Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

18 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Yeah, will not be surprised if they drop her in Nayshall as generic location like Rashid

Even if i would like her getting personal stage, either Palazzo Mistero or her returning home in Egypt

Yeah, I have a feeling that any characters hailing from the “Middle East” will be dumped in Nayshall, sadly, along with Rashid (e.g, Hakan & Menat) 

14 hours ago, mykka said:

Well Rashid is in Cairo to see her

Cool you're right 👍

Did'nt gave much attention to udon comic, thought it was just generic Nayshall (because in WTM we meet Rashid ithre)

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Yeah, I have a feeling that any characters hailing from the “Middle East” will be dumped in Nayshall, sadly, along with Rashid (e.g, Hakan & Menat) 

General rule of SF6 is if you don't have your own stage, you'll be dumped in one of the big WTM cities

AKI will eat last stage avaible, Ed and Akuma will likely get both personal stage (as Season1 is supposed to include 2 new stages)

Future Seasons will likely follow same or similar path

Personally would like S2 be like 6 new chars and 3 new stages

On 9/4/2023 at 2:46 PM, DarthEnderX said:

If anyone else here has been a fan of Noe V./BigMex's blogs on fighting game design for years like me, I just want to bring attention to the fact that, for the past month or so, he's been doing a series about SF6 that's up to 16 parts now.

https://streetwriterpodcast.blogspot.com/

Some good reading material they’re obviously drawing correlations between Juri and AKI too 

Spoiler

Capcom must have known that between Juri, and A.K.I. the toxic female Asian trope was becoming redundant. I'm not sure why they felt like they had to double-down on this route. The question remained. Was Capcom doing right with character representation? Could this simply be chalked up to an artistic choice, and not a jab at the Chinese villain trope? The studio had done much better with Dhalsim, Blanka, and Rashid in this title. However A.K.I seemed to be a step backwards, at least to me. Street Fighter 6 was doing a lot to address the mistakes in the past. To make up for ugly characters, and ugly design choices. To become more inclusive when it came to ideas of sex, and gender roles.

It’s really not if Capcom thinks if AKI is redundant or a negative stereotype. She’s similar to Juri, and Juri is the most recent successful and popular SF design.

Her design is not about representation of Asian women or an artistic choice. Her design is pushing what Capcom thinks is successful. Chun Li is successful, so is Juri, why not double down into what has been making them money so far?

1 hour ago, DarthEnderX said:

That's probably true.  But that doesn't make it less lame.

It’s better than another Evil Shoto or Necalli. People like evil Chun Li variants. They each have something that sets them apart from Chun Li besides the fact that they’re just evil variants of her.  They also have something that is similar to designs or concepts that were also tied to Chun Li. 

Juri and Chun li are the most relevant popular characters in the past 5 years of SF. Why wouldn’t they base yet another character off of their most relevant top two characters? More so off of the edgy one who ranks higher than the goody two boots one. 

spacer.png

41 minutes ago, bakfromon said:

Why wouldn’t they base yet another character off of their most relevant top two characters? 

Because that's not how demographics work.

People who are fans of characters like Juri, already HAVE Juri.  They're already invested.  You don't bring in anyone new by making another Juri.

New characters will do better if they check boxes that haven't already been checked.  Just look at Marisa.

Just the fact that A.K.I. is all about being happy to do whatever her "master" says and idolizing F.A.N.G, while Juri couldn't be forced to take orders from someone else if it didn't align with her interests, let alone idolize, should tell a lot about how Juri and A.K.I. are pretty different characters outside of surface similarities.

The only thing they have in common is that they're Asian and evil ladies. Maybe the color palettes are pretty close, because they both have purple in their themes, but then again that's just a poison-coded color, and I don't think A.K.I. would have looked very good had they gone for the other poison-coded color which is green. There's already one green motherfucker who slides on the ground too much in this game.

Like, if Kolin had been Asian, would she have been considered Juri-adjacent as well?

New items at the Battle Hub store seems to confirm that Marisa’s full name is Marisa Rossetti. The name appears with a logo of a centurion helmet. Looking it up, Rossetti is derived from the Italian word Rosso which means red. Rossetti itself has been used as a nickname to refer to someone with red hair.

This makes JP and A.K.I. to be the only new characters in SF6 without a stated last name.

Edited by BornWinner
On 9/5/2023 at 8:15 PM, bakfromon said:

Capcom must have known that between Juri, and A.K.I. the toxic female Asian trope was becoming redundant. I'm not sure why they felt like they had to double-down on this route. The question remained. Was Capcom doing right with character representation? Could this simply be chalked up to an artistic choice, and not a jab at the Chinese villain trope? The studio had done much better with Dhalsim, Blanka, and Rashid in this title. However A.K.I seemed to be a step backwards, at least to me. Street Fighter 6 was doing a lot to address the mistakes in the past. To make up for ugly characters, and ugly design choices. To become more inclusive when it came to ideas of sex, and gender roles.

This is some legit brain-rot from BigMex.

Chun-Li, Ibuki, Karin, Maki, Makoto, Mika, Sakura...

These are all female Asian characters and none of them are villains. 'Doubling down' on 'Asian female that is a villain' being a...what? A negative stereotype of the "Chinese villain trope"? Are you actually for real? Juri isn't even Chinese so how the hell is it even a 'double down'? Also, is it even then POSSIBLE to make a Chinese villain without this somehow fulfilling some 'negative trope'? It's an absurd statement on the face of it because it completely eliminates an entire ethnicity from being villainous...in a series where the most prominent HERO is also from the same area (and specifically the same country)...and she happens to be the most prominent and influential female in the entire medium.

Dude has a lot of good takes...this one however is dumpster-tier.

1 hour ago, YagamiFire said:

This is some legit brain-rot from BigMex.

Chun-Li, Ibuki, Karin, Maki, Makoto, Mika, Sakura...

These are all female Asian characters and none of them are villains. 'Doubling down' on 'Asian female that is a villain' being a...what? A negative stereotype of the "Chinese villain trope"? Are you actually for real? Juri isn't even Chinese so how the hell is it even a 'double down'? Also, is it even then POSSIBLE to make a Chinese villain without this somehow fulfilling some 'negative trope'? It's an absurd statement on the face of it because it completely eliminates an entire ethnicity from being villainous...in a series where the most prominent HERO is also from the same area (and specifically the same country)...and she happens to be the most prominent and influential female in the entire medium.

Dude has a lot of good takes...this one however is dumpster-tier.

I think the doubling down on the Chinese villain is about F.A.N.G, and I recall he argued that F.A.N.G is at least a little based off Fu-Manchu tropes and old media that used to depict Asians and Chinese people  as exotic and shit, and A.K.I. obviously also plays on that because she's still taking a lot from F.A,N.G. Still, I think the argument doesn't really work because it's fairly unlike that Capcom, a Japanese company, could push an anti-Asian Western stereotype even by accident, and even if you tried to reframe the thing as anti-Chinese it still doesn't make much sense when half of the face of the series comes from Chun-Li.

That kind of reading on F.A.N.G and A.K.I. characters never made much sense to me.

2 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

Also, is it even then POSSIBLE to make a Chinese villain without this somehow fulfilling some 'negative trope'?

How many Chinese villains does SF need?

It's an absurd statement on the face of it because it completely eliminates an entire ethnicity from being villainous

Considering SF only has, like, 3 female villains to begin with, it's not greeeat that 2 of them are Asian.

37 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

I think the doubling down on the Chinese villain is about F.A.N.G, and I recall he argued that F.A.N.G is at least a little based off Fu-Manchu tropes and old media that used to depict Asians and Chinese people  as exotic and shit, and A.K.I. obviously also plays on that because she's still taking a lot from F.A,N.G.

FANG is ALMOST as racist as the Chinese assassin in Yakuza 0.  AKI isn't as bad as FANG, but she's not without issue.

2 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

FANG is ALMOST as racist as the Chinese assassin in Yakuza 0.  AKI isn't as bad as FANG, but she's not without issue.

3123b437b2e9e09409d8efa59d9193406cac06b7

Damn Anti-Chinese racist *checks notes* Stephen Chow!

2 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Considering SF only has, like, 3 female villains to begin with, it's not greeeat that 2 of them are Asian.

Yeah it's genuinely INSANE that in a game about martial arts and martial arts cinema that a lot of the characters are Asian. Did you know the majority of the HEROES are Asian too? Racist AF.

Edited by YagamiFire
23 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

3123b437b2e9e09409d8efa59d9193406cac06b7

Damn Anti-Chinese racist *checks notes* Stephen Chow.

JFC dude, FANG is WAY more of an exaggerated stereotype than they are.

And if you can't tell the difference, you might be a redneck.

24 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

It ESPECIALLY doesn't make sense when FANG is an overt homage to characters from Chinese cinema. Ah the scourge of Chinese-on-Chinese racism rears its head again!

So you're basically one of those "If it's okay for them to use the N-word, then it should be okay for ME to use the N-word!" people.

Edited by DarthEnderX

What is up with this Restera level of looking for something to be offended by? Are people really complaining about Chinese stereotypes in Street Fighter like stereotypes are exclusive to Chinese characters. Street Fighter is built on stereo types of mutliple races and nationalities. There are multiple characters of Chinese heritage in Street Fighter most of whom aren't villians. Jamie's whole deal is trying to follow the heroic examples of Yun and Yang. Let's pretend like Chun Li doesn't exit. It's not like she's one of the faces of the franchise or anything. It's not like she adopted an orphan or helped take down a sinister criminal organization or anything. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem

JFC dude, FANG is WAY more of an exaggerated stereotype than they are.

And if you can't tell the difference, you might be a redneck.

Only in regards to typical SF exaggeration of characters. Also 'redneck' is a  (mostly race based) derogatory term. Also also, it's particularly funny here since FANG was created by Capcom of Japan whom I am pretty sure isn't staffed by 'rednecks' and overtly have FANG shown to be an homage to classics of kung-fu cinema same as Fei Long and several other characters.

So you're basically one of those "If it's okay for them to use the N-word, then it should be okay for ME to use the N-word!" people.

I do believe there is no moral separation between different people using words. The only thing that differentiates word usage is intent of that usage. For instance, singing song lyrics does not magically become morally abhorrent based on someone's race. That's racist thinking.

Personally, I choose not to use certain words not because of some kind of bizarre racist race-based passkey system but because I don't believe in using words like slurs. I don't find a place for them in my lexicon. They're beneath me. Y'know, an actual MORAL stance.

Edited by YagamiFire
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

What is up with this Restera level of looking for something to be offended by? Are people really complaining about Chinese stereotypes in Street Fighter like stereotypes are exclusive to Chinese characters. Street Fighter is built on stereo types of mutliple races an nationalities. There are multiple characters of Chinese heritage in Street Fighter most of whom aren't villians. Jamie's whole deal is trying to follow the heroic examples of Yun and Yang. Let's pretend like Chun Li doesn't exit. It's not liek she's one of the faces of the franchise or anything. It's not like she adopted an orphan or helped take down a sinister criminal organization or anything. 

Seriously. The original SF China rep is the most positive, awesome, morally-upstanding character in the entire series...so it's kind of hard to paint SF as having some sinister anti-Asian Women agenda at work 🤣

Also there's something SERIOUSLY messed up about conflating Chinese and Korean characters into a blend of "well they're both Asian so they're the same thing".

SF has always traded on tropes to make characters instantly classically recognizable while also elevating those characters with genuine characterization and originality. AKI...doesn't even particularly fulfill ANY trope unless BigMex is claiming "Asia has had female villains. Period" as some kind of insidious trope pervasive throughout entertainment media which is, frankly, an insane contention for a number of reasons including just the surface level "Bruh..." take of such a blanket stance.

He can't even invoke the "Dragon lady" trope here because AKI isn't some devious mastermind nor a seductress...she's overtly a 2nd banana AND off-putting and not seductive. She's creepy and weird AF. Also also, it wouldn't even be negative since it's a POSITIVE compliment if you're Chinese that is basically equivalent to calling someone a "boss bitch".

Edited by YagamiFire

Also 'redneck' is a  (mostly race based) derogatory term.

Correct.  That is a thing I am doing, at you.  On account of you actin' like it.

Protip:  The only people who spend paragraphs trying to argue why something isn't actually racist...are racists.

I do believe there is no moral separation between different people using words.

Cool!  Masks off!

Personally, I choose not to use certain words not because of some kind of bizarre racist race-based passkey system but because I don't believe in using words like slurs. I don't find a place for them in my lexicon. They're beneath me. Y'know, an actual MORAL stance.

Yes, I'm sure not wanting to get punched in the face is a very moral stance for you.

Seriously. The original SF China rep is the most positive, awesome, morally-upstanding character in the entire series...so it's kind of hard to paint SF as having some sinister anti-Asian Women agenda at work

I don't understand why you keep making this argument.  The fact that Chun-Li isn't racist doesn't make every other SF character automatically not racist.  You can have one character be racist, and another not.  Chun-Li being okay, doesn't make T. Hawk or El Fuerte okay.

im not following much of MK fandom but Im so surprised that many men had facination with those kind of violent and evil skinny ladies

like Milleena and the recent Meagan Fox voice vampire character

Is it im too old or something that the type of relationship that people in twenties now like it complicated 

like this FIX AKI or something I can fix Aki i see on twitter and YT.

I remember watching eminem video with dido title STAN that kinda of relationship and attraction is hard even females like the Joker and Harlee relationship.

Its like men wants kumplicated females with violent tendencies. Im not judging a certain invidual what I am saying is that those kind of females are popular to the men of today?

Yandere?

Yes, I'm sure not wanting to get punched in the face is a very moral stance for you.

LMAO Did you just unironically do the "The only reason people don't use slurs is because black people are so violent they'll punch someone in the face for saying words" argument? Cuz...it really sounds like it. This might shock you, but some people refrain from using slurs not because they're afraid of SCAAAARY minorities punching them but, y'know, cuz it's not cool to use slurs. Or do you think someone using a slur in their own house risks someone popping out of the aether to punch them? 🤣We are what we do when no one is watching. Therefore I don't use slurs at all to refer to people. Pretty simple.

As for you...I guess you just don't use slurs out of fear of reprisal? Damn, man. Talk about telling on yourself. I can only imagine what you get up to saying when you know no one is around to hear.

Protip:  The only people who spend paragraphs trying to argue why something isn't actually racist...are racists.

Protip: This is a REALLY stupid standard. Like astoundingly stupid. Like blithering ardent Flat-Earther stupid. Straight up "If the woman drowns she wasn't really a witch but if she swims she's a witch so we'll burn her to death" level stupid 'logic'.

Cool!  Masks off!

Correct. I do not judge peoples actions based on their race. Cuz I'm not racist. I judge people based on their actions and the intent of those actions regardless of race. Crazy concept I guess?

You went from 0 to 11 over a BigMex article FAST. Good talk. Stay classy. I particularly liked the part where you said you knowingly called someone a racially charged slur...while accusing someone of being racist. The irony gave me a good chuckle.

Be less of a racist authoritarian busybody in search of offense, bro. It'll do you good.

Edited by YagamiFire
54 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Its like men wants kumplicated females with violent tendencies. Im not judging a certain invidual what I am saying is that those kind of females are popular to the men of today?

Yeah hard pass on that please. Chun-Li type > Juri type any day of the week. Have never understood the appeal. To each their own I suppose but seems like a way to set yourself up for trouble going after the crazies!

Edited by YagamiFire

LMAO Did you just unironically do the "The only reason people don't use slurs is because black people are so violent they'll punch someone in the face for saying words" argument?

You think only Black people will punch you for saying it?

Protip: This is a REALLY stupid standard. Like astoundingly stupid. Like blithering ardent Flat-Earther stupid. Straight up "If the woman drowns she wasn't really a witch but if she swims she's a witch so we'll burn her to death" level stupid 'logic'.

No, it's completely accurate.

When a minority person tells you that something is racist, there are two ways you can react to it.

1.  Go "Oh.  Good to know."

2. Write an entire essay explaining why the minority is wrong and the racist thing is actually fine because of how rational and moral your arguments are.

Guess which one is the one racists do.

You went from 0 to 11 over a BigMex article FAST.

BigMex: "AKI's design incorporates some dated stereotypes and doesn't seem as progressive as the rest of SF6."

You: "Brain-rot dumpster tier!".

If anyone "REEEEEEEEE"ed here, it's you.

Edited by DarthEnderX

When a minority person tells you that something is racist, there are two ways you can react to it.

"Um ackshually, minorities are magical fairy creatures that have the infallible ability to be right about EVERYTHING to do with race and racism even when they're saying it about a race that isn't their own"

My Chinese sister-in-law said you're being very racist with that sort of "Magical minority" thinking. I say the same thing. That's two to one.

Please react in your prescribed non-racist way.

Except you won't. Instead you'll deny her existence and her condemnation of what you've said here just as you'll ignore the fact that I condemn what you said as racist as a minority as well. So...aren't you required to agree with her and me? Or do you get special privilege? How does this nonsense work (especially since you literally denounced the concepts of rationality and morality 😂)? Is there some advanced Minority Math you use? Show your work. I could use the laugh.

You won't be consistent cuz you're an authoritarian amoral hypocrite with no actual philosophical or even coherent foundation to your thinking because you're a religious nutbar that doesn't even realize they're religious at all who will GLADLY ignore, denounce and erase the existence of any minority that disagrees with you even while OH SO RIGHTEOUSLY claiming to champion them.

You have no standards. You just want to morally grandstand to show off how "enlightened" you are. You get off on accusing people of things like some Puritanical witch-burner because it gives you a thrill of righteous indignation, consequences and truth be damned. "Oh what a good person I am! I called THREE people racist today! That'll show the world I'm valorous and good!" What a sad, sickening little person.

Not everyone shares your insane religious convictions. The sooner you realize that the sooner you might be mentally healthy.

Here's your trope, you walking meme-person

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MagicalMinorityPerson

Be better and stop throwing around slurs, racist (oooh I feel so righteous).

Edited by YagamiFire
3 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

When a minority person tells you that something is racist

Doesn't mean it's racist. I'm a "minority" and there are a segment of us that default to something being racist when it's not. There are dumbasses that think negro is racist when its the Spanish word for "black." Worse like many people these they'll double down on the fact in even when it's pointed out. I've seen a similar discourse around the country of Niger. At least with the word "niggardly" I could give them a bit of pass, at least until they take the 30 seconds to Google the definition and find that the word has nothing to do with the N word. 

41 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

There are dumbasses that think negro is racist when its the Spanish word for "black."

Have run into similar stuff with people not knowing that 'negro' is 'black' in Portuguese which has created the weird situation where some people now try to use 'preto' instead but that is even weirder if you know the linguistics because that is a reference to the color itself which seems like a weird way to refer to someone and is contrary to usage of that word altogether. So anglophone understanding of language is created a reaction where their ignorance of another language is making some speakers of that language try to avoid that bullshit but, in doing so, are using a less accurate and kind-of more rude word to refer to people.

It boggles the mind...and is again something remedied in the first place by people being less knee-jerk and more gracious in interacting with other people.

EDIT:

41 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I've seen a similar discourse around the country of Niger.

LMAO holy shit are you serious?!

Edited by YagamiFire
9 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Doesn't mean it's racist. I'm a "minority" and there are a segment of us that default to something being racist when it's not. There are dumbasses that think negro is racist when its the Spanish word for "black."

There was also a confusing problem with an island here in the philippines using negro if it was racist or not since we were under spanish regime in a long time.

the location is Negros Occidental and Negros Oriental.

Edited by Shakunetsu

to be honest I'm really confused with the new RACIST idea 

In my head I always view something racist if someone view personals derogatory because of his race or his race became an argument to his inability or personal issue.

I do separate culture or cultural exclusivity though

I just avoid racist term and doesn't talk people being <this> or <that> because of his race ... or doesn't include race on talking to someone that race wasn't involved in an argument.

But now for someone that enjoy the tribal format in MTG and has tons of Tribal Deck then this is happening now?

12 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

No, but I don't think Capcom is trying to smear Chinese people either when Chun-Li is their poster girl.

That's assuming it's being done maliciously.  I don't think anyone is suggesting Capcom is TRYING to offend China.  But racism can occur through ignorance and thoughtlessness as well.

11 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Yes, the five paragraphs you just wrote about how not racist you are are DEFINITELY proving how not racist you are.  It doesn't seem defensive at all.

But by all means, keep copy/pasting me arguments from the racist arguments website you have open in the next tab.

You really are on reset era levels of braindead. 

7 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Sorry if I missed this, and hope to not dredge anything back up,  but I’m curious;  what are some folk saying is problematic about AKI? 

Nothing remotely intelligent. I could sugar coat it, but I'm too old care about the feelings of numbskulls at this point. This rampant idiocy desensitizes people to actual racism and other problematic activities as well via similar asinine behavior. Its like people read "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" and decided to use it as a doctrine on how to live life. 

5 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

It's extremely unclear beyond that she's one of two female Asian villains in Street Fighter.

Thank you - from my POV, she’s awesome; a direction the series has never really gone in before, in terms of her horror-vibe. She’s a bit like Voldo from the Soul series in that regard; designed to shock and offer something that’s almost out-of-genre, but isn’t  (they even move about in a similar way). Looking forward to playing her! 

On 9/7/2023 at 12:59 AM, BornWinner said:

New items at the Battle Hub store seems to confirm that Marisa’s full name is Marisa Rossetti. The name appears with a logo of a centurion helmet. Looking it up, Rossetti is derived from the Italian word Rosso which means red. Rossetti itself has been used as a nickname to refer to someone with red hair.

Rossetti would not be used related to hair

For somebody with red hair we would just say "rosso di capelli" or that he have "capelli rossi", may be used shortened for females, like for example a ginger girl could be refered just as "una rossa"

Rossetti closest word would be "rossetto", with is the word we use for lipstick (as classic color back when word was invented was just red/rosso)

Actually rossetti is plural version of rossetto

Btw absolute shame on them for not calling her Marisa Rosso, so Shadaloo can kidnap her and Capcom would be forced to summon her cousin to rescue her, and SF6 would be saved

avs5.jpg.db3d184d5bb26c18808dd415ef7864c

On 9/7/2023 at 12:59 AM, BornWinner said:

This makes JP and A.K.I. to be the only new characters in SF6 without a stated last name.

We know JP's declared surname, wich is Petrovich, we just know it's fake... but that's part of the char nature of use multiple fake indentities, still the effort of give him a surname to keep the trend alive was done

A.K.I. is same as JP in the sense for the gimmick they done with her name we can't have access to that info, if she was just a regular woman instead F.A.N.G.'s disciple we would probably have got her surname too 👍

4 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

Anyone been paying attention to these?

Used online translator (so wiill be probably far from perfect, but at least we get idea of what's going on), i put it on spoiler as is kinda long text
sf1-retsu.gif20100428134838411.png

Spoiler

Cherry blossom petals fluttered down.

I extended the boar cup in my hand.

I thought it would be elegant to float on sake here, but the petals fall down to avoid the boar cup and join them on the ground.

"Kakka kakka! This is also very elegant, isn't it?

I said, raising the boar's mouth to the sky.
A man makes a toast to nothing.

He is dressed like a monk, but his gold watch and other ornaments give him a different look.

He is sitting under a cherry tree with sake and shortcake by his side.

He drank the sake and ate the shortcake immediately, and looked satisfied.

He exhaled and looked at the cherry trees.

It's another fine day for cherry blossom viewing.
It's a perfect day for cherry blossom viewing, I thought to myself.

I've been drinking at this hour again! You're drinking again at this hour!

The girl's voice ended the peaceful moment.

I've told you many times! You're not allowed to drink here!

The girl takes up the sake bottle beside the man.

The girl's voice said, "I've told you many times! Shortcake?

The girl, who seemed to have been angry, suddenly has a dubious look on her face.
She is dressed in a miko costume and has a broom in her hand.

Why, Miharu?"

The man grabs the sake cup back from the girl in the miko costume, saying, "Give it to me.

Oh, God," he says, "I don't even know if I'm drunk and fell into the pond! I won't know if you get drunk and fall into the pond, Retsu-san.

I'll never know if you fall into the pond, Retsu-san! I'm not so far gone that I'm drowning in alcohol. How about you?

The man called "Retsu" offered Miru a cup of sake.
He showed his broomstick to chase Retsu away.

Don't be silly, please get out of the way. I've got a lot of flower petals that need to be cleaned up.

I've got to clean up. It's not very elegant to sweep away the rug.

Even if it is clean now, it will get dirty soon. Even if it is clean now, it will get dirty soon. I mean, if you're going to drink, why don't you help me? You're not busy anyway, are you?

No, no, don't underestimate me, little girl. I have one or two things to do too.

Retsu stood up as he said this.
The first thing to do is to drink the remaining sake in the cup and stretch out your stiff body.

Oh, I see. What is it? Is it some kind of training?

What the hell is that? Don't be like him. Don't think that all martial artists like to train.

Hmm? Then what are you going to do?

What are you going to do? Sweets, Sweets.

× X X X

Retsu muttered in his mind, "This is a bustling town, isn't it?

He left Japan in search of sweets and came here to Beat Square in Metro City.

He was thinking, "Will I stand out in this outfit? But the Beat Square was a place where even Retsu could fit in as part of the scenery.

I think this is the charm of this town.

He told himself that he wanted to look around, but first he had to try the sweets, so he walked deeper into the city.

As he entered a deserted alleyway, he was surrounded by a group of people wearing TV-like costumes.

What's with you guys? What's with you guys dressed so weirdly?

I don't want to be talked to by old men!"

I understood that talking normally means they are normal people.
If he had been attacked by an unknown creature in a foreign country, it would have made a good souvenir story, but he was disappointed in his heart.

Hey, old man! You're wearing a nice necklace and watch, aren't you? This town is a little bit dangerous, so we'll take care of them for you, shall we?"

Rui's face was filled with a puzzled expression.
Then, perhaps understanding the situation, he blurts out a laugh and bursts out laughing.

What are you laughing at? What are you laughing at? Are you making fun of me?

I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry! I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I haven't been mugged in a long time. I haven't been mugged in a long time. So, you guys don't know me?

What? What are you talking about, old man? Just give me the money!

"Oh, you don't know me? I've been here for a long time. He's a fighter known by many people. You don't have enough respect for the old man. These days, you know what they say about punks.

Shut up! Hey, let's do it!

With a command, a group of hooded men attacked Retsu.
Laughing, RYOKU took a stance! Laughing, RYOKU takes his stance.

× X X X X

Michael happened to be passing by that day.
He was on his way to his friend's house in the neighborhood.

He happened to be on his way to his friend's house in the neighborhood, when he saw a fight between a thug and a mysterious man in front of him.

Street fights are a common occurrence in this town, and normally I wouldn't pay attention to them, but I couldn't help but notice their distinctive appearance.

After looking at him for a while, I felt more discomfort than the appearance of the person fighting.

What's with that guy? He's so strong ......."

The fight was one-to-many.
The thugs are trying to attack him with four or five people surrounding him at the same time.

But the guy, as if he had eyes in his back, caught and handled everyone's attacks beautifully.

Is Ossan smiling at something?"

In the midst of the dizzying attack and defense, Ossan seemed to be smiling happily.

Of course, I had no proof of this, but I am certain that the fight was so overwhelming that it seemed so.

The goons did not seem to be weak by any means.
Sharp punches and heavy-looking kicks, each blow was dangerous enough for Michael.

But the old man was parrying their attacks and delivering kicks in return.

And so gradually the hoodlums fell to the ground.
One by one, the fallen hoodlums covered the ground.

Wow, we beat them all!

Michael suddenly realized that he was making a clenched fist.
He was excited without realizing it.

"Hey, bro!"

Michael looked up when he heard the voice.
He looked up and saw the man he had been fighting with standing right in front of him.

He said, "Do you know any good sweets stores around here?

Sweets?

Yes, sweets. I want something as sweet as possible.

Oh, well, there's a cafe in the Masters Building at .......

Michael was surprised at his own response.
He was surprised at his own response. Perhaps he had become calmer because of the question he had never imagined.

Good heavens, good heavens," he said! I'll head there then. Thanks for the information.

When he finished, the old man started walking away.
Michael called out to him.

"Uh, um, what's your name?

"Hmm? Is it me? Well, I guess I'll call myself ...... the Rootless Breaking Monk.

With that, the old man disappeared into the hustle and bustle of Metro City.

Edited by CESTUS III