Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

When you think about it AKI probably is the SF char with darkest backstory 

You would think that to be the case but she says that she sorta puts herself in the situation she was in being a street urchin. 

She had parents who worked in the city so much that they pretty much didn’t have time for her so they pawned her off to her relatives. She didn’t like her relatives so she decided to run away from them and live on the streets.

At first AKI mention that she had no parents or family so it kinda implied that she was an orphan by chance and not by choice. Who knows why she wanted to leave her relatives? She doesn’t mention any details about their relationship or why it didn’t work out. Though apparently her life as a street kid outweighed whatever she was going through with her relatives. 

It’s not really that dark when you consider that her path in life was something that she had a choice in and not something she didn’t. Especially when characters like Juri were orphaned by having her family killed and was herself gravely injured in that process.  AKI’s life doesn’t start to become dark until after she starts making bad decisions for herself and that includes meeting FANG. 

Then she takes so much after FANG that she has that obsessive trait for him that he has for Bison. It’s funny because AKI just drools over FANG while he couldn’t care less and is a Bisonsexual waiting for his masters return. That’s just a love triangle in the making. 

Good on F.A.N.G, he may be a homicidal assassin that has no problems melting people into goo via poison but even he don' t do that pedo shit. 

Side Note: Yeah the "Psycho Sakura" vibes I got from A.K.I. pre-release seem to have panned out. Her obsession with F.A.N.G. makes Sakura's infatuation with Ryu and F.A.N.G.'s loyalty to Bison look EXTREMELY mild by comparison. 

4 hours ago, bakfromon said:

You would think that to be the case but she says that she sorta puts herself in the situation she was in being a street urchin. 

She had parents who worked in the city so much that they pretty much didn’t have time for her so they pawned her off to her relatives. She didn’t like her relatives so she decided to run away from them and live on the streets.

At first AKI mention that she had no parents or family so it kinda implied that she was an orphan by chance and not by choice. Who knows why she wanted to leave her relatives? She doesn’t mention any details about their relationship or why it didn’t work out. Though apparently her life as a street kid outweighed whatever she was going through with her relatives. 

It’s not really that dark when you consider that her path in life was something that she had a choice in and not something she didn’t. Especially when characters like Juri were orphaned by having her family killed and was herself gravely injured in that process.  AKI’s life doesn’t start to become dark until after she starts making bad decisions for herself and that includes meeting FANG. 

Then she takes so much after FANG that she has that obsessive trait for him that he has for Bison. It’s funny because AKI just drools over FANG while he couldn’t care less and is a Bisonsexual waiting for his masters return. That’s just a love triangle in the making.

That's interesting, i must still see that part... from SFV side-story i had impression she was poor and her brother somehow got her in that role, with her being used by him for his scam

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Good on F.A.N.G, he may be a homicidal assassin that has no problems melting people into goo via poison but even he don' t do that pedo shit.

Tbh in side story FANG did'nt had particular scruple about her age, he simply remind how as side effect the poison treatment removed from him any sexual desire/instinct

Her being 15 or 18  or 32 does'nt change anything to him because he became completely asexual

36 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

That's interesting, i must still see that part... from SFV side-story i had impression she was poor and her brother somehow got her in that role, with her being used by him for his scam

Tbh in side story FANG did'nt had particular scruple about her age, he simply remind how as side effect the poison treatment removed from him any sexual desire/instinct

Her being 15 or 18  or 32 does'nt change anything to him because he became completely asexual

Yes, but what if her name was 貳 🙃

3 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Right and she also gives the impression that she had no family or home to go to. 

It’s only when she later tells you in detail about why her parents were seemingly out of the picture.

She was born out in the country and her parents worked in the city too much to raise her effectively so they gave custody to their relatives. She must have hated her relatives a lot to want to run away from them but she doesn’t mention why she disliked them. If she had been abused it would make sense but we don’t know that for a fact. She may have just been attracted to the streets out of a sense of excitement and her family had been boring her.

Who knows, but what we do know is that she flat out states she had a family out in the countryside that she abandoned. 

It's like Sf6 is cleaning or irrelevant information being bought in Sf5

Interestingly that they bring back FANG as NPC,

Seth, Lee, Rufus, Twelve, Eleven and Q. Should had been also brough back as NPC

who are the previous playable characters do you like to return as NPC?

Edited by Shakunetsu

Full list of WTM new items as far i know

- Shadaloo Soldier Helmet (AKI mission)

- Shadaloo Soldier Gloves (Drop from Shadaloo soldier)  <- warning, try to satisfy the requirements on first run, i've reading people saying you don't get second chance after beating the 3 agents. Risk is easily have to wait Ed update in 2024

- Flared Skirt (Drop from Merchant in China)

- Fang Fei's shoes (From Fang Fei mission)

- R.O.B.B.I.E. Headphones (Drop from Robbie)

- Necktie Eye Mask (Drop from Assassin) (it isn't new but it used to be unobtainable).

- Sato no Takenoko (Present from news)

5 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Seen the MK1 Story Mode now.  Dunno what everyone was complaining about.  It's a MK-ass MK story.

Im not a fan of MK but it's expected 

Multiverse had been essential and extremely supernatural is what MK core built in

Unlike SF and Tekken that is more grounded 

KOF is the next least grounded 

35 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

*shrug*  It's not a new development.  And it makes the final chapter of the game a suitably ridiculous and over-the-top crazy Armageddon retelling.

It was fine being a low stake story and then it became battle for all reality out of nowhere and rushed the finished. I loved the callback to Armageddon but that could have been saved for later. 

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

It was fine being a low stake story and then it became battle for all reality out of nowhere and rushed the finished. I loved the callback to Armageddon but that could have been saved for later. 

Yeah, admittedly, when they were like "Shang Tsung is going into the multiverse to gather allies, and so are we", that should have been a "To Be Continued" moment.  And the Armageddon chapter should have come later.  The way Aftermath did with 11.  After all the DLC characters were out.

All those dumb amalgamation characters in the last chapter were so fun though.

Edited by DarthEnderX

Yesterday just realized i did'nt yet done the arcade with AKI, is kinda interesting

Timestamped at boss fight intro

Some points

- Guess could be considered canon rather than "what if"

-Kinda sad see how they insist on estabilish JP as not that great fighter... it's one of best SF bosses concept wise, but on canon side seems FANG level lol, combat wise maybe even below (as AKI defeat him and we can assume FANG is better than her at very same game)

-i find interesting through AKI's perspective we may inclined take JP's words as a lie and that he's working using Ed as a tool, but if we stick to what he say is possible he believe ED will have leader position and he (JP)  will recover his previous role in the org as the treasurer... maybe he believe Bison's power will take over Ed as foreshadowed by SFV ending?

Fact he's investing in Neo Shadaloo make me think some level of corruption is already going on

He seem -at the moment- having not much issue with the fact fighters more powerful than him to exist, so maybe he's ok with a powered-up Ed to take the throne based on force level, maybe believing he will still be able to pull the strings from his former treasurer position (assuming Ed become just a corrupted powerful Ed and NOT fully possessed by Bison mind)

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@CESTUS IIII agree with you wholeheartedly on JP. That said, A.K.I. must be pretty strong in her own right though. F.A.N.G. had her go after Chun Li and he lost to Chun Li in ASF.

Well, beyond that specific fight i consider FANG to be -thanks to poison- more or less around same range.. she had extra motivation as she was fighting for Li Fen too, kinda like Rashid fighting for revenge/justice whatever won second fight with FANG too

Of those who beated up FANG only cases of clear superiority were imho Bison (who after looked invincible from FANG's perspective) and Ken who toyed with him without effort, but i consider Ken pretty above Chun

My 2cent is

AKI -as today- is likely to be less powerful than FANG (i will not be surprised if one day she will kill FANG though), who got more extreme training for years, got years of experience as assassin/fighter and teached her both martial arts and poison use

But i can see him sending her after people like Chun or Rashid (another who defeated FANG), for three things

- Her mission did'nt felt much about direct destruction of an enemy (wich in fact FANG told her to DON'T do) where "power level" would be more relevant, she seem to have more espionage/intimidation/messenger role so far. If FANG wanted them dead he could have joined her on the mission imho

On smaller scale AKI felt lot like Kolin for Gill imho

- Send her was also because both Rashid and Chun already know FANG as an enemy, so AKI had greater chance at get closer to them

For similar reason FANG also lost great advantage they did'nt knew of his poison hand first time, AKI still have that edge

This apply to JP too who open saying they "haven't been introduced"

- Just like FANG, AKI's use of poison allow her to be dangerous against opponents that are much more powerful on terms of pure fighting ability/potential so you can send her after big dogs... just remember how Vega and Rog together were still treating FANG as a serious threat in ASF, despite 2v1 all while both being on paper better fighters (i think Vega alone would murder FANG tbh, even counting poison)

Other thing she is'nt a pure fighter, she's an assassin first... so on theory she can stealth approach a superior fighter and poison him/her rather than challenge for a martial arts fight... there's even a line on her WTM intro where she say when victim realize to have been poisoned is already too late

1 hour ago, DarthEnderX said:

That, or he just doesn't care about winning.

Yeah i indeed think he does'nt care because "fighting" is not the field where he care to win (even if after obtaining psycho power he's starting to like it) as long he still achieve shit getting done according to his plan

If we listen his words he does'nt consider violence best way to reach power and rule

I guess before obtaining PP, as simple Bartitsu expert he was used to be great but non-exceptional fighter in Shadaloo world where you had Sagat, Vega, Rog or even FANG himself with his poison

All this make sense, but for how he's represented still wish his great mind and strategy sense could have becomed an HUGE asset once combined with Psycho Power (wich he use with great variety/proficency, even if he say he's still green at it)... see him getting beated up by middle tiers (i'm throwing on that range our avatar too) kinda harm his figure as Boss, specially considering he could have been truly memorable one... while we now know he's likely just sub-boss material, useful to make story move waiting bigger pieces

9 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Speaking of JP wonder if he's the one who teached Falke to fight with a cane, their styles match and now we have cacon confirmation he's close to Ed (and by default to Falke) 

He could have been part of that "german speaking" part of the Shadaloo HQ 

Guess when we will meet her as NPC this winter we will get an answer

So what would his German alias be? Jan Pappenheim?

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

So what would his German alias be? Jan Pappenheim?

All i know is if he have an italian one too first name is Jacopo as it's like only italian name with J lol 😁

FANG seems to know him as "JP" rather than Johan or Jean, so i guess the names gimmick was used just outside Shadaloo to interact with normal people society

Kinda same way FANG uses Fang Fei i guess

Now that i think about it, did'nt he had german-like accent in Udon's comic?

Edited by CESTUS III
3 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

All this make sense, but for how he's represented still wish his great mind and strategy sense could have becomed an HUGE asset once combined with Psycho Power (wich he use with great variety/proficency, even if he say he's still green at it)... see him getting beated up by middle tiers (i'm throwing on that range our avatar too) kinda harm his figure as Boss, specially considering he could have been truly memorable one... while we now know he's likely just sub-boss material, useful to make story move waiting bigger pieces

I think it's more that he hasn't taken his final boss form yet.  In everything we've seen of him so far, he's still maintaining his businessman facade.  He's not sitting on a throne in his Nayshal wizard robe yet like he does in his own story mode.  He's either hiding his power(because, again, he doesn't care if he wins these fights, so there's no reason to show it), or he hasn't unlocked it yet.

53 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Now that i think about it, did'nt he had german-like accent in Udon's comic?

I believe it was supposed to be a Russian accent.  To go along with the Russian alias he was using.

Edited by DarthEnderX
3 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

I think it's more that he hasn't taken his final boss form yet.  In everything we've seen of him so far, he's still maintaining his businessman facade.  He's not sitting on a throne in his Nayshal wizard robe yet like he does in his own story mode.  He's either hiding his power(because, again, he doesn't care if he wins these fights, so there's no reason to show it), or he hasn't unlocked it yet.

That's a good theory, thre's some stuff supporting it

We know he say he's still learning use PP

Seem currently he's also using it in "safe" way trying to use just as much he needs... for what we know about PP i guess he will not unleash the full extent of his own PP till he abandon himself to it like in that foreshadow ending you say, plus Ken still have to get his revenge fight

This may indeed be true Boss JP

hq720.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEhCK4FEIIDSFryq4qpAx

But on other side SF have special talent at tease this kind of stuff and then not deliver... i'm thinking Necalli and G both having an actual artwork of their true/full power version, but never ending up do it ingame (so far) lol

Personally i would like see a Boss fight with JP that goes all-in becoming on par with Bison (basic, no Bison+machines), as long they don't waste slots for a character's alt version.... just make a "shin" unplayable version of him with some overpowered unique shit, like they do with some CPU bossess

4 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

I believe it was supposed to be a Russian accent.  To go along with the Russian alias he was using.

I was thinking stuff like this

Spoiler

18.jpg

When he use "ze" instead of "the" (ze tournament) i thought it's supposed to be a thing to imitate specifically german accent

5 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Personally i would like see a Boss fight with JP that goes all-in becoming on par with Bison (basic, no Bison+machines), as long they don't waste slots for a character's alt version.... just make a "shin" unplayable version of him with some overpowered unique shit, like they do with some CPU bossess

This is how bosses should be done.

Playable, balanced version.  Unplayable, OP final form.

this is why I don't like introducing more powerful villains out of nowhere and unrelated to the main antagonist 

when the previous  main antagonist is expanded to the biggest and most evil of them all, then all of a sudden having another one that is unbeknownst to the previous is ridiculous since someone who has a opposing motivation and having similar interest would likely bump into them or clash into them in the past that's how the world works especially when this involved grand scale of global evil and threat. is like what many questioned with MCU Eternals having to be just inserted  out of nowhere. 

The Watcher Uatu works because he doesn't need to involved.  Dragonball is so messed up that there were plans to turn Goku again to a Kid LOL

15 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Needs sunglasses.

Carlos sunglasses may do the job well, even if you can't color them

Fun detail one could use black fingerless gloves, then add the right--hand paint and make it vivid metallic red to recreate a bit this situation

Spoiler

2c1474a72fad046d97e28351c351e366.jpg

if one accept sacrifice sunglasses, could be added a 3D red object (personally would use red version of skull mask), to add some more  red on right back-hand overlapping the black glove

Done well result should be nice

1 hour ago, YagamiFire said:

I actually prefer classic K' without the sunglasses 😄

I REALLY like the suggestions about the gloves though. Going to see what I can do with that! I started making a Mr. Karate last night as well.

👍

Give up the glasses will indeed help you do the hand thing as you can add the mask

The hand-paint thing i mentioned may by bit tricky to find if one does'nt know already (maybe you do), because the icon itself does'nt suggest much

Screenshot-2023-10-05-173934.png

It's a sticker that place automatically on right hand (without alternative position option), would cover what you need perfectly

Mr.Karate is a great idea considering we have already most of the pieces we need

I guess when Akuma get released you will be able to upgrade him on moveset side too

So far from SNK i just made months ago Terry and Joe, but i'm waiting better pieces (and movesets) to consider them complete lol

lost-small.jpg

1 hour ago, YagamiFire said:

Here's a weird random question...

Has ANYONE ever been able to find a scan of Ryu Final in its entirety?

I did, but i remember i've just watched it, not downloaded, so i would have to restart the research all over again

What i never found is complete scan of Murata's SF manga