Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

49 minutes ago, ShockDingo said:

Baki x Street Fighter has the potential to be absolute insane fun. What's it gonnna be? In game stuff, or another one-shot manga thing?

props to @Sonerofor posting it in the other thread

The thing itself is'nt big deal, i swear i already have a more accurate Baki in my save data... but if this mean we will get also items from characters of the series i'm all for it 💎

Baki shorts, wrist and ankle stripes are a must to recreate him accurately

3289-large_default.jpg

Then guess since the other avatar is Hanayama they will give us some shiny suit from him, likely his glasses and possibly his tattoo... not greatest Hanayama fan, but the back tattoo would be sick

Btw i'm not surprised they picked him lot of Marisa stuff has been ripped off from him lol 🤣

This was a comparision i did  bunch of time ago, you can see how 1:1 they went with Marisa 😁

Spoiler

Lmao, just realized Marisa remind me so much Hanayama that can't be coincidence

Size, body built, stance, way he throws

Figura-de-acci-n-de-Anime-BAKI-Hanayama-

Street Fighter on Twitter: "True to her heritage, Marisa is an imposing  force who has no trouble approaching opponents. She can even break through  a Drive Impact with one hit from some

Steam Community :: :: Kaoru HanayamaIMG_9338.gif

IMG_9336.gifOrochi Katsumi VS Hanayama Kaoru AMV [Baki Grappler] - YouTube

the wall lv3 super

Street Fighter 6 : Zangief vs Marisa, le combat des catcheursmain-qimg-680f5b14c3d54957fdca2f944e35e362-pjlq

hanayama kaoru vs grand master color by me aka commando marco :  r/GrapplerbakiMarisa Level 3 Super Revealed! - Street Fighter 6 - YouTube

Btw i hope we will get other characters stuff too

Like, would love get simple stuff like Katsumi Orochi's karate gi or Shibukawa's aikido attire

Nice thing would be that are super simple things but extremely compatible with SF world

Just awesome collab pick, if they do it right i will throw some money lol 😅

Edited by CESTUS III
1 hour ago, DarthEnderX said:

Does Baki have an anime adaptation,

It's bit complex because different anime series cover different periods

Here you will find a list of the series and what period each cover

https://baki.fandom.com/wiki/Baki_the_Grappler_(franchise)#Anime

1 hour ago, DarthEnderX said:

and is it any good?

That's a question even more tricky than the first

The author have 999mental problems and if you stick around enough the story show them all... likely multiple times LOL

LOT of super weird stuff

BUT

The author also created some incredible characters, and regardless how much absurd/cringe stuff Itagaki throws at you, you want see what happen to these characters because if you love martial arts anime you will inevitably grow attached to them and because dude can create legit hype and epic memorable moments

Btw my fav version by far is read the manga scans, the anime are well done and try to bring everything on screen but for some reason the manga charm is leagues above imho

12 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

The author also created some incredible characters, and regardless how much absurd/cringe stuff Itagaki throws at you, you want see what happen to these characters because if you love martial arts anime you will inevitably grow attached to them and because dude can create legit hype and epic memorable moments

That's kind of the funny thing. I have a similar to reaction to Baki as to Naruto where I just straight-up eventually do not care about the main character but the side characters are cool. Honestly, I think Baki really goes off the rails and gets just dumb with uninteresting fights but some of the character stuff carries a lot of charm with the supporting cast.

1 hour ago, YagamiFire said:

That's kind of the funny thing. I have a similar to reaction to Baki as to Naruto where I just straight-up eventually do not care about the main character but the side characters are cool. Honestly, I think Baki really goes off the rails and gets just dumb with uninteresting fights but some of the character stuff carries a lot of charm with the supporting cast.

The Baki Experience done right 😁

-Give no fucks about tier 1 Yujiro and Baki shit

-Hope to see your 2nd tier favs get some spotlight one day

-Pray one day your 3rd tier favs will return and be promoted to 2nd tier

-Itagaki will feed you with 5% of what you're asking, but you will still like it

3 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

That's kind of the funny thing. I have a similar to reaction to Baki as to Naruto where I just straight-up eventually do not care about the main character but the side characters are cool. 

Naruto becomes less and less interesting as a character the more his origins undermine the series early themes.

As Naruto is revealed to be more and more of a fated Chosen One, he becomes less cool.

Half OT but beside Baki, also Garouden ever by Itagaki have awesome characters

Overall i prefer Baki ones, but Bunshichi Tanba may be my Itagaki's fav char ever

5 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Naruto becomes less and less interesting as a character the more his origins undermine the series early themes.

As Naruto is revealed to be more and more of a fated Chosen One, he becomes less cool.

Imagine be me trying to like Naruto when my fav char was Kiba, who was quickly fucked up and thrown into 3rd/4th tier

Naruto teached me the pain of watch a shonen while disliking main char 🤣

Being spoiled af by being a Sagittarius guy and Seiya fan in Saint Seiya did'nt helped either lol 

Edited by CESTUS III

I started MK1 story mode. I played up to Sub-Zero's chapter. Everything so far has been pretty good. The plot is coming along nicely, the humor is landing, the character chemistry is great, some of the character reinventions are great to see.

Spoiler

Seeing Shang Tsung be a con artist and getting his ass handed to him by an angry mob is great. 

The only thing I haven't enjoyed so far is Megan Fox voice acting. The woman is reading lines not acting.

3 hours ago, BigMex said:

Street Fighter 6 took many lessons from the SFII animated movie.

I wish it had taken even more, to be honest.
A SF game that uses ArcSys's graphical methods to emulate the SF2 anime movie's art style is a dream of mine.

I don't care much for SF6's realistic art style.  Don't get me wrong, they did an amazing job with it, it's just...not what I was hoping for.
I was hoping for an Alpha 4.  With modern 2.5D cel-shading.

Edited by DarthEnderX

Love they gave him gold chain and watch, small chara design detail but sell the idea even without know his story 😁

@Miðgarðsormhave a question over a pic, do you ever translated this?

Screenshot-2023-09-16-143513.png

I think it's supposed to tell us about Honda and Blanka during SF3 days, as seem part of same bunch of pics/ministories where we knew about Zangief throwing Pulk Hogen out of the ring with Sean knocking him out, and Rog losing to Alex in a mma tournament

Maybe you already this in some old post, but i don't remember anything

8 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

@Miðgarðsormhave a question over a pic, do you ever translated this?

Screenshot-2023-09-16-143513.png

Never, lol. Interestingly, it's Honda's report about his and Blanka's encounter with ORO.

"The locals called him Oro ("gold"). They said that once, if you entered the forest, he often came to snatch your food and your wine, but his last sighting around the village we were staying in was some 15 years before, and he had not been seen since. During our fifth day in the jungle, my companion Jimmy was more lively than his usual, and at one point looked like he had found something and suddenly took a fighting stance staring at the river. That instant, the water's surface exploded and out of it emerged an enormous fish, about 3 metres long, and under it a shining golden-coloured man who held up the fish with a single arm; he fled as if the water didn't offer any physical resistance. The next day, when we talked about what we had seen the day before in another village much deeper in the forest, we understood we had met the fabled Amazonian hermit named Oro. I thought I'd like to fight him once. Jimmy, however, didn't remember anything except the fish, which, according to him, was a delicious pirarucu¹."

¹ Pirarucu, or Arapaima (Arapaima gigas) is the giant fish appearing in Blanka's stage since SF2.

2 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Never, lol. Interestingly, it's Honda's report about his and Blanka's encounter with ORO.

"The locals called him Oro ("gold"). They said that once, if you entered the forest, he often came to snatch your food and your wine, but his last sighting around the village we were staying in was some 15 years before, and he had not been seen since. During our fifth day in the jungle, my companion Jimmy was more lively than his usual, and at one point looked like he had found something and suddenly took a fighting stance staring at the river. That instant, the water's surface exploded and out of it emerged an enormous fish, about 3 metres long, and under it a shining golden-coloured man who held up the fish with a single arm; he fled as if the water didn't offer any physical resistance. The next day, when we talked about what we had seen the day before in another village much deeper in the forest, we understood we had met the fabled Amazonian hermit named Oro. I thought I'd like to fight him once. Jimmy, however, didn't remember anything except the fish, which, according to him, was a delicious pirarucu¹."

¹ Pirarucu, or Arapaima (Arapaima gigas) is the giant fish appearing in Blanka's stage since SF2.

Thanks! 👍

Cool that they linked somehow Blanka to him, fact we know Oro was in amazon jungle make their meeting feel reasonable/not shoehorned story wise

Got also pieces about Ibuki wich seem saving a little girl from being ran over by a truck and a drawing of Necro+UFO+cow (guess somebody seen him and took him for an alien? lol), wich were on same page

Screenshot-2023-09-17-020326.png

Screenshot-2023-09-17-020355.png

On 9/14/2023 at 11:58 PM, CESTUS III said:

props to @Sonerofor posting it in the other thread

The thing itself is'nt big deal, i swear i already have a more accurate Baki in my save data... but if this mean we will get also items from characters of the series i'm all for it 💎

Sonero gave me excuse to back up my words, here some Baki shit i have 😁

-click for full size-

SF6-BAKI.jpg

fun detail Goki's fake glass eye is fake here too lol

8 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Great now all of Cestus' characters are going to snake across the ground 🙃

I like lot of stuff she have:

Basic moveset may work well on my Gen's Apprentice or malaysian girl Pencak Silat fighter*

The bubble stuff may work nice for Menat

The "dart/rope" attacks may work for my Zubaz or to simulate Maggio's yoyo if i give it a try

There's also a command throw i would like to try on Laura

There's even something i would try use on a Necalli if i will ever do one (currently it's not worth it)

Cool think even if you don't like a char you can still steal shit from him lol

Like Akuma is one of the very last chars i desire in a SF game, yet if he get some original non-shoto stuff to steal will be better than nothing lol

*don't remember precise full number but side by side with recreations of main cast wanted to dedicate bunch of slots to make OC based on legit rejected SF concepts... stayed loyal with original sketches some times, went for huge redesign some others 😁

Gave also name to all those that did'nt got one, but should see my save data, don't remember them lol

So far iirc i  made

SF4- King Cobra

SFV- Malaysia Pencak Silat woman

SFV-Gen's Apprentice

SF4- Smalt Raven

SF4- Franch judo girly boy (Abel prototype)

SFV- Aikido girl Asuka

SFV- "civilized" Yeti

SFV- Hawaian fire dancer fat girl

SF2- Legendary ZUBAZ (already posted pics iirc)

There are some more i wish to do, but stopped for a while waiting they release some locked stuff and we get more pieces to work with... currently specially non-urban chars are crippled hard by the selection Capcom allowed us to use. Unlock all Nayshall people (and lot other already existing NPC items) stuff would be already a big step, but wonder how long will take

7 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

I'm expecting her win quotes to be top tier.

AKI gives me the chilliest of chills. In a good way.

My World Tour run has been awful. I'm still trying to locate my opponents scattered throughout Metro City. 

Iirc the fighters side-quest have them all listed on the map when you activate the mission, try check it

Only truly tricky i remember was Shen Long, mostly because irrc there's a ladder to climb to the top that appear only after a specific point of your progress through story

Edited by CESTUS III
5 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

A Baki crossover doesn't seem like it would be very interesting, costume-wise.  Cause it looks like everyone just wears little shorts.

Tbh i love the idea specially because does'nt necessary have much "identity", we can get simple sport/fighting stuff that can fit many concepts

Even get just more shorts would help, so far capcom locked 2 out 3 (boxing style and MMA style) of the existing  WTM shorts, just because they chosen to put HUGE limits of existing stuff we can actually use

Btw i think of main cast only Baki and Jack fight in shorts (Baki with stripes on wrist/ankles that i will like get)

Going by most common outfit, picking just main cast fighters

Yujiro -> black shirt with rolled sleeves, black pants, kung fu shoes

Doppo -> full karate gi with rolled sleeves

Goki -> aikido uniform

Hanayama -> yakuza suit (or japanese thong)

Retsu -> kung fu pants and shoes (think like Fei Long)

Katsumi -> full karate gi with rolled sleeves

Motobe -> traditional japanese martial art outfit

Pickle-> japanese thong

Oliva -> various outfits (speedo being most common lol)

Sukune -> classic sumo thong, but he also fought some with normal life clothes like beanie, flower shirt and sandals

Musashi -> traditional japanese martial art outfit, katana+sheath. One version add stripes and a bandana

As much is generic stuff would help me design fighters when SF6 so far throw at me urban crap 90% of times lol

Edited by CESTUS III
26 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Yeah, but do you want to spend $15 for those shorts?

I hope they went much less retard than they did with TMNT collab, also because i really hope the fact almost nobody seem to have bought that shit (at least based on my BH experience on various servers) could have gave them a reality check 

Beside having childhood warm memories i don't givenshit about TMNT while i would love spend for the Baki collab... but products they offer must have a price i find reasonable 

To me it's not much the number they put on that price, is what they offer for it 

15€ for a single turtle was retarded, glad they bombed 

Reasonable would have been 5€ each and 15€ bundle price for all four

Would still have not bought it, but would have been reasonable and likely at the end of the day they would have made more money imho. 

Hopefully was just a very greed retardness test for us as audience lol 

On other hand i get tons of fun using SF6 editor, i like it as mich as main game. 

If anything i'm pissed the range of things we can do with our creations (in terma of playable modes and options) is SO limited. 

Mostly because i think they harm themselves too (as people is less willing to invest money in chars they can't do much with) but they're too stupid to realize it because despite all the dicksucking they got for SF6 nice launch imho we're still dealing with obtuse greedy capcom

But have to admit

If a piece is overpriced but beyond single brand-char recreation i see it useful for many many creations, then i may spend price bit more stupid 

Guess will discover soon if i like the offer or not lol

On 9/15/2023 at 4:33 PM, BigMex said:

The next post is up. Street Fighter 6 took many lessons from the SFII animated movie. It had been used to make some of the best fighting game experiences for decades. Find out how on the blog.  https://streetwriterpodcast.blogspot.com/2023/09/street-fighter-6-master-class-in-game_01844573532.html 

Good read, but just a little detail, post contain a false thing that fanbase keep push while devs say otherwise:

"Those few seconds of film did more to tell the audience what type of person Ryu was than anything else in the movie. He was not a soulless fighting machine. He had sympathy, and understood there were many less fortunate. Even though he was essentially homeless as well, he knew he had his health, and friends to rely on. He made sure to fix his mistake, show some compassion, and leave the poor family with their dignity intact."

The idea Ryu is some sort of poor guy that don't have much money because all his life is just do martial arts has been debunked by Capcom, saying through various gimmicks (like jobs that require strenght or even gambling on his own victory) Ryu basically ever have enough money to do shit he need to do.

Recently (i think in SF6 WTM) they even gone further and explained thanks to Ken handling his savings, he's even rich probably lol... no much surprise considering he probably won big money through years and wasted none in luxury lol

6 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

The #1 non-fighting game crossover gear I want is Hokuto No Ken.

Hands down.

Go back to the roots.

HNK would be cool, Raoh pieces would help make a Bison CC too

Considering anime/manga, beside Baki i guess some possibilities are

Kengan -> they made a crossover chapter were protagonist dream about fight Ryu

One Punch Man -> Yusuke Murata made a SF manga (not sure if some other SH own OPM rights for videogames)

JoJo -> huge influence on SF and Capcom made games about it

8 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

The idea that an alt costume would cost more than an entirely new character is ludicrous.

I agree, but guess that's how things are now

Must be considered chars used even to be essentially "free" in SFV (using fight money), so guess this was where Capcom chosen DLC aesthetics is where charge money

But definitely hope SF6 will return to a more reasonable pricing as SFV DLCs were

3 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Fuuuck no!  Do not waste fighter slots on guest characters.

9 times out 10 i would agree with this

TMNT is surely one of these 9

Now, if we speak about SFEX or SNK stuff thing would be different lol

Edited by CESTUS III
3 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

"Those few seconds of film did more to tell the audience what type of person Ryu was than anything else in the movie. He was not a soulless fighting machine. He had sympathy, and understood there were many less fortunate. Even though he was essentially homeless as well, he knew he had his health, and friends to rely on. He made sure to fix his mistake, show some compassion, and leave the poor family with their dignity intact."

The idea Ryu is some sort of poor guy that don't have much money because all his life is just do martial arts has been debunked by Capcom, saying through various gimmicks (like jobs that require strenght or even gambling on his own victory) Ryu basically ever have enough money to do shit he need to do.

1.  He said he's homeless, not that he's poor.  Homeless just means you don't have a place to live.  And I can believe that Ryu still doesn't, because he simply never bothered to get one.  He could have been a millionaire, while still be living on the street due to his lifestyle.

2.  Ryu may have had money, but had no idea how to manage or make use of it until Ken took over his finances and gave him a card.  Which is a seemingly recent development.  He's talking about a scene from the SF2AM, which takes place way earlier in the timeline.  So he A.  May not have had money yet, and B.  May not have had access to what money he had.

Edited by DarthEnderX
5 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I will take the turtles over any world warrior who hasn't made it in.

Yeah, no. Fuck guest characters point blank period. Fighting game franchises have too many characters that are actually apart of the franchise available to waste them on guests. Keep that garbage in MK and Tekken. To borrow a wrestling term it's a "Cheap pop" and it's leads to licensing issues down the line. Especially with this all digital BS on the horizon. Can't wait to see some of these character IP vampires get delisted because they don't want to pony up for the license down the line. Disk drive won't be there to save them.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

I think people are reading too much into what I meant. Being homeless does not mean being poor. There are a lot of people in my city that live out of their cars, work 40+ hours a week, and collect a paycheck. They simply can't afford rent, don't have friends, or family to lean on. Or are too prideful, or stubborn to accept help from loved ones. I know Ryu has money. For decades I was pretty sure that he had a credit card, and cash hidden in his duffel bag. SF6 confirmed that Ken had made sure he was taken care of. When I said Ryu was homeless I meant that he literally lived out of his bag the majority of the year. He chose this path, he could have stayed at his master's temple, and trained in privacy. But he actively sought out the challenge, even if it meant sleeping rough most of his life. 

29 minutes ago, BigMex said:

I think people are reading too much into what I meant. Being homeless does not mean being poor. There are a lot of people in my city that live out of their cars, work 40+ hours a week, and collect a paycheck. 

True, Some I know that lived that way in IT industry were called as Digital Nomads.

So doesn't really wants to stay on one place or another they are jetsetters.

Edited by Shakunetsu
2 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

1.  He said he's homeless, not that he's poor.  Homeless just means you don't have a place to live.  And I can believe that Ryu still doesn't, because he simply never bothered to get one.  He could have been a millionaire, while still be living on the street due to his lifestyle.

He does

"In a conversation with Guile published in the November 1, 2018 issue of "Weekly Famitsu", Ryu tells Guile that he has a fixed address, living a normal life when off, and having enough money to fly. Ryu's house also appears in the Street Fighter ZERO3 Drama Album where Vega calls Ryu to tell him that he’s kidnapped Sakura.[70] It's implied that Ryu lives in Tokyo as it's not only described as being Ryu's hometown but in the Drama CD, Ryu heads to Haneda Yamamoto by foot to confront Vega and other members of Shadaloo.[50]"