Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

4 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

I'll be honest...ALL of Neo Shadaloo suck.

Ed and Falke are boring, and the rest are fucking corny.

I love them for circus value, bring me back to absurd anime vibes rather than tryhard urban bullshit

Ideal scenario to me would have been Neo Shadaloo HQ stage with all freaks watching the fight and cheering for Ed i don't need them to do much more

But i don't NEED* any of them playable (they would make fun special NPC to fight against in WTM though, hope to see that)

*would still welcome if good pick and well made. My problem is i have higher need of cover important martial arts still missing... have no personal issue against crazy shit like the gorilla, but at same time SF6 as we speak have no Muay Thai rep from Thailand, that's the kind of shit where my priority goes

I'm legit super curious about Season 2 picks, specially if they pull another 4-char bullshit

10 minutes ago, Dracu said:

The robot girl sucks. Keep that crap in Tekken.

I like the hawaian girl and am fine with a fat chick, but her design is a bit too simple. Needs a bit more flair to make it memorable.

Not a fan of robot girl either, both for the robot thing but also for her look. But i can see japan pull that given their taste

My reasoning was i doubt they would invest DLC money for fat girl, is more the type of char that have hope to sneak into vanilla cast rather than DLC

Every DLC female they will release is going to have some waifu fanbase potential, be it new char or returning... non conventional beauty is unlikely to grab rare female slot imho (AKI already push a bit the limits in that sense), specially with many easy to sell beautiful female vets still waiting to join

38 minutes ago, Lord_Vega said:

Design wise Ed psycho-dodged lot of bullets lol

I was pretty disapponted by that. No Falke or any of the other NS members... Although we had that badass stage, 5 months to only have Ed kinda let me down....

Tbh i was disappointed too, but at same time story explanation they gave (NS members splitting an keeping search victims to save around the world) make sense and open the door for future development... Ed seems key piece of future of Shadaloo in SF6, so i guess when we will get proper world updates (next in S2 i think) there's chance we may see his story progress and meet his comrades

19 minutes ago, Dragonfave723 said:

The Neo Shadaloo dolphin is named Amrita and the baby is Goliath.

Thanks!🙏

- Amrita (just googled it) seems an hindu female name that mean "immortality"... wonder if may be hint she got that Bison gift

- Goliath without google it's a famous giant in the Bible, funny the smallest NS member got name of a giant lol

Done also for others:

- Cypher link to secret code messages used by spies, so guess in the org he play the spy role wich fit him considering he's slick guy that can fucking teleport lol

- Mwalimu in swahili apparently mean teacher/master, wich guess make sense considering his big brain

- Dobermann is of course the german dog, wich while don't fit much fat version, may fit a lot the super lean and fast muscular transformation

- Falke is german word for hawk

- Ed felt strange (i thought Rog wanted something easy/quick to say to call him, skipping his full codename) and while i was wrong is indeed is funny case, according to the wiki

"According to Takayuki Nakayama, Ed's name actually comes from the word "ED", a term used in anime production to refer to ending scenes and music.[10] Nakayama referred to him as "The ED Boy" in a note, which was misinterpreted by the designer as being his name. Nakayama liked the name, and kept it. "

I'm curious what would have been his original "codename" if this did'nt happened

5 hours ago, Dragonfave723 said:

The Neo Shadaloo dolphin is named Amrita and the baby is Goliath.

Nakayama had made a comment to a fan a few years ago regarding him wanting Ed to have  a group of friends. He hinted that the naming convention of the friends would follow some sort of Alphabet pattern. 

The first Neo Shadaloo members were the first in the Alphabet series, and now we have the rest.  (The Dolphin Amrita is “A” and Goliath is “G”)

Edited by bakfromon
19 minutes ago, sagatryu said:

With a name like that I'm guessing the Dolphin is female.

yeah and baby male

3 hours ago, bakfromon said:

Nakayama had made a comment to a fan a few years ago regarding him wanting Ed to have  a group of friends. He hinted that the naming convention of the friends would follow some sort of Alphabet pattern. 

The first Neo Shadaloo members were the first in the Alphabet series, and now we have the rest.  (The Dolphin Amrita is “A” and Goliath is “G”)

That's cool

Still think would be awesome if Necro and Effie will join them (despite not being ex Shadaloos they still have perfect background for that), but "E" is taken by Ed lol

Edited by CESTUS III

Bison: I want a Dolphin preferably a female as a back up body.

Shadaloo scientist :  Ah okayy, sir but why a Dolphin?

Bison: because I want to know what it's like to be a Dolphin and do stuff with a Dolphin. You know that kind of stuff.

Shadaloo scientist: Okay this is getting weird.

Bison: Are you kink shaming the Mighty Bison.

Shadaloo Scientist: Ah no Bison, sir, we get to work on getting Dolphin and imbuing
it  with psycho power to make it one of your back bodies right away, sir. ( Great, why couldn't I have work for someone who's normal, but no instead I had decided to work for this weirdo )

Edited by sagatryu
3 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

I was disappointed the Shadaloo Lab stage didn't factor into WT mode at all.

Hard to get excited about these new stages if we aren't even going to visit them.

i think it will in future, but unlikely before S2 world expansion... after the minimal effort crap that has been AKI/Ed updates, i don't expect anything for Akuma update either

Akuma will get stage too, but very possible WTM wise we just end up get him as Master somewhere in Nayshall, maybe in the cave area (but hope i'm wrong, REALLY need him to get merchant that sell that damn karate hand-stripes item)

Been awhile since I did a story review for SF, but I had some thoughts after finishing the stuff added in the Ed update and wanted to get them out after sitting on it for a few days;

The Ed story update is once again, imo, just another case of Capcom building to stuff with no foreseeable pay off. What does JP plan to do with Ed? Does he want to put Bison's phantom into Ed's body or just have Ed as he is take over Shadaloo? Is he still warring with FANG as to who gets to Ed first? None of it's answered. They just meet randomly, JP is a smarmy asshole, Ed gets angry, they fight, JP vanishes. It's the exact same shit they did with Ken, but at least UDON didn't have a whole prequel comic building up to Ed vs JP to make their encounter feel just as pointless as that one did.

Ed was absolutely the character with the strongest story potential in Season 1 (hell, probably the entire roster at this point) and yet he had even less stuff going in World Tour than Rashid and AKI did. Those two had quests requiring you to do a ton of stuff before you even met them, including signficant NPCs related to those characters showing up to give you multiple quests, and yet for Ed you talk to one random loser in Metro City, get on a train then Ed just shows up. Like DarthEnderX said; the new stage that comes with Ed isn't even mentioned, never mind visited. The stage has such a mysterious nature to it and I was looking forward to seeing how it would be incorporated into WT but it's seemingly just some random stage with no actual meaning or point to it. Sure you could say it'll be featured eventually, but when? Might as well just add it to the growing list of things Capcom have to pay off at some point.

I appreciate the deeper dive into Ed and Balrog's characters as well as a much neeed expansion of Neo Shadaloo, but imo they were things that were expected to be featured with Ed. If they didn't have those then honestly what was the point of adding him? It's the bare minimum to talk about the ones close to these characters so I don't even really want to praise Capcom too much for it. There was a ton of intrigue going into Ed I feel after AKI's story update, mainly the fact that they were teasing two Shadaloo remnant factions racing to put Bison's phantom into Ed, but now Ed is here and it feels like that storyline is already over. Ed doesn't want to become the next Bison, both physically and metaphorically so he just...doesn't. He's just chilling in Metro City while the rest of Neo Shadaloo do the cool stuff off screen. What a complete waste.

Naturally I'm sure that this along with other things will be prominent storylines in a future WT update but like...idk man I'm just sick and tired of how Capcom have been writing this series since season 2 of SF5. This constant state of building to something has been going on for fucking years at this point and I don't feel like anything that was established in SF5, never mind 6, has paid off yet. Remember when G got revealed and had a ton of very obvious Q connections? Remember how his character story answered them? Yeah, me neither, that's another thing we're still waiting for. Speaking of; remember when the last two seasons of SF5's story were spent building up G as the next main villain who was teasing a world-ending event? It's awesome that he's not in SF6 at all and all of that was seemingly for nothing! (/s)

I'm just tired of it man. Nothing feels worth it in this series anymore. They establish all of these characters, all of these factions, all of these plotlines then throw them out the door the second the next game starts so we can get Honda and Blanka and Zangief in the game first to continue their riveting storylines that are just poorly painted-over rehashes of shit they've been doing since 2. Why did they want me to get excited for what Ed was going to bring to the story when his last quest is him just sending you on a fruitless wild goose chase for Falke before just telling you to give up when you don't find her? I'm sure if they ever add Falke as a playable character that we'll just get the same stuff we always get; We'll find her in Nayshall, she'll talk more about Neo-Shadaloo, talk about JP then continue to stand there until the game ends. Same with G. Same with Gill and Alex and Rose and Sakura and whoever the fuck else they add, because it's what every other character in WT does. I mean, for fucksake, they got UDON to do a whole ass comic prequel tie-in about Ken just for him to stand around in a contruction site!

Anyway, rant over. I don't expect any of my issues to be fixed tbh, regardless of if there's a big WT story update or not. Like I said, they've been writing like this for years at this point and I think Ed's story additions being absolutely nothing finally broke me. Akuma being next pretty much guarantees nothing of worth is gonna happen until Season 2 anyway, if it ever happens at all.

3 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

I was disappointed the Shadaloo Lab stage didn't factor into WT mode at all.

Hard to get excited about these new stages if we aren't even going to visit them.

Maybe they're reserving that stage for a future DLC character, much like they saved the China stage for AKI.

I made a post on reddit about that. And I theorize that the future DLC character that would meet and train with you at the Ruined Lab would have to be related to Shadaloo or even Neo-Shadaloo in a way.

So C. Viper, any of Ed's Neo-Shadaloo members (Falke or the Gorilla), Seth, or any remnant of the four kings or even M. Bison.

On 3/1/2024 at 5:09 AM, Darc_Requiem said:

I've done the Ed missions. I don't see the NPC

During day-time rise same steps this guy does in first 10 seconds

Spoiler

-

-

but don't make a left-turn inside the building like he does at 0:11, just keep rise straight up the steps.

You will reach a wide terrace with view of the arena

On that terrace you should see an NPC dressed like this

Spoiler

dolls_00.jpg?h=33b6b9c051a60d3baea236f17

You can fight her to win kinda easily the helmet

The challenge is "defeat without lose health" wich sound hard but it's actually easy as she des'nt have that much life nor she's strong/smart/aggressive... just set your moveset on fireballs shit and shoot her dead from distance

Got helmet in my first run, but i've read people say she does'nt ever offer it as reward, so guess may take more than one try

Edited by CESTUS III
55 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

During day-time rise same steps this guy does in first 10 seconds

but don't make a left-turn inside the building like he does at 0:11, just keep rise straight up the steps.

You will reach a wide terrace with view of the arena

That's exactly where I went.....😞

30 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

That's exactly where I went.....😞

There are 2 side missions in the update, one in MC one in Nayshall, maybe you have to do these if you're missing one

Or maybe maximize Ed style and bond?

Idk but once you unlock her it's hard to miss, showing dat ass in the middle of the terrace, took a pic

Street-Fighter-6-20240301142622.jpg

4 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

There are 2 side missions in the update, one in MC one in Nayshall, maybe you have to do these if you're missing one

Or maybe maximize Ed style and bond?

Idk but once you unlock her it's hard to miss, showing dat ass in the middle of the terrace, took a pic

Street-Fighter-6-20240301142622.jpg

Are there any missions in the update given by someone besides Ed? He sent me to Nayshall to find info on Falke and I completed that quest. He is bond and style are maxed. Heck I maxed his style as soon as I met him. That how much XP I had left over from all the other masters 😂You are going to have to tell the rest of us how yo got that Dudley DLC 😉You better be posting this excellence elsewhere man. Don't make send in an Eventhubs suggestion 😅

3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Are there any missions in the update given by someone besides Ed? He sent me to Nayshall to find info on Falke and I completed that quest. He is bond and style are maxed. Heck I maxed his style as soon as I met him. That how much XP I had left over from all the other masters 😂You are going to have to tell the rest of us how yo got that Dudley DLC 😉You better be posting this excellence elsewhere man. Don't make send in an Eventhubs suggestion 😅

😁

Not sure of title since i have it in italian, but have two most recent side-missions that are

"Leader of Neo Shadaloo?" Metro city -> basically no reward

Can't find a vid, try check your Metro City map to see if somewhere there's the side-quest mark... if does'nt try switch to night (or day)

"Psycho Power experiment" -> Nayshall -> give you shadaloo upper-body uniform

9 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

😁

Not sure of title since i have it in italian, but have two most recent side-missions that are

"Leader of Neo Shadaloo?" Metro city -> basically no reward

Can't find a vid, try check your Metro City map to see if somewhere there's the side-quest mark... if does'nt try switch to night (or day)

"Psycho Power experiment" -> Nayshall -> give you shadaloo upper-body uniform

I don't remember that one. I'll have check this out when I get home. Too bad the doll uniform isn't available. That be any easy mode option for my Decapre. Ed's Level 2 has already been a useful addition. 

8 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It's Street Fighter X Tekken all over again....minus the admittedly epic CGI cut scenes and sweet live action trailer featuring Reuben Langdon as Ken.

Anyone know how to tie up my hair to get that Mishima cut the guy who played Kazuya is rocking?

On 2/27/2024 at 2:05 AM, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Download is live, and Ed is available for offline Story Peeps!

Chun-Li to Ed: "If you want Shadaloo out of your life, then I’ll help. You can trust me."

Thoughts: Compared to Chun's quote to Ed in SFV, "You were a member of Shadaloo? Are they still active?", I feel Chun has grown a lot more trusting and open in her mature years. I think what I find most interesting about this quote in particular is that Chun-Li offers to help, but doesn't necessarily offer herself to actively seek and fight off remaining Shadaloo remnants. 

I think the kind of help she's offering could range from shelter and safe haven in her own Chinatown community, or maybe she could refer them to Cammy and how she's helped the dolls achieve somewhat of a normal life post-ASF.  I think this is a good quote for her, fits with her character. And it fits with how I'd imagine Chun and Ed were to interact if they were to meet in canon.

I do find it interesting if Ed were indeed to become Bison's successor. With all the pain and hurt Bison and Shadaloo has caused CHun-Li in the past, I wonder how hostile she'd be if Ed were to turn to the dark side. Or if she'd still be compassionate for him, knowing that Ed and M. Bison are two different entities, and Ed's fighting off M. Bison just as hard.

Ed to Chun-Li"I’m sure you’re enjoying the slow life, but there’s still work to do out there."

Thoughts: Interestingly enough, this takes me back to Chun-Li's SF6 story mode, where Juri teases Chun-Li that despite M. Bison's death, the danger threat still looms. Most likely, both are refering to the remnants of Shadaloo, and how they are trying to bring the syndicate back, but with a new host with Ed. I think Ed says this to Chun as a warning that eventually, the remnants will grow stronger, or Ed's body can no longer fight off the psycho power in him, allowing M. Bison to fully take over.

I think as this relates to Chun's quote, I think Chun is content with her new life in Metro City for now. It is a semi-retirement anyways. And while things are still calm, there is no reason for her to put herself in harms way, especially when she has her community and Li-Fen to take care of. But I'm interested in seeing what develops.

Me too. Because of this artwork:

spacer.png

It's a Neo Shadaloo uniform in Chun-Li. Despite having been rejected, as some rejected costumes have served as inspiration for others, apparently. I wonder if this will be a reality.

On 3/1/2024 at 10:55 PM, Dragonfave723 said:

I think this basically confirms Ruined Lab is in the Arctic, and there's a good chance it'll be in World Tour after all.

Thanks cool info

Guess we can consider it's safe assume is NOT the SFV ASF one, as we seen also external area and did'nt looked like Arctic

Wich make guess who brought Bison's hat there...

We know FANG touched the hat after ASF, as he got the emblem as necklace

4 hours ago, Dragonfave723 said:

You know where they found these images?

Same group where thy showed short hair Bosch maybe?

Little discovery i just noticed, with Ed patch seems they expanded the number of fighters they use for Metro City arena tournaments... now you can fight also Azam and some of the fighters that were in the Nayshall tournament quest

There's not much to gain, none of them give you rewards you can't already find in WTM, but they help bit add variety to the experience (even if Azam is the only "unique" fighter)

12 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Little discovery i just noticed, with Ed patch seems they expanded the number of fighters they use for Metro City arena tournaments... now you can fight also Azam and some of the fighters that were in the Nayshall tournament quest

There's not much to gain, none of them give you rewards you can't already find in WTM, but they help bit add variety to the experience (even if Azam is the only "unique" fighter)

They should have more unique fighter experiences. The fact that there are unique fighters like Azam  and even Carlos who have their own unique move sets means they probably could do a Falke or Balrog for Ed's inclusion (There was even a bootleg Balrog when Rashid was included for crying out loud!)  

13 hours ago, bakfromon said:

They should have more unique fighter experiences.

Part that piss me off most, is that while i can understand create unique moves like for Retsu or DamnD (the most simple, who just got 1 unique special)  eat resources and i can understand  it be limited to boss-like NPCs or cameos of former playable characters...

But would take literally zero new contents just use same tool we have to mix moves on NPCs and create at least for "most evolved" NPCs (example all those allowed to enter MC/Nayshall arena tournaments) unique movesets made by mixing different characters moves

Like as random example with tool we have i can do a "speedy mexican luchador" type of NPC movest in 1 minute:

-Rashid moves

-Kimberly run special

- Kimberly air to air suplex

-Zangief HCB suplex/siberian express

I keept it super basic too, not even filling all motion slots like usually do on my own stuff, just to show how quickly and low effort could have been done, and yet would offer the illusion of being it's own character (specially considering they can mix these also with existing NPC-only moves)

If we want give it one Super Art just to make it  feel bit more legit

Lv2 Cammy

Would be really THAT easy and would make experience much more fun, but the team seems blind on some stuff

And if we expand it to creation they even done the effort to ADD  limitations that basic NPC don't have lol

13 hours ago, bakfromon said:

The fact that there are unique fighters like Azam  and even Carlos who have their own unique move sets means they probably could do a Falke or Balrog for Ed's inclusion (There was even a bootleg Balrog when Rashid was included for crying out loud!)  

Falke would be super easy thanks to JP, they can literally slap his basic moveset (and SA1?) on her and for decent effect just give her unique special where she hold the stick like a rifle and shot psycho shit 😁

Rog may take bit more work, but tbh would be still doable without crazy effort give him justice considering would be just npc cameo... even if personally give him 50/50 chance to sneak into SF6 as main char

On 3/4/2024 at 9:05 AM, CESTUS III said:

Expanding it a bit, just found out that not only some Nayshall tournament fighters have been added, but also other NPC that we have meet in other missions

Too bad they still spam shitty white plastic clones

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEmCOADEOgC8quKqQ

Funny thing wanted to give credits to this fucking guy in particular

Like many other SF chars that got their wannabe look alike, Dan got this dude called Sai Kyo

Back to the Nayshall mission i think focused mostly just on wreck him, now in MC arena took my time to let him fight and got fuckton of moves compared to usual NPC, risk to be the one that got most unique stuff lol:

-Ryu's normals moveset (but different idle stance) and L Shoryuken (personally i would have used Luke's srk, much more similar looking)

- Special kick identical to Retsu's

- Evolution of that kick with a second kick that make it look like a M Dankukyaku

-A Gadoken

-A roll (both forward and backward)

-A taunt (generic one, but still)

-A fucking super combo wich looks like Hissho Buraiken

Here vid of him

Spoiler

Guess that's same template they may use on NPC Dan when in future patches Metro City will upgrade and Dan's gym will open

dans-opening-a-dojo-in-metro-city-an-eas

...would be awesome if we can pay for lessons at his dojo and learn shit NPC moves... as if he's a Master like playable cast, but not quite same level 😁

Add NPC moves would help me A LOT create unique looking chars 🤔

Fun thing is when we meet him (Sai Kyo) in Nayshall he's training group of clones at karate punches, wich wink hard at SFV Dan dream lol

maxresdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEmCIAKENAF8q

23 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

The FUCK did you just say?!

I like Dan but don't think nor hope he get playable slot, specially if they keep 4 char Seasons with current cast having gigantic holes

Imho we will find him as NPC when the Dojo open, just like they opened the MC Arena

Of previously playable SF chars we already seen FANG and Retsu get this treatment, some will follow for sure in future (Falke hopefully, don't want her getting slot lol)

The fact we seen that a kinda cheap "saikyo" moveset (cool for NPC, but does'nt seem main cast quality) exist make me think we're basically watching the template of  what NPC Dan will get lol