Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

1 minute ago, ShockDingo said:

Do we have any idea when Rashid is supposed to drop? Just "summer"?

That Riyadh invitational in August seems like a good time, considering he's Saudi.

I'm hoping for July though with a trailer this month. The sooner we get through this season, the sooner we can get Season 2 - when you know who makes a surprise appearance and all is right with the world!

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

If they were meant to be something more, I think Capcom would have likely taken the "Shujinko" route by making the CaC a more defined character. 

I'm not sure they will. Like when your Cac talks to JP in the post-credits WTM, he talks about Bosch but makes no mention of the interaction between himself and Cac. Think the Cac will ultimately be relegated as a voyeur of events/canon with no lasting impact on the timeline. 

I just want to know how Capcom plan to add new plot chapters to WTM.

2 hours ago, The Slick Tony said:

The dialogue you get from leveling up mastery/bond is fantastic. So many little lore tidbits - like Edmond not being Honda's name, to Gief dragging a submarine 🤣. Oh, my favorite is the fact that Chun-Li and Ryu went with Guile once on one of his trips to Nash's grave. They're actually friends

I find strange how Blanka is a family friend to Sean and Laura and recommends you train with them. I'm curious how that meeting went lol.

Just now, Daemos said:

I found their cameo and Elena's in Lily's segment to be foreshadowing.

I agree. Same with Viper in Juri's story. Side note: I can already see the salt when Elena Drive Impacts a burned out opponent in the corner and pops  her level 2 Healing super while they are dizzy. 😂

1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I agree. Same with Viper in Juri's story. Side note: I can already see the salt when Elena Drive Impacts a burned out opponent in the corner and pops  her level 2 Healing super while they are dizzy. 😂

I can't get my hopes up for Viper after her somewhat prominent role in character stories in SF5.

I think Sean (Ken), Elena (flag), and probably Ibuki (graffiti) have the best chances from SF3. Would love Urien and Q but I can't see signs that point to them right now.

Elena's Healing would be probably be balanced in SF6. What broke it in SF4 was the Ultra mechanic. I just think she would look amazing in the RE engine. Hopefully Capcom will do her animations justice.

15 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I can't get my hopes up for Viper after her somewhat prominent role in character stories in SF5.

I think Sean (Ken), Elena (flag), and probably Ibuki (graffiti) have the best chances from SF3. Would love Urien and Q but I can't see signs that point to them right now.

Elena's Healing would be probably be balanced in SF6. What broke it in SF4 was the Ultra mechanic. I just think she would look amazing in the RE engine. Hopefully Capcom will do her animations justice.

Besides, I don't think it was her Healing ultra that was the real problem about her balance-wise, it was just something that contributed to it.

Even without it, she had undealable high-low mixups combined with janky hurtboxes that made fighting her in neutral a nightmare.

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I find strange how Blanka is a family friend to Sean and Laura and recommends you train with them. I'm curious how that meeting went lol.

Ever since in SRK, I find it weird and strange that LAURA can generate electricity in thin air for some unknown reason? 

Is it because she a brazilian like Blanka and she also wear green? lol

Sean wore the wrong color of Gi, he should have wore green too lol. So his special attacks are electrified haha

19 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I think the current designers will retire Viper for good in a happy ending way with her daughter in SF6.

I don't think SF has used for her being around since Seth is saga and shadaloo is over. 

25 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I hope for the sake of Viper fans and Makoto fans that Capcom stops blue balling them. At least Makoto was never teased in SFV. Viper was all over the place and never showed up on the character select screen. Of course the half dozen Abel fans got it worse. They got a character model in SFV and he still didn't make the roster. That's some top tier, PhD from Professor@Chadoukenlevel trolling right there 🙃

Edit: @ShakunetsuAnyone got an image of Hado Burst? We may need to check it for Electricity 😉

Edited by Darc_Requiem
6 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

I don't think SF has used for her being around since Seth is saga and shadaloo is over. 

Which is silly because her transitioning to investigating the Secret Society like what we saw in SF5, and investigating Q is a no brainer!

I think the issue with Viper is we already have like 2 other "female police/military investigators" on the roster, and Rashid is probably going to become the tech gadget boy of SF. They even gave her superior catsuit design to Juri.

The mother/daughter dynamic she has with Maya? Well that's Chun and Li-fen now.

Viper is probably going to be the premiere story NPC moving forward and I hope they can think of something better for her. I'm sure they can find a new angle for our female James Bond/Inspector Gadget.

Edited by Daemos

I'm inclined to agree with @Daemos. She's a CIA operative. Between JP's NGO's, Neo Shadaloo, and the Secret Society, there is plenty of stuff she can get wrapped up in. Her occupation sort of makes it easy for Capcom to keep her around if they so choose. Of course Cammy will try to kill her on sight. She owes Viper for the electric mammogram and forced sterilization in TTtB. Even Bison looked at that shit and said "Damn, that's fucked up." 😉

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Having multiple characters in particular corners of the lore has been a normal part of SF. Having her look into the Q mystery and leading her into G is a good angle in addition to moving along other tales like the JP -Nayshall story, Secret Society, etc. Shadaloo CRI confirmed that she's been tasked with tracking him down and in the comment section of one of my vid essays, a viewer wrote that it's possible when she ran into Urien in his story she was chasing a lead on Q.

In between the grifting her and Juri do, it could be that she does start noticing an overlap of the guys they con and some of the people that wind up dead whenever Q's involved. Heck, it could be kind of cool if it turned out he's been leading her in circles, corners her gives her an ultimatum; Help him stop G* or jump in a lake.

*= there's nothing to officially point to Q as good or villainous, but I get the vibes that with some of the toku elements (Kamen Rider's created to be a weapon by a secret org, but runs away and becomes their enemy), the fact that he's only seen observing the crime scenes, but he's not caught in the act, his demeanor (feels like he took a fight too far, so calls himself an abomination, the incredibly limited win quotes have him being strangely polite - a simple "Yes?" or "Again?!" instead of going "Crush! Kill! Destroy!" like Urien)

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

Which is silly because her transitioning to investigating the Secret Society like what we saw in SF5, and investigating Q is a no brainer!

57 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm inclined to agree with @Daemos. She's a CIA operative. Between JP's NGO's, Neo Shadaloo, and the Secret Society,

Yeah, I agree.

I always put her in the Mercenary category of Fighters that is the best to be recurring because of being Flexible. She aligned with Juri and Vega on that category I posted on SRK.

It's just a thought of mine after seeing her backstory in WTM through Juri's narrative. It's like they are slowly setting her for retirement as a playable one.

Even though she has potential to be a recurring character. while having a new slot for a new agent/spy like character that they could create their own. having more creative freedom and less constraints. since viper has a daughter.

Edited by Shakunetsu
1 hour ago, ShockDingo said:

*= there's nothing to officially point to Q as good or villainous, but I get the vibes that with some of the toku elements (Kamen Rider's created to be a weapon by a secret org, but runs away and becomes their enemy), the fact that he's only seen observing the crime scenes, but he's not caught in the act, his demeanor (feels like he took a fight too far, so calls himself an abomination, the incredibly limited win quotes have him being strangely polite - a simple "Yes?" or "Again?!" instead of going "Crush! Kill! Destroy!" like Urien)

My current interpretation of events is that our Q (the playable one in SF3) has managed to regain or retain a part of his humanity after being indoctrinated by G into his Q army. The multiple Qs we see in his SF3 ending are not all him but other people brainwashed dressed in the "Q uniform" (which was Juliana's original deduction).

Our Q is trying to figure out what happened to him, who/what is he, and why did all this happen to him. He was spying on Juliana and David at the end because he is just as curious to understand himself - he may in fact be helping them. Is he an abomination or is he a man? The answer lies with G I say.

Edited by Daemos
3 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Ever since in SRK, I find it weird and strange that LAURA can generate electricity in thin air for some unknown reason? 

I assume she does it the same way Ryu does it.  With Ki.

3 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

According to Juri, she and Viper still do jobs together.   They work together to destroy and rob organizations.

3 hours ago, Daemos said:

and Rashid is probably going to become the tech gadget boy of SF.

Rashid likes tech gadgets, but they aren't part of his moveset like they are with Viper.  Rashid is more like Li Fen in that regard.

Edited by DarthEnderX
1 minute ago, Hawkingbird said:

I think Viper still has that one lock. Li-Fen unlike Maya contributes to what Chun-Li does and does far more than the average supplementally character. I expect she will be on the main roster in a future season or next game. 

oh god I hope not. IIRC Li-fen says that she prefers to do her computer stuff than fighting.

The novelty of Kombat Kids is short lived, look at MK1 - they deleted them all from the timeline and nobody cares.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Of course Cammy will try to kill her on sight. She owes Viper for the electric mammogram and forced sterilization in TTtB.

You say that, but Cammy started going out with Juni right afterwards.  So it was probably more like:

46d.gif

2 minutes ago, Daemos said:

oh god I hope not. IIRC Li-fen says that she prefers to do her computer stuff than fighting.

Marz's lapstop slam will live on!

Edited by DarthEnderX
8 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Rashid likes tech gadgets, but they aren't part of his moveset like they are with Viper. 

You mean he actually generates sandstorms and it’s not the jets on his feet and back? Wtf?

These air elementals are so confusing now. Lily uses an ancient spirit. Guile makes a hurricane by breaking the sound barrier. And Cody punches really fast making tornadoes. This kid Rashid just wills it into existence.

3 minutes ago, Daemos said:

You mean he actually generates sandstorms and it’s not the jets on his feet and back? Wtf?

His Story costume in SF5 didn't have the backpack, and he still has the wind so...I assume it's not needed?  His SF6 design doesn't appear to have any of that gear either.

3 minutes ago, Daemos said:

These air elementals are so confusing now. Lily uses an ancient spirit. Guile makes a hurricane by breaking the sound barrier. And Cody punches really fast making tornadoes. This kid Rashid just wills it into existence.

It's like Oro said, man.  Different people call it different things, but it's all just Ki.

Edited by DarthEnderX
8 minutes ago, Daemos said:

The novelty of Kombat Kids is short lived, look at MK1 - they deleted them all from the timeline and nobody cares.

My man Takeda will be DLC according to the leaks. They will come!

There's plenty of characters that prefer to do other things than fighting like Dee Jay. Doesn't stop him from being playable

35 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

What are you talking about?  They already have.  Sakura, Sean, Menat?  Now Kimberly, Lily and AKI.

I mean literal huge timeskip that majority are new cast and deplicting the OG cast as a separately unplayable like retired  

they still keep the WW as if they were not that far retired or distance. even their age is very far away. so it's fine

Edited by Shakunetsu

Yeah we’re already delving deeper into our kombat kids era. I don’t count shotos like Sakura because they are like the MK ninjas in essence meant to duplicate the success without replacing (new gen energy).

Sean is our first true Kombat Kid IMO. Thankfully Capcom changed their mind on that one quickly and added Ryu/Ken back in SF3.

Ibuki is a successful KK because her progenitor was never popular (Geki).

AKI could be like that for FANG unfortunately.

Lily also for Hawk but she didn’t connect with audiences yet outside of people gossiping about her age. Which is a connection I guess.

Ed is literally biological progeny. Kombat Kid for sure.

Menat is another one but she is excellent, not better than the original IMO but it’s not bad.

Edited by Daemos
2 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

yeah, as the moment sf steps on that area, likely a reboot is around the corner, even Soul Calibur went that way

SF6 is the most popular the series has been and people are praising how the characters have aged, changed, and overall progressed. I can't possibly see them rebooting the series at all. Juri's immense popularity is reason alone that they're not gonna go back to SF2.

50 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

...but that's not what the Kombat Kids are.

All the Kombat Kids parents/masters were still playable in their games.

I'm directly talking about just set of characters but rather the whole change of settings combined with the casting in the way daemos is saying in SF3

settings + casting

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

Ibuki is a successful KK because her progenitor was never popular (Geki).

Or even playable...

AKI could be like that for FANG unfortunately.

FANG was also never popular.  😛

Menat is another one but she is excellent, not better than the original IMO but it’s not bad.

Also fights nothing like the character she's apprenticing.  And didn't replace her either, since Rose showed up later in SF5.

Edited by DarthEnderX
3 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

SF6 is the most popular the series has been and people are praising how the characters have aged, changed, and overall progressed. I can't possibly see them rebooting the series at all. Juri's immense popularity is reason alone that they're not gonna go back to SF2.

Companies usually reboot when they fuck shit up. Capcom has not fucked SF since SF3 (despite what people will say about SF5). The way Capcom are doing the story also avoids writing themselves in a corner too.

The pattern with SF seems to be in retrospect that Capcom uses odd number entries (1,3,5) to take bigger risks with the series and then use even number entries (0,2,4,6) to give people more of what worked, and less of what didn't (since the previous even entry).

So even if Capcom take a big risk in SF7 like a reboot or big timejump, they will course correct in SF8 and return groveling back to the golden goose that is SF2 legacy.

29 minutes ago, Daemos said:

return groveling back to the golden goose that is SF2 legacy.

I think there is a huge reason that they change SF4 that was supposed to be SF2 remake before in paper.

then they realize to reserve that branding as a soon FAIL-SAFE and continued to move forward while still over writing STRevival in process which was the last considered official canon that time before SF3.

I don't even think they rebrand like MK did, like JUST SF1 with geki, joe and mike. Maybe SF but set on ALPHA

7 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

Most of the new characters in SF6 are fairly popular. Lily and Luke are the ones failing to connect

I think Lily's stock mechanic is just bad... Like early SF5 Juri bad.

Also I'm not a fan of her bimbo/clumsy demeanor. She could've been a more serious character like Ma-Ti from Captain Planet if that is what they were going for. A lot of Gen Zers are serious about the environment for example and Lily could've captured that essence. Being young and small doesn't necessarily mean being dumb. We already have a young mystic who is clumsy in the form of Menat.

Definitely the weakest of the new characters.

Started doing write-ups on the Arcade stories. Here's a few.

Ryu's Street Fighter 6 Story

Spoiler

Ryu's narrative begins with introspection about his quest for true strength. Throughout his journey, he has encountered a diverse array of fighters, including his steadfast friend and rival, Ken, who has been by his side since the very beginning. Other notable figures like Guile, Chun-Li, and Dhalsim have also influenced Ryu's path, saving him on numerous occasions as they traverse the same journey.

In his pursuit of strength, Ryu has also came into contact with formidable adversaries such as Retsu, Sagat, Akuma, Bison, and Kage, to mention a few. At times, his most challenging opponent has been himself. Despite the countless obstacles, Ryu is resolute in his commitment to continue the never-ending journey, driven by the mantra of seeking those stronger than himself.

Unexpectedly, Luke approaches Ryu, eager to engage in a fight with him. Puzzled, Ryu questions Luke's purpose in challenging him, wanting to understand the underlying motivation. Luke admits that his desire is simply to face someone more powerful than himself. Surprisingly, this reason alone satisfies Ryu.

After witnessing Ryu's strength firsthand, Luke realizes that he requires further training. As soon as the fight concludes, Ryu departs without hesitation. Luke, wishing to capture the moment, attempts to take a picture with Ryu. However, he captures an image of Ryu walking  into the sunset--reminiscent of his Street Fighter 2 ending. Though different from his initial intention, Luke finds satisfaction in the picture he ultimately obtains.

Ken's Street Fighter 6 Story

Spoiler

Ken's story begins with widespread news reports detailing his alleged involvement in criminal activities within the developing nation of Nayshall.

Headlines proclaim: "Former National Martial Arts Champion Turned Terrorist! Alleged Funding to Anti-Government Extremists. Foundation Denies Involvement. Masters Steps Down as Foundation Director."

Despite being arrested and accused of masterminding a terrorist bombing, Ken's connection to the Masters Foundation and their intent to aid Nayshall resulted in unforeseen consequences. Eventually, his name was cleared of any wrongdoing.

Lost in thought, Ken gazes out of the window, the rain serving as a somber backdrop. He acknowledges that life cannot simply revert to how it was before the incident. Ken's motivations for fighting have undergone a complete transformation. The reasons that once fueled him are no longer the same.

Suddenly, a voice interrupts his thoughts: "Well, well... Look who it is, the former national champion." It's JP. JP inquires if the thrill of combat still invigorates Ken, expressing fascination with the idea. JP proceeds to suggest that Ken should let go of the events in Nayshall and fully immerse himself in the ecstasy of battle once again. As those words pierce Ken's mind, he clenches his coffee cup, crushing it.

Realizing that he can't move forward until he resolves things with JP once and for all, Ken wrestles with the idea of taking vengeance for JP's actions. However, he grapples with the uncertainty of whether he can truly cross that line."

Cammy's Street Fighter 6 Story

Spoiler

"Cammy's story begins with a phone conversation between her and Juni. Juni expresses concern about Cammy's intense focus on her work, which has led her to neglect basic things such as eating. However, Cammy assures Juni that it's not as extreme as before, as she now has people in her life who look out for her. Reflecting on their conversation, Cammy acknowledges the cat charm that Juni gave her, inscribed with the words "Thinking about you," which she keeps hanging from her phone. She expresses gratitude to Juni once again and receives well wishes for her work.

Cammy remains unconvinced that Shadaloo has been completely eradicated. The increased difficulty in uncovering any remnants of Shadaloo suggests that something is happening behind the scenes. Her investigation leads her to a mysterious individual named JP. Inquiring about Shadaloo, Cammy confronts JP, who denies having any knowledge of it. As JP prepares to leave, Cammy senses a familiar yet malevolent power emanating from him—Psycho Power. Determined to extract information, Cammy demands that JP reveal what he knows or she'll use force to make him.

Later, Cammy lies in bed, contemplating the recent encounter. Although JP managed to get away, it is evident that he possesses information about Shadaloo. Frustrated by the lack of answers, Cammy finds herself surrounded by mounting uncertainties. However, inspired by Juni's support, Cammy realizes that this fight extends beyond herself; it is a battle for the sake of her sisters. This realization strengthens her resolve, assuring her eventual triumph."

Guile's Street Fighter 6 Story

Spoiler

Guile's tale commences with a sparring session alongside Luke, engaging with younger fighters like Luke helps Guile maintain his sharpness. However, his true intention is to discuss the events in Nayshall with Luke. Guile inquires about Ken's involvement, and Luke assures him that Ken is undeniably innocent.

Ken had no connection to the terrorists and was framed after attempting to support Nayshall's development. This led to Ken's resignation from the Masters Foundation and his subsequent disappearance from the public eye. Guile believes that Ken wouldn't simply vanish without reason, prompting him to embark on a search to find his brother-in-law.

Eventually, Guile tracks down Ken in a back alley in Metro City. Ken, wearing a hoodie, aims to remain inconspicuous and observe events from the shadows. Ken expresses displeasure at being found, remarking, "What's the big idea? You come here just to scold your loser of a brother-in-law?" However, Guile's purpose isn't to scold him but to engage in a conversation... with his fists.

After the fight concludes, Guile informs Ken that Eliza is worried about him. Despite hearing this, Ken remains unwilling to return to his normal life at the moment. Guile suggests that Ken can let go of the Nayshall incident now that the truth is known and he was cleared of any wrongdoing. However, Ken is uncertain about his current purpose in fighting and feels the need to resolve his personal issues before showing his face to anyone. Ken asks Guile to leave him be and walks away.

Guile acknowledges that Ken doesn't want his help, but he is now determined to take matters into his own hands. If someone like Ken Masters has been pushed to the brink, investigating the Nayshall incident becomes all the more crucial.

4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

You are something else @Daemos. I never thought I'd see the day where Ma-Ti was referenced in a positive light. Growing he was the one Planeteer no one wanted to be.

WHAAAAT!?

Growing up I could only picture myself as Ma-Ti from the Planeteers*! It might not be the coolest power but it surely is the one we need the most!

*Often though I wanted to be Dr. Blight. That hairstyle and catsuit were so fierce one could easily overlook her eco-crimes. :bison: