Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

4 hours ago, GreatDarkHero said:

By the time Gouki becomes playable, we're going to get some more of: "I am the master of the fist!," and then we're expected to forget that he was smoked out by Gouken, Gen, and Oro at one point.

As shameless Akuma hater i would like if that many people smoked him, but sadly is'nt the case

When younger Gouken indeed defeated clean Gouki first time, Gouki fucked him up in the rematch and after years Gouken "won" the third by using Mu no Ken, but we have no idea if he actually beated him up or just successfully defended himself using MnK as shield... we do know that right after the match Gouki was'nt injuried but accepted defeat (as he could not harm Gouken as long he got MnK) and left

Beside first, follow up become them one-oup each other with a new technique: Gouki with SGS in SF2, Gouken with MnK in SF4, Gouki is working on new one in SFV (to pierce through MnK)... my fear is ultimately Gouki will manage to kill Gouken as set up for Ryu vs Gouki

Gen was able to give him competitive fight but Gouki left when realized Gen, who was sick of leukemia, would not be able to fight 100% (implied Gouki would have likely won, but the disease interfering with the outcome would have not made it a "pure victory")

Oro an Gouki both agreed to interrupt the fight as some sort of draw, as they  both realized the outcome of the fight would have been mutual destruction

BONUS: We may have Garuda making Akuma literally escape with tail between legs, but being SFEX events from there are not canon in actual SF main chapters story, even if at this point the characters themselves are canon to exist (Darun being canonized in SFV)

So we have Garuda likely to exist somewhere in SF world, but we can't know if in a re-written SF fight they would give it same outcome of SFEX

3 hours ago, Dracu said:

This could be a pretty interesting twist, regarding how Bison keeps surviving being blown up. It's not because is soul is surviving in the ether, but because its returning back to some hidden decrepit original, from where he can still manifest his power. 

I think the truth may be in the middle... my guess is his soul indeed survive in the ether, maybe not even needing to return home,  but he can do this because his original body is still alive and only thing destroyed is a temporary artificial shell (the "Bison bodies" we seen in games), the real  Bison is still somewhere projecting his soul/ki and looking for new body to parasite with it

Kinda like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astral_projection

(Ryu does same with a part of his soul in SFV, causing Kage to appear in fighters mind)

It's interesting he seems to need have planted Psycho Power in advance to use somebody as host later, is as if he turn people into living "radio receiver"

Like (copy paste from wikipedia lol)

"Radio waves are generated artificially by an electronic device called a transmitter, which is connected to an antenna which radiates the waves.They are received by another antenna connected to a radio receiver, which processes the received signal."

Let's take for a moment Bison's gimmick works like that, his original body is the transmitter, everything else are just radio receivers... but to keep the trasmission going on original body should be alive, otherwise the transmission would interrupt as soon the shell body is destroyed 😁

But interesting part is in SF4 prologue Bison accept to be imprisoned in the shell body while it's still closed in the lab growth capsule, and he's even so frustrated by that that push his scientists to release it earlier

Make me think if he still have an original body to live in must be in such miserable conditions that he can't do anything with it, otherwise would have likely lived decent life in original body waiting the SF4 shell to be ready to be "piloted"

Now that you make me think about it, i'm curious to know in case he will find a perfect host and successfully parasite it, if he will still be forced to keep alive his own original body hidden somewhere attached to machines, or if he know some method to do a full 100% transition and keep exist beyond his original body death

14 hours ago, GreatDarkHero said:

By the time Gouki becomes playable, we're going to get some more of: "I am the master of the fist!," and then we're expected to forget that he was smoked out by Gouken, Gen, and Oro at one point. 

I hope people still don't buy into the Shun Goku Satsu literally taking people to hell to have their souls shredded by demons or something corny like that. 

The nail in that coffin should have been obvious by SFV. 

I expect him gonna kill either Oro or Gouken off screen lol.

And I don't like it, that's a poor way to sell his character 

by the way Viper kinda hot here

On 8/3/2023 at 2:04 AM, CESTUS III said:

I think the truth may be in the middle... my guess is his soul indeed survive in the ether, maybe not even needing to return home,  but he can do this because his original body is still alive and only thing destroyed is a temporary artificial shell (the "Bison bodies" we seen in games), the real  Bison is still somewhere projecting his soul/ki and looking for new body to parasite with it

Kinda like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astral_projection

(Ryu does same with a part of his soul in SFV, causing Kage to appear in fighters mind)

It's interesting he seems to need have planted Psycho Power in advance to use somebody as host later, is as if he turn people into living "radio receiver"

Like (copy paste from wikipedia lol)

"Radio waves are generated artificially by an electronic device called a transmitter, which is connected to an antenna which radiates the waves.They are received by another antenna connected to a radio receiver, which processes the received signal."

Let's take for a moment Bison's gimmick works like that, his original body is the transmitter, everything else are just radio receivers... but to keep the trasmission going on original body should be alive, otherwise the transmission would interrupt as soon the shell body is destroyed 😁

But interesting part is in SF4 prologue Bison accept to be imprisoned in the shell body while it's still closed in the lab growth capsule, and he's even so frustrated by that that push his scientists to release it earlier

Make me think if he still have an original body to live in must be in such miserable conditions that he can't do anything with it, otherwise would have likely lived decent life in original body waiting the SF4 shell to be ready to be "piloted"

Now that you make me think about it, i'm curious to know in case he will find a perfect host and successfully parasite it, if he will still be forced to keep alive his own original body hidden somewhere attached to machines, or if he know some method to do a full 100% transition and keep exist beyond his original body death

Kinda like the Star Wars sequel trilogies. Surprised Capcom didn't sue Disney yet with that Palpatine stuff. That's an exact X.C.O.P.Y. of Vega.

My 2cents

GUILE: While will never beat Nostalgia design (wich is only i use currently) would have prefered this as defeault "new look" over the shit he got in SF6, pretty good.   8/10

MARISA: Idk i completely missed the Marisa hype train so i don't have that great attachment to this design becoming reality, but overall i dig it, the imagery will feel like fighting an ancient goddess statue that became alive, i will wait to see if they can nail it ingame 7/10

JURI: Lol when i seen this first time weeks ago in that vid i thought would be Li Fen alt if she ever become playable lol. It's not bad (is even fun they thought to use loose pants cloth to alter silhuette between legs when she kicks) retty typical Juri kind of alt, guess does'nt accomplish much beyond please bit of fetish, wich is usually what Juri alts are about lol. Still wish one day i will get the SF4 Taekwondoo sketch 6/10

DEEJAY: Pretty good, this will look awesome during his Lv3 in particular, very fitting in style and offering something very different

As we speak sure will buy Guile and maybe Deejay. Waiting to see Marisa final result

PS: hate this 4 costumes bullshit, wish they just release 3rd alt for all, like was for Battle Costume in SFV

Of sketches we seen i'm waiting Nayshall JP and Holyday Honda, will sure buy these

Need a lot Ryu beardless alt that does'nt suck like nostalgia crap one lol

2 hours ago, BornWinner said:

So unless AKI is completely insane, FANG is confirmed to still be alive with the way she's talking about her master.

Don't remember how, but i thought we knew FANG was alive after ASF 

Maybe was the side story, i think him taking AKI under his wing is supposed to happen after Shadaloo end 

He also looks different than he does in Shadaloo and Nguhao days, would say definitely older too

Street Fighter on Twitter: "What has become of F.A.N.G since the fall of  Shadaloo? Find out in TOXICITY! ☠️ Part 1: https://t.co/v8x9SXl53y 🗡️ Part  2: https://t.co/aG4CxLfy0n 👥 Part 3: https://t.co/3EaMIzd9lE  https://t.co/Lx0GKJoUAC" /

Also one typical trait of FANG is survive 

Survived the poison training 

Survived the massacre of Nguhao

Survived the fall in ASF? 

We seen him fall, but as ridicolous it is we know he have the ability to fly for short distances using sleeves

Edited by CESTUS III
8 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

The last we see him in ASF isn't the fall with Marz.  It's him seemingly being crushed by rubble while watching Bison die.

But the Side-Reader definitely took place after ASF.  So he was alive.

you're right, that must be the memory i had we knew FANG did'nt died in the furnace 👍 

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It's early but she seems to sliding into Juri's old role. Juri pulled a Stone Cold Steve Austin and became too popular to be a heel.

I don't know about that. There's no sign of Juri turning a new leaf and she's as obnoxious as ever. Juri has doubled down on rejecting redemption so she is staying heel. Aki could turn out to be the punchline to Juri's Harley

AKI surprised me pleasantly

I love they did'nt gave her just hot anime girl with white hair, but pushed her aesthetic into albino look with eyebrows and eyelashes... make clear how the FANG poison training put huge stress on her body (getting The Witcher vibes lol), plus that psycho smiling face at 0:41 lol

It's nice design detail that while surely she got lot of that poison during her training, she still did'nt had to go through same shit FANG did... her hands did'nt got "mutated", and seems rather than be able to produce poison with her body these little chains on her forearms are soak in it and send it to her artificial claws (wonder if this mean unlike Fang her poison may not be infinite?)... guess either FANG did'nt want to ruin her hands look (he have to conceal his own hands with sleeves) or he invented these metal "gloves" to compensate the fact she did'nt got same amount of years he got to train the poison hand (let alone she may not survive it, survival rate was said to be very tiny)

I like also her facial features feeling very chinese, and also her ultra slender builtwith long neck and fluid movements (combined with reptile scales dress) giving her a snake look

Could care less about her because  would have needed that slot for 99 other things, but i have to admit she's very very well done for what it is

Only super small thing that bother me about her is they could have done it without histerical bitch laugh, we got Juri to cover that, would have much prefered her to be just a whispering psychopathic... the part when she explain how poison is going to fuck you up was nice

5 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I don't know about that. There's no sign of Juri turning a new leaf and she's as obnoxious as ever. Juri has doubled down on rejecting redemption so she is staying heel. Aki could turn out to be the punchline to Juri's Harley

I'm not saying Juri is a good guy by any means, but she's not on the same level of ruthlessness she was in SFIV. Chun Li's words to Juri in SF6 would have gone in one ear and right out the other for SFIV Juri. They bothered SF6 Juri enough that she thought about them later. Did they change her outlook? No, but the fact that she thought about them at all is telling. 

2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm not saying Juri is a good guy by any means, but she's not on the same level of ruthlessness she was in SFIV. Chun Li's words to Juri in SF6 would have gone in one ear and right out the other for SFIV Juri. They bothered SF6 Juri enough that she thought about them later. Did they change her outlook? No, but the fact that she thought about them at all is telling. 

Chun's words have weight because Juri is direction less. Vengeance is what she lived for and it's gone now. The "what are you doing with your life" speech will hit hard

7 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm not saying Juri is a good guy by any means, but she's not on the same level of ruthlessness she was in SFIV. Chun Li's words to Juri in SF6 would have gone in one ear and right out the other for SFIV Juri. They bothered SF6 Juri enough that she thought about them later. Did they change her outlook? No, but the fact that she thought about them at all is telling

Yeah they are gently moving towards that direction even her costumes are going that way.

she now the new chunli of the new generation by accident not by intent. lol

I mean remember when Sagat was something else back then, the last of that was SFALPHA-ONE and non-canon SVC haha

Edited by Shakunetsu
3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Luke is the new Ryu, Jamie is the new Ken, and Kimberly is the new Chun Li according to the devs.

yeah but i think they later just go which would became popular or having better fan reception.

if they will handle SF till 4 more titles and doesn't leave Capcom.

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

I like also her facial features feeling very chinese, and also her ultra slender builtwith long neck and fluid movements (combined with reptile scales dress) giving her a snake look

Snakelike!  That's it!  She has a very...inhuman look.  Which I wanted to describe as..."extreme asiaface", only that's really racist.  She has that in common with FANG, where she almost seems like a racist caricature.

But describing her features as "serpentine" also works.

Edited by DarthEnderX
Just now, DarthEnderX said:

Snakelike!  That's it!  She has a very...inhuman look.  Which I wanted to describe as..."super asian", only that's really racist.  She has that in common with FANG, where she almost seems like a racist caricature.

But describing her features as "serpentine" also works.

They drive the snake theme home with her snake skin leather attire. I think someone said it here. F.A.N.G. had a crane aesthetic and A.K.I. has a snake one. I'm have a feeling the difference will play out in how her Kung Fu style is portrayed. I can see the snake style themed normals and specials already. Best part about this is the implications for other characters. It further reduces any chance Rufus has of ever showing up again. 

Side Note: The EH comment section isn't all bad. One of the commenters made an astute observation. A.K.I had five poison bags, could be a Five Deadly Venoms reference. 

3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Chun's words have weight because Juri is direction less. Vengeance is what she lived for and it's gone now. The "what are you doing with your life" speech will hit hard

So this is a case of:

Juri: "For all my rough exterior and sadist attitude, I really wonder where I am going with my life. The sudden and violent death of my parents left me filled with trauma and anger against the world. I try to fill the void in my soul with crime and senseless violence, but it does nothing to hide the sensation that I'm alo-"

A.K.I.: "Poison. Poison small children. Poison my own father and mother. Poison the village's water supply. Disperse deadly poison in the middle of the crowd on a busy city day. Poison. Toxins. Venom. Ichor. Nerve gas. Snakes. Serpents. Scorpions. Having a pet cobra. Having a pet rattlesnake. Breed and eat poisonous frogs. Unleash 222 live vipers in the middle of an elementary school. Poison (the Final Fight character). Worship Master F.A.N.G's naked sculpted body (Gigachad) as the apex of the human male form. Season food with Cyanide powder to develop resistance to it. Poison."

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

They drive the snake theme home with her snake skin leather attire. I think someone said it here. F.A.N.G. had a crane aesthetic and A.K.I. has a snake one.

I had thought she would take F.A.N.G.’s super where he acts like a bird, but seeing this pointed out makes me think A.K.I. will instead slithers towards someone like a snake.

In regards to the teaser, I believe we can hear an arrangement of A.K.I.’s theme when she starts listing off side effects. I like it so far. Sounds like it’s from a horror movie.

I definitely like what I'm seeing of AKI. As Cestus said, it's cool that they didn't just stop at white hair, but like people with Albinism, they gave her the eyelashes too. It's early, but I think what the devs can do to save her from being Juri 2.0 is have her crazy tempered. instead of being violent, trolling, sensual, and cackling mad, Aki could take what we saw and run with it; she can be a studious info-dump of info about Poisons, somewhat playful when she's got her prey, but typically have an almost analytic personality only dipping into the hysterical Yandere occasionally when she's succeeded in Poisoning someone, doing something that FANG would praise her for, etc.