Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/12/13/ps-blog-game-of-the-year-awards-2023-voting-is-now-open/

SF6 + Capcom Nominated in 10 Categories

• Best New Character (Jamie, Kimberly, Manon)
  • Best Graphical Showcase
  • Best Audio Design
  • Soundtrack of the Year
  • Best Accessibility Features
  • Best Use of Dualsense
  • Best Multiplayer Experience
  • PS4 Game of the Year
  • PS5 Game of the Year
  • Studio of the Year

Ohhh found on reddit huge hint my theory of Bosch being alive may be almost confirmed and we may have seen him already without realize it 😮

Props on the guy, pretty detailed argument (if may add one more, that's same muscle structure of Bosch's arm too, and you CAN'T replicate it so accurately with the normal editor all other NPCs are made of)

https://www.reddit.com/r/SF6Avatars/comments/186v2rr/regarding_boschs_fate_world_tour_spoilers/

Guess he survived but prefer JP believe him being dead, also will avoid JP using Yua against him

Wonder if Luke know he's alive (and share knowledge with Ken too) considering Bosch returned in Buckler

Edited by CESTUS III
14 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

"This is obviously Bosch.  Except these 5 ways it's not Bosch.  But here's a theory to explain away each of them!"

Seems like they're seeing what they want to see to me.

That's silly reaction tbh

He did good job at show multiple legit points that you're not even trying to counter, and simply dismiss his theory

Biggest is that unique muscle structure match, and again that's NOT an arm made with editor but truly looks like same model of Bosch's. The way lateral deltoid donward tip insert between bicep and tricep like a "wedge" seems to match Bosch and on general can't be replicated with editor not even playing on purpose on mass and definition settings, as editor's puppet have a much more round deltoid that lack that developed downward tip.

That's something that even on simple technical level must raise a doubt on that character.

Why give random #6 third line Buckler jogging trainee an unique 3d model (+unique clothing)

While at it he also wear same unique hand stripes of Bosch (go check  the 2 gasps near thumb, only Bosch and that NPC stripes have it) and his pants seem indeed same unique ones of Bosch's

So you have an NPC who for some reason seems to prefer low profile (stay behind others, cap on, head low) who sport an unique 3d model that seems to match same musculature, overall size, compatible face structure and skin color

We can even see a portion of his hair being red in an area where Bosch's hair are indeed red (and being shaven can either match the burn/explosion, or also have done it to be less recognizable as black-red is pretty distinctive trait, in SF6 we see it in Bosch and his sister Yua)

And him seeking help in Buckler would even make sense easily, as there he will find Luke that was his last Master and our Avatar who's the closest he have to a friend, plus the person who knew his plans vs JP and who even defeated JP (and possibly our avatar is also who rescued his body-> saved his life)

Actually would be not only first place he should seek help, but would also make sense on story development of the character... first time his general attitude was refuse help/friendship going with lone wolf mood, as he was fully committed into believe that's a thing he should have done alone

Is possible the complete failure of his mission finally made him change heart and fully accept Avatar/Luke help and friendship

Is also possible our avatar recovered his body and went to Luke, so would make even sense if he woke up at Buckler HQ

Even if author of the post made the "error" of declare to be sure of his theory claiming is proven (wich to be clear he DOES'NT as his post at least starts with "is ALMOST certainly alive", admitting he still can't be 100% sure), he raised HUGE points that could at very least justify a debate

Hey, guys! What do you think of my ideas of a "perfect" SFA3 edition?

- remove Yun and Ingrid

- include missing characters from SFI: Geki, Retsu, Joe, Lee

- include personal backgrounds for:

Geki - mount Fuju from SFI

Retsu - Buddhist temple from SFI with flags from SFVI (or MvSF - Temple of Fists)

Joe - Colliseum from SFA1 (as Joe = Chuck Norris and Fei Long = Bruce Lee)

Lee - Great Wall from SFA1

Eagle - London stage from CvSNK2, SFIII3rdS, SF6

Maki - Bushinryu ninja clan village a la Ibuki's SFIIIfs

- Inclusion of the pre-fight animations used in CVS2 and CFJ and addition of new ones:

E. Honda vs Sodom (SFA3 unknown version)

Sakura vs Ryu (CFE)

Vega vs Zangief or Blanka or E.Honda (CVS2) (shakes his head in disgust)

Lee vs Gen

Gen vs Geki

Geki vs Vega

??? vs M.Bison (cape off through energy strike CVS2)

Vega vs a female as in CVS2 (removes his mask and bows / throws a rose post-fight)

Eagle vs Zangief

Eagle vs Birdie

Joe vs Mike B.

Joe vs Fei Long

Retsu vs Ryu

Maki vs Guy

Maki vs Rolento

- Return / incorporation of animations currently not in SFA3:

Akuma's burning signs over the head from SFA2

Blanca's forward-hp move from SFII World Warrior

Dan's autograph signing taunt and ending from the vs-games

M.Bison's kick-button throw from CVS2

Vega's kick-button throw and snake-hissing-ending from CVS2

Zangief's "smoking" head from CFJ

- Choosing possibility between different costumes for some of the characters like Chun Li's classic and alpha outfits:

Cammy's Delta Red and Shadaloo outfits

Classic (thin) or alpha (thick) M.Bison

- Accessoires falling off through beating, like Vega's claw and mask:

Akuma's           necklace like in SFEX+a (at the end of a fight with a level 3 super)

Cammy's          beret

Dhalshim's        skull-lace

Geki's               claw

Juni's/Juli's        pioneer cap

Lee's                skull-hat

M.Bison's         peaked cap

Rolento's          beret

Sodom's            helmet

Just for teh lulz

19 hours ago, martinitolove said:

- remove Yun and Ingrid

Agree on removals, Yun one mostly because should not be there old as in SF3, he would be much much younger (and smaller) in SFA days

- include missing characters from SFI: Geki, Retsu, Joe, Lee

Would add

- Haggar

- Hugo (SF3)

They would expand the FF influence and we will have the complete original trio of FF heroes

-Q (SF3)

Would wink Q being around for long time

- Inclusion of the pre-fight animations used in CVS2 and CFJ and addition of new ones:

Would add (will include ideal adversary for Bison cape one)

-Sodom vs Guy (Sodom wave his two jitte doing threatening gestures toward Guy, who just stares at him with crossed arms)

- Retsu vs Dan  (Retsu smashes Dan's nose as i the SFA artwork, Dan knocked down on his knees before even start)

- Lee vs Chun Li (kung fu salute before start fight)

- Geki vs Guy (Geki throw a shuriken, Guy a kunai, the weapons destroy each others clashing mid air)

-Geki vs Rolento (Geki throw a shuriken,Rolento a knife, the weapons destroy each others clashing mid air)

- Cody vs Haggar (bored Cody takes fighting stance, sad Haggar shake his head before do the same)

- Guy vs Haggar (the two have friendly hand shake before fight)

- Zangief vs Haggar (Haggar flex his SNSM raised fist pose, Zangief does his SNSM cameo pissed face as he was sitting in the audience banned from compete there)

- Hugo vs Zangief (same hands strenght contest Zangief had with Big Bear in CvS)

- Hugo vs Haggar (sitting on Hugo's shoulder Poison insults Haggar, Haggar throw rolling barrel. Poison escape out screen while hugo stay and SF3 parry/tank it)

-Hugo vs Sagat (Hugo sneak behind Sagat holding giant stone Buddha head, last moment Sagat turn and smashes it to pieces with an high kick)

- Guile vs Bison (Guile throw at him a big sonic boom as in  SF2tAM. Bison cape off through energy strike CVS2)

- Rog vs Sagat (Rog does his punching bag intro throwing it at Sagat,who destroy it midair with high kick. Rivalry,SFA3 Bison seen Rog as new cool thing next to has-been Sagat)

-Sagat vs DeeJay (on Sagat side same clash of kicks he does with Adon and Eagle in SFA3. DeeJay reply with kicks too. Depressed Sagat was defeated by DeeJay)

22 hours ago, martinitolove said:

- Choosing possibility between different costumes for some of the characters like Chun Li's classic and alpha outfits:

Cammy's Delta Red and Shadaloo outfits

Classic (thin) or alpha (thick) M.Bison

This (MvC like) version of Ryu, red headband and brown hair

ryu_shinkuu-hadoken.gif

2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

-Hugo vs Sagat (Hugo sneak behind Sagat holding giant stone Buddha head, last moment Sagat turn and smashes it to pieces with an high kick)

Hahaha, Ryu Final 😉

2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

This (MvC like) version of Ryu, red headband and brown hair

ryu_shinkuu-hadoken.gif

Wow, you are absolutely right with the Alpha and red headband costume for Ryu! I have completely missed that! The same treatment should Ken get, as well – short and long hair versions. A cheap option could be a Haggar costume for Zangief…

An other thing I’d like to see, but it would be secondary, is more / return of the interaction with / destruction of backgrounds as in SFIIWW: Ken's barrels, Ryu's signboards, Guile's boxes, M.Bison's statues, Sagat's palmtrees, E.Honda's lantern.

As much as I’d love to see Haggar in SFA3, I’ve left out new final fighters. If my completitionist side should shine through, then I’d return all characters from FFRevenge (Haggar, El Gado, Poison, Hugo, Damnd, Eddie E., Zombie Belger) with all their FFRevenge moves as well as Carlos (FF2), Dean + Lucia (FF3). But that’s too much new work for the potential developers…

To be honest, if Capcom makes a re-issue of SFA3 (minus Yun and Ingrid) (plus Joe, Retsu, Geki, Lee) and add Hakan & Juri to the roster, I’d never touch any other SF game. I prefer alpha graphics anyway, and all the characters I’d dream about would be included. By-by SF 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6.

6 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Would add

- Haggar

- Hugo (SF3)

They would expand the FF influence and we will have the complete original trio of FF heroes

Might as well add Poison as well then.  And...*sigh*...Abigail.

3 hours ago, martinitolove said:

To be honest, if Capcom makes a re-issue of SFA3 (minus Yun and Ingrid) (plus Joe, Retsu, Geki, Lee) and add Hakan & Juri to the roster, I’d never touch any other SF game.

At that point, you might as well just shoot for 'Everyone is Here!'

Edited by DarthEnderX
3 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Might as well add Poison as well then.  And...*sigh*...Abigail.

Yeah was think more Haggar as i remember there was a pretty cool alpha style mugen sprite for him alredy done

-

-

so i thought would be pretty easy just pick it up

But yeah Poison and Abigail can make sense too, scale wise Abigail on Alpha style would feel lot like Juggernaut lol

sf-zangief.gif  hugowin2.gifjug-rar.gif

On 12/17/2023 at 11:34 PM, martinitolove said:

sil3nt j"

I was with Sli3nt J in his thread giving suggestions way back when his designing sprites those sprites for SF1 for Retsu, Joe and Geki except for Lee

The guys has amazing Alpha Like sprite

He also had a good version of Haggar that he didn't push through, I like it and how it started but others didn't.

On 12/17/2023 at 11:26 PM, martinitolove said:

I also had an idea of SFA3 back in the day in early 2ks but it's mode mahvel style gameplay

Now the one I had in mind is more like Capcom Fighting Jam/RivalSchool gameplay that you choose two characters

==========

SYSTEM

No Ism, No grooves and more Alpha2 mechanics. 

Special Random Select of Xth-A and Xth-B inspired by Eleven

With KOF Striker system and MVC1 special partner.

=======

STRIKERS

The Striker System has SF Characters that aren't relative to important saga like

Dan, Shadaloo Dolls, Delta Red Characters, Cyborg Monitors, Mech Zangief, Geki Ninja, Twelve, Eleven(Random Assist) , Sakura,  Shadaloo Troopers, Seth Clones, Necro Clones, Viper, Rufus and ETC

==========

I ditch some non- relavant SFZ and SF3 characters not involved in Shadaloo Saga, Secret Society Saga and Ryu Saga like some SF1 Characters

It's purely mainstreamed on characters no side characters and no relative character like  Deejay, Feilong, Honda, Karin, Elena

Except for Q.

And Guy is the only Final Fight Character. Maki is on consideration. I like Haggar but his not that relative.

The story is covered from SF1 to SF3.

Edited by Shakunetsu
2 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

I was with Sli3nt J in his thread giving suggestions way back when his designing sprites those sprites for SF1 for Retsu, Joe and Geki except for Lee

The guys has amazing Alpha Like sprite

He also had a good version of Haggar that he didn't push through, I like it and how it started but others didn't.

It's a pity he didn't do a propper portrait of Geki...

5 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Alpha-style Haggar should just look like a sprite version of his MvC3 model.  Since most SF character's MvC sprites started out as Alpha sprites.

7MdxWgV.gif

Is there a real difference between him and Zangief moves-wise? Even in FFRevenge I don't see anything. Just a palette swap. In order to include him we'd need a unique moveset. Like Nash in SFV.

9 minutes ago, martinitolove said:

It's a pity he didn't do a propper portrait of Geki

What your idea of Geki?

I believe his is more Wolverine style than vega. 

His Haggar is more Alpha than other Alpha, Acey is Haggar and some Haggar are either base more on Hulk or Gief. His is just base on FF1 and just styled in Alpha 

Edited by Shakunetsu
17 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

My idea for Geki is to give him a more fleshed out version of Young Zeku's moveset.  Then in his ending, reveal that he was Zeku in disguise.

Ha! This moveset is as pathetic as is Ingrid's. It has no "art" in the martial. That's why Haggar has never been in a cannon SF game! 

And with Zeku and Geki - an amazing idea. I like it best ❤️

50 minutes ago, martinitolove said:

Ha! This moveset is as pathetic as is Ingrid's. It has no "art" in the martial. That's why Haggar has never been in a cannon SF game! 

I made huge a post in SRK and Unity about Haggar for SFV season one. Taking inspiration from Slammaster and XCota Collosus.

Making him more of a brute force character but have his essential Pile Driver and Lariat but the use case is different from Gief and the normals are different. 

Haggar can be the Ralf of KOF and Gief can be the Clark of KOF

I actually like the gremlin angle, not just because it's funny. I see it as showing how maladjusted & empty she is without the violence being focused on Bison and not dealing with her trauma.   She's been directionless and between a few gigs and encounters, when left alone, all she's got is emptiness.

A.K.I., fully villainous as she is, has F.A.N.G. and her shop in her life, but Juri's got nothing, hence why she tsundere's around the WTM character and slows shows a connection (and embellished tales) to them. A nice, compelling arc.

4 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

I actually like the gremlin angle, not just because it's funny. I see it as showing how maladjusted & empty she is without the violence being focused on Bison and not dealing with her trauma.   She's been directionless and between a few gigs and encounters, when left alone, all she's got is emptiness.

A.K.I., fully villainous as she is, has F.A.N.G. and her shop in her life, but Juri's got nothing, hence why she tsundere's around the WTM character and slows shows a connection (and embellished tales) to them. A nice, compelling arc.

Thing is with various flavors/shades Capcom seems to fucking love the "broken toy" concept when it comes to create a female villain

Juri, AKI, Decapre (and of course all brainwashed dolls) and even SFV Seth

Kolin is gray area, as i believe she have faith she's doing the right thing serving an archangel incarnate to bring peace... but at same time she have brutal fight style wich involve generate ice blades and spikes that can cut or IMPALE her opponent, just like she have no problems get involved in shady deals to get job done (example hire Juri)

Still, another broken toy, years of war ptsd and see her homeland destroyed by soldiers made her what she is

Maybe Falke too if we consider she accepts to be part of Neo Shadaloo, but beside we still don't know NS official ideals (wich may not be negative at least on paper) we also seen she does'nt seem a bad person... and even if she does anything wrong, war made her what she is

Seems they have the greatest difficulty to just deliver a female char who's just evil piece of shit moved by ambition or greed (like many male SF chars), all SF girls are either good or men somehow broke their lives into become negative chars

AKI herself while behaving as satisfied person with fullfilled life is living 24/7 some sort of delusional psychedelic farce

Got traumatic shitlife past, got involved into become a batshit crazy murderer and suffer physical mutation as part of her training, her father/lover figure (in a creepy way took straight from Leon-Mathilda) is an asexual creepy older killer who melts people with toxins in his body and lick his fingers afterwards

All broken toys 😆

For a change could have felt new a female villain that does'nt need justification for any wrong shit she does

I remember at some point waiting SF6 i thought would have been fun if Marisa was just hired muscle/bodyguard for JP, think like Sagat for Bison

On 12/27/2023 at 2:36 AM, YagamiFire said:

He's my #1 want for season 1 DLC and I'm buying a stick specifically for his release. You could say I'm hyped

Glad for you dude 👍

Personally i'm not even super hyped on play as him (but looking forward to steal lot moves for my editor creations 😁), but i believe he may be massive update in terms of story expansion, new contents, npcs etc

Wonder wich would be 2nd alt, i guess SFV default uniform is safest bet, considering it was supposed to reflect a time after SFV events (or at least months after Ed's SFV story where he split with Rog and left Shadaloo)

On 12/27/2023 at 10:21 PM, DarthEnderX said:

I'm as hyped as I can be for someone who JUST...WON'T...COME...OUT!!

???

12 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

I'm saying it's taking too long and it's killed my hype.

Oh i understand that, i agree to some extent too... for only 4 chars S1 should have been scheduled to end much earlier

I don't know for you, but for me it's been even worse by the fact out of only 4 chars i care like about two (Ed and Rashid) and i feel there are chars essential to make SF6 feel complete, so my first wish is S1 t end asap and pray S2 will bring more useful chars (and possibly more, 5-6)

But i made peace with the long wait the day they crushed my hopes of get Ed around 2023 xmas when  they said "Ed winter 2024"... i don't even want to hope for January, i think if we was going to get him in Jan we would have got at least a teaser trailer, but we got fucking nothing beside the artwork

I suspect they also know it's a crap long pause, and that's the reason they keept the 3rd outfits ace to play in middle of dead time

Guess looking for hint we could go to watch how much before launch AKI trailer was shown, don't remember that

Well at least at end of the wait i'll get a char i actually like, will play and will steal stuff from, a new stage and i guess decent size WTM update

By comparision AKI has been abslute death to me... wait for a char i don't need, get it, much more months of nothing lol

Akuma will be similar hype killer to me, but guess a least will get new stage

My most optimistic wish about Akuma launch is literally we getting announcement/teaser of S2 characters lmao... and keep in mind first S2 char is going to launch in Summer 2024 🥲

Ryoredcyclone pointed out a 2019 admission by AKIMAN, who revealed that Chun-Li's final words in her SF2 ending 「ふつうのおんなのこになーろうっと」Futsū no onna no ko ni narō tto "I want to become an ordinary girl" were pulled straight from the final declaration of the Candies, an enormously popular idol trio in the Seventies who quit the music business abruptly at the height of their fame with the phrase 「普通の女の子に戻りたい」 Futsū no onna no ko ni modoritai "We want to return to being ordinary girls".

Absolute wasted opportunity of get another good FP 

More clown ultra modern stuff, straight crap

04_cap01.jpg 

Guess will find an use for it somehow, but still a shame considering last 2 FP were pretty cool, specially the FF one 

Considering the theme they could have gone for SF2 themed stuff, instead we get esportz vibes crap

Edited by CESTUS III
34 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

Ok that mask is awesome AND we get the Beep? Nice.

Mask is indeed best piece, will use it to improve my D.Dark, too bad order is NOT one we see in the poster, mask is Lv.19 reward

2nd items is nice too, lucky will unlock at least that  today

But clothes are the crap

2 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

I wonder if the sIrin stuff is going to be a bigger focus for season 2 and this is hinting at it? Also we're getting maintenance on the 8th, hope the trailer drops soon.

I may be too pessimistic but i doubt we're getting big stuff... i think we're just getting new shop stuff, be it regular or collaboration one

Wich is still fine to me after the disappointment i got from FP lol