Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

Zangief's Story

Spoiler

Zangief's story begins with him spotting a flyer on the wall, catching his attention. The flyer announces a search for a partner in the Colosseo, with an open invitation for everyone to participate. Zangief's excitement grows as he realizes that someone is seeking a partner for a tag team match. It has always been his dream to have a bout in the Colosseo, and he sees this as the perfect opportunity. With determination in his eyes, Zangief proclaims that he, the Red Cyclone, will answer the call and be at their doorstep soon.

Filled with anticipation, Zangief rushes off to the Colosseo, ready to prove his strength and skills in the ring. However, he fails to  notice the last flyer on the wall, which bears a different message. This new flyer warns that only those serious about marriage should apply and that applicants will be vetted through trial by combat. The flyer is signed by Marisa.

At the Colosseo, Zangief finally comes face-to-face with Marisa, the Pankratiast who wrote the flyer. They exchange spirited banter, with Marisa commenting that Zangief looks even more appetizing in person than the rumors suggest. Zangief, filled with confidence, affirms that his muscular body will never quit until its dying day. The stage is set for an epic battle between the Red Cyclone and the Pankratiast.

Zangief and Marisa engage in an intense and thrilling fight, showcasing their impressive skills and strength. 

After the battle, Marisa commends Zangief, acknowledging that he lives up to his reputation and is every bit as good as they say he is. However, she then surprises Zangief with an unexpected revelation, which leaves him confused.

Marisa shows Zangief the part of the flyer he missed, which states that the purpose of the gathering was not for a tag team match, but for marriage. Zangief is taken aback, realizing his misunderstanding. He stammers, trying to explain that he thought it was a tag match and that such matters require careful consideration.

Feeling flustered, Zangief suddenly remembers that he has a match scheduled for the day and hastily uses it as an excuse to withdraw his offer to assist with the tag match. Zangief then swiftly leaves the Colosseo, leaving Marisa behind with a mix of confusion and amusement.

She muses to herself that she had spread the flyers half-jokingly, hoping that someone strong would show up, but never did she expect to come across such a catch like Zangief.

Despite the unexpected turn of events, Marisa expresses a hope to meet Zangief again in the future, hinting at a possibility of crossing paths once more.

That's all of them. 

Can't wait to do the upcoming characters.

22 minutes ago, Sonero said:

My daughter had a few questions about Chun:

1) Does she have a job other than the orphanage?

2) Does she teach the kids how to fight?

If you guys don't answer this I'm closing the thread. 😤

1) She's still an Interpol agent but she's currently on a sabbatical to focus on family and the school. She helps Interpol when she can or when they need her expertise.

2) She does! She's been training kids (and adults) for many years now! 🥰

58 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

In Dhalsim's story mode, he also thought he briefly sensed the SnH coming from her.  It's gone after he fights her, and Dhalsim thinks he must have been mistaken, but it's clear that it's something.

Yeah also Singing Wolf talk abount an "evil parasite" wich make Lily attack us, but he was possibly talking about her lol 

3 hours ago, Daemos said:

SPILL THE TEA!!!

Would like if the G apocalypse will have indeed apocalypse traits including the four horsemen thing... being the earth to rebel have them be the 4 elements would be fitting (and give us 4 bosses like SF2)

Capcom already played on four horsemen after all, see FF Streetwise

4 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Would like if the G apocalypse will have indeed apocalypse traits including the four horsemen thing... being the earth to rebel have them be the 4 elements would be fitting (and give us 4 bosses like SF2)

Capcom already played on four horsemen after all, see FF Streetwise

Very tough sell because I don't know if Capcom can follow through...

Like they started the Neo-Shadaloo thing and they had their own "4 kings" gimmick and not only does it look reductive, it's practically a parody.

I think the Secret Society had real potential with the elemental thing. They could've introduced other high members (that are not Gill's lackeys) like Urien and expand on the secret techniques. A long time ago, I did imagine that Gill and Urien had a sister that was wiser and more level-headed than either that comes to restore the old order to the society after her siblings' antics. This way the Society would have "3" like a holy trinity while Shadaloo would be the "4" like the horsemen. A nice contrast between the two and thematic.

Going back to your point however,  it's possible that Lily is experiencing the Wind Horseman but the "SNH" and "Red ki" thing makes me thing it's something or someone else.

I do hope we get answers in SF6, because SF7 is a million years away. If the G arc doesn't start during SSF6 then it will likely be forgotten. Can't keep postponing the apocalypse forever.

3 hours ago, Sonero said:

My daughter had a few questions about Chun:

1) Does she have a job other than the orphanage?

2) Does she teach the kids how to fight?

If you guys don't answer this I'm closing the thread. 😤

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

1) She's still an Interpol agent but she's currently on a sabbatical to focus on family and the school. She helps Interpol when she can or when they need her expertise.

2) She does! She's been training kids (and adults) for many years now! 🥰

According to Juri so pulled some strings in Interpol to get Chun fired. Real hater shit!

4 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Zangief's Story

Reveal hidden contents

Zangief's story begins with him spotting a flyer on the wall, catching his attention. The flyer announces a search for a partner in the Colosseo, with an open invitation for everyone to participate. Zangief's excitement grows as he realizes that someone is seeking a partner for a tag team match. It has always been his dream to have a bout in the Colosseo, and he sees this as the perfect opportunity. With determination in his eyes, Zangief proclaims that he, the Red Cyclone, will answer the call and be at their doorstep soon.

Filled with anticipation, Zangief rushes off to the Colosseo, ready to prove his strength and skills in the ring. However, he fails to  notice the last flyer on the wall, which bears a different message. This new flyer warns that only those serious about marriage should apply and that applicants will be vetted through trial by combat. The flyer is signed by Marisa.

At the Colosseo, Zangief finally comes face-to-face with Marisa, the Pankratiast who wrote the flyer. They exchange spirited banter, with Marisa commenting that Zangief looks even more appetizing in person than the rumors suggest. Zangief, filled with confidence, affirms that his muscular body will never quit until its dying day. The stage is set for an epic battle between the Red Cyclone and the Pankratiast.

Zangief and Marisa engage in an intense and thrilling fight, showcasing their impressive skills and strength. 

After the battle, Marisa commends Zangief, acknowledging that he lives up to his reputation and is every bit as good as they say he is. However, she then surprises Zangief with an unexpected revelation, which leaves him confused.

Marisa shows Zangief the part of the flyer he missed, which states that the purpose of the gathering was not for a tag team match, but for marriage. Zangief is taken aback, realizing his misunderstanding. He stammers, trying to explain that he thought it was a tag match and that such matters require careful consideration.

Feeling flustered, Zangief suddenly remembers that he has a match scheduled for the day and hastily uses it as an excuse to withdraw his offer to assist with the tag match. Zangief then swiftly leaves the Colosseo, leaving Marisa behind with a mix of confusion and amusement.

She muses to herself that she had spread the flyers half-jokingly, hoping that someone strong would show up, but never did she expect to come across such a catch like Zangief.

Despite the unexpected turn of events, Marisa expresses a hope to meet Zangief again in the future, hinting at a possibility of crossing paths once more.

It's sad that Zangief's patriotism was wiped out of his character interactions in SF6. Possibly because of the whole Russia/Ukraine war.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Personally I don't believe a word she says when it comes to other characters. 

Me too. Her affirmation about Chun-Li's sabbatical and Viper are pure bollocks unless confirmed by other means....

In SFV, Viper mentions that the reason Juri wasn't in prison was because she wasn't her primary target.

I was kinda surprised that she eliminated the hackers that worked on the Black Moons project.

12 hours ago, Daemos said:

I do hope we get answers in SF6, because SF7 is a million years away. If the G arc doesn't start during SSF6 then it will likely be forgotten. Can't keep postponing the apocalypse forever.

About Lily i hope we get answers in SF6, but the nightmares specifically have her visibly older so doubt will fall in SF6 timeline  

11 hours ago, Daemos said:

Think Juri is possibly an unreliable narrator

11 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Personally I don't believe a word she says when it comes to other characters. 

Yeah, as master Juri herself admit to tell lot of bullshit just to troll us 

9 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

It's sad that Zangief's patriotism was wiped out of his character interactions in SF6. Possibly because of the whole Russia/Ukraine war.

Tbh is a little price to pay to keep have Zangief in SF... btw in my headcanon explanation may be Gief had strong bond and identify himself with URSS communist Russia (color scheme, calling people comrade, factory as stage) and he does'nt necessary have as much passion for modern Putin era one

There's an alt design with him sporting modern russian flag colors (just like classic SF2 one had URSS flag colors back in the day), wich i doubt will make it as alt in SF6 lol... wich is'nt tragedy, have other better alt designs 

NEW Costume Outfit Ideas For Zangief In Street Fighter 6 - YouTube

Plus again, to me Gief just is icon of URSS stereotype (and red with bit of yellow his signature scheme), not necessary of modern Russia

One kinda bold move they could have done is give him as one alt SF Duel pacifist design lol, could have been subtle hint Gief does'nt support current government actions 

Spoiler

https://tcrf.net/images/c/c8/SFDuelCHNDownloadScreen.png

Could have been nice way to avoid him getting boycotted by internet idiots, wich lucky/surprisingly did'nt happened beyond few YT comments

but risk was push Zangief away from his usual character though, so i'm totally ok with him just being now totally devoted to muscle training, pro wrestling and books without any mention of protecting russian skies or stuff like that

I can see SF6 just dodge this delicate situation entirely, and for once i don't blame them  

I guess also any hint about Kolin being as possibly ukranian will disappear or toned down, even if in SFV were already so subtle that almost nobody noticed it

PS: i think was@Miðgarðsormwho translated SF4 (or V?) scrapped concept of a cyborg Putin or something similar as their first idea for the "fighting president" they toyed with for a while in concepts lol

Edited by CESTUS III
5 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

About Lily i hope we get answers in SF6, but the nightmares specifically have her visibly older so doubt will fall in SF6 timeline  

Idk, SF6’s story could unfold over years again. We already have 4 years clocked in at least, there could be more timejumps. 

49 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Idk, SF6’s story could unfold over years again. We already have 4 years clocked in at least, there could be more timejumps. 

I think by the time of SF6 ingame timeline whole timejump somehow already absorbed Nayshall comic one

Tbh i hope for no more timejump,SF6 one already ruined enough my boy Ryu lol

I was hoping to see him in right-after-SF3-Ryu age range defeat once and for all Akuma leading us to a new SF world finally free of Akumastronk bullshit, with Ryu still young enough to have martial arts adventures and ready to discover new greater threats to have shonen fights with

Essentially what bunch of anime and manga already did

We end up with middle-age Ryu (with terrible nostalgia alt) be like "i'm not there yet", and Akumastronk bullshit surely about to happen again and rule SF6

😐

Edited by CESTUS III

I think there will be another year or two added after WTM. The last 3 SF games all had chapters that take place 6 to 24 months after the main event.

Unless Lily is helping set up the next chapter’s main villain, she should stop beating around the bush and just become evil/reveal Necalli in SF6. I don’t see her coming back as she has the poorest reception of the newcomers and usually only 1-2 of them survive the culling of the sequel.

Unfortunately @CESTUS IIIAkuma will likely not lose to Ryu this game. But I think SF7 is the game. 

13 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Unfortunately @CESTUS IIIAkuma will likely not lose to Ryu this game. But I think SF7 is the game. 

I don't think either

But one can dream, after all on hope side it seems Ryu will have nothing to do beside focus on free SF world from Akumastrok bullshit*

Let's see, sad part being by the time SF world will finally enter the new era free of creative self castration bullshit, Ryu will be even older unless SF7 happen right after SF6 with no timejump

But tbh could really all be handled like TK7 Kazuya-Heiachi final clash within SF6

only problem is how story works in SF6

WTM does'nt seem fit a mjor cinematic moment between main cast chars, Arcade is poor shit

Unless our avatar will be involved in WTM and work as simple spectator (kinda like Gen watching Akuma vs Gouken in SF4), but really doubt capcom would ever do it without make us FIGHT Akuma as Ryu

But is true SF6 system at the moment does'nt seem to have the tools to show us current events either, see Ken vs Jp still have to explode

*unless he will have to bitchslap Ken after revenge desire turned him into Violent Ken, can see devs waste our lives in this crap to postpone as possible destroy akuma cash cow

That reminded me to listen to Final Fight's Bay Area...

Which later in life was reimagined into this epic remix for SFxT (it was also partially used as Rolento's SFA2 theme).

IIRC, Bay Area is the only FF song made by the guy behind SF2's music. Which probably explains why its melody is godlike.

Edited by Daemos
8 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Im just waiting for a next season either getting a Mad Gear Saga WTM with FF and MadGear DLC character season or a Secret Society Season with SF3 characters aa DLC

From a story angle, I think next season will expand on the narrative and themes of the launch story.

I don't think they will introduce new plot (or new major locales) until the first Super edition which I think would show up in "Season 3".

Not plot related, just want to rant for a minute:

One of the new(ish) mechanics I hate in this game is the way so many characters have to build up stocks constantly or power up first, just to make their moves not suck.  They can't just have a normal, functioning moveset.  They have to waste time doing moves to "load up" an additional resource, or else they're at a disadvantage.

Frankly, I think it disrupts the flow of gameplay, makes playing those characters more complicated than it needs to be, and really just kinda sucks.
Fun and strong options were already balanced with EX/OD moves.  These characters didn't need to have a secondary powerup mechanic grafted on top of that.

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

Which later in life was reimagined into this epic remix for SFxT

All 3 of the Mad Gear Hideout themes in SFxTK were epic.

Fuck SF4's trailer music was good!

Edited by DarthEnderX

Just realized one thing, G absolute absence from current SF6 is by itself an update on his story 

If his global popularity plan was had success by the time of SF6 with all these years his face should be everywhere, yet he disappeared 

I thought Gill ass whooping would not have stopped G's campaign, but either he quitted or get beated up like that made him lose credibility in people's eyes 

Meanwhile we know Gill is still promoting himself as people Saviour in SF6

5 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Meanwhile we know Gill is still promoting himself as people Saviour in SF6

Yeah but he didn't really save anyone and he either lost or sandbagged all his fights. His plans pretty much all fell through too and definitely no world conquest for him.

Both of them did not really leave a mark on the world going by SF6 so far.

43 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Yeah but he didn't really save anyone and he either lost or sandbagged all his fights. His plans pretty much all fell through too and definitely no world conquest for him.

Both of them did not really leave a mark on the world going by SF6 so far.

I did'nt said Gill did left a mark, just pointed how in after-SF6 timeskip we see Gill message being alive (due MC main square sign) and we have nothing on G being still around so far

Not sure what the fights thing even mean as reply of my post, but canon wise in SFV we just seen Gill go through both Urien and G and lose/sandbag to nobody, so "he either lost or sandbagged all his fights" is false canon wise

Post was'nt even about Gill but more a reasoning on G's absence being by itself something, Gill served as comparision with another similar figure

I'm saying G in SFV wanted his global popularity up to have all/majority people of the world to follow him, the fact in SF6 we see no G after that big timeskip mean something interrupted his run/plan, be it Gill defeating him with people everywhere watching it on live streaming or something else

For what we know G may be on his space station planning something as we speak, but SF6 just give us indication that his SFV thing did'nt had success/follow up

On 6/24/2023 at 6:11 PM, Daemos said:

Don't forget the "Rose is stuck in a timeloop" arc....

On 6/25/2023 at 1:33 AM, Daemos said:

So was Chun-Li's. Her SF3 ending shows that she was teaching Kung-Fu for the glory of the motherland etc. etc. but now she is in Metro City.

Not sure if that wasn't a mistranslation/localization error. Li-Fen calls Chun-Li "Miss!" in the localized version while in the original jpn she calls her "Big sis!"

Chun-Li being in Metro City was purely for plot and WT gameplay reasons (the same goes for Jamie. So now Yun and Yang protected Metro City Chinatown?) so that Li-Fen could be kidnapped by Mad Gear. There was a stage in China where she or Jamie could be.

3 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

I'm saying G in SFV wanted his global popularity up to have all/majority people of the world to follow him, the fact in SF6 we see no G after that big timeskip mean something interrupted his run/plan, be it Gill defeating him with people everywhere watching it on live streaming or something else

For what we know G may be on his space station planning something as we speak, but SF6 just give us indication that his SFV thing did'nt had success/follow up

I am really curious about what he's up to in the many years since SFV. Since the main message he was showing was unity rather than him being unbeatable, I don't know if Gill beating him would ruin things. He didn't seem bothered about losing to Gill & ironically caused him to be a little bit frustrated since he couldn't get a clear answer from him when asking about the "Gate of Harmony". I don't know the timelines, but he seems like his usual self by the time Rose fights him, but there's no sign of how popular or unpopular he is.

It could be that he lost popularity and people moved on, he could be doing a "world tour" (hah) or Capcom wants to deal with him later and we'll learn what he's been up to in later seasons.  So far the only sign of him in SF6 is in:

FzkHflbXwAEOFo9?format=jpg&name=large

but it's impossible to know if the image is canon, or even how old the poster is, but the fact that it's there has my attention.

1 hour ago, ShockDingo said:

I am really curious about what he's up to in the many years since SFV. Since the main message he was showing was unity rather than him being unbeatable, I don't know if Gill beating him would ruin things. He didn't seem bothered about losing to Gill & ironically caused him to be a little bit frustrated since he couldn't get a clear answer from him when asking about the "Gate of Harmony". I don't know the timelines, but he seems like his usual self by the time Rose fights him, but there's no sign of how popular or unpopular he is.

It could be that he lost popularity and people moved on, he could be doing a "world tour" (hah) or Capcom wants to deal with him later and we'll learn what he's been up to in later seasons. 

Yeah, as i said my early impression back to SFV was indeed that G would have keept going on with his with his popularity campaign... we did'nt seen him cry mad at Gill for ruining his run, even beated up he seem to have FAITH that what's going to happen is still the same and inevitable

For some reason i think Gill recognized something in G powers (will not link now to SS elemental powers because would bring post elsewhere, but that), maybe somehow  -no idea how- he managed also to recognize G as a future-seer (G likely is one), wich is the scenario where Gill question make the most sense... he's asking him if his "artificial" forced-prophecy will have success because Gill KNOW he's going against traditional SS prophecy, so have a future-seer tell him to go ahead because his thing will work well would further strengthen his belief that he should take things on his hands

But we know G is set on his vision and that only, so gave him that reply

On other hand digging further i guess lose to Gill may have crippled G's run... not necessary because G have some "warrior ego" that require to be unbeatable and shit, but because seems to me G's way to go around fighting is some sort of way to candidate himself as "Humanity Champion"... like look invincible will do wonders at win people's hearts, because they will have faith G would take on himself any challenge (and win), people can stop fight because G will solve it himself

After all we know that was a fight WIN (defeating Rashid on vid) to boost his popularity up on next level, guess a LOSS to Gill could have resulted in opposite effect... maybe some of G followers even switched to Gill

Now that we talk about it got the realization Gill stomping G could have a secondary key of lecture

Back to SFV just thought he used G's popularity to have a big, bright world streming spotlight... but maybe was'nt just that

G was essentially proposing himself as some sort of prophet/saviour, so stomping on him Gill not only had the stage to show off himself, but also publicly defeated a rival in people's eyes

You have two fighters-prophets that promise will be strong lead for humanity (using different terms but to the core that's why their propaganda method is fight) and one fucked up the other, in the eyes of people willing to believe into that kind of shit that may send the message one with ass on the ground was lying, while one standing is the true one

Essentially Gill may have picked G as show debut not only for have a big spotlight but to start his public cult gaining fuckton of believers on day1 (stealing them to G)

Both G and Gill had best target audience in sheep people that look for a sheperd to tell them how to live, would not be so strange if essentially Gill took the sheep-people community G gathered for himself through his SFV run

May explain why so far in SF6  we see that Gill's cult is going on and even publicly accepted, while we have no signs of G

2 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

So far the only sign of him in SF6 is in:

FzkHflbXwAEOFo9?format=jpg&name=large

but it's impossible to know if the image is canon, or even how old the poster is, but the fact that it's there has my attention.

Yeah tricky part of that pic is that seem artist had fun trying to collect some cameos... we have Luke and Abigail in same room, G, Dudley and Rufus on the wall

Spoiler

https://assetsio.reedpopcdn.com/street-fighter-guile-barber.jpg?width=1600&height=900&fit=crop&quality=100&format=png&enable=upscale&auto=webp

I would be the first to be happy if that mean Dudley in, but i don't trust it enough to take it as anything

Plus another tricky part is that we know SF6 redesigned EVERYBODY tp adapt them to timeskip, Abigail look the same there (same for G, Dudley and Rufus, but indeed pics may be just old)

So even if we want take it as canon (i'm open to it) that pic may be of G SFV run days, wich would explain his design being the one we remember and not an updated one

We should consider also these art pieces seems indeed used as fanservice chance dropping cameos for fans, sticking to Guile for example we have another where in same pic we get DeeJay, Laura and Sean 😄

Spoiler

CDN media

14 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

One of the new(ish) mechanics I hate in this game is the way so many characters have to build up stocks constantly or power up first, just to make their moves not suck.  They can't just have a normal, functioning moveset.  They have to waste time doing moves to "load up" an additional resource, or else they're at a disadvantage.

Frankly, I think it disrupts the flow of gameplay, makes playing those characters more complicated than it needs to be, and really just kinda sucks.
Fun and strong options were already balanced with EX/OD moves.  These characters didn't need to have a secondary powerup mechanic grafted on top of that.

As someone who occasionally plays Ryu and has a pocket Lily I'm not bothered by it. It's a decision to be made. I could press the advantage or power myself up to gain plus frames for my moves. This isn't an issue for Lily as she can build stock easy. Denjin mode is a choice for Ryu. He doesn't need it to be good. 

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

As someone who occasionally plays Ryu and has a pocket Lily I'm not bothered by it. It's a decision to be made. I could press the advantage or power myself up to gain plus frames for my moves. This isn't an issue for Lily as she can build stock easy. Denjin mode is a choice for Ryu. He doesn't need it to be good. 

I think it hurts most for me with Juri.  I really liked Juri in SF4.  But then in SF5 they added the whole "She doesn't even have a projectile anymore unless she loads up her kicks first" mechanic and that pretty much ruined playing her for me(and my friend who used to main her).  And they kept that in SF6.

8 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

I did'nt said Gill did left a mark, just pointed how in after-SF6 timeskip we see Gill message being alive (due MC main square sign) and we have nothing on G being still around so far

Not sure what the fights thing even mean as reply of my post, but canon wise in SFV we just seen Gill go through both Urien and G and lose/sandbag to nobody, so "he either lost or sandbagged all his fights" is false canon wise

Post was'nt even about Gill but more a reasoning on G's absence being by itself something, Gill served as comparision with another similar figure

I'm just pointing out that neither of them got what they wanted more or less going by SF6, both interrupted. Gill revealed himself but then what? None of his threads in SF3 came to fruition. Aside from that billboard which may just be an Easter Egg, the society seems utterly forgotten in the world so far for something that was supposed to be akin to the second coming of Christ.

I'm also saying it might just be too early to tell and the devs haven't revealed all parts of the world they want us to see. Rashid helped propel him to fame so maybe we'll get something through bonding with him.

The other thing about G is his ending specifically showed him interacting with Elena, Hakan, and Dan

And you see them walking together like the 4 Horsemen. The Kenya and Turkey flag are in the Haggar Stadium, and Dan is probably coming back too. Perhaps those character choices in the ending are not random.

The idea that the G arc was literally just season 3-5 of SF5 is frankly disappointing, but not impossible. I can see how Capcom thought of creating another pseudo villain like Necalli and use them as a plot device to explain the method of Gill's revelation and then have Gill absorb G's popularity. But the subtext of some interactions (Rose and Gill) and that stage of his say otherwise.

8 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

Chun-Li being in Metro City was purely for plot and WT gameplay reasons (the same goes for Jamie. So now Yun and Yang protected Metro City Chinatown?) so that Li-Fen could be kidnapped by Mad Gear. There was a stage in China where she or Jamie could be.

The China stage is probably for AKI since it resembles Alpha SF5's FANG stage.

Jamie and Luke apparently have been at each other's throats for many years so I presume they are both Metro City. 

I'm inclined to believe it is a retcon and Chun-Li was in fact doing her side gig in Metro City at least during the time of WTM. But for Yun/Yang...

5 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

it's impossible to know if the image is canon

It's not impossible. It isn't canon. That's like saying Dee Jay's retelling of Bison and Shadaloo truthfully portrays them as a rockband when it was in fact just they way he colorfully, metaphorically, and hyperbolically remembered things. Potential unreliable narrators everywhere.

11 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

I think it hurts most for me with Juri.  I really liked Juri in SF4.  But then in SF5 they added the whole "She doesn't even have a projectile anymore unless she loads up her kicks first" mechanic and that pretty much ruined playing her for me(and my friend who used to main her).  And they kept that in SF6.

At least with Juri she gets a useful attack to build her stores. She's in a better position than Jamie who doesn't get to be a complete character until he is level 2 drunk. 

I love  Captain Commando but like DS, I'd rather it be in it's own  universe. The Shadaloo CRI said it was fictional in SF and I'd prefer it if there was a fun back and forth on its canonicity rather than any official links. If it's canon to SF we'll have to get used to a few decades giving way to space travel, millions of alien cultures and having Scumicide be lying in wait for decades before CC kicks off. That would mean that he'd be the real leader behind whatever future plots would happen in SF. I want Captain Commando to be free to do it's own thing without worrying about keeping the future of SF clean or constantly having to worry about where the FF and SF cast wind up.

48 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Yeah, I'm okay with Final Fight, Slam Masters and Rival Schools being in the SF universe, but I don't want Captain Commando, Strider or SF 2010 in the SF universe.

the only thing I'll tolerate them if they were all centuries distance to each other not just a 100 years but like 300 to 500 years away from each other.

Captain Commando is the nearest, SF2010 is next and Strider is the farest away.

Beyond ED, Rashid, Akuma and Aki

Here a thing if there would be a theme DLC season.

like Mad Gear/Final Fight, Secret Society and Shadaloo.

In what Order and what theme do you think they would be if divided into 4 seasons

mine would be

0. ED, Rashid, Akuma and Aki

1. Final Fight/Mad Gear

2. Secret Society and Strike Fighters

3. Shadaloo / Zero

7 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Yeah, I'm okay with Final Fight, Slam Masters and Rival Schools being in the SF universe, but I don't want Captain Commando, Strider or SF 2010 in the SF universe.

Well if they were in the SF universe they would be a version of them that is obviously compatible with SF. It's like Akuma being in the Tekken universe. It's not our Akuma, but a version of him that exists there.

Unless Capcom outright says they are in the same universe, it would just be a multiverse version of Ninja Commando.

16 hours ago, Daemos said:

I'm just pointing out that neither of them got what they wanted more or less going by SF6, both interrupted. Gill revealed himself but then what? None of his threads in SF3 came to fruition.

My guess is Gill was planned to use Bison's Moons fall on earth as the apocalyptic  kind of event to push people look for a Saviour (would have been perfect reveal for him), but Rashid unexpectedly found a way to prevent that 2nd tragedy too

Wich made Gill (that probably no matter what felt ready to reveal himself) to switch to improvised B plan and take on this new G guy that recently became worldwide popular claiming to be some sort Saviour and even built an easy to pick on fanbase

This could have worked for a still good public reveal (he started with a success on big stage), but world was nowhere close to the desperation that would have made fuckton millions of people blind follow Gill

So my theory is having no apocalyptic shit going on at the moment he's taking the long road building his cult and waiting (or planning) something to happen, maybe in the timejump he even discovered something about the crisis G speak about and he's waiting that

Or he's planning something else, for example we know Kolin is in Nayshall as we speak (or at least been there recently)

Plus as we covered long ago there's also the possiblity Nayshall stage "hide" Gill in colors to hint his influence there

Spoiler

Street Fighter 6, fissata data uscita: tante novità in arrivo

showing red half on the left and blue on the right, just like in SFV stages (and like Gill himself lol)

Spoiler

Laura's Champion's Choice outfit and new Ring of Prosperity stage revealed  for Street Fighter 5 | DashFight

New Gill stage: Sun Chase Moon : r/StreetFighter

maybe casual, maybe not

Aside from that billboard which may just be an Easter Egg, the society seems utterly forgotten in the world so far for something that was supposed to be akin to the second coming of Christ.

Easter Egg or not we have no reason to believe billboard being not canon, what is in WTM Metro City it's canon untill proven otherwise and i find unlikely they would place there something that contradict the canon they have in mind

All other characters billboards in same square seems to fit the canon as we know it too

So as we speak Gill pushing  his cult publicly in that way is one of the only two confirmed things about him (other being Kolin presence in Nayshall)

For the second Christ thing, read post above

I don't think Gill's cult will start do big numbers till world goes through something apocalyptic, till that day he probably won just bunch of weirdos

I'm also saying it might just be too early to tell and the devs haven't revealed all parts of the world they want us to see. Rashid helped propel him to fame so maybe we'll get something through bonding with him.

Yeah is possible we will learn more

They did fucking nothing with G in SFV and G was a popular character, would be not big surprise see him return

Point was another, just that SF6 world would look very different if G did his popularity campaign thing undisturbed in the many years between SFV and SF6, so the fact we see zero hints of him in MC offer a perspective

The other thing about G is his ending specifically showed him interacting with Elena, Hakan, and Dan

And you see them walking together like the 4 Horsemen. The Kenya and Turkey flag are in the Haggar Stadium, and Dan is probably coming back too. Perhaps those character choices in the ending are not random.

Would mostly like that

Elena is very high in my wishlist, would make it in my ideal Season 1 and first female for sure

Hakan is walking nation/martial art stereotype i will ever welcome in SF, specially if nation is unrepresented... plus i really like Hakan

Dan... eh, will ever say that slot can be used for something else much better for cast variety, but can't deny played A LOT of hours with both SF4 and SFV Dan lol, plus would gift some cool moves, would probably build an Allen Snider out of it lol

One interesting fact is these three characters are kinda weak or at least very distant from top of food chain:

Hakan is likely the best and he's around Honda level, wich respectable vet (SF6 quote hint him close to Gief) but not exactly what you would expect from strongest sub-boss

Elena is part of the young new generation of Ibuki, and we seen in SFV Ibuki there was far from great... sure now we have timeskip, but doubt they reached SF2ers let alone be sub-boss stuff... as personal impression would place young SF3ers in SF6 more or less in Luke's range or maybe slighty higher (with of course some exceptions)*

Dan is Dan

Wonder if they ever have to serve as G's sub-bosses, we will get a version of them boosted up by "Gaia's power"

*SF6 Alex fuck up average SF2er

SF3 Dudley was already better than Rog, but tbh Dudley was'nt part of very young group, would limit it to Alex, Elena, Makoto, Yun, Yang, Ibuki, Necro, Sean

The idea that the G arc was literally just season 3-5 of SF5 is frankly disappointing, but not impossible. I can see how Capcom thought of creating another pseudo villain like Necalli and use them as a plot device to explain the method of Gill's revelation and then have Gill absorb G's popularity. But the subtext of some interactions (Rose and Gill) and that stage of his say otherwise.

That would be disappointing indeed, just more proof of them not being able to grow enough balls to bet big on anything that is'nt old material comfort zone

I still want to believe they will give G at least a proper conclusion in SF6 if they don't plan to do anything big with him, just let him disappear would be pathetic

After all they somehow recycled trash boss Seth in SFV (i disagree with the now waifu lame gimmick to try win popularity, but they still gave him continuation in SFV and possibly 6, if SiRN is related)

Even Necalli seems may have hopes for 6, and that was one they could have easily erased after how hard they destroyed any credibility or reason to exist back to SFV disaster

Guess we will see

Edited by CESTUS III

A future questline in WTM that I would like to see is one where you go around and meet all the Dolls, and have to defeat all of them.  Like in ASF, they'd all fight with Cammy's moveset, but have a unique Special or 2.

1.  Enero - Fight her in Spain stage, which gets added with Vega.

2.  Fevrier - Fight her in France stage.

3.  Marz - [not part of the quest because she's deceased]

4.  Aprile - Fight her in the Italy stage.

5.  Satsuki - Fight her in the Japan stage.

6.  Juni - Fight her in the England stage(she's living with Cammy).

7+11. Juli and Noembelu - Fight them both in the Thunderfoot Settlement stage.

8.  Santamu - Fight her in the Africa stage, which gets added with Elena.

9+10.  Xiayu and Jianyu - Fight them in the China stage(which is already in the game, but doesn't appear in WTM for some reason.  Maybe it's going to be AKI's stage).

12. Decapre - [not part of the quest because she might be a playable character again later]