theme?

I don’t think so. She seems to carry a more general poison theme (poison mushroom hair, snakeskin outfit, her claws seem to be a neko-te)  than the number 2. Other than the laugh, nothing else points to it being the same with her. I assume it’s done out of reverence towards F.A.N.G. than her actually understanding it. 

Then again, we only have this two minute video of her. Maybe she’ll show more two-isms when we see more of her.

TMNT in SF6 showcase. Sorry, although I love TMNT, I'm not buying these, no lip sync? C'mon!

NOTE: Mike's smiling while pushing Manon to the fire was weird AF!

The original TMNT 1987 theme song, sung by "Luke" (Aleks Le was asked to sing it using Luke's voice LOL). Really think he should have screamed "Cowabunga!" in the end....

BTW, for some weird reason (copyrights?), the original vocals can't be used anymore since the Cowabunga Collection last year....

this is why i am against fake leakers and those that defend it along those that downplay the effects in the community of their wrong doing.

It they push toxic entitled behavior because of misinformation and false expectation not base from real data and user feedback but expectation and being misinformed. I have seen a lot of that in fb groups

Believers assume developers are holding back and cancelling already made content thus rallying and demanding against devs for something that weren't there in the beginning or might have been in the drawing board in later seasons but never even started. It's frustrating for something good that never happened 

And it only ends up making dev feels being manipulated and pressured for something that might be on the table in the future but never yet done. And if people gets what it wants because of being rush or being dictated and manipulated by fake leakers while being pressured by rallying fooled gamers by the fake leakers. If fooled gamers gets what they demanded and the fake leaker's fake news/leaks it ill happen again thus a recurring problem.

It creates a terrible cycle that is unhealthy for the devs and designers while turning the fake leaker as someone fake to become credible and creates fake expectation on delivery a decent content, so the fooled ones repeat the process over and over because they get  what they were hype into falsely

SO the best case scenario to deal with fake leakers and the toxicity it creates,  Is avoid being predictable and obvious with planned dlc and projects, then avoid popular wishlist and speculation.  So the fake leakers are the reason why we cannot have things that we really need and want because people are rallying against dev for something that hasn't done yet

u7MOerW.png

Was thinking about items

AKI getting China Stage as location mean she will have her Merchant

Guess we will get china-themed stuff, like the fake "Chu Li" dress and...? Must take a trip to WTM chinatown, not sure there's anything else we're currently missing, so maybe is new stuff

EDIT: we still don't have the Bao Bao guy suit to complete his costume, we just have the head

Mean also that with two stages still to see in S1 (included in Ultimate edition)

Ed will likely get his own stage/merchant and guess we will get some military stuff? Guile stage show NPCs having camo pants, wich at the moment we can't buy

But hope Ed may mean also get some "combat sports" theme stuff, last Nayshall tournament for example showed there are 2 types of unreleased food protections

Akuma will likely get his own stage/merchant too, and i fear i will have to wait till that day to finally get basic Karate/Thai hand stripes

Seen some chars wearing brown praying beads too, guess we will get also these

On general can't wait to see normal shops/merchants expansion, easy example there are 3 different gladiator sets and in Coliseum we can buy almost nothing

Edited by CESTUS III
1 hour ago, DarthEnderX said:

I dunno.  Rashid brough jack-all for plot with him.

Tbh i was'nt expecting much plot from Rashid

If anything i got more than expected with the thing Shadaloo remnants are stalking him, but that's about it

I was also hoping to get bit more Azam, see him fight and story cofirmation of him training Rashid

We got to see him fight, and the confirmation he can use wind powers too and that he's indeed who teached Rashid to fight (before Rashid learned parkour on his own to complete his current style)

Overall i'm satisfied with Rashid DLC

It's true did'nt pushed main big plot, but i expect very few characters will do it

I think AKI will offer a window on what it's left of Shadaloo world under FANG, but even there will imho just be bit foreplay waiting the big events (maybe in Season 2?)

Ed will offer us the whole NeoShadaloo thing, i'm very curious about it and hope they will not go lazy, with all the freaks they got will be a treasure for new characters... would love be able to fight at least Falke, Knife and Gorilla

Overall it's an interesting faction, because while will not necessary become main villain material they can help crazy shit happen

From Akuma expect usual Akuma shit

He will likely not do anything for general story, but just push forward his and Ryu personal sub-plot, wonder if Gouken will be involved

Only thing i'm curious about that is get more info about Sf4 fight with Gouken and SF3 Oro

Beside that i don't expect much more, i doubt SF6 will be the game where Ryu defeat him and we get rid of his ass (at least as baddest guy title)

Bison, Gill or maybe G DLCs is where i would expect possible big push of main plot, anybody else imho will just jump in and enrich what we currently have... wich is ok to me, would prefer chars that help cast variety like Sagat, Dudley, Elena etc over any big Boss shit

Hope Season 2 will have 6 chars, because current 4 deal sucks hard

Rashid was welcome, but for me that interest on AKI is zero next interesting update is like January

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

Random af, but just discovered you can fight Azam to win his monocle item 

Nayshall arena entrance, day time 

Requirement for the challenge is'nt even hard, iirc was just big damage combo (most lv3 supers will do the trick)

Gonna have to check him out to see if they gave him anything unique for moves

20 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Quoted for being true and real.

I'm already managing lowering expectation lol

I had some early speculation of guest character that is inter company later on than more previous street fighter...

What I want :

-More returning SF characters that was never been playable in any 3D  Modern SF and more SF background character that would became playable characters

What I expect to get :

-More NEW characters and Capcom guest characters from other IP

Was thinking, with the TMNT update we meet Yuriko wich tell us this is only the first of many planned collaborations

Wich collaborations you guys would be willing to spend money on?

Would need to be something really cool to make me ignore the scam prices

To me is

SNK  -> specially if Fatal Fury characters. Would ever welcome Terry, Joe or Geese as guests

ARIKA -> for SFEX, furthermore now that SFV made their characters canon (i already made V.Rosso, Allen, Darun, Pullum, D.Dark, C.Jack)

NAMCO -> Tekken of course, but would depend a lot wich char get picked

BAKI -> even if they would need to be VERY good as are pretty simple characters and when we finally get locked contents i will be able to recreate them well ingame myself lol

and one awkward that will appreciate more than any else and will NOT count as collaboration

STREET FIGHTER -> yes, would pay to get pieces for characters that they know already will not return in SF6. It's something they would have done ingame if they was more fan-friendly, but it is what it ispack

I expect we will get also Capcom stuff, like the Resident Evil pack, the Monster Hunter pack and stuff like that (from these i would like Final Fight, Rival Schools, CFAS, Darkstalkers)

Anybody thinking to say "Mortal Kombat", please, have some self respect and don't do it lol

12 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

None.

17 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

What I want :

-More returning SF characters that was never been playable in any 3D  Modern SF

Yes please.  We're very close to completing the set.

SF2:  Everyone's been done.

SFA:  Only missing Sodom, Eagle and Maki.

SF3:  Only missing Necro, Sean, Remy, Q and Twelve.  And all those guys suck anyway.

Edited by DarthEnderX
12 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

SpyxFamily x Street Fighter

news-230702-01.jpg

I will take anything for my number 1 and number 2 all-time Waifus.

• Yor and/or Loid guest staring (playable or cameo) in SF6
  • Spy x Fam costumes for our avatar or a Yor costume for Chun-Li
  • A SxF x SF anime/manga/movie spinoff
  • ANYTHING!!!

1 hour ago, DarthEnderX said:

SF3:  Only missing Necro, Sean, Remy, Q and Twelve.  And all those guys suck anyway.

Yup, Necro really needs to return he and effie got unfinished story and resolution. 

And this is the perfect opportunity to play with Necro against both Blanka and Dhalsim in one game.

On 8/14/2023 at 8:40 PM, Shakunetsu said:

What I want :

-More returning SF characters that was never been playable in any 3D  Modern SF and more SF background character that would became playable characters

Indeed. SF1 characters that we miss are: Joe (with Chuck Norris moveset like Alen Snyder), Geki (maybe Claw's teacher), Lee (but the drunken fist place is occupied, so just Yun & Yang's father), Retsu (this one npc should become playable asap, with the Honda's restaurant yard as background). And I would like Eagle to return, too. Sweet dreams...

But most of it I would like an updated version of SFA3 with these 4 characters added!!!

1 hour ago, martinitolove said:

Joe (with Chuck Norris moveset like Alen Snyder)

Make sure to give him a Walker: Texas Ranger cowboy hat.  Capcom gives every US character a cowboy alt these days.  They obviously want a cowboy fighter.

Geki (maybe Claw's teacher)

I want a retcon that Geki was just Zeku using his young man disguise.

Lee (but the drunken fist place is occupied, so just Yun & Yang's father)

He's their uncle.

But most of it I would like an updated version of SFA3 with these 4 characters added!!!

That would be amazing!  But I don't see it happening.

They added a couple new characters to SF2 a few years ago, but it was just palette swaps of Ryu and Ken.  I don't see Capcom going to the effort of adding all new sprites to Alpha 3 at this point.

On 8/14/2023 at 1:40 PM, CESTUS III said:

None. I don't buy Street Fighter for collaborations. I buy Street Fighter games for SF. Rather get more playable SF characters with no collaborations personally. In fact lets trade the collaborations for two more characters being added to Season 1.

4 hours ago, martinitolove said:

Indeed. SF1 characters that we miss are: Joe (with Chuck Norris moveset like Alen Snyder), Geki (maybe Claw's teacher), Lee (but the drunken fist place is occupied, so just Yun & Yang's father), Retsu (this one npc should become playable asap, with the Honda's restaurant yard as background). And I would like Eagle to return, too. Sweet dreams...

Yeah Im okay with other SF1 characters as NPC, because they arent competent enough. My exception is Lee and Gen. Ill consider Joe since the rework idea is interesting

2 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Make sure to give him a Walker: Texas Ranger cowboy hat.  Capcom gives every US character a cowboy alt these days.  They obviously want a cowboy fighter.

yeah that a good combination

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

None. I don't buy Street Fighter for collaborations. I buy Street Fighter games for SF. Rather get more playable SF characters with no collaborations personally. In fact lets trade the collaborations for two more characters being added to Season 1.

Agree, Me too Im glad that TMNT was just a costume for avatar. Yet its too expensive for some. 

I would agree on them being more as a avatar costume but rather a what if storyline event for NPC to visit the SEWERS but not something playable that the street fighters interact on them or do convo on them like Akuma in Tekken thats bad idea.

An NPC version of TMNT characters Michael Angelo, Raph, Leo, Don and Splinter giving fetch quest or rescue quest(April) something that can be fought against in a what if event like EXTRA BATTLE SFV.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Has there ever been any indication of what type of modifications Effie was given?

So far NONE yet

I was speculating stuff in the character anticipation thread in SRK back then

1st one is like Necro but the Morphing features

Since Necro has the streching powers. So i was thinking it would be the best on Effie that she could morph her limbs to weapons.

Why did I choose morphing limbs? because I think it makes sense for her because

Necro having stretching while her limb morphing kinda like a what TWELVE both have.

My idea back there was her limbs transforms to chainsaws and drills but @DarthEnderX dislike it

O4Ruitj.gif

I tried another one that is INVINSIBILITY and the other one is the HARDENING of body mass like Emma Frost or create shields.

Now looking back I was thinking about String Decomposition,  Like Jolyne Kujo Powers Using STONE FREE, and also converting his body to Mobius Strip.

M36wQWc.gif

Kinda still a NOD to one of TWELVE abilities. if the weapon shapeshifting limbs are a no go for others.

I like the Idea of Effie power linking to Necro to TWELVE thats my main idea of how Effie's power is

so my ORIGINAL IDEA was supposed to be

Necro Powers + Effie Powers = Twelve Powers 

Stretch + Effies Powers? = Twelves Abilities

Kinda how I create a FORMULA for Effie's powers? 

So it could either be one

1.) Shapeshifting LIMBS like Arms and Leg

2.) Invisibility like Necro ability

3.) Summons synthetics Strings, and also use String Decomposition, the NEW one I recently thinking base on Stone Free.

Tr6XyrS.png

Edited by Shakunetsu
22 minutes ago, ShockDingo said:

Only in the Udon book one shot which was enjoyable. She had the ability to manifest a crustacean-like armor. I wanna see more of these two, they're underrated.

When I conceptualized her as a playable character, I gave her a high density. So in spite of her meager stature, she weighed several times more than her appearance with indicate. I haven't glanced at the concept in a while, IIRC I gave her some sort of armor mechanic. Wait....I actually put these things on the forum. I'm going to go look at to make sure I'm not talking out of my ass 😅

Edit: Not quite senile yet, I just checked. Yeah I did give her a high bone and muscle density. So in my concept she's only 5' but weighs 214lbs. I gave her moveset a sprite theme to go along with her "Spritely Powerhouse"  nick name.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
45 minutes ago, ShockDingo said:

Only in the Udon book one shot which was enjoyable. She had the ability to manifest a crustacean-like armor. I wanna see more of these two, they're underrated.

does she change color and body mass? or just having to grow shells?

36 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

When I conceptualized her as a playable character, I gave her a high density. So in spite of her meager stature, she weighed several times more than her appearance with indicate. I haven't glanced at the concept in a while, IIRC I gave her some sort of armor mechanic. Wait....I actually put these things on the forum. I'm going to go look at to make sure I'm not talking out of my ass 😅

Likely the safer guess on her powers since durability can be related to her because of necro and twelve.

so we might all have common think on her in a safer bet, the difference is how it would be executed

Edited by Shakunetsu
2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Has there ever been any indication of what type of modifications Effie was given?

Canon wise no, beside the fact we can assume being a Secret Society experiment good chances she got an element (like Kolin) or maybe an element AND something else too in terms of body modification + chip (like Necro)*

Being part of same experiment group of Necro (G-project), would find more coherent the latter. 

Would fit also the difference between Kolin who's treated with "respect" and just received a gift without deform her body, and Necro who have been turned into a freak (Effie having very very pale skin/dark eyebags/unhealty look may be result of her body modification)

Capcom SFV CRI profile had her with a chainshaw, not sure if they plan to keep that going on or if they was just rolling with Kiki's artwork

Keep in mind lot of Kiki stuff was ignored even in SFV itself, so who knows

Udon got her having the ability to modify her weight/density up and down at will (kinda like One Piece's Miss Valentine), but that was back when udon had zero direct power on canon

*personally as element would like her having water in the form of mist/vapor, could be used to make her a ghost-like form and tricks wich would fit her kinda pale goth style features while having a "grounded" explanation that fit SF world 👻

Edited by CESTUS III